Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic:    (Read 13743 times)
likehiro

Activity: 427
Merit: 511

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 07:49:55 AM

Here my first try! I'm totally crowded of work this week and finally found some time to submit something today, hope you like it.
I have made a design according to the actual web design tendency, with a minimalistic morphology. My original idea behind this logo is to keep some of the friendly essence of your website design and to show with the typography how your project helps your customers to be heard for the people (thinking about publishing articles and advertising), and it's shown in the "BBR" part of the logo where the first B helps the second one an the R to reach the height of the other letters, and in the isotype it's synthesized in just the 2 "B" (which are very representative in this design). This explanation is what I had in mind when designing, and I think it can represent perfectly your project (at least what I had understood about it and what I've seen in the web). Hope you understand my explanation, I'm not native english talker Sad
I'll try to find some time over my week to submit something, but I think it will be a bit hard this one.

Hope you like it!

Please, follow our studio page on instagram   Hard Fork Studio 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
likehiro

Activity: 427
Merit: 511

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 08:02:03 AM

Musicians have to audition, right?  They're giving you their work for free.

Artists live and work in a different realm than a lot of people.

LOL, graphic design is not an artistic work, why everybody thinks it is? Every graphic designer had learned in his first 2 months of study that his work is not related with the art; it's related with the use of your brain, study the communication process in each work and investigate all about your customer so you can think like him and communicate like he wants... the art is related with feelings, ideologies, show determinate landscape with an specific pictorial style, but never about direct communication. When the communication appeared in the art (for example in the Russian Constructivism, with the posters made by artists), there was born the graphic design in its first steps.

Hope some people learn something about the graphic design before start a (real) discussion.

Please, follow our studio page on instagram   Hard Fork Studio 
Cyberdyne

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 08:43:56 AM

So many offtopic replies, so little moderation...
0nlyBTC

Activity: 289
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 09:03:52 AM
Last edit: September 07, 2013, 10:07:00 AM by 0nlyBTC

This is my post portfolio with a diverse set of logos to satisfy your logo request. Have a look and study diligently for your full considerations. I have spent hours to concept a logo design as per your request carefully. Thanks in advance for your serious consideration and final decision. Wink As always I will continue to add more logo designs until the deadline is meant. So keep checking in  Smiley

Heres my input. Simple modern flibbr logo with white background. The arrow represents speed and promptness. Then inverted spirals represent simplicity and transparency.

*New: For the newly added, I completely redesigned these logos from scratch and added a few more items for symbolism. The "double arrow" design (#3) again means transparency and promptness. (#3)Along with a touch of green to match your website flibber.com two tone presentation. (3.5) has a touch of orange for bitcoin symbolic element. Completely new addition #4 has a typewriter theme represents percision with a symbolic orange letter "r' for Bitcoin.

#1 #2 *NEWLY ADDED-> #3 #3.5 w/orange for Bitcoin -> #4

INtroduction into the modern cloud with Flibbr inside. Accompany with a two tone green to complement your website design. A subtitle slogan underneath the website name. The cloud is recognized icon throughout the internet, and is associated with "ease of use", "practical", and "productivity." With the cloud design, you brand will "stand out", be recognizable and unique. The cloud is also much much more softer to the eyes which seems more trusting and reliable. the cloud design has a high probability of being remembered by new users.  

#1  #2 #3

Here a modern icon "app" looking logo for your website. By the way the trademark is for show (not real)  Wink An attempt web 2.0 logo(s) with the classic look of round corners/font as you requested. These logos are meant to establish a brand & in a sense it will be your identity in the future of cryptocurrency market.

New added: For the completely redesigned "fbr" icon (#3), I have added more functionally from the previous fbr icon (#1). As for the circle design logo, I was aiming for your request for "roundness", "picture worth 1000 words" symbology and minimalistic logo design for (#4). #4 also adds the golden angle for bitcoin and doubles as a icon. I hope you like the new content aimed to fit your website goals and purpose.  

#1  #2 *NEWLY ADDED-> #3 #4

Here a eye friendly geometry green and blue combination to complement the green coloration in your website. Again the logo is maintaining minimalist design. With this design I hoped to venture from your original request, a tad bit for more diversity and open possibilities.  

Here a sample of simple blue bubbles with upbeat font for your website logo. The other logo has stripes accompany with curvature. Here an attempt of sharp speech bubble for #3 (with sharp corners) and paper airplane which represents productivity and the modern webby 2.0 feeling. #3 was n attempt to explore another aspect of the web 2.0 culture and philosophy with sharp corners.  

#1 #2 *NEWLY ADDED-> #3

jantenner81

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

CIYAM - UI/UX design

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2013, 09:21:47 AM

So many offtopic replies, so little moderation...

+1

AT - Automated Transactions
CIYAM | Developer
Operatr

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2013, 10:02:00 AM
Last edit: August 28, 2013, 11:41:27 AM by Operatr

Here is my take with your design goals in mind -

Musicians have to audition, right?  They're giving you their work for free.

Artists live and work in a different realm than a lot of people.

LOL, graphic design is not an artistic work, why everybody thinks it is? Every graphic designer had learned in his first 2 months of study that his work is not related with the art; it's related with the use of your brain, study the communication process in each work and investigate all about your customer so you can think like him and communicate like he wants... the art is related with feelings, ideologies, show determinate landscape with an specific pictorial style, but never about direct communication. When the communication appeared in the art (for example in the Russian Constructivism, with the posters made by artists), there was born the graphic design in its first steps.

Hope some people learn something about the graphic design before start a (real) discussion.

Stop threadjacking

bigbeninlondon

Activity: 742

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 10:46:17 AM

This is exactly the kind of ignorance and bias people have to justify this type of practice. Oooo its just coloring a little picture! A child could do it! Do you even realize how demeaning and disrespectful you sound? The whole of the work done to construct properly designed branding is not simply the final image you see but the research and composition time spent to get to the final arrangement. You can't quantify the total of the work done by looking at the single image.

He's not asking for an entire branding package.  He asked for a logo.  The whole entire contest is for one logo, not an entire site worth of branding.  If that was the case, that'd be different.  So you are getting worked up over an imagined slight.

It's value is NOT subjective. If it was it would just be called ART not DESIGN. Design entails functional and targeted construction of something original, not just "coloring a pretty picture".

All he asked for was a picture.  He didn't ask for an entire page.  And even if he did, Design still is closely related to art.  I may hate a very well organized design.  It's SUBJECTIVE in that it can appeal to some and not others.  You can't compare this to objective "It Works or It doesn't" jobs like plumbing or coding.

Show me where I used the words "free market" please. You are arguing with yourself.

What are you talking about?  You had a whole montage about market forces.  If you are not talking about free markets, what kind of market are you talking about?  In what market would stabbing someone just be seen as a market force and not simply force?  You're fucking retarded.
bigbeninlondon

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 10:51:03 AM

This is exactly the kind of ignorance and bias people have to justify this type of practice. Oooo its just coloring a little picture! A child could do it! Do you even realize how demeaning and disrespectful you sound? The whole of the work done to construct properly designed branding is not simply the final image you see but the research and composition time spent to get to the final arrangement. You can't quantify the total of the work done by looking at the single image.

iam complete with you!? But some people here don't want to know this... the design process of a logo is smallest part on corporate design act. Resarch und concept comes first ... as i said ... here in forum aren't much professional designers ... most of them are hobby "pictures makers" thats why peeple don#t evene think thats a difficult job ...

Designing one logo is not a difficult job.  Putting an entire site worth of logos, color schemes, visual effects and backgrounds is a much more difficult job.  It's still subjective though.

When  entered design contest ... its not the money point ... its my passion .. so i must/want design every day ... and i need input and ideas and do this kind of jobs for reference ( BUT STUP GUYS DON'T PM ME YOU NEED A LOGO FOR NOTHING Smiley).  But iam completly with you ... for example - here in germany - if you go to an prof. design agency iam working for/with, a corporate design starts at 20-30 BTC (Just logo with fonts).

It's your passion; precisely.  Designing is artistic in nature.  It may not be fully artistic, as there is communication involved and coordination.  But it's still subjective.

Cause when you want a professional corporate design you get an complete concept, the designer have to  view all disciplines like:

- Logo work
- Logo fits  on  ( placats, apps, business cards, is it adaptable for other future works etc.)
- Style guide ( when you must use which colors - brand colors and much more - font sizes for example on header title and so on)

But most people here loooking for a "nice colored picture" !
Hope you could understand the meaning, iam learning english every day Smiley

You are right of course.  But OP is looking for people like you, who enjoy design, who have extra time on their hands to give it a shot.  I think the anger this thread has generated in some is unwarranted.
ibminer
Legendary

Activity: 1814
Merit: 2717

Goonies never say die.

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2013, 11:46:11 AM

The anger appears to come from professionals who have spent time getting 'trained' on things that people can now learn on youtube or other internet-based resources... and have resorted to pointing out issues that only 'trained' professionals would notice, which is not what the OP is looking for. There is still a place for the 'highly trained' professionals, just not sure it is on a bitcoin forum.

A lot of professions are also going through the same aggravation. It is a different world  Wink

But in the end, I have withdrew my submissions because I obviously didn't realize the OP was actually looking for a fancy word with different fonts, or I would have devoted more time towards this... but I cannot devote any more time - its just not worth it.

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2013, 12:00:03 PM

I think the anger this thread has generated in some is unwarranted.

Take responsibility for your dismissive and denigrating words, "this thread" didn't generate anger, you did. You insult anyone who considers them self a designer, and ignorantly assume it is an easy job not worthy of compensation. Additionally those that do practice it are rightfully exploited as lesser forms of laborers. This is what generates anger.

It is not that difficult to review design samples and PICK A SINGLE DESIGNER TO CONTRACT WITH. Making dozens of people waste their time so you don't have to review samples and make a choice is not only extremely lazy but is exploitative, divisive, and destructive to the overall community here, as well as anyone who calls themselves a graphic designer. I assure you it will harm your reputation more than it is worth, and eventually no one will deal with you if this is regular practice. Side note: This is also how voluntarism is practiced, via rightful exclusion from the community as a result of abuse of it.
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 2197

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2013, 12:07:03 PM

Get out. Both of you. Stop threadjacking.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
bigbeninlondon

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 01:54:15 PM

I think the anger this thread has generated in some is unwarranted.

Take responsibility for your dismissive and denigrating words, "this thread" didn't generate anger, you did.

You were pissy before I even showed up.

You insult anyone who considers them self a designer, and ignorantly assume it is an easy job not worthy of compensation. Additionally those that do practice it are rightfully exploited as lesser forms of laborers. This is what generates anger.

First, I don't insult designers.  I point out that some people overvalue their work.

It is not that difficult to review design samples and PICK A SINGLE DESIGNER TO CONTRACT WITH.
Agreed.  But that is not what OP wanted.  So he did something different.  Get over it.

Making dozens of people waste their time so you don't have to review samples and make a choice is not only extremely lazy but is exploitative, divisive, and destructive to the overall community here, as well as anyone who calls themselves a graphic designer.

You can't exploit people who are entering into a voluntary association, with complete information.  OP didn't lie to anyone.

I assure you it will harm your reputation more than it is worth, and eventually no one will deal with you if this is regular practice.

If that's the case then so be it.

Side note: This is also how voluntarism is practiced, via rightful exclusion from the community as a result of abuse of it.

Again, so be it.
bigbeninlondon

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 01:54:59 PM

Get out. Both of you. Stop threadjacking.

Done;  my last post will be my final words on the matter.  TECHSHARE can participate or not, which is his prerogative.
0nlyBTC

Activity: 289

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 05:01:56 AM
Last edit: August 30, 2013, 01:49:29 AM by 0nlyBTC

All the logos are looking good. Competition is fierce! 
theDF

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 09:23:31 AM

Here is my simple design

DESIGN-001
https://i.imgur.com/6c7rvI1s.jpg

DESIGN-002
https://i.imgur.com/wInkn3Ss.jpg

DESIGN-003
https://i.imgur.com/xdF8nlms.jpg

DESIGN-004
https://i.imgur.com/D2ugaK6s.jpg

DESIGN-005
https://i.imgur.com/LX9z3XUs.jpg

DESIGN-006
https://i.imgur.com/2wDIZPus.jpg

DESIGN-007
https://i.imgur.com/wSitTlls.jpg

DESIGN-008
https://i.imgur.com/Vy9O0Pks.jpg

DESIGN-009
https://i.imgur.com/t4Hj7tas.jpg

DESIGN-010
https://i.imgur.com/t2gy91Ns.jpg

Thanks.
grums

Activity: 223

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 05:53:09 PM
Last edit: August 31, 2013, 04:35:28 PM by grums

Here is my entry. Tried to keep it simple.

I also created a 3D Rotating version of the Logo.

Updated with a quick animation just to give you an idea, but this can be animated/rendered/coloured in any method you like. I wasnt sure on the slogan, but it can be changed/removed etc to what you prefer if you like.

Donations : BTC : 13Niw9YieHnEiuVxaVsFEAv4Hsomrs711u
                  LTC : LYaFDMTK5xSohBdBxbidqH9skzNAWFawhD
BitcoinLady

Activity: 374

Prima Inter Pares

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2013, 05:55:36 PM
Last edit: August 31, 2013, 11:13:34 AM by BitcoinLady

This is our idea of your logo, of course we used golden ratio in it.
Barbara and Mark Messer

Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2013, 08:28:03 PM

So OP, who is it going to be?

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
jantenner81

Activity: 228

CIYAM - UI/UX design

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2013, 08:39:03 PM

Hi Bitcoiners,

*Edit 28-08-2013*
Competition Ending Sunday 8th September 11:59pm
This will mean people will have had up to 2 weeks to see this post and submit and entry.
Once this date has passed I will then choose my favourite design and contact the winner to make payment.

*End Edit*

AT - Automated Transactions
CIYAM | Developer
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2013, 08:39:45 PM

Hi Bitcoiners,

*Edit 28-08-2013*
Competition Ending Sunday 8th September 11:59pm
This will mean people will have had up to 2 weeks to see this post and submit and entry.
Once this date has passed I will then choose my favourite design and contact the winner to make payment.

*End Edit*

Whoops, my bad!

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██