Bitcoin Forum
April 03, 2020, 10:41:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.19.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmain Antminer A3 earning $500 a day mining SIAcoin . .WHAT?! Results & Stats  (Read 11184 times)
VoskCoin
Copper Member

Activity: 1078
Merit: 441

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 12:04:01 AM
Last edit: February 12, 2018, 01:43:37 AM by VoskCoin
Merited by cashen (10), HagssFIN (5), OgNasty (1), Nivir (1)

Hey everyone I got my Bitmain Antminer A3 in. . surprisingly enough it has maintained an excellent rate of returns all day. Originally was looking like with a bit of a round up that it was on track to hit $500 a day however now it'll average out to about $400 over 24 hours.

UPDATE #2 Antminer A3 Review w/ Overclocking / Siacoin soft forking announcement / Estimated Antminer A3 sold / Current + Future Profits
https://youtu.be/WlWEc9CxpBg

UPDATE 24 hour profits w/ Bitmain Antminer A3 ($350/day)
https://youtu.be/aII0FfKsU5U

https://youtu.be/6ZFx35ilUwQ

If anyone is interested in my research and thoughts on the SIAcoin drama and thoughts on the softfork/hardfork/obelisk&bitmain asic here's my video on that

https://youtu.be/ADK6SUGfb6w

If you're interested in watching my miner hash you can view it here - https://goo.gl/S3o5Yz

Here's my SIA address . . if anyone's interested Cheesy
e6374ba7874a7c441d277320f99398a39999179dfa26932aa38291f18487b564d8953a17efa2

Siastats.info hashrate distribution / blocks found as of this post

Whattomine projected earnings at the time of this post

Antminer A3 emitting harmful / toxic levels of formaldehyde? Recent users expressed their concern so we testing our own!
https://youtu.be/c2fAXflLZwU

Check out my Crypto YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/VoskCoin
If you enjoy my content click Subscribe
Best Rates For Exchanging Cryptocurrency Buy Crypto With Credit Card Smooth Exchange Multiple E-Payment Systems Check Now Check Now
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nucurrency

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 12:33:48 AM

Thanks for sharing the info Vosk!

Should I pull the trigger on a A3 for 5.5k?
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 2233

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 12:37:16 AM

No this coin will be gutted by the A3  and crash and burn.

I see BTC as the super highway and alt coins as taxis and trucks needed to move transactions.
VoskCoin
Copper Member

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 12:40:57 AM

Absolutely man glad to share! I would not recommend that -  this is huge risk and while the earnings are great today, SIA is incredibly upset that Bitmain crashed their ASIC party and are contemplating "bricking" the A3s

VoskCoin
Copper Member

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 12:42:21 AM

No this coin will be gutted by the A3  and crash and burn.

Why do you think that? Litecoin and Dash made pretty big price moves within 0-2 months after the L3+ and D3 -- not arguing just want to start some discussion because logically I see SIA blowing up here. . in a bad way lol however crypto never seems to make sense and if that's the case the coin will moon? xD

dagarair

Activity: 818
Merit: 350

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 12:54:16 AM

Man Vosk i'm happy for ya bro, but yeah I would not buy any now.  You will bank but just like X11 the next batch peeps are fooked!

That coming from a PsYcO that just bought 7 Titans for fun rofl.

4MW Data Center - I BUILT Tongue  - Full story below:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4789787.msg43227027#msg43227027
Digital Drug Lord

Activity: 238
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 01:01:02 AM

so this is why my 1 1080ti cant get  1 coin in SIA
VoskCoin
Copper Member

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 01:01:40 AM

Man Vosk i'm happy for ya bro, but yeah I would not buy any now.  You will bank but just like X11 the next batch peeps are fooked!

Thanks brother, yeah I'm imagining that this is heading that direction and if so SIA will use that AMMO to brick the antminers and it will be a whole shit show

haha my man! keep me posted on the titans I wanted to do that but ruining my quality of life by getting some vega's xD

VoskCoin
Copper Member

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 01:02:05 AM

well to be fair, the baikalminers are also partially responsible xD lol

suchmeow

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 01:08:08 AM

Hey Vosk, I hang in your discord-- good stuff. I haven't had a chance to watch the video yet but will post again on here after I watch it. I did watch your live stream this morning end enjoyed that.

Do you still think that the value of SC will go up?-- this happened with the D3 miners. Within weeks of the D3 release, DASH went up. Perhaps this isn't the place for projections and I understand that, though I am curious what your thoughts are on the subject.

The other thought I had is if it's worth even keeping around and rather re-selling. I know I know, that's not any fun, and I wouldn't recommend anyone buy one on eBay, etc. But you know how quickly the D3 became a museum piece (arguably).

Overall I am very impressed (questionably) with Bitmain and how quickly they shipped these out after their announcement.
lunobird

Activity: 848
Merit: 114

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 01:08:28 AM

Yep can't wait till Sia forks.  Bitmain does whatever the hell they want for there own self interest without talking to the community , Sia should do whatever the hell they want also that's in their best interest without the need to discuss to the community.  , They should have just forked it before the A3 bricks arrived.
CryptoAli

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 01:09:03 AM

Vosk i heard that the antminer a3's be nothing worth in few days? What do you think about the fork? Do i sell my A3 or hold it ?
dagarair

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 01:09:10 AM

Thanks brother, yeah I'm imagining that this is heading that direction and if so SIA will use that AMMO to brick the antminers and it will be a whole shit show

haha my man! keep me posted on the titans I wanted to do that but ruining my quality of life by getting some vega's xD

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2812914.msg28784080#msg28784080

LOL keep tuned it's a fookin beast but just retarded expensive!   Tongue

dagarair

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 01:18:45 AM

Vosk i heard that the antminer a3's be nothing worth in few days? What do you think about the fork? Do i sell my A3 or hold it ?

I sold my Vegas x 7 because i got over 1K for them so if you bought for 2K and can get 5K for it or whatever, strongly consider it.  OR list it keep mining till it sells =P

VoskCoin
Copper Member

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 02:52:48 AM

all a gamble, safer bet is to sell it Cheesy I'm on the fence w/ what to do w/ mine

VoskCoin
Copper Member

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 02:54:13 AM

Yep can't wait till Sia forks.  Bitmain does whatever the hell they want for there own self interest without talking to the community , Sia should do whatever the hell they want also that's in their best interest without the need to discuss to the community.  , They should have just forked it before the A3 bricks arrived.
then they should brick their asic miners too?

if they are "decentralized" they cant just fork because bitmain crashed their party imo

VoskCoin
Copper Member

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 02:56:14 AM

Hey Vosk, I hang in your discord-- good stuff. I haven't had a chance to watch the video yet but will post again on here after I watch it. I did watch your live stream this morning end enjoyed that.

Do you still think that the value of SC will go up?-- this happened with the D3 miners. Within weeks of the D3 release, DASH went up. Perhaps this isn't the place for projections and I understand that, though I am curious what your thoughts are on the subject.

The other thought I had is if it's worth even keeping around and rather re-selling. I know I know, that's not any fun, and I wouldn't recommend anyone buy one on eBay, etc. But you know how quickly the D3 became a museum piece (arguably).

Overall I am very impressed (questionably) with Bitmain and how quickly they shipped these out after their announcement.
that's cool to hear Cheesy good to see you man and thanks for watching the livestream hopefully it was semi decent lol xD

its all speculation of course but with millions of dollars being thrown at bitmain hardware it would only make sense for siacoin to rise.

I agree the safer bet is definitely to sell and agreed all within one week. .  .obelisk is over here going on a year for their release kind of wild

lunobird

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 03:44:43 AM
Last edit: January 24, 2018, 04:09:04 AM by lunobird

if they are "decentralized" they cant just fork because bitmain crashed their party imo

Your point is valid on a zoomed in viewpoint. All miners should freely compete for coin to mine.

I would argue that in the bigger picture Sia is doing their job by breaking up centralized asic mining. So allowing their obelisk to stand a chance to enter asic competition, Sia forking is nessary to support more decentralized asic manufacturing and jobs right in the USA.

Decentralized miners don't mine on large pools. It's healthy to  break up the big pools

If your a true decentralized miner you should think about Supporting the fork. If your in it only for the cash. Keep on buying bitmain and support their toxic centralized asic ecosystem. I know I will and never proud of it. But they are the only game in town unfortunately.

Enjoy your $500 a day mining profits. You earned it and really supported hard working  Sia devs(cough bitmain). As for the Sc1 folks they will enjoy their bricks and what's left. The rich will get richer with centralized asic mining
jimmykl

Activity: 359
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 03:47:20 AM

Great stuff Vosk. Glad you are reaping some profits while the rest of the market is sorting itself out.

And gotta say I really enjoy your channel. Your recent visit with crazydane was interesting, an amazing setup with that solar. Keep it up man!
Metroid

Activity: 1176
Merit: 288

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 03:54:14 AM

One more gpu coin that was killed by asics, business as usual and trolls think gpu mining will be forever, keep dreaming while you can trolls hehe

I like what bitmain is doing though, it will teach the siacoin devs a lesson, they need a hard spank.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
tummymumma

Activity: 46

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 04:07:36 AM

that's cool to hear Cheesy good to see you man and thanks for watching the livestream hopefully it was semi decent lol xD

its all speculation of course but with millions of dollars being thrown at bitmain hardware it would only make sense for siacoin to rise.

I agree the safer bet is definitely to sell and agreed all within one week. .  .obelisk is over here going on a year for their release kind of wild

I don't think they can fork.  It would be a pretty petty move and a huge trust issue going forward.  So they brick the A3s, then what about the Halongs?  They get Bricked?  Its one thing if they had a patent on their coin, but the coin is open source..... ughhh.... 
jkbbbb

Activity: 3

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 04:19:30 AM

I had one in the cart but decided to hold off.... always second guessing myself... Smiley
rummy

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 04:33:25 AM

i raised the frequency to 625 from 600 and it raised the GH/S to 865 and only raised temp 5 degrees to 76 degrees
Marvell2

Activity: 910
Merit: 120

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 04:53:07 AM

i raised the frequency to 625 from 600 and it raised the GH/S to 865 and only raised temp 5 degrees to 76 degrees

this is a beastly miner , Lots of watts though at 1600 or so though
bitmain is smart , rather than waste time worring about efficency they just rolled out
a high hash rate miner to kill obelisk 😂😂😂
HelloNewYork

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 04:57:02 AM

Hi Guys, I got my A3 but don't know how to configure? I have connected mine to Luxor.tech

Location   Stratum   Claymore (Dual Mining)
US West   us-west.luxor.tech:3333   us-west.luxor.tech:7777
US East   us-east.luxor.tech:3333   us-east.luxor.tech:7777
Asia   asia.luxor.tech:3333

in 10 hours, i just mined 2400 coins. Am I missing anything?

Should I go to another exchange or stay with Luxor? If staying with Luxor, what should be the mining config? Please help
lunobird

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 05:13:22 AM

I don't think they can fork.  It would be a pretty petty move and a huge trust issue going forward.  So they brick the A3s, then what about the Halongs?  They get Bricked?  Its one thing if they had a patent on their coin, but the coin is open source..... ughhh.... 

The answer is yes because right now Sia Asic is non-existent at the moment,  Sia needs to use whatever they can in there power to launch an asic and be competitive enough to compete.  They spent lots of money on research with our members money and your damn right I expect to see results of them launching an obelisk.

If Sia doesn't launch a successful Obelisk they will quickly lose my trust.  The fork needs to happen.
Marvell2

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 05:27:43 AM

The answer is yes because right now Sia Asic is non-existent at the moment,  Sia needs to use whatever they can in there power to launch an asic and be competitive enough to compete.  They spent lots of money on research with our members money and your damn right I expect to see results of them launching an obelisk.

If Sia doesn't launch a successful Obelisk they will quickly lose my trust.  The fork needs to happen.
lol good luck with that, oblilisk was a gamble , any fool that preorders a machine with a one year lead time

deserves to be separated from his $$ lol.

Ever heard the saying ‘a fool and his money are soon parted’

I see alot of buthurt fools crying for a fork 😂😂
rummy

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 05:42:33 AM

you should be getting 350-400 siacoins an hour right now
lunobird

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 05:47:20 AM

I agree the safer bet is definitely to sell and agreed all within one week. .  .obelisk is over here going on a year for their release kind of wild

I don't think they can fork.  It would be a pretty petty move and a huge trust issue going forward.  So they brick the A3s, then what about the Halongs?  They get Bricked?  Its one thing if they had a patent on their coin, but the coin is open source..... ughhh....  

The answer is yes because right now Sia Asic is non-existent at the moment,  Sia needs to use whatever they can in there power to launch an asic and be competitive enough to compete.  They spent lots of money on research with our members money and your damn right I expect to see results of them launching an obelisk.

If Sia doesn't launch a successful Obelisk they will quickly lose my trust.  The fork needs to happen.
lol good luck with that, oblilisk was a gamble , any fool that preorders a machine with a one year lead time

You think the miners that ordered an obelisk SC1 preordered just to make money? Any potential profit was only icing for the cake.  The whole point of supporting was to support the Sia devs and their asic development in the USA,  even if we happen to lose money from the deal thats fine we can deal with it.

I'll support Sia Devs any day over Butmain.  At the end of the day we true decentralized miners are proud that we are not money grubber centralized bitmain buttlickers.

Even the government had to stop Tmobile from Merging with At&T to prevent too much centralization and no competition.  This is the same thing going on with Sia and Bitmain.

You A3 owners are lucky this time.  Buttmain didn't mine the hell out of A3 for months  before shipping the A3. They finally tossed you the bone to make up for D3 and to send a death threat to the Sia asic devs.  But dont' expect Buttmain to be as generous next time. 

Marvell2

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 06:02:22 AM

I agree the safer bet is definitely to sell and agreed all within one week. .  .obelisk is over here going on a year for their release kind of wild

I don't think they can fork.  It would be a pretty petty move and a huge trust issue going forward.  So they brick the A3s, then what about the Halongs?  They get Bricked?  Its one thing if they had a patent on their coin, but the coin is open source..... ughhh....  

The answer is yes because right now Sia Asic is non-existent at the moment,  Sia needs to use whatever they can in there power to launch an asic and be competitive enough to compete.  They spent lots of money on research with our members money and your damn right I expect to see results of them launching an obelisk.

If Sia doesn't launch a successful Obelisk they will quickly lose my trust.  The fork needs to happen.

You think the miners that ordered an obelisk SC1 preordered just to make money? Any potential profit was only icing for the cake.  The whole point of supporting was to support the Sia devs and their asic development in the USA,  even if we happen to lose money from the deal thats fine we can deal with it.

I'll support Sia Devs any day over Butmain.  At the end of the day we true decentralized miners are proud that we are not money grubber centralized bitmain buttlickers.

Even the government had to stop Tmobile from Merging with At&T to prevent too much centralization and no competition.  This is the same thing going on with Sia and Bitmain.

You A3 owners are lucky this time.  Buttmain didn't mine the hell out of A3 for months  before shipping the A3. They finally tossed you the bone to make up for D3 and to send a death threat to the Sia asic devs.  But dont' expect Buttmain to be as generous next time. 

enough with the self righteous drivel, Preorders have and always will be a HUGE risk
some here rember black arrow, alpha miners and bfl lol

You all were warned not to order any asic with such a long lead time

smh , you want some cheese with that wine?

The mining game is a risk , win some you lose some , sia coin devs are acting like
spoiled children taking thier toys and goin home.

Not even a prototype in six months and you fools gave them millions smh
lunobird

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 07:42:56 AM

You A3 owners are lucky this time.  Buttmain didn't mine the hell out of A3 for months  before shipping the A3. They finally tossed you the bone to make up for D3 and to send a death threat to the Sia asic devs.  But dont' expect Buttmain to be as generous next time.  

enough with the self righteous drivel, Preorders have and always will be a HUGE risk

The mining game is a risk , win some you lose some , sia coin devs are acting like

People like you is what will burn crypto. Chasing after profits and not supporting the devs and their goals. If you don't agree with them mine a different coin
Marvell2

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 07:47:24 AM

You A3 owners are lucky this time.  Buttmain didn't mine the hell out of A3 for months  before shipping the A3. They finally tossed you the bone to make up for D3 and to send a death threat to the Sia asic devs.  But dont' expect Buttmain to be as generous next time.  

People like you is what will burn crypto. Chasing after profits and not supporting the devs and their goals. If you don't agree with them mine a different coin
oh I'm gona mine the hell out of it with my A3 best believe that lol
The Demon Slick

Activity: 182

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 08:02:01 AM

my 2 580s are putting one sia an hour into my wallet, just waiting to see what happens (-dcoin, claymore dual miner). It would be ironic if the claymore secondary coin I chose ends up being the one that the price blows up. I didn't even know about the obelisk project when I picked it. 
dndssc

Activity: 266

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 08:10:29 AM

Anyone have a prediction about the total hashrate of siacoin when all asic will be released like dash today that have 2,5ph/s instead the 50th/s before asics?

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
monsterlowcarb1

Activity: 17

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 01:26:30 PM

YOu must look at bitmain site every 5 min because you seem like one of the first to get one mine has not even shipped yet
rummy

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 05:56:53 PM

you can sign up for twitter or get email alerts from Bitmain easier then checking Bitmains site
VoskCoin
Copper Member

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 07:31:15 PM
Last edit: January 24, 2018, 08:21:40 PM by VoskCoin

possible a3 brick testing? network wide dropping

adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1187

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 08:58:05 PM

Anyone checked

https://siamining.com/stats

Yikes. So far difficulty tripped in 1 day.

Looks like Bitmain was smart. They built these, privately tested them out for stability and then sold them to appear it looks like it was profitable.

Now people are getting them in the mail, powering them up and seeing the difficulty sky-rocket.

███████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
drawingthemoon

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 09:10:46 PM

It would be great if you provide us with daily updates about your profit over time. I am very curious how the earnings will change over the next few days. Many say that the course will break immediately, but I do not think so because the D3 was also very well for many weeks.

Am I spamming? Report me!
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 12:04:06 AM

Early adopter premium, enjoy it while the rest of the batch is getting delivered.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
VoskCoin
Copper Member

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 02:05:27 AM
Merited by Nivir (1)

toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:16:18 AM

No this coin will be gutted by the A3  and crash and burn.

Why do you think that? Litecoin and Dash made pretty big price moves within 0-2 months after the L3+ and D3 -- not arguing just want to start some discussion because logically I see SIA blowing up here. . in a bad way lol however crypto never seems to make sense and if that's the case the coin will moon? xD

why ? do you really need to ask why .....NO i 'm not being a smart ass either .. some have all ready said why in the post ...

I would sell them fast before the coins DEv blocks it if it's not to late to .

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
jchi2210

Activity: 443
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:22:59 AM

Vosk do you plan on holding these coins or dumping them on Bittrex? I got mine hooked up earlier and will have my second A3 in tomorrow. Just wondering which would be the best route.

Halo Platform is one of the fastest Blockchains I've seen yet. They have FREE transactions. 250 Millisecond Block speeds. Smart contracts, Masternodes, blockchain games, and their own high speed DEX with BTC/ETH/USDC pairs. Similar to ETH, Waves, EOS, and more yet with only $1 million mcap. This video showcases the speed and reliability of the blockchain using the DEX, Masternodes (that will soon payout in BTC and ETH), blockchain games, and more! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g74d3ixX7E8&feature=youtu.be
Fonzz

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:51:56 AM

https://i.imgur.com/PwUQVKdl.png

Thanks for sharing the updates and experiences! As SIA supporter and (since yesterday, former) SIA GPU miner I'm very interested in seeing the changes of the network.

https://imgur.com/a/cyJQI

senseless

Activity: 1118
Merit: 541

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:20:10 AM

Support me on the decred redit. Let's push the decred community to soft fork to defend itself against the obelisk dcr1 miner. The SIA development team have proven themselves untrustworthy. Who knows what they will do with all that decred asic hardware?! They will probably 51% attack the network! I heard that they sold 1 million miners!

https://www.reddit.com/r/decred/comments/7st4fw/obelisk_51_attack_is_coming/

VoskCoin
Copper Member

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 04:17:52 AM

Thanks for sharing the updates and experiences! As SIA supporter and (since yesterday, former) SIA GPU miner I'm very interested in seeing the changes of the network.

Ah that chart is wild... and gladly man thanks for taking the time to drop a reply! I’ll post another update in a couple days I’ve been face deep in too much SIAcoin lately lol

geekcryptogal

Activity: 56
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:22:31 AM
Merited by Nivir (1)

Watching the progress of your A3 Vosk.  ASIC hardware is all new to me, as I just learned about crypotocurrency mining just only a month ago.   I have a 5 x GPU rig running now on Nicehash.  Modest profits each day for a $3500 investment.  At current rates I hope to ROI in 7 months.   It's nuts you can ROI in like less than two weeks with that beast! I hope you can ROI quick enough to pay the thing off before a fork renders it much less profitable.   If I had known about ASIC mining a few weeks ago, I would of paid $2400 for the A3 miner and risked it Tongue. IT's too late to get into it now I think.  Everyone will be a week ahead and it might not even pay itself off.. especially if they "fork".. Wow I have a lot of catching up to do, history to read about.. how blockchain actually works and about forks and what not!

I wonder if the hardware is basically the same and htey just make a few proprietary/secret firmware changes to make it work with a different coin.  WOuld be cool if someone reversed engineered their older ones and were able to make them work efficiently with other ASIC coins that haven't been saturated or the process of being saturated like siacoin.

All this is so new to me so sorry if I just said anything that wasn't accurate or didn't make sense Smiley
R0mi

Activity: 306
Merit: 148

Theranos Coin - IoT + micro-blood arrays = Moon!

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:28:30 AM

Your point is valid on a zoomed in viewpoint. All miners should freely compete for coin to mine.

I would argue that in the bigger picture Sia is doing their job by breaking up centralized asic mining. So allowing their obelisk to stand a chance to enter asic competition, Sia forking is nessary to support more decentralized asic manufacturing and jobs right in the USA.

Decentralized miners don't mine on large pools. It's healthy to  break up the big pools

If your a true decentralized miner you should think about Supporting the fork. If your in it only for the cash. Keep on buying bitmain and support their toxic centralized asic ecosystem. I know I will and never proud of it. But they are the only game in town unfortunately.

Enjoy your $500 a day mining profits. You earned it and really supported hard working  Sia devs(cough bitmain). As for the Sc1 folks they will enjoy their bricks and what's left. The rich will get richer with centralized asic mining

What???  The SIA devs promoted the nonsensical view that ASIC mining would be great for their coin, and healthy, and double-plus good.  In what alternate universe could you ever think that you, and you alone, would be the only possible developer to come out with an ASIC miner?  SIA wants centralized ASIC mining, only they want to be in control.  Bitmain beat them to the punch, end of story.

