Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:30:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I got my handmade Swiss Bitcoin watch and it is beautiful!  (Read 492 times)
jabo38 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2018, 01:47:52 PM

Wow. . the price is too expensive for me  Grin
Yes, I also love Bitcoin like you, but I'm not thinking of buying a watch at a expensive price. I think if I have that kind of money, then I will choose to buy bitcoin.  Cheesy

I did buy bitcoin. That is why I can afford to buy a watch made partially out of gold! :-)

Keep on with the HODL, I mainly still am too.

Reid

Activity: 2884
Merit: 642

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 02:03:46 PM
Merited by jabo38 (1)

I thought the price might be only cost $100 - $200, but it's actually $9000!
But i don't get it, why you all complaining OP bought this watch? It's his money, he can do whatever he want with his money.

Technically, a $200 mass produced Casio watch has more function and actually tells time better. And I think that is where many people are getting confused because to them it means "better".

The point of this watch is, that it is the first of its kind, that it is in limited supply, and that it speaks to a tribe or people.  This is very much like artwork. Many of the people complaining about how much art costs are right, you can get a poster from Walmart of a Picasso, and it might even be laminated with plastic so technically, it will keep the true color of the Picasso's vision longer than the original, but the original handmade painting will always be worth way more because of its limited supply and that it speaks to a certain tribe of people.

Expensive and limited edition handmade watches are just the same as collectible rare coins whose value far exceeds the metal in them. The same with baseball cards or clothing from Supreme. I've also been lucky with other watch purchases in that my watch collection has actually gone up in value, not down since the day I bought it. I'm sure this piece will too because Bitcoin will just keep on getting better and better and in the long run be so much more popular and expensive.

I agree. It is the art of creating watches. There are too small and fragile and it cannot be created that easily. You need firm hands to do it.
Some will just not get it. They thought it is just something that tells time on the outside but the inside tells how great the creator is.

This us very cool though. It is worth every penny. I love it. I would want one with a better design though, jusy to be unique. Grin
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 02:14:52 PM

Buying a watch has become pointless as #nutildah has said, because everyone already have time on their mobile phones. Paying $9000 for the watch is even more ridiculous. < I guess, it is your money and you can do with it as you want >  Roll Eyes

Then avert your eyes now - https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/8kefgt/rfluffyponyza_wearing_a_884k_watch_at_consensus/?sort=confidence

Only $884,000 for that particular one and it looks like a bit of $20 Iron Man merchandise.

I don't understand the watch thing myself, but I can appreciate the art and effort that goes into them, apart from the one in the link.
jabo38 (OP)
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2018, 03:44:20 AM

Buying a watch has become pointless as #nutildah has said, because everyone already have time on their mobile phones. Paying $9000 for the watch is even more ridiculous. < I guess, it is your money and you can do with it as you want >  Roll Eyes

Then avert your eyes now - https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/8kefgt/rfluffyponyza_wearing_a_884k_watch_at_consensus/?sort=confidence

Only $884,000 for that particular one and it looks like a bit of $20 Iron Man merchandise.

I don't understand the watch thing myself, but I can appreciate the art and effort that goes into them, apart from the one in the link.

There was more than one of those there at Consensus.  And I agree, not my style.  I like my Bitcoin watch way more.

dupee419

Activity: 1344
Merit: 261

View Profile
December 10, 2018, 05:09:17 AM

Now that is beautiful, just watched it and just wow, the strap was made out of alligator skin and the watch is just really beautiful, I wish I can get me that because it really is a beautiful trademark for BTC lovers, go check out the video and crave for that beautifully designed watch by Chronoswiss, wonder how much it would cost me to buy that.  Huh
travelcrypto

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2018, 05:17:29 AM

Looks slick man, congrats!

Chronoswiss is a reputable company, they make watches for other brands too. Pricy but good quality.

That's a bit expensive for me. I got a couple of cryptomatic (https://cryptomatic.io/) watches, they have been around for years. Got one of the first models and one of the latest collection they just put out.

I recenlty found this other brand (https://iwo-watches.com/) and ordered the pack of 2, one for me and one for my GF, they're much cheaper, quartz watches but look well built. I will post when I receive them, I hope they make it on time for Xmas.

And I agree with buying the bitcoin you spent back to avoid buyers remorse when it bounces back man, I think I paid like 2.5 bitcoin for the first cryptomatic I bought. I bough the coins back at a lower price actually so it's good lol
BuyBuyBitcoin

Activity: 126
Merit: 29

Get Maximalist or Get Wrecked

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2018, 05:22:07 AM

It's time to start the bitcoin watch collection OP.

Buying one for each wrist makes you twice the baller...

Avoiding ICO's and Shitcoins | Finding where people can Buy Bitcoin Around the World.
coin8coin8

Activity: 168
Merit: 47

False Moon

View Profile
December 10, 2018, 06:06:46 AM

Fortunately, they didn't take this watch to start an ICO.
We've seen a lot of madmen, and as long as any related to Bitcoin, they can use it to do an ICO, and it usually causes the reputation of Bitcoin to get worse.
Who is the next? Maybe someone should consider the Ethereum series of watches. LOL.

Loser
jabo38 (OP)
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2018, 05:02:07 PM

Fortunately, they didn't take this watch to start an ICO.
We've seen a lot of madmen, and as long as any related to Bitcoin, they can use it to do an ICO, and it usually causes the reputation of Bitcoin to get worse.
Who is the next? Maybe someone should consider the Ethereum series of watches. LOL.

Both the company that made the BTC watch didn't do an ICO, and the company that made the blockchain certificates of ownership/update/transfer didn't do an ICO.  They are both just regular companies. Which is really cool because not only is this the first Bitcoin watch that I know of, it is always the first watch with a blockchain certificate too. 

That Hublot watch is soooo pretty but you don't get a blockchain certificate.  You just pay with BTC and they engrave your tx hash on the outside. Otherwise, it is just a regular Hublot watch with nothing related to Bitcoin on it.

Somebody who looked at my Bitcoin watch told me, "Your watches history and identity is live on the blockchain, that Hublot watch just has some blockchain written on it." hahaha

yrrehc16

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 10, 2018, 08:25:06 PM

such a beautiful watch bro, i am happy for you.
how i wish i can have mine like that. but the cost is not good for me.
but seriously i love your watch. good luck man.
aliceHortrex

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2018, 10:19:28 PM

It looks really cool! My brother has a very similar watch to yours, but it was bought somewhere in Italy for a lot of money. The first time I saw them, I thought they were the best watches I'd ever seen.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
zolfa

Activity: 518
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 10, 2018, 11:01:47 PM

it's really good, how do you get the watch? the BTC logo makes us proud, and even every BTC logo on clothes, in a car, on a motorcycle, at home, can help to spread of concept of BTC to the world.
jabo38 (OP)
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2018, 11:15:34 PM

such a beautiful watch bro, i am happy for you.
how i wish i can have mine like that. but the cost is not good for me.
but seriously i love your watch. good luck man.

Thanks.  I love it too. And the best part is that many times expensive watches don't actually tell time very well, but I've been testing this one and it is just as good as a Rolex.

jabo38 (OP)
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2018, 11:16:27 PM

it's really good, how do you get the watch? the BTC logo makes us proud, and even every BTC logo on clothes, in a car, on a motorcycle, at home, can help to spread of concept of BTC to the world.

I have a big custom-made BTC decal on my car too.  Looks good. I'm a proud believer in Bitcoin and blockchain even when the markets are down.

Noosco

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2018, 11:40:35 PM

The watch is beautiful and to me, I do not think that the price should matter. It is a beautiful piece of art. I like it. For people complaining of the price, I think every one has got the right to spend their money on what makes them happy. Some love art works and so don't. It is an individual stuff.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: