Bitcoin Forum
August 16, 2018, 07:27:43 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.16.2  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is useless  (Read 3144 times)
wolfgang56

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

Decentralized Transportation Solution

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 03:49:53 AM

I am amazed with number of people being fooled with BTC:

1. Transactions takes hours
2. Fees are high
3. Development team sucks, uncapable solve scalability issues for years
4. Its not anonymous, every solution to make it, failed so far
5. Its centralized: who is biggest hash power owner? Who is biggest miner hardware provider? Who owns most of bitcoins? What is % of Bitcoins in coldstorage and what in exchanges ( Ye Mt Gox )
6. There is 0 economics for BTC, it just tight to USD with liquidity providers, cut that and try to value pizza box with just BTC
7. Its not store of value, its not digital gold, and it will never be 100k USD. Because it has no value. It has value only for energy probiders, hardware manufactures and random phils.
8. Its not insured, If some crap happened to your BTC, its gone.
9. Bitcoin has a limited supply, but it does not help much. Bitcoin has a code that can be amended and its enough of small group of people to work together to support that. Question really is: do someone need that hassle? No really. Bitcoin has satoshis, that currently meaningless and just nice numbers after dot, but this a very well painless way to inflate any crypto currency and its up to liquidity providers. Again it falls to point #5 and #6. Added on 24/01/2018

Such crap will never be used in payments, noone wants to support Terrabytes or Petabytes of data.

Its funny to observe how uneducated shills trying to make casual office landline phone to look smart phone.

BTC is scam of the century, stay away.

It is so funny that you are still here yet you believe than bitcoin is a scam. How can you believe on something that gives you some benefits like earning for living. Maybe for you it didn't work but for us who earned from bitcoin and by doing this I don't really see the point of being "scam" as what you've said.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
noriksiayol

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 04:33:34 AM

Bitcoin is not actually a useless, despite of the negative issues that found in bitcoin but still bitcoin strongly stand with good contribution to people and economic development. We are free to share different opinion and different ideas that fit to the situation of bitcoin business. Being a new member, I am totally learn bitcoin situation as what my friends telling me about bitcoin, that's why I am starting to view about bitcoin business.

▬▬▬▬ ViValid.io  |  every item has a story
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ PRE SALE 14th May 2018
fishball

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 05:03:25 AM

I am amazed with number of people being fooled with BTC:

1. Transactions takes hours
2. Fees are high
3. Development team sucks, uncapable solve scalability issues for years
4. Its not anonymous, every solution to make it, failed so far
5. Its centralized: who is biggest hash power owner? Who is biggest miner hardware provider? Who owns most of bitcoins? What is % of Bitcoins in coldstorage and what in exchanges ( Ye Mt Gox )
6. There is 0 economics for BTC, it just tight to USD with liquidity providers, cut that and try to value pizza box with just BTC
7. Its not store of value, its not digital gold, and it will never be 100k USD. Because it has no value. It has value only for energy probiders, hardware manufactures and random phils.
8. Its not insured, If some crap happened to your BTC, its gone.
9. Bitcoin has a limited supply, but it does not help much. Bitcoin has a code that can be amended and its enough of small group of people to work together to support that. Question really is: do someone need that hassle? No really. Bitcoin has satoshis, that currently meaningless and just nice numbers after dot, but this a very well painless way to inflate any crypto currency and its up to liquidity providers. Again it falls to point #5 and #6. Added on 24/01/2018

Such crap will never be used in payments, noone wants to support Terrabytes or Petabytes of data.

Its funny to observe how uneducated shills trying to make casual office landline phone to look smart phone.

BTC is scam of the century, stay away.

UPDATE 12/02/2018:

As this forum full of bots, I will emphasize one question from the user:

Ok, for all of you that insist that Bitcoin is not useless, tell me!

What do you use Bitcoin for?

Please don't tell me what it could be used for or how other people might use it. I want to know how you use it. Also, please don't tell me about trading or hodling. Those are not uses.

Hope to get constructive answers.

UPDATE 11/02/2018:

One by one, it becomes recognizable that Bitcoin at this stage is very useless. DarkNet, is the one who started one, and the one who will make a dump: https://cointelegraph.com/news/is-darknet-done-with-bitcoin

This is a very worried signal

UPDATE 30/01/2018:

Bitcointalk, and many other crypto related forums are heavily manipulated by bots, the amount of useless posts and conversation is just crazy. Even look at this thread, so much messages about "it will make me reach", "it growing", "I am going to be wealthy" so much manipulation, only in ponzi game this possible. It proves just on how bitcoin is useless, because 90% of people just copy paste message from bots, even not knowing basic fundamentals.

UPDATE 29/01/2018:
Few points were made here that are unfair:

1. Bitcoin is a first one, its revolutionary and so on and so forth, wrong, Bitcoin is a client that is build on top of practices that were developed and test long time before Bitcoin e.g. Proof of Work, Hashcash, eCash, bit gold, Merkle Tree, Peer-to-Peer,Byzantine fault tolerance etc.

2. Bitcoin is still in development and it needs a time and so on and so forth, really? its a 10 years old technology. Its usage is very easy predictable, no rocket science here. Scailibility problems were addressed long time ago. But like in every corrupted government, Bitcoin has biased devs, greedy miners and exchanges driven by capitalists. Why to care about tech? When everyone is just become wealthy on nothing. This is why its scam and this is how it become useless, because everyone only cares about price, not utility on day-to-day basis. Typical ponzi game.

3. Bitcoin is store of value, fake as is. Everything that has Blockchain underneath is store of value, Bitcoin is neither exception nor unique here. And again it has no value, because there is no utility. Remove exchanges from equation, and tell me how much BTC will be worth 1 pizza?

UPDATE 24/01/2018:

Everyone is amazed of why I called it useless, well, recently Stripe dropped support for Bitcoin payments. This is the prove of Bitcoin being useless. Stripe was not the only one in recent months to do so. It should ring a bell.

UPDATE 23/01/2018:

useless, guys the fact that some of you become reach and wealthy does not make Bitcoin useful. You wealth does not come from values that are used in propaganda.

1. Why I am still here? I believe there are technologies that are better maintained and lead than BTC, I prefer put money in something that bring value, has use-case and been used.
2. LN is panacea! Well not, so far its more dream than reality, no doubt it will be delivered in one or other way, but it will not solve all problems and so far it has more questions than answers.

This shouldn't be a topic here. Well since most of the bitcoiners ignore this due to the fact that bitcoin has already helped numerous people around the world. Taking risks is part of our lives, making us better and wiser! GODBLESS YOU AND BITCOIN OF COURSE.

amzadabir

Activity: 112

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 06:20:27 AM

Bitcoin is not available directly from the money. The recent growth in the price of betacan is a good news for many Bitcoin investors, but it will be considered as a death penalty for the effective quality of Bitcoin. As the price continues to reach new record levels, it becomes obvious that Bitcoin is meaningless for anything other than speculation.

Back to Satoshi Nakamoto's original white paper, Bitcoin is presented as "a peer-to-peer electronic cash system", from an "electronic coin" fraud that will be controlled by the financial space that replaces the transfer of money, and which will be almost antidote.
vsyc

Activity: 476
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 07:10:59 PM

So, can I get real opinion, not bots?
GamingBro

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 07:40:39 PM

Bitcoins is not that useless. Everything you counted before is just a payment for decentralized and almost full guarded cryptocurrency with highest price nowadays.

Wenmanong

Activity: 124

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 09:41:33 PM

We do respect your opinion. But for us bitcoin is a big help to us because we earn a lot of money on it. For me to have work and I'm in bitcoin I save a lot of money so bitcoin is useful.

center]http://SPORTSFIX.io
●   BE A GAME CHANGER   ●

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬[/center]
whyrqa

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

“The P2P Marketplace For Digital Content”

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 11:05:53 PM

We do respect your opinion. But for us bitcoin is a big help to us because we earn a lot of money on it. For me to have work and I'm in bitcoin I save a lot of money so bitcoin is useful.
if you earn Bitcoin and still work on another job, then why are you saving? At least I understand that bitcoin gives good income and opportunity without saving.

Alijiindahaus

Activity: 196

The OEL Blockchain Ecosystem for Supply Chains

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 12:07:34 AM

if you earn Bitcoin and still work on another job, then why are you saving? At least I understand that bitcoin gives good income and opportunity without saving.
You can earn with the help of other coins and do not take risks in vain because of the price of bitcoin. This gold rush will soon end.

Cryptomagnus

Activity: 160
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 03:40:38 PM
Merited by Jet Cash (1), Semosuchi Tesongrato (1)

Any technology at its beginnings had a lot of bad issues; if people had let themselves be discouraged we would have nothing of what we have now.
So, the secret is simply to try to solve this issues one by one. That's all.

BobsRepair.com  /  Powered by S T E E M
▐|       JOIN TOKENSALE | Apr 4th       |▌
shuvo999

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 04:47:25 AM

Any technology at its beginnings had a lot of bad issues; if people had let themselves be discouraged we would have nothing of what we have now.
So, the secret is simply to try to solve this issues one by one. That's all.
Thank god! There is someone who understands that bitcoin is a revolutionary technology and it demands time and patience to bloom at peak. Obviously there are certain problems faced by people for using it but we should be determined to solve them rather than becoming pessimistic.
loraalbert

Activity: 182

❱❱ IMMVRSE | Disrupting the VR Indu

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 05:21:16 AM

Simply save to reserve more funds. Waiting for market volatility and continue to buy. Everyone has the right to invest more. It's like I'm investing a little bit of ETH and ripple and joining the signature campaign. Savings to accumulate investment is a good thing.

●  ❱❱  IMMVRSE | Disrupting the VR Industry  ❱❱  ●
Proud Sponsor of Blockchain 360 at London Tech Week
meshow1

Activity: 84

Global Risk Exchange - gref.io

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 05:26:01 AM

I respect your point of view when it comes to bitcoin. It wasn't entirely useless if a lot of people are benefiting from it. A lot of people get rich because of bitcoin and I think it is quite rude to say it was useless.
I dont think that bitcoin is useless because it helps a lot in reducing unemployment and i cant contradic those views of some people that thinks bitcoin is a useless but for me either its benefit will help people.

▐▐ █     GRE   ≣   GLOBAL RISK EXCHANGE     █ ▌▌
━━━━━━━  ((     WWW.GREF.IO     ))  ━━━━━━━
sam53

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 11:21:05 PM

Without saving is your issue, to be honest, everyone should to have an amount for saving. In any field, even you have huge money, you always have a amount for saving to help you have money for urgent case. Especially the predict the price of cryptocurrency is very difficult, you can not know exact time you have money for urgent case when you are losing money in trading.

ARAW
The Decentralised 
Payment
for E-Commerce Ecosystem
███████████████████████████
██████████████▀▀▀▀▀████████
████████████░░░░░░░████████
███████████░░░░▄███████████
███████████░░░░████████████
████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████
████████▄▄▄░░░░▄▄▄█████████
███████████▄▄▄▄████████████
█████░████████▀░░░░▀▀▄█████
█████░░▀▀████░░░░░░░░▄█████
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████
█████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░▄█████████
████▄▀░░░░░░░░▄▄███████████
████▀░░▀███████████████████
████▄░░▄███████████████████
████░░░░██░░░░▀░░░░░░▀█████
████░░░░██░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀████
████░░░░██░░░░█████░░░░████
burakdat

Activity: 210
Merit: 2

Ethereum Limited Edition ICO

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 11:29:13 PM

If you think so that bitcoin is useless then why are you still in this forum. Many of us here believe that bitcoin is an investment just have a smart trading and holding then you willl be able to double your money in just a matter of time. It is not useless and it gives more opportunity to those who are dreaming to grow status of one's life with an easy way of achieving it. There is no way you could belittle us or put down our opinion because we have different point of view in life. Maybe you see it like bitcoin is useless but for us it is valuable and hopefully it will be able us to gain more. So if you think that please pm me and give me your account and password. Lol

[ JOIN OUR CROWDSALE    │    PRESALE ]
( E T H L )  ETHEREUM LIMITED
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1105

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 02:28:32 AM

... Many of us here believe that bitcoin is an investment just have a smart trading and holding then you willl be able to double your money in just a matter of time. It is not useless and it gives more opportunity to those who are dreaming to grow status of one's life with an easy way of achieving it. ...

Investment is not use. It is the opposite of use, in fact. When you invest, you don't use your bitcoins for a long time and then you sell them.

If you think bitcoins are useful, then tell me how you use them.

I dont think that bitcoin is useless because it helps a lot in reducing unemployment and i cant contradic those views of some people that thinks bitcoin is a useless but for me either its benefit will help people.

I am skeptical. Can you please point me to your source that shows that Bitcoin reduces unemployment?

Buy bitcoins with cash from somebody near you: LocalBitcoins
Buy stuff on Amazon at a discount with bitcoins: Purse.io
Join an anti-signature campaign: DannyHamilton's ignore list
Markpet01

Activity: 129

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 02:36:00 AM

i don't think so because bitcoin helps people that have financial problems and people that have no jobs.

❗ SWACE.IO - User-brand interaction becomes an adventure ❗
✮✮✮✮✮ Swace Pre-ICO ❯ March 14th, 2018 ❮ ✮✮✮✮ (https://swace.io/)
Ondongeric18

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 02:52:25 AM

Anything is useless when not used. As I can see in your point of view it doesn't sound anything better. And that is just what bitcoins need to attend to for its improvement. Unsatisfied customers always have the right to call for a better service. Others think the opposite and are satisfied, I think they don't have problems yet. So if you have these problems, it's good that the idea was raised as of this point in time for them to be able to improve what you think wasn't just right.

▐ ██████ ▌》    SONDER.VISION       《▐ ██████ ▌
HIGH-SECURE PAYMENT ALGORITHM FOR E-COMMERCE
pankowri

Activity: 262

ICOForums.net - A Cryptocurrency & ICO Forum

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 03:38:06 AM

Btc can never be useless in my opinion.Those who don't like Btc,many have been away from it.Nobody if forced and it's not necessary to work on it for all.According to my view,Btc eliminates unemployment,helps to create jobs for many people,makes investment more profitable.My suggestion for those who said Btc is useless,research first then comment.

Activity Contest  \_____◢  ICO Forums  ◣____/  Promotion Contest
New Forum for Cryptocurrency Discussion
ICO Review Contest  / ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ◥  ANN Thread  ◤ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ \  Signature Campaign
DziugasB

Activity: 85

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2018, 03:42:22 AM

Bitcoin transaction now costs only $0.11 and its only 30% of segwit adoption. And it is still in early stages.

● Marginless (https://www.marginless.io) ● Telegram (https://t.me/Marginless)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.