Walton Chain CEO Mo' Bling: "Walton Chain will be the Qualcomm + Cisco in the blockchain industry, the ‘Google’ of the Blockchain."  It's December 1999, do you know how your shitcoin holdings are doing?  Magic 8 ball market analysis: www.doiownashitcoin.com
Nivir

Activity: 868
Merit: 506

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:34:22 AM

Watching the progress of your A3 Vosk.  ASIC hardware is all new to me, as I just learned about crypotocurrency mining just only a month ago.   I have a 5 x GPU rig running now on Nicehash.  Modest profits each day for a $3500 investment.  At current rates I hope to ROI in 7 months.   It's nuts you can ROI in like less than two weeks with that beast! I hope you can ROI quick enough to pay the thing off before a fork renders it much less profitable.   If I had known about ASIC mining a few weeks ago, I would of paid $2400 for the A3 miner and risked it Tongue. IT's too late to get into it now I think.  Everyone will be a week ahead and it might not even pay itself off.. especially if they "fork".. Wow I have a lot of catching up to do, history to read about.. how blockchain actually works and about forks and what not!

I wonder if the hardware is basically the same and htey just make a few proprietary/secret firmware changes to make it work with a different coin.  WOuld be cool if someone reversed engineered their older ones and were able to make them work efficiently with other ASIC coins that haven't been saturated or the process of being saturated like siacoin.

All this is so new to me so sorry if I just said anything that wasn't accurate or didn't make sense Smiley

Are you mining ethereum with that 7 months roi? Got very high electricity rate in my place but 5 months is doable.

Following this thread with interest. I'm salivating with those returns. Shocked
geekcryptogal

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:38:18 AM

Are you mining ethereum with that 7 months roi? Got very high electricity rate in my place but 5 months is doable.

Following this thread with interest. I'm salivating with those returns. Shocked

Yeah with my 5 card rig (1070 TI) nicehash is paying me about 1.6 to 1.7 mBTC per day -- nicehash mines whatever is most profitable at the time, autoswitching.. but often does neoscrypt.  It was at 1.8 mBTC per day the other day, but I don't know if the reason why it's less now is due to the fact I lowered max power in MSI Afterburner from 100% to 85% (to help preserve card life).  My electrcity rate is affordable at $0.081 cents per kWh.   I would love to ROI in 5 months if I could.  The rig cost me $3700 for everything including spare SSD and backup USB drive.
Darknicks

Activity: 48

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:44:39 AM

Actually, that's the new standard now. They're shipping within 10 days instead of 1~2 months like they used to. Check the last batch of the L3+ they posted. They shipped them within 10 days as well
lunobird

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:44:58 AM

What???  The SIA devs promoted the nonsensical view that ASIC mining would be great for their coin, and healthy, and double-plus good.  In what alternate universe could you ever think that you, and you alone, would be the only possible developer to come out with an ASIC miner?  SIA wants centralized ASIC mining, only they want to be in control.  Bitmain beat them to the punch, end of story.

Sia short term centralized ASIC mining is a needed in order to make ASIC manufacturing decentralized.  
MiningDoc

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:48:31 AM

This type of thinking is what will limit Siacoin growth.  Don't you want Siacoin in as many hands as possible to be as widely distributed as possible, to grow as much as possible?  Think of how many people this brought to the Siacoin community.  Think of the stabilization and decentralization this brings to the coin.

If the devs fork the coin to brick the A3's, it's only out of spite because Bitmain beat them to market with an ASIC.  It's a bit hypocritical to say you don't want an ASIC mining the coin right now when the devs are soon to release their own ASIC to mine the coin.  Makes no sense if you want a decentralized coin.  If they fork it to resist the A3, then isn't it becomming a centralized/controlled coin?  I think that's the opposite of what they want it to be.

Pokercoin.net – The Future of Poker! Welcome to the 1st cryptocurrency which is created for pokerplayers!
Join Now and Start Playing Online Poker on the first platform accepting Pokercoin!
 || Website || Poker || Bounty || Twitter || Facebook ||
R0mi

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:51:58 AM

Sia short term centralized ASIC mining is a needed in order to make ASIC manufacturing decentralized.  

Sure.  Keep telling yourself that.  By the way, if you really want to support the SIA project, why didn't you set up a boatload of storage space and offer to rent it out at incredibly below market prices?

Walton Chain CEO Mo' Bling: "Walton Chain will be the Qualcomm + Cisco in the blockchain industry, the ‘Google’ of the Blockchain."  It's December 1999, do you know how your shitcoin holdings are doing?  Magic 8 ball market analysis: www.doiownashitcoin.com
MiningDoc

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:54:17 AM

Hmm, to make ASIC manufacturing decentralized, maybe all we need is for other companies to get their shit together, pay qualified chip developers and manufactures, and get them turned out.  There are multiple ASIC manufactures out there currently, Bitmain just happens to be the one that has the R&D and manufacturing process streamlined to make it happen.  As shitty as their support and quality control may be, you at least have to acknowledge that they can bring a product to market.

A developer forking a coin just to promote their own ASIC has nothing to do with creating decentralized ASIC manufacturing or creating a decentralized coin.  If anything they are trying to control the whole market (mining and coin) solely for maximum profit to their business, not for the miners mining the coin.

Pokercoin.net – The Future of Poker! Welcome to the 1st cryptocurrency which is created for pokerplayers!
Join Now and Start Playing Online Poker on the first platform accepting Pokercoin!
lunobird

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:05:26 AM

This type of thinking is what will limit Siacoin growth.  Don't you want Siacoin in as many hands as possible to be as widely distributed as possible, to grow as much as possible?  Think of how many people this brought to the Siacoin community.  Think of the stabilization and decentralization this brings to the coin.

If the devs fork the coin to brick the A3's, it's only out of spite because Bitmain beat them to market with an ASIC.  It's a bit hypocritical to say you don't want an ASIC mining the coin right now when the devs are soon to release their own ASIC to mine the coin.  Makes no sense if you want a decentralized coin.  If they fork it to resist the A3, then isn't it becomming a centralized/controlled coin?  I think that's the opposite of what they want it to be.

Bitmain has centralized farms/pools for bitcoin, litecoin, dash, and now Sia.  Enough is enough already. Open your faking eyes

Sia's decision to break this monopoly is a good thing and shame on you wannabe decentralized miners for not supporting the Devs for fighting against Bitmain dominance.

Sia has to Fork and control the Sia coin to fend off aggressive Bitmain.  If it takes some coin centralization to do this then so be it.

If you don't support Sia Dev's don't mine their coin!  

R0mi

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:21:06 AM
Last edit: January 25, 2018, 05:33:04 AM by R0mi

Bitmain has centralized farms/pools for bitcoin, litecoin, dash, and now Sia.  Enough is enough already. Open your faking eyes

Sia's decision to break this monopoly is a good thing and shame on you wannabe decentralized miners for not supporting the Devs for fighting against Bitmain dominance.

Sia has to Fork and control the Sia coin to fend off aggressive Bitmain.  If it takes some coin centralization to do this then so be it.

I support the overall project's goals, and have for some time.  But this latest bit is sheer lunacy on the part of the SIA dev team.  If SIA intended to break a so-called monopoly, it should have brought a better product to market much faster than Bitmain.  It did not.  Whose fault is that?  Either they were intelligent enough to foresee the risks involved with bringing their own ASIC to market and they took a gamble, or they are incredibly short-sighted and out of touch.  There is no good explanation for, no positive way to spin, their reaction to Bitmain.

I've wondered for some time whether SIA would take off or not.  I mean, if you look at total available space to rent vs. actually rented space, there is an apparent problem with getting the word out about what their project is about and what it can do.  How about focusing on that aspect instead of bitching that because you are an also-ran ASIC designer, that must mean that competition is not fair?

Edit:  And consider this -- no one forced the SIA team to publicly announce, months before they had a product ready to ship, that they would be coming out with an ASIC miner.  If they wanted to surprise Bitmain and own this corner of the market, they should have kept their mouths sealed shut until they had product ready to ship out.

Tekno2020

Activity: 269
Merit: 11

<<<-----( )----->>>

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:42:56 AM

[/quote]

I support the overall project's goals, and have for some time.  But this latest bit is sheer lunacy on the part of the SIA dev team.  If SIA intended to break a so-called monopoly, it should have brought a better product to market much faster than Bitmain.  It did not.  Whose fault is that?  Either they were intelligent enough to foresee the risks involved with bringing their own ASIC to market and they took a gamble, or they are incredibly short-sighted and out of touch.  There is no good explanation for, no positive way to spin, their reaction to Bitmain.

I've wondered for some time whether SIA would take off or not.  I mean, if you look at total available space to rent vs. actually rented space, there is an apparent problem with getting the word out about what their project is about and what it can do.  How about focusing on that aspect instead of bitching that because you are an also-ran ASIC designer, that must mean that competition is not fair?

Edit:  And consider this -- no one forced the SIA team to publicly announce, months before they had a product ready to ship, that they would be coming out with an ASIC miner.  If they wanted to surprise Bitmain and own this corner of the market, they should have kept their mouths sealed shut until they had product ready to ship out.
[/quote]

Yep.  You can't do it all.  Either you focus on building out your platform and gaining adoption or you rapidly bring an exceptional ASIC to market.... you cant do them both with such a small team.  SIA never should have entered the ASIC market, it is an entirely different animal.

~The Annointed One~ 
btc: 31pDmi6PDdHFUT51MTzJNYacxYMZp2bi58
ltc: MGnitxNo2qZNgb2biahDguxMZuCbGPQQ84
senseless

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:12:50 AM
Merited by R0mi (7)

Ya, sorry. I guess next time I'll pre-order at $2000/btc so I can sit back and watch btc go up 10x and lose out on it. I mean, sure, giving someone your money to do development with and then sit on your hands for 10 months waiting is great. Who the fuck would want their miner in 10 days? That's just fucking crazy. Is there anyone here who would like to hold my money for 10 months? Any takers?

SIA's response to this shows their true colors. They're no better than bitmain. Just look at the doublethink they spew all over reddit. They constantly post bullshit saying 2 different things at the same time sometimes even in the same damn sentence. I will never support their project again, and I will take my enterprise customers back to S3 and GCS. They're raging out and mad they lost their race to market.

Hey, at least their network is 'secured' now. Because apparently asic is the only way to 'secure' it. I told them they were full of shit when they wanted to make asics back in July. Hey, I'm just senseless. NOW EVERYONE GO PRE-ORDER SOME MORE SHIT!

I like how they self-imposed arbitrary rules on bitmain like they're lords of the universe. "Bitmain didnt say how many they sold", "Bitmain didnt say they were making it", "Bitmain didnt bla bla bla". Their devs are on reddit crying worse than my 5 year old after getting smacked in the face with a ball today. It's like they've never been in business  before. Ever.

Tekno2020

<<<-----( )----->>>

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:43:26 AM

Ya, sorry. I guess next time I'll pre-order at $2000/btc so I can sit back and watch btc go up 10x and lose out on it. I mean, sure, giving someone your money to do development with and then sit on your hands for 10 months waiting is great. Who the fuck would want their miner in 10 days? That's just fucking crazy. Is there anyone here who would like to hold my money for 10 months? Any takers?

SIA's response to this shows their true colors. They're no better than bitmain. Just look at the doublethink they spew all over reddit. They constantly post bullshit saying 2 different things at the same time sometimes even in the same damn sentence. I will never support their project again, and I will take my enterprise customers back to S3 and GCS. They're raging out and mad they lost their race to market.

Hey, at least their network is 'secured' now. Because apparently asic is the only way to 'secure' it. I told them they were full of shit when they wanted to make asics back in July. Hey, I'm just senseless. NOW EVERYONE GO PRE-ORDER SOME MORE SHIT!

I like how they self-imposed arbitrary rules on bitmain like they're lords of the universe. "Bitmain didnt say how many they sold", "Bitmain didnt say they were making it", "Bitmain didnt bla bla bla". Their devs are on reddit crying worse than my 5 year old after getting smacked in the face with a ball today. It's like they've never been in business  before. Ever.

This SIA team is a bunch of amatuers.  I almost think the coin/project would be better off with a more seasoned core dev/mgmt team in place. Not a bunch of friggin idealistic kids who want to publish manifestos and memorandums of principles, whitepapers, etc.  How about profits.  If you are not exceptional at what you are doing, then someone else will eat your lunch.

Bitmain is very kind compared to the competition they will be facing in the future.  Do they really think that cloud storage titans like Google, Amazon, Microsft will just let SIA waltz in and drive them out of the business?  These kids better wise up and quick.

~The Annointed One~ 
lunobird

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 08:15:07 AM

You A3 owners are a bunch of A holes talkin trash to the Sia Devs.  And yet you mine their coins you greedy bastards

I demand a hard fork instead.  Polarized mining community we have here.
Marvell2

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 08:26:16 AM

You A3 owners are a bunch of A holes talkin trash to the Sia Devs.  And yet you mine their coins you greedy bastards

sia devs are idiots, they should do the right thing and refund thier pre orders
senseless

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 08:27:09 AM

Yes, you are right. I demand a hard fork too. On decred because the obelisk miner is going to 51% attack the network! The SIA dev fork to destroy their competition the A3! Now they want to destroy other coins! Watch out!

dlezama

Activity: 140
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 08:38:16 AM

Actually, that's the new standard now. They're shipping within 10 days instead of 1~2 months like they used to. Check the last batch of the L3+ they posted. They shipped them within 10 days as well

Not the S9s (that accepted wire transfer last time btw), bitmain always surprises with something.
dlezama

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 08:39:41 AM

I like how they self-imposed arbitrary rules on bitmain like they're lords of the universe. "Bitmain didnt say how many they sold", "Bitmain didnt say they were making it", "Bitmain didnt bla bla bla". Their devs are on reddit crying worse than my 5 year old after getting smacked in the face with a ball today. It's like they've never been in business  before. Ever.

This SIA team is a bunch of amatuers.  I almost think the coin/project would be better off with a more seasoned core dev/mgmt team in place. Not a bunch of friggin idealistic kids who want to publish manifestos and memorandums of principles, whitepapers, etc.  How about profits.  If you are not exceptional at what you are doing, then someone else will eat your lunch.

Bitmain is very kind compared to the competition they will be facing in the future.  Do they really think that cloud storage titans like Google, Amazon, Microsft will just let SIA waltz in and drive them out of the business?  These kids better wise up and quick.
Kind of harsh, but nicely put. I hope they do wise up. Also I hope they don't become evil to fight evil. We have enough of those in crypto.
jimmykl

Activity: 359

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 10:54:30 AM

Here's an interesting manifesto/whitepaper https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf Cool some idealist published it eh?
VoskCoin
Copper Member

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 01:56:50 PM

Absolutely agree, this is crypto and crypto should be decentralized

VoskCoin
Copper Member

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 01:59:55 PM

This, exactly this.

VoskCoin
Copper Member

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 02:01:28 PM

Vosk do you plan on holding these coins or dumping them on Bittrex? I got mine hooked up earlier and will have my second A3 in tomorrow. Just wondering which would be the best route.
I’m personally holding them I think sia will see big growth with all of this exposure if they navigate this semi decently.. just speculation of course

I thought the D3 would trash dash price but somehow did the opposite so I’ll place my bets the other way this time lol

QuintLeo
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:24:15 PM

SIA's algorithm isn't supported by any of the Baikal miners.
 That "Obelisk" group announced a SIA miner, but don't think it's actually shown up yet - if it EVER does.

Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
geekcryptogal

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 08:10:01 PM

Looks like it's down to $225 per day now Vosk?  Keeping an eye on your rig.  Early this morning it was at like $340 per day.
Chan8

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 08:35:26 PM

Looks like it's down to $225 per day now Vosk?  Keeping an eye on your rig.  Early this morning it was at like $340 per day.

I still recieved well over 7k sia today from an A3.

Ambit    ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  █████
██
████████████
Become part of the mining family
✔ SECURED  │ WHITEPAPER │  ★ 171% ROI
██   
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
█████  ██
██
████████████
Marvell2

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 08:40:58 PM

SIA's algorithm isn't supported by any of the Baikal miners.
 That "Obelisk" group announced a SIA miner, but don't think it's actually shown up yet - if it EVER does.

the baikal b can mine sia and dcr , but only at 40 and 80gh
dhouse

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:29:13 PM

how can they be upset that a company made a miner to mine the coin that are developing  Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh

don't they, um, understand that literally exactly how this whole thing works?
MickDaster

Activity: 167

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 09:30:30 PM

i guess its just first batch privileges, then it will be obsolete like all others

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
dhouse

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:32:36 PM

Absolutely agree, this is crypto and crypto should be decentralized

"real" decentralization (if it even exists) would dictate that they are free to fork and the miners can choose to mine whichever chain they choose
shield132

Activity: 1428
Merit: 577

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:36:29 PM

Yes, they really does whatever they want and their actions are very rude, maybe one day they will leave all antminers for theirself. Why aren't they doing this? It will be fatal I think.
I believe they knew what would happen after receiving of A3 miners, but why didn't they do anything? This fact makes me nervous.
tummymumma

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 10:45:09 PM

Yes, they really does whatever they want and their actions are very rude, maybe one day they will leave all antminers for theirself. Why aren't they doing this? It will be fatal I think.
I believe they knew what would happen after receiving of A3 miners, but why didn't they do anything? This fact makes me nervous.

I don't believe this would even be an issue if the Obelisk did not exist.   This is only happening because SIA has money invested in their own ASIC.  They are now officially a competitor of Bitmain.  If that means they need to Fork and brick the A3's then so be it, but I can tell you that Bitmain is creating a product that they know the consumer wants and that they know will sell and make them money.  SIA is not going to make anything off of Bricking the A3's.  If anything, they will lose complete trust in their coin and stability in their network.  Buy our coin, buy our miner, buy into our centralized eco system... we run it all...
Dlikrot

Activity: 219

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 11:27:31 PM

Funny how I have mined SIA for a year, then somebody just makes the same in a week or so x)

ALL UR BTC R BELONG TO US (ME... Cheesy) 3NHn8u3f7bCWD8G9C6t4wWRQe5JbQKDe3n
R0mi

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 12:51:55 AM

Hey "Lunobird," I was over on the SIA reddit today and I was reading that signed letter where certain people advocate for a fork.  And what do you know?  Your name shows up and next to your name is the title "investor."

Did someone forge your support for the hard fork on that letter, or is that "Lunobird" also you?  Which is it?

And if you are an "investor" in SIA, doesn't that conflict you as much as any person who invested in an A3?  I mean, if you are an "investor" in SIA, I take it that means, among other things, that you hope to make a buck?  No?

Here is a thought experiment for you and every other person who has posted on Reddit over the past two days:

Imagine SIA gains real traction, which I hope it does, and SIA begins to nibble into Amazon's cloud storage services.  Just enough to, say, land on the radar of Mr. Bezos.

Questions:

1.  Do you think Mr. Bezos will be consulting with Team SIA 60+ days in advance prior to making any business decision affecting Amazon's cloud storage services?

2.  Do you imagine Mr. Bezos will have a moment of clarity in which he announces to the world, 'You know what?  Patents *are* evil, and from this moment forward, I shall freely cross license every single patent Amazon holds in relation to cloud storage to the SIA team.  My public shareholders and their pesky lawsuits be damned.'

3.  Do you think that Mr. Bezos will publish in real time his cost structure, profits, Amazon's current 500 largest cloud customers, total available capacity, percentage of used capacity, and other business sensitive information so that SIA and every other would-be competitor can take advantage of that?  OR, do you think the SIA team will have to hire someone who knows what SEC EDGAR is all about, and that person or persons will have dig through hundreds of pages of public SEC filings to figure these things out on their own?

4.  Do you think that Bezos will start releasing Amazon quarterly reports at, oh, 5 p.m. Beijing time instead of 5 p.m. Eastern Time?

lunobird

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 01:14:42 AM
Last edit: January 26, 2018, 05:39:43 AM by lunobird

Hey "Lunobird," I was over on the SIA reddit today and I was reading that signed letter where certain people advocate for a fork.  And what do you know?  Your name shows up and next to your name is the title "investor."

Did someone forge your support for the hard fork on that letter, or is that "Lunobird" also you?  Which is it?

And if you are an "investor" in SIA, doesn't that conflict you as much as any person who invested in an A3?  I mean, if you are an "investor" in SIA, I take it that means, among other things, that you hope to make a buck?  No?

Here is a thought experiment for you and every other person who has posted on Reddit over the past two days:

Imagine SIA gains real traction, which I hope it does, and SIA begins to nibble into Amazon's cloud storage services.  Just enough to, say, land on the radar of Mr. Bezos.

Questions:

1.  Do you think Mr. Bezos will be consulting with Team SIA 60+ days in advance prior to making any business decision affecting Amazon's cloud storage services?

2.  Do you imagine Mr. Bezos will have a moment of clarity in which he announces to the world, 'You know what?  Patents *are* evil, and from this moment forward, I shall freely cross license every single patent Amazon holds in relation to cloud storage to the SIA team.  My public shareholders and their pesky lawsuits be damned.'

3.  Do you think that Mr. Bezos will publish in real time his cost structure, profits, Amazon's current 500 largest cloud customers, total available capacity, percentage of used capacity, and other business sensitive information so that SIA and every other would-be competitor can take advantage of that?  OR, do you think the SIA team will have to hire someone who knows what SEC EDGAR is all about, and that person or persons will have dig through hundreds of pages of public SEC filings to figure these things out on their own?

4.  Do you think that Bezos will start releasing Amazon quarterly reports at, oh, 5 p.m. Beijing time instead of 5 p.m. Eastern Time?

Yes I did sign the petition on discord.

I don't own a single Sia coin, i don't own an A3 nor do I own a SC1,

I do own a bitmain L3+ miner and I pre ordered an obelisk decred miner and Im mostly a  gpu miner.  So i am not bias with mining

As an investor I am an investor in other coins mostly the top 10 coins.

So i hold nothing to financially gain from this at all.  Just my ideology viewpoint and I like bitcoin gold due to its purist form of true decentralized miners.

Your questions is all above my pay grade and have no opinion in such matters.
tummymumma

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 02:47:07 AM

Hey "Lunobird," I was over on the SIA reddit today and I was reading that signed letter where certain people advocate for a fork.  And what do you know?  Your name shows up and next to your name is the title "investor."

Did someone forge your support for the hard fork on that letter, or is that "Lunobird" also you?  Which is it?

And if you are an "investor" in SIA, doesn't that conflict you as much as any person who invested in an A3?  I mean, if you are an "investor" in SIA, I take it that means, among other things, that you hope to make a buck?  No?

Imagine SIA gains real traction, which I hope it does, and SIA begins to nibble into Amazon's cloud storage services.  Just enough to, say, land on the radar of Mr. Bezos.

Questions:

1.  Do you think Mr. Bezos will be consulting with Team SIA 60+ days in advance prior to making any business decision affecting Amazon's cloud storage services?

2.  Do you imagine Mr. Bezos will have a moment of clarity in which he announces to the world, 'You know what?  Patents *are* evil, and from this moment forward, I shall freely cross license every single patent Amazon holds in relation to cloud storage to the SIA team.  My public shareholders and their pesky lawsuits be damned.'

3.  Do you think that Mr. Bezos will publish in real time his cost structure, profits, Amazon's current 500 largest cloud customers, total available capacity, percentage of used capacity, and other business sensitive information so that SIA and every other would-be competitor can take advantage of that?  OR, do you think the SIA team will have to hire someone who knows what SEC EDGAR is all about, and that person or persons will have dig through hundreds of pages of public SEC filings to figure these things out on their own?

4.  Do you think that Bezos will start releasing Amazon quarterly reports at, oh, 5 p.m. Beijing time instead of 5 p.m. Eastern Time?

Yes, Amazon will call and ask if their next product will affect the profitability of the obelisk #2.
Fonzz

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 03:29:57 AM

Funny how I have mined SIA for a year, then somebody just makes the same in a week or so x)

Similar feeling here  Shocked Tongue
The Yorkshire Pudd

Activity: 29

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 10:22:25 AM

Why are people getting so saltly of Bitmain Asics?

The Asics literally support the network.
If you were mining Sia with GPU it must have been more for support than profit - because you could have been mining a more profitable coin and then simply buying more sia with that profit that what you were earning by simply mining. GPUS have the agility to mine different coins - take advantage of your hardware.

When it comes to the obelisk who actually pre-orders asics anymore? Have you not learned from the many many cases where pre-orders either disappeared, got delayed by months or another competitor beat them to the punch?

Tough lessons to be learned in crypto but to get salty about it and blame a company for releasing a product on an open market just spouts your disgust in yourself for falling for such pitfalls.

Historically whatever coin Bitmain launch an ASIC for the price has increased pretty damn well over the next year.

For those saying these new ASIC miners are tanking the price please open your eyes - we have been in a bear market since before XMAS, nearly every coin is getting tanked hard.
Hank Scorpio

Activity: 19

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 01:06:00 PM

how can they be upset that a company made a miner to mine the coin that are developing  Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh

don't they, um, understand that literally exactly how this whole thing works?

Yes, that is the point. They should be happy to obtain massive support from ASIC miners. But it comes that Bitmain surprised everyone launching the ASIC before SiaTech, and they are angry about that because it spoiled their SC1.

xpzycox

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

🎖️ DeepOnion 🎖️

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 03:37:34 PM

Just got one and plugged it in last night, after running for around 12 hours I have mined roughly ~2250 SC coins.  I've since changed the frequency a bit and will see updated results... im hashing around 860gh/s average now, and myminerapp says my approximate income should be around 4500 SC coin/day at this time and point.

We will see what happens with the coming weeks.. I dont see it changing too much as most of who already order an A3 already has it up and running.  Once the next batches are made and Obliesks, and HalongMining come out with their machines thats when the real difference in network hashrate will be noticed.

Batch 1 shouldn't see that much more of a dip than it has already gone to...I guarantee almost all A3's shipped out are already up and running at this moment.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    OWN YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Own ONION  (✔Exchanges  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Rody81

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 03:49:00 PM

Just got one and plugged it in last night, after running for around 12 hours I have mined roughly ~2250 SC coins.  I've since changed the frequency a bit and will see updated results... im hashing around 860gh/s average now, and myminerapp says my approximate income should be around 4500 SC coin/day at this time and point.

We will see what happens with the coming weeks.. I dont see it changing too much as most of who already order an A3 already has it up and running.  Once the next batches are made and Obliesks, and HalongMining come out with their machines thats when the real difference in network hashrate will be noticed.

Batch 1 shouldn't see that much more of a dip than it has already gone to...I guarantee almost all A3's shipped out are already up and running at this moment.

I disagree,  there are many machines that are boxed up and waiting to be sold on the second market.  Just look at all the ebay and cragslist posts.  There are resellers who have a bunch of these machines.  Also there are many people who have not received theirs yet.  Mine just came in this morning and I haven't plugged it in because I am waiting for my APW3++ to be ready for pickup at fedex some time today.  So there are still many machines that were sold but have yet to be put to mining.
bitcoinexplorer

Merit: 255

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 04:02:39 PM

I am selling Antminer A3 , if anyone interest let me know, its brand new unit. Thanks.
xpzycox

Merit: 110

🎖️ DeepOnion 🎖️

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 04:10:36 PM
Last edit: January 26, 2018, 05:00:12 PM by xpzycox

I disagree,  there are many machines that are boxed up and waiting to be sold on the second market.  Just look at all the ebay and cragslist posts.  There are resellers who have a bunch of these machines.  Also there are many people who have not received theirs yet.  Mine just came in this morning and I haven't plugged it in because I am waiting for my APW3++ to be ready for pickup at fedex some time today.  So there are still many machines that were sold but have yet to be put to mining.

I think we're both partially right. I questioned reselling mine directly away on ebay as I saw they were going for near 8000$... But at the cost of electricity and all I can make well over that well say in 4-5 months TOPS given as of right now it says ill make 5200/month.. but knowing that will go down I think in the long run it will be better to have not just instaflipped the machine like some are doing.

Aside from everything people relate these to the D3 and call them expensive hairdryers now... When the D3 was first announced and released DASH was only sitting around 200$. With the EXPLOSION of the network hashrate and the focus of mining now towards dash, where the network rate is still INSANE compared to before the d3, the price of the coin followed along with the mining shift to DASH, regardless of the heightened network hash rate early D3 adopters made out with killings...

When people start pouring hundreds of thetas into SIA network... Just watch the price... Smiley

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    OWN YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Own ONION  (✔Exchanges  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
VoskCoin
Copper Member

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 03:26:09 AM

Latest and final really video update on the Bitmain Antminer A3 w/ Overclocking + profits + estimated units sold + siacoin forking announcement

https://youtu.be/WlWEc9CxpBg

Joy-Energiser

Activity: 17

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 05:58:05 AM

One more gpu coin that was killed by asics, business as usual and trolls think gpu mining will be forever, keep dreaming while you can trolls hehe

I like what bitmain is doing though, it will teach the siacoin devs a lesson, they need a hard spank.

why did the sia devs need a hard spank ?
tothanhtuan

Activity: 448

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 11:22:07 AM

You dreaming  Grin I dont think it possible to earn $500 a day, the diff will go up each day so basically impossible
VoskCoin
Copper Member

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 01:15:46 PM

You dreaming  Grin I dont think it possible to earn $500 a day, the diff will go up each day so basically impossible
Came pretty close Day one Wink last night it was $125 today... surely less!

ThugB33

Activity: 45

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:42:30 PM

We won't even hit ROI in two or three months. Sad
geekcryptogal

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 05:51:21 PM

Last I checked Vosk was at $98 per day.  And you've earned about $1000 (in siacoin) of the $2400 investment? 

I have a question, does Bitmain have a huge amount of these miners they keep themselves and mine along with their customers?  Seems like they'd hit the pools the first few days at least.

This has been a great thread, for learning about all this.  I see how risky this investment can be and if you are going to chance it next round, to make sure you order on the first day and get it running within a few hours of receiving it.  I feel bad for any people that might of received a defective unit or have troubles setting it up.  Seems like there would be a lot of excitement and tension for this type of investment.

Thanks for sharing.
QuintLeo
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 09:24:57 PM

Long term no, but folks that got their units EARLY for the first day or perhaps two?

No.15

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 09:39:46 PM

for once I am glad something was sold out when I looked.  By the time I would have got this I am sure the roi would have killed me Smiley
lunobird

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 10:26:58 PM

Sia coin Devs are also going to support development where mining is a service and not a reward.  That way there is less tension between asic miners and trying to be the first one in reaping all the benefits.

https://blog.sia.tech/response-to-the-sia-community-and-bitmain-653a12284098

Overall the Sia Devs are doing their best to support the Sia community.  We should do our best to support them back
tummymumma

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 10:43:58 PM

Sia coin Devs are also going to support development where mining is a service and not a reward.  That way there is less tension between asic miners and trying to be the first one in reaping all the benefits.

https://blog.sia.tech/response-to-the-sia-community-and-bitmain-653a12284098

Overall the Sia Devs are doing their best to support the Sia community.  We should do our best to support them back

That was an excellent response.   I completely support that response and that is the way it should be handled.  I'm glad they got back on track.
eth4lyfe

Activity: 71

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 11:50:12 PM

People are buying these for over $5k on eBay  Huh What are your thoughts on that?
geekcryptogal

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 12:04:41 AM

I hope they continue to get at least $20 per day of siacoin and that siacoin appreciates in value.
tummymumma

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 12:36:14 AM

People are buying these for over $5k on eBay  Huh What are your thoughts on that?

Well, if you look at some of the ads for the A3s, they st ill say 16k per month which is silly, but I think the prices will drop a little but I dont think your going to see them come down to under 4500.. The s9's are still selling at that level.  As long as they are earning a decent amount.....
oliver1975

Activity: 63

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 12:40:22 AM

I do 98 $ per day since today... my ROI in 25 days... 2800 $ per month... That's good for me... And if the Siacoin increase in value... this is the jackpot...
LazyJones

I do electrical.

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 01:23:02 AM

I'm in it for the long haul on the A3, and don't like the temps getting above 80 degrees. Has anybody had any luck underclocking these to a decent level? I cant seem to keep the temp below 80 despite max fan speed.

In a nice cold garage btw.

DrJury

Activity: 122

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:10:37 AM

i think the A3 will end the same way as the D3

badger88

Activity: 83

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:53:45 AM

yes but when you look at the price of dash, it hopefully will follow the same trend.

the L3 people who bought batches for march are getting screwing because now bitmain magically decided to ship *another batch within 10 days Smiley Smiley  Tongue
mettalmag
Legendary

Activity: 1075
Merit: 1003

≡v≡

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 06:26:22 AM
Last edit: January 28, 2018, 06:38:19 AM by mettalmag

People are buying these for over $5k on eBay  Huh What are your thoughts on that?
couple weeks ago I finished building farm of D3s for one customer of mine, 50+ D3s and I even remember his call back in September asking me what to buy D3 or S9, even tho I was insisting on S9 and they were 1415$ then he bought bunch of D3s
in conclusion I can say that they are checking only purchase date profitability and don't look forward
it's bad people are so greedy even tho you are trying to help them but who cares in the end everyone gets what he deserves

imo they will last longer than D3 did due to lower quantity
Marvell2

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 06:34:43 AM

I'm in it for the long haul on the A3, and don't like the temps getting above 80 degrees. Has anybody had any luck underclocking these to a decent level? I cant seem to keep the temp below 80 despite max fan speed.

the PCB or chip temps ? mine are now all occed to 650mhs @ 900ghs and i see PCB temps below for one

Code:
Temp(PCB) Temp(Chip) ASIC status
1 60 650 312.48 10,470 58 77 oooooooo oooooooo oooooooo oooooooo oooooooo oooooooo oooooooo oooo
2 60 650 298.47 6,640 57 77 oooooooo oooooooo oooooooo oooooooo oooooooo oooooooo oooooooo oooo
3 60 650 313.25 28,900 60 80

the other is a bit more flakey

temps are around 75- 86 do i downclocked to 630 ish for same temps 880 ghs

crypto.lawyer.187

Activity: 210

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 06:44:08 AM

FRIED HASHBOARD!!!
Marvell2

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 06:49:28 AM

FRIED HASHBOARD!!!

how ?
LazyJones

I do electrical.

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 07:05:57 AM

over 10000 errors does not give me confidence to overclock my boards, I like running them for longer than a week.

Marvell2

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 07:07:52 AM

over 10000 errors does not give me confidence to overclock my boards, I like running them for longer than a week.

the bulk of the HW errors happen when the unit first joins the pool, then after an hour or too they stop

I do agree though , what is needed is a way to change the voltages and frequencies of boards individually, some  boards are fine with as high as 680 mhz

where others struggle at as low as 550
MiningDoc

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 07:17:33 AM
Merited by vapourminer (1)

I think the bulk of these have been arriving yesterday and today.  My guess is that they should settle around $50 per day mining over the next 2 days.  Still not too bad.  So far the estimates seem to be somewhere between 11,000 - 14,000 units sold.  Will be curious to see where the actual hashrate ends up.  My guess is that this is going to increase the price of Sia as it is bringing a lot of new people in to Sia's realm who otherwise might not have looked at it.  I think Bitmain did a better job with realeasing the A3 than they did with the D3.  Less supply, and limiting to 1 per order.  That should hopefully have allowed the A3 to be distributed among more people, hopefully.

I do agree that these run way too hot and too loud (mine was mid to high 70's even with cool temps here in the garage but was hashing about 832 GH/s).  Good luck keeping these cool in the summer.  I think they would have been better off reducing the number of chips a bit and make this a 600 - 650 GH/s miner and people would have paid the same price for a machine that would run cooler and draw less power.

ajaycthomas

Activity: 14

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 07:46:21 AM

I was using Antpool for Mining Siacoin with my new Antminer A3 machine. The machine connected at 8 pm yesterday UK time and now its 8 am uk time.

The machine is hashing. But no revenue.

Please see the attached pool network hash power too. Lot of people started mining and moved. Also the total block solved is shown as 0.

Is Antpool failed against Siacoin?

Anybody have a similar experience with antpool?

Antpool A3 Miner

https://preview.ibb.co/jZQhZG/Screen_Shot_2018_01_28_at_07_01_47.png
https://preview.ibb.co/nGgd8b/Screen_Shot_2018_01_28_at_07_02_18.png
mettalmag
Legendary

Activity: 1075
Merit: 1003

≡v≡

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 07:58:39 AM

I was using Antpool for Mining Siacoin with my new Antminer A3 machine. The machine connected at 8 pm yesterday UK time and now its 8 am uk time.

Please see the attached pool network hash power too. Lot of people started mining and moved. Also the total block solved is shown as 0.

Antpool A3 Miner

having the same issue with my A3s on antpool, instead of investigating what was going on Injust switched
dlezama

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 08:10:55 AM

Antpool A3 Miner

having the same issue with my A3s on antpool, instead of investigating what was going on Injust switched
Antpool is PPLNS, you won't have any revenue until it finds a share. If you want a PPS pool try siamining
SIN3R6Y

Activity: 22

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 08:32:22 AM

Have spent quite a bit of time with mine, I've gone through the whole unit software / hardware wise and made quite a few hardware notes that ill curate and share at a later date.

Voltage control is whack on these, needs custom firmware. Over the past few days of testing i was getting the following.

600mhz, 80C, 10K+ HW errors
581mhz, 55C, 5 HW errors
575mhz, 70C, 7K+ HW errors

How reducing clock speed results in more heat + HW errors is beyond me unless there are serious voltage calculation issues with these things. Also the CPU on the control board is running near full tilt just to keep up with the UART activity on the hashing boards. So even the simple act of refreshing the web page can give you HW errors. These aren't real errors, but just the control board lagging behind.

Also these are identical to the D3 in almost every way. pic firmware, eeprom images, etc... are all identical. The only thing that sets this apart from a D3 is the ASIC's, but considering it has all the same issues that the D3 had it makes me wonder if bitmain has come up with a more universal ASIC chip that can be reconfigured. There are JTAG headers on the hash boards, so who knows?
rummy

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 03:17:38 PM

We'd like to offer a $800 @BITMAINtech discount coupon to every @ObeliskTechHQ coupon holder. We look forward to collaborating with the @ObeliskTechHQ team to finalize the details. Stay tuned for more information on this.
shater

Activity: 88

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 03:33:11 PM

Great review, thanks man
The Demon Slick

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 04:40:13 PM

I can extrapolate the yield drop from my 2 580s rig.
before hard fork at block 139,000  1 sia per hour
right after  .5 sia per hour
now .2 sia per hour

Yield has dropped by 80% since the fork.
R0mi

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 05:01:48 PM

I underclocked to 525, set fan % to 85, or 5,210 rpm give or take.  That keeps my chips at 71-74.

With a cold garage, I would think you might get by with 550 and a fan speed over 5,000+.

rummy

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 06:27:07 PM

thats weird cause im overclocked at 625 and my pcb temps are in 50's and 70's for chip also in a garage
AlvinM

Activity: 32

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 07:50:22 PM

Anybody knows if underclocking void tne warranty ?
QuintLeo
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 09:18:26 PM

Have spent quite a bit of time with mine, I've gone through the whole unit software / hardware wise and made quite a few hardware notes that ill curate and share at a later date.

Voltage control is whack on these, needs custom firmware. Over the past few days of testing i was getting the following.

581mhz, 55C, 5 HW errors

How reducing clock speed results in more heat + HW errors is beyond me unless there are serious voltage calculation issues with these things. Also the CPU on the control board is running near full tilt just to keep up with the UART activity on the hashing boards. So even the simple act of refreshing the web page can give you HW errors. These aren't real errors, but just the control board lagging behind.

Also these are identical to the D3 in almost every way. pic firmware, eeprom images, etc... are all identical. The only thing that sets this apart from a D3 is the ASIC's, but considering it has all the same issues that the D3 had it makes me wonder if bitmain has come up with a more universal ASIC chip that can be reconfigured. There are JTAG headers on the hash boards, so who knows?

No, they just use fairly universal controllers and control software, with minimal changes to suit the different algorithm.
 I suspect their software for the D3 L3 and A3 all derived from some generation of their S9 software, and goes back at least as far as the S5 in the chain or direct ancestery.

Their hardware configuration seems to have been set by the S5+/S7 for all their recent miners, VERY minimal changes.

I don't see any reason why UNDERclocking would void the warranty.

SIN3R6Y

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 09:51:09 PM
Last edit: January 28, 2018, 10:03:42 PM by SIN3R6Y

581mhz, 55C, 5 HW errors

No, they just use fairly universal controllers and control software, with minimal changes to suit the different algorithm.
 I suspect their software for the D3 L3 and A3 all derived from some generation of their S9 software, and goes back at least as far as the S5 in the chain or direct ancestery.

Their hardware configuration seems to have been set by the S5+/S7 for all their recent miners, VERY minimal changes.

I don't see any reason why UNDERclocking would void the warranty.

Usually the eeprom's are different, L3/S9/D3 all have different eeprom content. Except the A3 and D3 share the same eeprom content. These eeproms are on the i2c bus and each hash board has one. No clue what the data is actually used for, but considering every miner has been different to this point except the D3/A3 suggest's they are more similar than bitmain would like us to believe.

Also, i traced out that header on the A3 board which all seems to connect to the PIC16F1704 chip.

1 = 14 = VSS
2 = 12 = RA1/ISCPCLK
3 = 13 = RA0/ISCPDAT
4 = 14 = VSS
5 = 1 = VDD
6 = 4 = Vpp/MCLRT/RA3

That basically makes it an ICSP header, which might be able to gather some useful information on the programming. Clearly it isn't locked as cgminer is able to flash this chip on startup if needed. Based on the code it looks like the PIC has a small boot loader program which initializes things, then waits to hear from the controller. Whether the controller actually has an ICSP connection to the PIC itself, or if the small loader program has the ability to read data over i2c for programming i don't know.

/bin/pic.txt has the pic microcode in it, but it may not contain that initial loader program.
ThugB33

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 10:05:51 AM

Gents,

you should two put your wisdom together on this with @blissz and comple a custom FW if that's only possible and output it with a dev fee ... we all will benefit especially if we could hit other "Blake" algos or X11's Smiley
The Demon Slick

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 01:11:44 PM

now .2 sia per hour

Now at .07 sia coin per hour, down 93% since 1/27. 2 or 3 days.
That's a lot of drop.
VoskCoin
Copper Member

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 07:59:15 PM

Great review, thanks man
absolutely man thanks for checking it out Cheesy

adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1187

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 08:00:42 PM

now .2 sia per hour

That's a lot of drop.

You shouldn't be dual-mining this coin anymore.

Try either DCR or PASC. Just go to what-to-mine and see which is more profitable.

████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
VoskCoin
Copper Member

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 09:36:01 PM

now .2 sia per hour

That's a lot of drop.

You shouldn't be dual-mining this coin anymore.

Try either DCR or PASC. Just go to what-to-mine and see which is more profitable.
baikal giant b mines both of those now too though, O_O asic invasion I warned people about this lol

ThugB33

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 10:10:21 PM

40$/day already Sad tomorrow 30.... will it stabilize on 20 or on 10??? If so then shitmain made a good move ... sold the hardware with minimal profit gain...
bittawm
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1059

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:02:38 AM

40$/day already Sad tomorrow 30.... will it stabilize on 20 or on 10??? If so then shitmain made a good move ... sold the hardware with minimal profit gain...

I still dont have my A3s yet   Smiley Cry

Rent my sig space. PM me
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1122

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:05:21 AM

Considering the fact that Bitmain's apparently giving coupons to Obelisk buyers that could be used to purchase the A3, seems like the profitability on the A3s is going to continue to drop. It'll be the next D3 or worse.
QuintLeo
Legendary

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:19:08 AM

And Bitmain just announced a second batch for sale via Emails.

Kiss them crazy-high first adopter profits bye-bye....

VoskCoin
Copper Member

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 03:47:38 AM

i kissed them goodbye day 1 im not naive T_T it has held strong 40+ sc each hour all day though a bit of hope remains lol

VoskCoin
Copper Member

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 03:47:51 AM

why such a delay thats awful O_O

MiningDoc

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 04:12:20 AM

I think they said the second batch wouldn't be shipping until march 15th in the email I got.

dlezama

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 04:14:26 AM

I think they said the second batch wouldn't be shipping until march 15th in the email I got.
Correct, but sometimes they ship early, sometimes late. Current batch is not all up yet. And we don't know if they won't test them a little before shipping Smiley So there are quite a few uncertainties.
MiningDoc

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 04:17:36 AM

Don't they always "test" them Smiley  My guess is they have some hashing away at this moment....

bet101

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 11:54:37 AM
Last edit: January 30, 2018, 12:17:42 PM by bet101

Antminer A3 is on the way to become another useless D3, 1 week ago the A3 would make you a whopping 19K USD a month, today it is at 1K.
The more A3's they create the more your earnings go with it, but antminer will always make a profit in the process.

I bought mine at 2230 USD, now they selling at 980USD!!!!  Huh

hannezorf

Activity: 31
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 12:19:35 PM
Merited by khash4u (1)

Antminer A3 is on the way to become another useless D3, 1 week ago the A3 would make you a whopping 19K USD a month, today it is at 1K.
The more A3's they create the more your earnings go with it, but antminer will always make a profit in the process.

Yeah, that's what everybody predicted and that's what has to come when the difficulty is such low and so much hashpower is suddenly available in the network.

Sad for those who ordered and still did not get their miners. Me in Germany I guess if I ordered one it would have reached the customs now and in 2 weeks I would get a letter about the fact that there is something I need to pick up from the customs. Even If i paid the customs before there would be heavy delays.
khash4u

Activity: 97

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 01:41:44 PM

you could of just purchased siacoin at 47 satoshi's in December 2017 and stashed a few million away that would of been a much better investment

Join Binance Exchange today with instant trading on all major crypto tokens 0.1% Trade Fee.
24h Withdrawal Limit:2BTC for unverified accounts  /  Verified accounts  24h Withdrawal Limit:100BTC
BINANCE Worlds largest Exchange
ThugB33

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:27:28 PM

you could of just purchased siacoin at 47 satoshi's in December 2017 and stashed a few million away that would of been a much better investment

where do you see such amount of SC on sale? I've been trying to invest in top 50 tokens but their purchase are ether closed or very limited.
lestat2k7

Activity: 67

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:27:56 PM

How much profit are you guys getting on SIA using A3 these days?
ThugB33

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 04:00:51 PM

How much profit are you guys getting on SIA using A3 these days?

around 40$/day
lestat2k7

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 04:15:49 PM

Thanks man, I am shocked it dropped from 500 to 40 so fast. damn.
Rody81

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 04:29:25 PM

We are pretty much screwed.  It will be hard to hit ROI before the next batch is out unless the price of SC goes up.
lestat2k7

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 04:39:23 PM

We are pretty much screwed.  It will be hard to hit ROI before the next batch is out unless the price of SC goes up.

How long has the first batch out for? Also do you guys think people will get the next batch miners? It seems it will be worse in profit and the miner price is the same, even though I think the price should be adjusted.
QuintLeo
Legendary

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 10:17:48 PM

I am shocked it hasn't dropped lower already.
 Either the first batch was very small, or Bitmain is being slow about getting them shipped out.

SIA total network hashrate was so small prior to the A3 introduction that a 3000-unit batch of A3 models SHOULD have done a lot more to the total hashrate than has happened so far.

invisiblefriend321

Activity: 174

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 01:02:38 AM

Either the first batch was very small, or Bitmain is being slow about getting them shipped out.

SIA total network hashrate was so small prior to the A3 introduction that a 3000-unit batch of A3 models SHOULD have done a lot more to the total hashrate than has happened so far.

Slow at getting out

I have one being delivered tmro -- and the 2nd-- still no tracking !!!!

not even 1 day hashing $500 lol too good 2 b true of course  !  Huh Grin Wink
mattyforcrypto

Activity: 166

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 01:28:45 AM

Yeah, that's what everybody predicted and that's what has to come when the difficulty is such low and so much hashpower is suddenly available in the network.

Sad for those who ordered and still did not get their miners. Me in Germany I guess if I ordered one it would have reached the customs now and in 2 weeks I would get a letter about the fact that there is something I need to pick up from the customs. Even If i paid the customs before there would be heavy delays.

Haha, this is really sad, but also so true, glad I didn't order one. Even more glad I got my Payoutlimit with GPUmining before the ASICs came and didn't waste a month.

Really curious how the price will change and if it's better to just hodl or leave the shipwreck
ASIC Miners

Activity: 26

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 02:05:44 AM

Hey man! love your videos and such. Are your L3+s still profitable? I ordered one for the March batch a while ago, and of course the difficulty is going to sky rocket.
MiningDoc

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 02:12:21 AM

Hey man! love your videos and such. Are your L3+s still profitable? I ordered one for the March batch a while ago, and of course the difficulty is going to sky rocket.

L3+ is becoming less and less profitable daily.  Currently a little over $10 a day.  So if your electricity is cheap, they are still nice and profitable.  However, if you live in So Cal like me where power rates are horrendous, then I think I might have another 30 days or so of mining before it's a wash.

STATIK

Activity: 162

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:53:31 AM

I'd pull that trigger tonight for $980 instead...
STATIK

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:07:41 AM

Where are you getting this number of 3000 units released of A3?
MiningDoc

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:28:49 AM

Where are you getting this number of 3000 units released of A3?

If you look at the Sia total hashrate it says that about 9,500 - 10,000 A3's are hashing away right now.  I think all GPU miners probably dropped out.

khash4u

Activity: 97

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 08:12:55 AM

where do you see such amount of SC on sale? I've been trying to invest in top 50 tokens but their purchase are ether closed or very limited.

On crypto exchanges of course
Checkout  Bittrex
https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-SC

Join Binance Exchange today with instant trading on all major crypto tokens 0.1% Trade Fee.
24h Withdrawal Limit:2BTC for unverified accounts  /  Verified accounts  24h Withdrawal Limit:100BTC
BINANCE Worlds largest Exchange
achib

Activity: 51

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 08:42:34 AM

Take a look:

looks like all of batch 1 is working now ..  now lets mine and hope not to much baikal giant b's coming up Wink
luckily my a3's arrived at the 17th of january so i roi'd already ..

bet101

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 03:02:18 PM

Take a look:

looks like all of batch 1 is working now ..  now lets mine and hope not to much baikal giant b's coming up Wink

Lucky you!!! I made 520 USD in 6 days!!! DHL took 5 days to deliver my miner!! What a gang of mother@#$!!!
VoskCoin
Copper Member

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 03:05:08 PM

Take a look:

Giant B's are pointless to point at siacoin imo
https://youtu.be/fB33Om_WON0

dmch387688

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 03:07:12 PM

so here is my issue.  I have a mar 15 batch I bought off Ebay for $2400.   I can cancell the sale tomorrow but I have reservations about screwing up the sellers sale....maybe I'm looking to hard at this.   What do you say ?  Cancell and get my $2400 back?  If so any better ideas on what to spend it on hardware wise?  I'm duel mining ETH and Sia.   Took me about a month to mine 500 Sia with 4 1080TI cards.   Should i stop dual mining and just mine ETH?   Thanks
dlezama

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 03:13:57 PM

so here is my issue.  I have a mar 15 batch I bought off Ebay for $2400.   I can cancell the sale tomorrow but I have reservations about screwing up the sellers sale....maybe I'm looking to hard at this.   What do you say ?  Cancell and get my $2400 back?  If so any better ideas on what to spend it on hardware wise?  I'm duel mining ETH and Sia.   Took me about a month to mine 500 Sia with 4 1080TI cards.   Should i stop dual mining and just mine ETH?   Thanks
WTF? March 15 for $2400? They were for sale today on bitmain's site for $980, not hard to grab either, available for hours.
dmch387688

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:54:28 PM

shit.......i see what you mean........I'm going to cancel the sale wish me luck....
ThugB33

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:13:24 PM

shit.......i see what you mean........I'm going to cancel the sale wish me luck....

I would never do that to my bay account! In 15-years still 100% buyer satisfaction and my A3 got sold in less than 30min!
dmch387688

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:33:06 PM

you would never do what?  cancel a sale?Huh   I have over 500 sales on ebay and all posative feedback.......I think i can take one negative!
webcoin18

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 06:09:47 PM

Also, A3 has been available for three hours today (distributed over the entire day) and is available for $ 980 just as we speak.
STATIK

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:15:17 PM

If you have the option to cancel that means they're aware it may happen..
MickDaster

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 10:50:59 PM

relax, if you are first in the line you can always profit and this is long term investment, everyone knew that it will stop doing 500$ very quickly

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
almost30

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:58:34 PM

in stock $980  Cheesy  Shipping:March 15-22

https://shop.bitmain.com/productDetail.htm?pid=00020180129095202674bwQAJFdr06CB

i hate ASIC  Miner Angry
dmatthewstewart

Activity: 437
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 12:52:42 AM

Take a look:

So Vosk, whats that Antminer doing today? Looks like 1,000 Sia every 24hrs. Am I doing the math right? Because it looks like a big drop in a week as far as daily earnings. Im prob doing the math wrong

madcow1713

Activity: 53

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 01:01:44 AM

About right. Mine is doing around 1k daily. A far cry from $500 a day but ROI is reasonable until Bitmain start firing up their March batches for 'testing' or another company's asic hits the mean crypto-streets.
VoskCoin
Copper Member

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 01:12:46 AM

Take a look:

So Vosk, whats that Antminer doing today? Looks like 1,000 Sia every 24hrs. Am I doing the math right? Because it looks like a big drop in a week as far as daily earnings. Im prob doing the math wrong

1000 sc a day basically / ~$34 usd
can watch it here -> https://goo.gl/S3o5Yz

Nomadicminer

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 01:21:36 AM

Guys watch out for the A3, bitmain is manipulating the difficulty. After seeing the A3 staying in stock they prolly disconnected their miners to make it profitable again so they can sell their march batch. yesterday it was doing 17$ a day, and after Bitmain put their March batch for sale the difficulty went to -50%. I bet that after selling out all the A3 the difficulty will double again.

madcow1713

Activity: 53

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 01:39:56 AM

Yup. Until about 2 or three other companies release asics Bitmain will have full control. (or fork but yeah.....)
VoskCoin
Copper Member

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 02:08:05 AM

Guys watch out for the A3, bitmain is manipulating the difficulty. After seeing the A3 staying in stock they prolly disconnected their miners to make it profitable again so they can sell their march batch. yesterday it was doing 17$ a day, and after Bitmain put their March batch for sale the difficulty went to -50%. I bet that after selling out all the A3 the difficulty will double again.

This is complete FUD

Review my payout history and feast your eyes upon facts
https://goo.gl/S3o5Yz

notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 02:08:51 AM

If you already paid I believe you will need seller to agree and to cancel it on their side. I doubt seller will do this on their own.   If you have not paid the bigger thing then the feedback is you get counted as a non-payment buyer.  If it happens multiple times it can hurt your account ( https://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/unpaid-item.html ).

I know it stinks with news of new price.  But you really should go through with buying it.  
STATIK

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 02:19:16 AM

They'd get the fork for that they have been warned they know better, I assume second batch is $980 because the fear this created dipping the sales. Will they do the same with Decred? If they do I believe they do deserve to get knocked around a little
QuintLeo
Legendary

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 02:36:34 AM

Or could it be that the "second batch" WAS Bitmain's "internal mining use" machines and they decided to dump them out while there was still a market for them?

Nah....

They dropped the price BECAUSE profitability died - VERY OLD pricing tactic on the part of Bitmain.

b3ny97

Activity: 20

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 02:53:38 AM

I just got my A3 today....so what's the best pool for SC right now?
momitonkageru

Activity: 6

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 03:10:10 AM

http://sv1.upsieutoc.com/2018/02/01/Capture17bf0962d5c710f8.md.png
Now . Profit 4$/day . HAHAHAHA
greyday

Activity: 406
Merit: 51

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 03:14:29 AM

No idea what hashrate you entered in there, but mine is currently doing about $35/day. You may have entered the hashrate in MH, not GH...
mbmtechnologyvn

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 03:17:02 AM

Its logo is same Bitbase (Scam)
greyday

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 03:17:56 AM

I like luxor. They pay out regularly and have a good interface, plus they are large but not the dominant and they donate back to the SIA devs.

sia.luxor.tech
VegasJeff

Activity: 41

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 03:22:54 AM

Or could it be that the "second batch" WAS Bitmain's "internal mining use" machines and they decided to dump them out while there was still a market for them?

Nah....

They dropped the price BECAUSE profitability died - VERY OLD pricing tactic on the part of Bitmain.

Makes me scared to buy an ASIC unless I can get one in the very first batch like VoskCoin did.
b3ny97

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 03:27:46 AM

I like luxor. They pay out regularly and have a good interface, plus they are large but not the dominant and they donate back to the SIA devs.

sia.luxor.tech
thx for the info
dlezama

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 03:44:53 AM

https://siamining.com/
Tekno2020

<<<-----( )----->>>

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 04:39:32 AM

What the heck u talking about?   The difficulty algorithm is trying very hard to reduce the difficulty in oder to target a 10 minute block discovery cycle.  ASICs caused the network hash rate to increase and block times to go back to 30 minutes.  I expect A3 to be mining 1200-1600 SC a day within a week. Right now it is mining ~1000 SC a day.

Gotta be level headed.  You see people freakin out all over the place, fire selling their miners etc.   By my calcs, most batch 1 A3 buyers will have ROI'd by the time the 2nd A3 batch comes online in late March.  Then profits reduced from ~$30-50/day to $10-20/day assuming SC price stays around these levels.

~The Annointed One~ 
ThugB33

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 11:00:56 AM

Gotta be level headed.  You see people freakin out all over the place, fire selling their miners etc.   By my calcs, most batch 1 A3 buyers will have ROI'd by the time the 2nd A3 batch comes online in late March.  Then profits reduced from ~$30-50/day to $10-20/day assuming SC price stays around these levels.

There wont be any profit in march anymore. U'll just waste the electricity just to be lvl headed Smiley 
Nomadicminer

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 02:39:14 PM

There wont be any profit in march anymore. U'll just waste the electricity just to be lvl headed Smiley 

That’s what i think also, we will see in march how the A3 is doing. Hope people dont get screwed. Till then mine on!
oliver1975

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 04:28:16 PM

what did you say...

the profit is (not in $...) 1050 Sc per day... if the SC increase to 0.04 $ more than 40$ a day... pffff... troll...

https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2018/05/4/1517499076-siamininng-1.png

COINKING84

Activity: 267

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 05:32:04 PM

some guy sold his chickens for this crappy miner, very sad.
Tekno2020

<<<-----( )----->>>

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 06:19:45 PM

what did you say...

the profit is (not in $...) 1050 Sc per day... if the SC increase to 0.04 $ more than 40$ a day... pffff... troll...

Funny,,, bunch of FUD trolls on here.  At the moment A3 is one of most profitable bitmain miners out there.  Now that may only last a few weeks, but the numbers dont lie.

~The Annointed One~ 
QuintLeo
Legendary

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:38:18 PM

Nah....

Makes me scared to buy an ASIC unless I can get one in the very first batch like VoskCoin did.

Unless it's an algorithm with a LONG ESTABLISHED ASIC presence like SHA256 (Bitcoin and such) or Scrypt (Litecoin among others), it IS a huge risk past the first batch of the first ASIC miner for an algorithm.

It helps a lot and reduces the risk factor quite a bit to have very low electric cost - then you can still make SOME money when other folks are losing it.

b3ny97

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 02:08:17 AM

I am new to this whole thing about antminer.
This is my screenshoot of my antminer A3. It is still safe that the chip temps reach up to 90 C?

Also what software can we use to monitor our A3 from outside computer ?
http://i65.tinypic.com/21ers43.png

MickDaster

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 02:46:42 AM

keep mining it, maybe one day we will see siacoin hit 1$ or maybe not  Grin

VoskCoin
Copper Member

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 03:14:41 AM

difficulty adjustment taking some effect or miners panic resold in transit as earnings are up ~20% in SC ..obviously not USD

https://siamining.com/addresses/e6374ba7874a7c441d277320f99398a39999179dfa26932aa38291f18487b564d8953a17efa2

STATIK

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 06:57:42 AM

difficulty adjustment taking some effect or miners panic resold in transit as earnings are up ~20% in SC ..obviously not USD

https://siamining.com/addresses/e6374ba7874a7c441d277320f99398a39999179dfa26932aa38291f18487b564d8953a17efa2
Glad to see this return bruh, I got mine today haven't hooked it yet happy mining  Wink
SIN3R6Y

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 07:19:57 AM

Guys can we stop the miner FUD?

Global hashrate is around 8P right now, which means there were roughly 10K A3's released in batch one. Block time is still around 20 min's, this has been decreasing and will hit 10 min soon. Right now profitability is near 1300SC/day which should be near 2600SC/day when the block time corrects in a few days time.

Until batch 2, 2600SC/day should be stable. If batch 2 is also near 10K units this will halve to 1300SC/day which is still $30 ish per day at current price. If batch 2 is 20K units then we should be seeing around 650SC/day or $15 ish/day at current price.

So the only way batch 2 stands to not be profitable is if there is a major crash in sia price or more than 20K units are shipped. Is it the $600/day that people were getting on day one, no. But it will still likely be one of Bitmain's most profitable miners until batch 3.
greyday

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 07:27:02 AM

This is my screenshoot of my antminer A3. It is still safe that the chip temps reach up to 90 C?

90 is a bit high, you may want to manually set your fan. Start at 95% and lower until you feel comfortable (also note that these machines are buggy and sometimes a simple power cycle will have it running a little cooler).

I have mine running in a cold (50-55F) basement with the fan set to 90 and the clock set to 631 and the hottest chips are running just under 80C. Which is still slightly uncomfortable for me, but since it ran stock at 84C so I'm cool with it. 90 is worrying, though, and I'd try upping your fan speed.
Marvell2

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 10:00:54 AM

Global hashrate is around 8P right now, which means there were roughly 10K A3's released in batch one. Block time is still around 20 min's, this has been decreasing and will hit 10 min soon. Right now profitability is near 1300SC/day which should be near 2600SC/day when the block time corrects in a few days time.

Until batch 2, 2600SC/day should be stable. If batch 2 is also near 10K units this will halve to 1300SC/day which is still $30 ish per day at current price. If batch 2 is 20K units then we should be seeing around 650SC/day or $15 ish/day at current price.

So the only way batch 2 stands to not be profitable is if there is a major crash in sia price or more than 20K units are shipped. Is it the $600/day that people were getting on day one, no. But it will still likely be one of Bitmain's most profitable miners until batch 3.
I wish i could trust your calcs i would buy two more units. but idk
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 10:34:16 AM

As what i seen and calculate the profit right now is $34 per day maybe when the first release of A3 miner the profit for siacoin is awesome compare to other and the price is really too cheap..  and now the difficulty increases i think the profit will also decrease..
VoskCoin
Copper Member

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 02:00:48 PM

This is a more accurate prediction imo ^

Profit as measured in SC up 40% /// I'm not saying or advising or recommending to buy an A3, simply bringing FACTS for you to make your own informed decisions and understand the basic fact that bitmain will saturate a market to the 10-20 usd per earnings imo every time

VoskCoin
Copper Member

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 02:01:31 PM

Glad to see this return bruh, I got mine today haven't hooked it yet happy mining  Wink
cheers Cheesy hope its a profitable for you!

b3ny97

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 02:36:45 PM

http://i65.tinypic.com/21ers43.png

90 is a bit high, you may want to manually set your fan. Start at 95% and lower until you feel comfortable (also note that these machines are buggy and sometimes a simple power cycle will have it running a little cooler).

I have mine running in a cold (50-55F) basement with the fan set to 90 and the clock set to 631 and the hottest chips are running just under 80C. Which is still slightly uncomfortable for me, but since it ran stock at 84C so I'm cool with it. 90 is worrying, though, and I'd try upping your fan speed.
How to manually adjusting the fan ?
Hendrikclaasen

Activity: 47

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 03:29:26 PM

@VoskCoin

What freq do you run your A3?  What are your temps?
greenfailure

Activity: 150

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 04:37:06 PM

How to manually adjusting the fan ?

under the main miner settings tab click the 'manual fan' control box, and set the % you want it to run at. I run all my Bitmain ASICs at 100%, never have had issues.

Owner/Operator of LARGEST Greater Toronto Area mining operation.

BUY BITCOIN
Tekno2020

<<<-----( )----->>>

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 04:44:28 PM

I wish i could trust your calcs i would buy two more units. but idk

Don't trust anybodys calcs.... you have to do your own.   The devs may have a better idea about the structure of the difficulty algo and where the difficulty where level off.... but you have to do your own calcs.  There are plenty of unknowns, like Bitmain's batch sizes.   The folks at Obelisk disclosed their batch sizes which makes it easier to estimate difficulty and profitability, but look what happened to them.  

~The Annointed One~ 
greenfailure

Activity: 150

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 04:51:12 PM
Merited by VoskCoin (1)

@VoskCoin

What freq do you run your A3?  What are your temps?

figured id add mine:

3x A3's running at 700 OC, temps in the 40-50c range consistently. Fan running at 100%.

Miners running in sub-zero canadian winter ^_^

Here's one of the 3
https://siamining.com/addresses/84a648188182de2187abc2548a992cdda69e7421657570f7144c8b70e7d916af9247e706ae09

Owner/Operator of LARGEST Greater Toronto Area mining operation.

BUY BITCOIN
VoskCoin
Copper Member

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 05:14:06 PM

@VoskCoin

What freq do you run your A3?  What are your temps?

freq 644 and I do not recommend overclocking in full disclosure etc whatever Cheesy

/ full dash https://imgur.com/sN20uA7

/ miner pulls in outside air currently around 40 f

nsummy

Activity: 812
Merit: 115

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 05:29:41 PM

sia.luxor.tech

I would recommend anyone who is thinking about mining at Luxor read this first:  https://medium.com/@nitronick600/message-to-nebulous-labs-7c42df1f86d5   I mined there for a few days, thinking I was doing my civic duty to spread the hashrate and support the devs.  Then my eyes were opened.
nsummy

Activity: 812
Merit: 115

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 05:34:04 PM

The only people spreading fud are the ones who didn't get in on the initial order and/or are too broke to buy one for 1000 bucks.  I don't think anyone is going to get rich buying a 2nd batch A3 but they will most likely make handsome profit.  It is certainly no worse than buying a 1080ti right now.
Hendrikclaasen

Activity: 47

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 05:40:03 PM

@VoskCoin

freq 644 and I do not recommend overclocking in full disclosure etc whatever Cheesy

https://i.imgur.com/lUT9XOJl.png

Thx - think it is winter where you are......  we are in mid summer and with the default settings my temps are in the 88-92 range.... think I will not try the overclocking....
greyday

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 11:54:15 PM

sia.luxor.tech

I would recommend anyone who is thinking about mining at Luxor read this first:  https://medium.com/@nitronick600/message-to-nebulous-labs-7c42df1f86d5   I mined there for a few days, thinking I was doing my civic duty to spread the hashrate and support the devs.  Then my eyes were opened.

I read that before I even got my miner. I see no problem with it, and in fact support many aspects of it.
greyday

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 11:57:16 PM

@VoskCoin

I'm running 631 @ 88% fans currently (100 makes an annoying vibration in my floor). Running fine, temps in the mid to high 70s (pulling cold basement air), though I am still baffled by the whole "if you reboot, your temperatures change by 5-10 degrees" thing.
b3ny97

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 11:59:37 PM

anyone using Luxor ? they use PPLNS now. I still get 0 SC on my balance since the last payout ( approx 2 hours ago). Is there a way to know what our current balance is ?
greyday

View Profile