Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:30:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] StarTrek insipred coins =) and mining links (Low Diff) Nice Bounties!  (Read 60676 times)
Scooby903

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 03:20:44 AM

A few updates:

I am now unsure where the KED relaunch stands. Scifi has indicated that he has been working on the relaunch converting the UFC client to KED. This is the last option I wanted to take with the relaunch. I am unsure whether or not to continue with my version of the relaunch.

I also wanted to share a tool some might find useful in the sky-rocketing market. This tool will scan drives on the byte level looking for key pairs and create a wallet with what it finds. This is useful for recovering deleted wallets and even corrupted wallets.Years ago, it was sometimes not worth it to save Bitcoin wallet files if inconvenient, when BTC was only a dollar or two. These wallets could now be worth thousands. This tool could help recover some long lost wallets and recover a substantial amount of money. You can use the wallets it creates with any coin, just use the rescan option or if too corrupted the salvage wallet option with the coin client. I found a old prime coin stash worth about $300.

This is an advanced tool and as always use at your own risk. I will not provide support as it is not my tool, I am just sharing it with you. I have put it in my own github as the original location is a pain in the arse to use.

https://github.com/Hartland/wallet-recover-0.3

Thanks for the update!

BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Uhlbelk

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2013, 04:47:57 AM

This is an advanced tool and as always use at your own risk. I will not provide support as it is not my tool, I am just sharing it with you. I have put it in my own github as the original location is a pain in the arse to use.

https://github.com/Hartland/wallet-recover-0.3

Wallet recovery service. Sounds like it could be profitable for the right developer.

That is Groovy, Thanks for sharing!

Freedom with SciFi Coin
truckythin

Activity: 781
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 05:05:54 AM

Offering 200 GPL for 0.1 BTC

who want to buy GPL as this offer, pls pm me, tks
unfocus

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2013, 06:21:37 AM

Jonoiv,

Here is probably the tool you need to recover that 4700 GPL!

Dreamwatcher,

I'd like to publicly ask you to proceed with KED relaunch. I am absolutely sure sure that Scifi would understand. He was going to clone UFC while you are working from a much more fresh source tree. Not to mention that we still need to deal with the exchange process of the old KED to the new.

I really hope that you'd find some solution to what you are going through.

SCIFICOINS 4 LIFE Trading at SciiFI Coin Ex https://www.scifi-ex.com
Uhlbelk

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2013, 06:58:17 AM

Dreamwatcher,

I'd like to publicly ask you to proceed with KED relaunch. I am absolutely sure sure that Scifi would understand. He was going to clone UFC while you are working from a much more fresh source tree. Not to mention that we still need to deal with the exchange process of the old KED to the new.

Agreed. Especially if you are having any kind of issues with the current ked. Or is the issue just being fair to all the holders of old ked vs the new chain? Hope I'm not showing my ignorance in the matter.

Freedom with SciFi Coin
scificoin (OP)

Activity: 95

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 06:53:47 PM

Jonoiv,

Dreamwatcher,

+1

Dreamwatcher's code is probably more 110% better and more thorough, I have not even got to the stage of compiling successfully and dreamwatcher's KED is as far as I know in final testing.  There is no point even thinking about it. 
dreamwatcher
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2013, 06:25:42 PM

Jonoiv,

Dreamwatcher,

+1

Dreamwatcher's code is probably more 110% better and more thorough, I have not even got to the stage of compiling successfully and dreamwatcher's KED is as far as I know in final testing.  There is no point even thinking about it. 

OK, I will continue work on the KED relaunch. I am quite busy with CCE at the moment and the CCE3 project needs to be put back in high gear.

All the CCE moves should be finished today, and there will be test phases as the the CCE3 API gets developed.

I still should have time to continue on the relaunch. Let us aim TENTATIVELY for this weekend - early next week.

Do not forget it is not only about the client/daemon, but the restoring of coins in the old KED chain. This can happen in a couple of ways:

Continue the old chain with the new client/daemon - This would be optimal but throws some hurdles in my way.

I have a CCE3 database that contains every address used and the balance in each address. So as originally planned, premine the total coins in the old chain and send them back to the same address in the new chain. The address version will be the same in both chains, there would be a couple of methods of restoring your coins.

As of now the new KED code base is purely the current Novacoin. No clone of a clone of a clone and the snowball of issues that comes with that.

dreamwatcher
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2013, 06:42:38 PM

I also wanted to touch on Gold-pressed-latinum.

With the N-factor where it is, it is a difficult coin to mine.

But, is that not how it should be? From a lore point of view, it is one of the rarest materials and unable to be replicated. In the Star Trek universe it is the 'Holy Grail' of currency.

With N-factor where it is, my 7950's are getting 31.76 K/H at the miner and about 16 K/H at the pool due to hardware errors. The hardware errors seem inevitable at this point.

CPU mining with a Phenom II quad core is yielding about .12 K/H per thread. I will add more memory to that miner and tinker with the memory speed to see if that will improve.

It will eventually be a CPU only coin as memory requirements increase as N-factor increases. Do not ignore GPL, it can be a nice coin to mine along side your GPU mining of other coins.
DimaziK

Activity: 131

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 09:06:24 PM

Give please a link on UFC and GPL wallets.
Uhlbelk

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2013, 10:14:59 PM

Give please a link on UFC and GPL wallets.
GPL
http://www.scificointalk.com/index.php/topic,6.0
UFC
http://www.scificointalk.com/index.php/topic,4.0

Current GPL Giveaway:
http://www.scificointalk.com/index.php/topic,50

Freedom with SciFi Coin
DimaziK

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 11:16:51 PM

My wallet UFC writes that WARNING: Checkpoint is too old.
What I need to make?
unfocus

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2013, 05:05:42 AM

My wallet UFC writes that WARNING: Checkpoint is too old.
What I need to make?

Are you using QT client or linux daemon? If the latter, you can try the new client with newer checkpoint here: http://scificointalk.com/index.php/topic,45.0.html

Otherwise, it's not a big deal, just some warnings.

dreamwatcher
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2013, 05:43:45 AM

UPDATE:

Commit made to Federation Credit Client/daemon to limit POS minting to one core. This fixes the system slowdown when POS minting large amounts of stake eligible  coins.

https://github.com/scificryptocoin/FederationCredits
unfocus

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2013, 05:54:07 AM

UPDATE:

Commit made to Federation Credit Client/daemon to limit POS minting to one core. This fixes the system slowdown when POS minting large amounts of stake eligible  coins.

https://github.com/scificryptocoin/FederationCredits

Nice!

Dreamwatcher, it's always nice to read updates from you. It's like, er.., watching a dream  Grin

(sorry for the bad pun)

jonoiv

Activity: 966
Merit: 526

🐺Dogs for President🐺

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 08:27:37 PM

That was an epic powercut  Angry

but the good news is I found my wallet for GPL  Cheesy  Cool...... 

Didn't need the tool posted by earlier by Dreamwatcher, but thank you for sharing this.  syncing up dollar-pounds now!  I would like to donate, some dollar-pounds $£10000 a give away on scificointalk.com.  Is there any trusted member who would be interested in running the give away if i send them the coinz?

Signature for hire!
Uhlbelk

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2013, 10:56:18 PM

That was an epic powercut  Angry

but the good news is I found my wallet for GPL  Cheesy  Cool...... 

Didn't need the tool posted by earlier by Dreamwatcher, but thank you for sharing this.  syncing up dollar-pounds now!  I would like to donate, some dollar-pounds $£10000 a give away on scificointalk.com.  Is there any trusted member who would be interested in running the give away if i send them the coinz?
I suggest you go join the scificointalk forums.
Start a give away thread (new sections for them soon). And go from there Smiley

Freedom with SciFi Coin
dreamwatcher
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2013, 05:53:15 PM

As I posted on my CCE thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=124303.msg3811032#msg3811032

Explorers have been up and down today. The data center that contains my VPS(s) has been performing hardware upgrades. These were supposed to be Ethernet switches and not the sever hardware itself.
For the last couple of days I have servers restarted, passwords reset and servers imaged and reloaded. I had one server which added encryption (I did not ask for) using an old password.

Today the pool server got reset and I have now restarted both pools. According to the VPS provider, they had several power strips in the data center that needed replacement. Hopefully this is the last reset we have to deal with.
bluestang

Activity: 128

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 02:12:05 PM

So which of you dumbasses don't know how to actually trade coins and are dumping UFC on btcltc.com at any price?  The Chinese are very disciplined and hold coins.  Keep  that Total Sell Qty down in the 30k range, not the 320k it's at now.  Keep your coins there, just don't post them for sale all at once.  You are oversaturated the market plus with whoever just dumps for any price is just killing this for all.

Oh, and quit leapfrogging to get the first in line sell.  The Chinese are not stupid and will just wait, they won't buy and will just wait for you to sell to them.

Cryptsy Trade Key: 3d74ea28a32572a77c108116c46ba67a65834bfc
dreamwatcher
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2013, 09:59:11 PM

KED RELAUNCH UPDATE:

I have been putting in many hours (and a couple of all niters) to get the KED launch out on time, and it looks like it is going to make it.  Smiley

I am going to be ready for final testing sometime this weekend and it should be ready for launch next week. As of now the coding left consists of clean-up and placing some of the graphics in the qt-client like it was before.
After that and testing, all that remains will be to create the final new genesis block, "pre-mine" so to speak, and distribute the "pre-mine" back to the addresses on the original Darsek chain block.

The new client/daemon is directly cloned from the current version of Novacoin.

POW block reward is the same as before at 3.5 KED.

POS rewards have changed, they follow the current Novacoin standard. CryptoManiac has put much time and effort into tuning the POS and I see no reason to change it.

The client/daemon will automatically detect an old Darsek wallet, salvage the keys and create a current version of the wallet with the salvaged keys. Your old keys will not show up in your addresses book, but the client/daemon will use them and your balance will reflect what it was when the KED explorer was taken down. This method also allows for other ways to recover your old Darsek wallets in case the client/daemon cannot salvage a wallet for some reason.

This is a completely new block chain, different identifier, ports, and protocol versions. Old Darsek client/daemons will not be able to connect to the new block chain. The address version remains the same to allow for the distribution of the replacement coins directly on the block chain.

More later..  Smiley

DimaziK

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 05:18:08 PM

At wallet start I have such mistake

I reinstalled a wallet, loaded anew a chain of blocks, helps nothing!
Prompt that it is possible to make?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: