Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 09:33:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CME futures expires on 26th January  (Read 364 times)
bigcash2011

Activity: 1442
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 08:45:07 PM

I read some analysts that said that after 26 new money will be poured into btc and crypto market starting the next uptrend and bringing an end to the current correction, well im not able to see big reversal signs at the moment, may be in coming days it will happen, lets see.

muhdatha

Activity: 168
Merit: 11

Betrium 🎾 Worldwide Betting Exchange

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 09:23:12 PM

I read some analysts that said that after 26 new money will be poured into btc and crypto market starting the next uptrend and bringing an end to the current correction, well im not able to see big reversal signs at the moment, may be in coming days it will happen, lets see.
All of us are waiting, but although when futures started in december many analists told that bitcoin will be with low volatility than before.
Cause futures could hedge Big Money from insane Bitcoins volatility.
For example on CBOE and CME trading will stop if price increase or reduce more than 5%.
That's special insuranse for markets panic sale / buy. Smiley

yhoga45

Activity: 294
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 10:12:46 AM

My opinion is BTC will increase after that, because BTC use blockchain technology which is "I think" blockchain technology is future for us. So cryptocurrency will be "important" for our life in the future. From the other side cryptocurrency is virtual? and I think modern era a lot of thing become virtual. Hopefully my opinion is right.
I still keep my coin even though it is getting very deep discount. I believe in my investment because it is the coin that I have researched very carefully before I decided to invest. The market will recover when big investors return to the market, good coin values ​​are very low, that is the opportunity for investors.
Hopefully that's damn true  Grin. I'm agree with you if the market will recover when big investors return to the market. And I think now is best time for invest because the market is going to be normal again (once again just my speculation). Just think if yesterday is a big discount  Roll Eyes
Branko

Activity: 2506
Merit: 319

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 10:16:02 AM

So, after all, nothing happened? Or market just slow reacting?
Maveth13

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 12:22:10 PM

Probably not. Market manipulation is harder than it sounds. CME limits what an entity/group/person can hold, which makes it almost unprofitable given the cost of manipulation.

On the other hand, this futures expiration dip is more of a fud than an actual event. Price fluctuates too much not because of actual manipulation, but because people expects and are afraid of that manipulation.
leea-1334

Activity: 2282
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 12:26:56 PM

Probably not. Market manipulation is harder than it sounds. CME limits what an entity/group/person can hold, which makes it almost unprofitable given the cost of manipulation.

On the other hand, this futures expiration dip is more of a fud than an actual event. Price fluctuates too much not because of actual manipulation, but because people expects and are afraid of that manipulation.

See, nothing happened. As Maveth says, CME on its own cannot really do much, so this was nothing much to do with futures in the first place. As people keep reminding anyway, none of the contracts actually involve Bitcoin. It is just a bunch of people betting on whether the price goes up or down.

As yes, the actual event does not cause price fluctuations, rather people react in anticipation of news, and events. They either panic and sell out of fear and uncertainty, or buy in the fear of missing out, this is the herd mentality famous in trading.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
harri74

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 12:31:28 PM

See, nothing happened. As Maveth says, CME on its own cannot really do much, so this was nothing much to do with futures in the first place. As people keep reminding anyway, none of the contracts actually involve Bitcoin. It is just a bunch of people betting on whether the price goes up or down.

As yes, the actual event does not cause price fluctuations, rather people react in anticipation of news, and events. They either panic and sell out of fear and uncertainty, or buy in the fear of missing out, this is the herd mentality famous in trading.

The way I see it is that the inflating price of BTC we witnessed towards the end of November and throughout December could have been big business/governments buying up lots of BTC. Then in order to manipulate the price downwards to ensure the Futures contracts executed successfully, many of these BTC are sold. This would explain the fact that $50bn falls off the market in less than 1 hour around a week ago...
muhdatha

Activity: 168
Merit: 11

Betrium 🎾 Worldwide Betting Exchange

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 10:20:45 PM

The way I see it is that the inflating price of BTC we witnessed towards the end of November and throughout December could have been big business/governments buying up lots of BTC. Then in order to manipulate the price downwards to ensure the Futures contracts executed successfully, many of these BTC are sold. This would explain the fact that $50bn falls off the market in less than 1 hour around a week ago...
And same time US Government sold last part of confiscated SilkWay's Bitcoins Smiley
Please remember that market's 'bears' want their piece of Bitcoins pie too.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: