Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 05:57:47 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ban New altcoins  (Read 464 times)
greeklogos

Activity: 658
Merit: 152

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 01:00:36 PM

How will you stop this, all altcoins and tokens are not centralized and all of them actually out of control. So, I doubt that this process will ever be stopped, only if all digital currencies will be admitted out of the law all world round and the government will be punish everybody who produce new coins.
CoinOnTheBeach

Activity: 90
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 01:03:05 PM

I think its time to ban new altcoins from coming in, there should be a limit on how many altcoins there should be per year
so that people can actually profit from investing in altcoin.

the coins should be ruled by the free market.
by the rules of demand and supply.
otherwise we might just turning our back on the next big thing by limiting the numbers of new arrivals.
whirlcoin

Activity: 602
Merit: 111

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 01:03:21 PM

I think its time to ban new altcoins from coming in, there should be a limit on how many altcoins there should be per year

And who is going to do the banning? The code for bitcoin and most alts is open source, and anyone can take the code and tweak it and make their own coins. And any customer can CHOOSE to buy those coins. Free market, isn't it?
You're totally right,the OP might not know what is the cryotocurrency and what is the meaning of decentralizatuon.

Any one in this world can create their own coins if they want and there are lots of coins introduced to the cryotocurrency market everyday but not all the coins will stay here,only the best coin will hold on and the shit coins will fade away in months or years.So if OP want to get profit from investing on cryotocurrency you need to pick the right coins bro.
ruthbabe

Activity: 966
Merit: 275

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 01:53:12 PM

You can only do it in your country and that's only possible if you are the President or the head of state. But banning new altcoins from coming in on this forum, don't know if it's possible. Just don't know where you got your wild idea, and since you said "its time to ban" (very urgent?) what would happen on the following board then?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=67.0     > Altcoin Discussion
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=159.0   > Announcements (Altcoins)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=160.0    > Mining (Altcoins)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=161.0    > Marketplace (Altcoins)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=224.0    > Speculation (Altcoins)

RAOLUOXIANG

Activity: 44

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 02:08:45 PM

Thank you for your sharing, mate. And then we will all be very rich even we are investing the so-called trash right now. :-)  But banning new coins is ideally accomplished, but in practice, No way.
Cryptodude2020

Activity: 35

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 03:10:30 PM

While I agree something needs to be done here, I don't think banning is neither an solution nor it is aligned to core concept of Crypto (more like an Oxymoron).

While the idea of no restriction sounds cool in the beginning, I am hoping you all agree that it is not sustainable. The options are either Govt/Authorities would come in and throw some restrictions regulations around or  community comes in together and come up with some ground rules. If there is an external regulation, it is hard to say how it is going to turn out to as it is mostly people with no clue writing the regulations.

The best case is for Crypto community to come up with some basic guidelines. Crypto Community need to take a hard look at present practices and cut down on the one's that is really hurting. One such practice is how the marketing of new coins are being done. It is sad to see senior members praising a new coin only to get air drop or other similar options benefiting them. The new comers sees their comments and starts to believe in cost and throw thier hard earned money. How long do we think this can continue before common people start thinking every currency as scam?

I see coins having no info on the page, no dev presence or not even a good purpose to show case why this coin is going to make any difference. The next thing I see is because there is a marketing campaign, everyone is praising the coin. Few weeks down, no one knows where the coin or Dev is. There s strong need for self governance and lay down some rule such as (these are just my suggestion and actual rules may not be same):

Some basic aspects are up and published before coin is launched (things such as wallet, web page, Block explore, Dev info, purpose  and what is different in this coin then 10K other floating coin:-))
There should be a phase where the coin is developed and then launch. Exchange listing, ICO info if applicable should all be listed in Dev phase and good time frame for launch. This time gap would ensure people have time to analyze and also show Dev commitment over time.

I am sure you all will come up with more rule around it....

Bottom line, either we take control or someone else will. In case of later, there is no saying how it is going to be turn out to be...

My 2 coins.....

bitcoinzen

Activity: 420
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 03:11:59 PM

who will ban banning wont happen in decentralised market
paul00

Activity: 854
Merit: 257

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 12:17:36 AM

Why is there a need to ban any upcoming alt coins in thise community? I think this is not actually necesaary unless it was proven to be a scam. As far as I can see it new alt coins shows potential to be in the industry which helps all of us to have a mark up. I think people just needs to be picky on investments that you will make to ensure the safety of your investment.
babyshaun

Activity: 230
Merit: 110

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 12:33:53 AM

it's hard to be able to banned the new altcoin because of the ICO, CROWDFUND and AIRDROP. These are the new coins that come out this year. If other people are confused about choosing or investing in their coin we are no longer guilty of learning about crypto. my opinion is that I favor new coin appearing because of the opportunity that is just a pretty good background of the company and increasing the bitcoin exposure to other exchanger this possibility will still be in bitcoin. Today I do not see anything wrong with tokens that appear to be wrong to us if we choose the right coin. Another coin is just a bait to raise funds for us to make it worse when we get into it. so we make our own research before we invest.
tonalliapp

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 12:34:44 AM

yes its a good idea. but it is practically possible to ban the coins
sabine80

Activity: 728
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 12:40:32 AM

this sounds like a good idea, but how should this work? i think this is impossible. people will still release new altcoins to get profit from it and there is no way to stop it.
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 12:50:37 AM

t. Individual who has a hard time making money on probably the easiest money-making platform right now.

You can't do what you're suggesting at all, the more of them that exist the more interest there is from the rest of the community for things like altcoins, and then it's just a game of finding the ones that will make you money reliably. It's not that there are too many, you're just looking in the wrong places. And there shouldn't be any guarantee of profit either. It should try to be somewhat legitimate, considering the situations plaguing a majority of the market (and the community at large) right now.

Either way, you'll never ban them. Guaranteed.
coinsontheroad

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 12:52:38 AM

Forget about banning. Let the market sort it out. We're all adults here and we are all capable of doing our own due diligence. Our investment decisions should be entirely our responsibility.

reck1ess

Activity: 350
Merit: 30

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 12:53:20 AM

I think that would be a great Idea so people may not be confused on what coins should they invest in, it is good to limit it only per year.
It is a good idea and also every investors in altcoins would be able to benefit on this, but my question is who would or who can handle this to make it possible? Is there any person who is powerful enough to ban incoming altcoins all over the world? Or do you mean in ban incoming alt coins only in this forum?
But the cons for this is if there are only limited altcoins per year, bounties and campaigns would also be limited therefore it will be more harder to join campaigns.
And the goodside of the project is it will be able to minimize the scam ICO, unless someone will check or there is a person involve on which altcoins should be accepted. Just my opinion, feel free to correct me.

gigatux

Activity: 343
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 01:03:21 AM

Mate, being logical we cannot ban new altcoins coming in because they are using Block-chain technology and Block-chain technology is an open source decentralized system. It means everyone can use Block-chain and no one can stop it. But I also wish there is a limit on how many altcoins need to be created per annum. It will flood less coin in the market and normally it also helped haste the growth of other altcoins.
crypto_Butterfly

Activity: 186
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 01:10:52 AM

You cant ban new altcoins doesn't matter if they are coins or tokens. There has been many god tokens emerge in past few months then why to ban them?
D3m1r4wanti

Activity: 714
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 01:20:22 AM

we can not forbid the making of new coin coins, it is the right of everyone, and I guess we should not be afraid of the number of new altcoins every year because in the same year many coins are gone
Davidbugs2

Activity: 217

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 01:21:01 AM

Actually its not possible to ban selected coins or new ones, so its a shit concept in reality.
wagi

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 01:24:59 AM

I think this good idea to realize because so many ico comes last year and this year too.
However, i think this idea is equivalent with legalizing ico so the only worth project can be raisen.
jvdp

Activity: 1148
Merit: 523

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 02:28:30 AM

This is not a good idea because many companies are affected in this plan. So we should allowed only 50 coin in per year other altcoins are launching in next year. This kind of plan is better to your plan. First we create chart for this year launching altcoin. Then we should allocate one to fifty altcoins but i don't know how this is possible in current scenario. Because many MNC companies are launching the new altcoins so we don't stop or control. I think only one option is possible we don't invest in shit coin.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print