Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:35:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to plan for a future career as a cryptocurrency analyst or developer  (Read 829 times)
joshuad31 (OP)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 01:52:02 PM

Hello,

I am trying to receive some helpful insight as to future careers in the realm of cryptocurrency.  I was wondering what skill sets map to what future possible job opportunities related to bitcoin.  I want to consider which skillsets might be a good fit given my background and the amount of time I have to invest to learn something new.  I have the following questions:

1. Do I really need to be able to program to develop a useful skill set for cryptocurrency analysis or for creation of new cryptocurrency integrations / applications?  If so which programming language do I need to know?

2. Bitcoin represents an overlap of so many disciplines and technologies.  In order to work in this domain for some of the jobs that will be available initially do you need to have knowledge of everything?
- the bitcoin protocol used to create transactions
- the programming that allows bitcoin clients / nodes to operate
- finance and contracts
- cryptography
- blockchain transaction analysis
- how network protocols allow for verification of transactions and distribution of the blockchain database.

3. I see many ways 3rd parties could offer services pertaining contracts, insurance, wills/deeds/trusts; what types of employers are likely to become initial early adopters to offer these services?  When might we start seeing offerings for these types of services become available?

4. If I wanted to work for FinCEN today as a cryptocurrency analyst (I think they are the only ones that employ such people) what skill sets would I need to successfully interview and be hired for that job today?

5. What do you feel is the best learning path to obtain the knowledge that relates to these skill sets?

6. Specifically what job titles and job functions do you feel are on the imminent horizon?

Joshua
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: