Bitcoin Forum
August 31, 2024, 04:19:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How I handle crypto regret  (Read 3438 times)
bits4books

Activity: 854
Merit: 264

Crypto is not a religion but i like it

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 11:46:10 AM

I just drink untill I can't think.
(just joking)
Ha-hha Smiley Very funny. As for me usually I am setting myself on the possibility of loss, so I am basically preparing myself that I will be losing money and it is eventually easier to handle in the case.
badaovodich

Activity: 265
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 11:48:51 AM

When you start on trading cryptocurrency, you will have many regret but you must know when have stop. Although you regret but that is a suitable thing because its value is not an absolute.
Promitestake

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 01:40:07 PM

do not be too attention on the error that you are Made but you ought to attention the way to Made that mistake as a lesson. Made a mistake is everyday due to the fact we're human. in case you sense remorse about it, you need to be able to improve your talent and information, so that you can keep away from to make the identical mistake.
layoutph

Activity: 1372
Merit: 255

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2018, 01:42:32 PM

Its normal, personally I am still blaming my self for not buying Bitcoin while below $1. Now its $7k. But you know what. If BTC is already on its 4 digit value. You still have a chance in high marketcap low priced coins like XRP, XLM, ADA.. etc.. They are good alternatives of Bitcoin.
handsofgod

Activity: 116
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 07:59:06 PM

such a story! I can't wait for upcoming ICO so many projects to invest in. Here is one example - Kelvin Blockchain, hope this will come soon, the idea, team every part of this is very interesting Wink
Sean25pogi

Activity: 364
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 11:52:38 PM

I handle my cryptocurency regret as a strength, yeah sound weird but I used it as an advantage because I learned how to deal with my past mistakes that I have done to able to be a better person.
BagzMM

Activity: 378

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 01:28:12 AM

Regret is an inevitable state of mind in crypto at one point or another:-

why didn't I buy that coin when it was $0.50?
why did I sell this coin early?
why didn't I take profits on the way up, only to see the value fall 50% in a market crash? (a lot of us in the last crash!)
why didn't I buy the dip?
why did I FOMO and buy at the ATH and now I'm holding an unrealised loss?
why didn't I buy more of this coin?
We're all going to make "mistakes" that lead to a feeling of regret and self-admonishment.

I have a couple of strategies here to help me dampen the feeling of regret.

1. I have to realise that regret is largely based on a "maximalist"/perfectionist mindset, which is both unrealistic and unhealthy. We are attached to the notion of maximising profits. But what would that involve? It would involve being the perfect, machine-like investor. Always buying low, selling at an ATH, taking profits at the perfect time. It's an impossible standard to live up to.

If I make a profit, I compare my profits to the stock market. If you do THAT, realise you're likely "killing it" even with a "modest" 100% gain (it's ridiculous even to put "modest" here). If you can make a 10% gain a YEAR in the stock market, that's considered a success.

Also realise that the maximalist attitude is largely shaped around only hearing one side of the story of other people's trades. People boast when they're winning, and they're quiet when they're losing. Therefore, you can start to think that everyone's doing incredibly well.

2. I can only compare myself to the other me who didn't get into cryptos at all. That's your baseline to compare to. There really is no other baseline. It's damaging and outright delusional to compare yourself to the "perfect you" that always bought at the exact bottom and sold at the exact top. That you does not exist. It's a damaging fantasy that always leads to you beating yourself up about not making the most optimal decision at each and every turn. Cryptos can quickly lose its fun if you think along those lines.

Are you in profit (as in cashed out your initial investment + profits in fiat)? Then you're winning - you're doing better than the other you that didn't bother with cryptos. Congratulations. You should extinguish any regret, and actually feel contentment at your achievement. Forget the "what ifs?" - you made a decision that has made you better off financially and you've learned a fair amount along the way.

Are you holding an unrealised loss? Then know that it's unrealised and while that can be stressful, you're doing well to hold on and you can be proud that you haven't sold yet. It won't fix the regret so easily, but you have the hope your unrealised loss can turn into a realised profit.

Are you actually making a realised loss in cryptos? Of course, this is the hardest situation of all. All you can do is see it as a lesson you paid for. Nothing is without value, and you will have learned something along the way. You gave something a try, and financially it didn't work out. You may not be out of the game, so you could be in profit in a few days or weeks' time. Or maybe you've just had enough. Fair play. Know that you're actually in a big group of people. Lots of people have faced your situation and come out the other side OK. I lost a fair amount of money in Forex a few years ago. I felt crap for a while, then I stopped feeling crap. Luckily, life moves on. Actually, without that experience with Forex, I doubt I would have found any interest in cryptos - and I have profited from cryptos much more than my Forex losses - so there is that. Plus, cryptos are a LOT more fun than Forex.

I know that everything above is purely based on financial regret, and the counterargument is that "there's more to cryptos than just making a profit" - but when it comes to regret, it's almost always about money.
For me, how will i handle it. It is just a matter of accepting failure that molds us to be strong and be more wiser in dealing things in the crypto world. Embrace the volatility and the risky market for it makes us successful investor.
Opnsrc

Activity: 1064
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 03:34:24 PM

That is why I do not regret anymore. I take a small pause after the fall, and then I am going on ahead further. The mistakes that were done...I am trying not to repeat them at all. It works as I see.
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 03:55:23 PM

Thank you for this wonderful post. I have had to live with the biggest regret of my life, not selling off my altcoins back in January when they would have been life-changing for me at that time and now am down to almost a big whopping phat 0. The only comfort I have now is that I am still alive and as I started from 0, I might still have a chance to make it big holding one or two decent coins, maybe not this year, but in a few years down the road. I cling on to hope now for dear life but I still don't know if I am making any big mistakes but if my holdings do ever go up in a bull run, what little holdings I have left, I will certainly unload this time around, if I get that chance that is.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
supine

Activity: 1036
Merit: 109

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 04:06:04 PM

Most people in crypto had the biggest regret of their life. A lot of us hope that we had invested in crypto when it was really cheap. Just do not think over it a lot of time and keep in mind that a better opportunity will come. Crypto is just starting and it will get better in the future.
Abeliancoin

Activity: 24

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 03:41:04 AM

Just remember, when you made a decision and once you confirm to buy, then nothing can turn back coz it becomes a history, no matter you are in profit or loss.
So think twice and consider every action you make. Or you can just hodl a long time ago, and wait it become valuable.
LooBaao

Activity: 224

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 01:16:25 PM

The regret here is that you have made a profit but because of the price they have increased and you regret it, this means you are too greedy, have not set a clear goal, if you have no goal you will fail , learn to forget, and accept with the present.
rumexx

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 01:46:33 PM

There is no point crying over spilled milk. Once you have initiated any move in crypto trading  the next thing to do is to follow your mind and wait to see the outcome of that move. Once  you have sold or buy a coin there is a reason why you initiate that move so you do not regret your trade  because you will still have other opportunity. 
VBCryp@

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 02:14:15 PM

Let's forget about them, what is past, let them through, never look back, so you will never forget the regret you went through, I also met like you and I tried to forget them, I know that I do not know what to remember now
GawirZZ

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 02:55:21 PM

if you trade in crypto know the risk first if you fail so if you experience failure you will not be disappointed because it prevents always be the best thing. if you fail you can follow bounty program.
george888055

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 03:17:38 PM

Regret is a kind of a bad emotion. A profitable trading strategy is not enough on its own. Discipline play the main role in the implementation of the trading strategy
Magiklair

Activity: 293

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 03:40:43 PM

I think that you should handle the crypto regret without any positive emotions. I think that you should be calm because staying calm can help you to cope with all difficulties and complications
Mahanton

Activity: 2814
Merit: 647

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 04:16:00 PM

Thank you for this wonderful post. I have had to live with the biggest regret of my life, not selling off my altcoins back in January when they would have been life-changing for me at that time and now am down to almost a big whopping phat 0. The only comfort I have now is that I am still alive and as I started from 0, I might still have a chance to make it big holding one or two decent coins, maybe not this year, but in a few years down the road. I cling on to hope now for dear life but I still don't know if I am making any big mistakes but if my holdings do ever go up in a bull run, what little holdings I have left, I will certainly unload this time around, if I get that chance that is.
Same situation on here which I do miss out that golden opportunity to sell out those times December to January which most of my altcoin holdings do pump out into massive multipliers but I do became greedy and hold it off to seek out for more higher price and later on when the entire market do make a correction all of my coins dumped down almost to 0 value and I'm still holding off these coins into my folio.
Those amounts would be life-changing too but I do miss out which is really a stressful thing for me.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
▄▄████▄▄
▀█▀
▄▀▀▄▀█▀
▄░░▄█░██░█▄░░▄
█░▄█░▀█▄▄█▀░█▄░█
▀▄░███▄▄▄▄███░▄▀
▀▀█░░░▄▄▄▄░░░█▀▀
░░██████░░█
█░░░░▀▀░░░░█
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
▄░█████▀▀█████░▄
▄███████░██░███████▄
▀▀██████▄▄██████▀▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▀▄███░░░▀████░███▄▀██▄
███░████░░░░░▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄░░░░▀░████░███
███░████░███▄░░░░████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄░░███▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
SOUTHAMPTON FC
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
Adrin

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 09:40:08 PM

I think no need to do this. Past is past. Learn from present and use it for future. Experience is the best key to success. Don’t be too greedy, watch the market very carefully, take a proper decision, think twice before doing anything, ask for help if you need. This is all. Only you can help yourself. I’m sure that for which you make lose once never become again in the same way.
Davido1174

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 06:33:34 AM

Its quite painful to have a missed opportunity for profits in this industry. However, we are emotional beings and we have regrets at some point in our lives. Most times, I try to make sure I do not  think about the issue. I take a dip breath and I stay away from my laptop for sometime. This makes me more refreshed and better when am back
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: