Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:35:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: HitBTC is a Joke! Next level of scamming!  (Read 125 times)
chiggz (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 02:54:39 PM

Recently I got 100 tokens (UTT) from the Signature campaign and was excited to get it unloaded as I needed some ETH. Since the token is only listed in HitBTC I went to deposit the coins there. And Bahm! A deposit fee of 40 UTT. Are you F***ing kidding me. The token is worth $1 and was $2 few days ago. Why should anyone pay for deposit by the way? And $40? Are some bunch of imbecile kids running this exchange?

Anyone knows any workaround for this?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 6099

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 03:12:55 PM

There are no fees to deposit as their support page shows and If that was the case, they should've stated it before you deposit clearly. It's possible that your coins went missing due to a technical issue.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Winstar78

Activity: 365
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 09:20:20 PM

There are no fees to deposit as their support page shows and If that was the case, they should've stated it before you deposit clearly. It's possible that your coins went missing due to a technical issue.

today I wanted to deposit some CND coins, but then I have seen the DEPOSIT FEE was 511 CND that's worth $143

I think they want to close their business very fast.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 10:28:08 PM

today I wanted to deposit some CND coins, but then I have seen the DEPOSIT FEE was 511 CND that's worth $143

I think they want to close their business very fast.

There have been a lot people complain about this, and it's not just from today or yesterday.

https://forum.hitbtc.com/discussion/8136/deposit-fees-on-hitbtc-are-ridiculous

https://forum.hitbtc.com/discussion/9108/absurd-deposit-fee-by-hitbtc

According to this article, HitBtc has started with charging people deposit fees, which is absolutely ridiculous. It however states that it targets Bitcoin, but a lot people complain about altcoin deposit fees as well, so this might be them having further capitalized on this whole deposit fee situation. Exchanges, once you deposit funds, move the funds from one to another address, and that plenty of times with just one user deposit, so it looks like they will now force people to pay for this. I find this to be unacceptable, and would probably leave an exchange because of this.
jhenfelipe

Activity: 1372
Merit: 647

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 11:54:04 PM

Their Fees and limits' article is outdated and HitBTC should fix that because it will mislead users. They posted a blog about it "Introducing Deposit Fees on HitBTC", but not all users are aware of that. This is no joke, if you deposit less than or equal to the fee, expect it to be a donation to HitBTC. Considering the issues circulating now (deposit, withdrawal, support, fees), leaving the exchange is a good option.
jdragon

Activity: 109
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:29:35 AM

Dont go any where near HitBTC... they scam on deposit.

Coin will be stuck with them ... cannot withdrawal as well.

Make sure you visit their support site before deposit or trading on this exchange
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:10:33 AM

Recently I got 100 tokens (UTT) from the Signature campaign and was excited to get it unloaded as I needed some ETH. Since the token is only listed in HitBTC I went to deposit the coins there. And Bahm! A deposit fee of 40 UTT. Are you F***ing kidding me. The token is worth $1 and was $2 few days ago. Why should anyone pay for deposit by the way? And $40? Are some bunch of imbecile kids running this exchange?

Anyone knows any workaround for this?

What exchanges can you use other than use Hitbtc? Hitbtc is the only active exchange that lists this token right now, so you just have to deal with them if you want to sell reliably and quickly. You could always contact their support to talk about lowering the deposit fees. I have no idea why they have the deposit fee at 40 UTT in the first place, it's quite honestly ridiculous. It's 8x the deposit fees that localbitcoins and bitfinex are charging.

You can either trade p2p, with another guy who coincidentally wants these tokens, or store these tokens until you have a stash of them before selling them on Hitbtc. Both of which will expose you to risks and inconveniences.

But at least, your HitBTC account hasn't been hacked or deposits been held up, because this is what HitBTC customers have grown accustomed to.
CryptoBry

Activity: 1008
Merit: 355

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:21:04 AM

Dont go any where near HitBTC... they scam on deposit.

Coin will be stuck with them ... cannot withdrawal as well.

Make sure you visit their support site before deposit or trading on this exchange

Wow! I have this same problem right now. I send 260 Starbase (STAR) tokens which I received from my bounty work and it is already more than 5 days the transaction is still zero in my HitBTC account. This is really discouraging because I understand the HitBTC is now one of the top exchanges we have. This site has to improve its service because this transfer thing is very basic. Hope someone is listening from the HitBTC side for problems like this.
jdragon

Activity: 109
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:27:02 AM

I post just in hope no one else deposit into their exchange.

Until they fix current issue with all the current victims.

Winstar78

Activity: 365
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 11:12:55 AM

I am waiting a TRX deposit (with 600+ TRX deposit fee...) since 6 days ago.
many many users are waiting for TRX deposits.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: