Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:14:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: what would it take for bitcoin to rise again?  (Read 208 times)
vince212 (OP)

Activity: 306
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 12:50:23 AM

what kind of news do you think will trigger a bitcoin pump
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 12:53:50 AM

Hitting the reset button on the casual investors' memories, getting a bunch of news in favor of Bitcoin and a heavy dose of holding and market manipulation and there's a high chance that you'll see the pump you want.

Keep in mind that for a large part of the recent rise it was because everyone and their mom who owned Bitcoin prior to the pump was holding as tightly as they could, causing a restriction in the supply which was completely artificial and unsustainable in the long term. This attracted more individuals and the FOMO began to spread across the internet, prompting more money and new people to invest, causing a bubble. Then the market began to slide as some holders sold, and then it sold more, then more rapidly, etc., to where we are now.
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 12:59:33 AM

Pretty much anything could. A few months back, there was a lot of talk of people moving their retirement savings and even their home equity into Bitcoin. When you see that happening, you probably want to take some profits. Pumps happen because for whatever reason people believe they'll be able to sell later at a higher price than whatever they are buying it for now, and then lots of people get in on the buying frenzy. I actually don't like all that volatility. There are better ways to make good money in the cryptocurrency industry than buying at one price and selling at another. But at this rate it will take a hundred years for most people to figure that out.
coinsontheroad

Activity: 336

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 01:02:51 AM

I think nothing shy of "lightening network solves bitcoin problems" will suffice. Until we see lower transaction fees and slower wait times, we're going to be stuck at this level.

vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 01:05:29 AM

When the majority of people and many merchant/exchanges already accepted Segwit wallet, and when Lightning network is being implemented to the Bitcoin network. I'm sure both things will come soon or later and it will be huge. I believe it will affect the Bitcoin popularity and indirectly drove the prices up.
Anti-Cen

Activity: 210
Merit: 26

High fees = low BTC price

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 01:06:54 AM

it won't rise and the whales are heading for the doors and hoping no one panics until they
have managed to at least cross the street.

Cats got out the bang me thinks about the proposed "Lightning Network" being nothing
more than a network of banks that the development team tried to call hubs so please try
to walk and don't run

Mining is CPU-wars and Intel, AMD like it nearly as much as big oil likes miners wasting electricity. Is this what mankind has come too.
Hanablue

Activity: 204

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 01:08:00 AM

I think once the Korean exchange bans news ends, and the Indian bank accounts for exchanges reopen then bitcoin will be back to 15K +.
Anti-Cen

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 01:12:52 AM

I think nothing shy of "lightening network solves bitcoin problems" will suffice. Until we see lower transaction fees and slower wait times, we're going to be stuck at this level.

it's too late brother, Joe six pack witnessed fees rising to $55 per transaction just to send $1.00 and
won't be coming to this bar to drink or play the games because the table has magnets under it.

Worse then that the whales know that the cat is out the bag about Lightning being nothing but
a network of private ledgers and banks they called hubs and they are slowly heading for the exit
doors without trying to start a panic.

oh you think I am joking then here is the paper, read it yourself
https://lightning.network/lightning-network-paper.pdf

I am not a religious man but i am trying to save you !

Mining is CPU-wars and Intel, AMD like it nearly as much as big oil likes miners wasting electricity. Is this what mankind has come too.
Anti-Cen

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 01:15:30 AM

I think once the Korean exchange bans news ends, and the Indian bank accounts for exchanges reopen then bitcoin will be back to 15K +.

I am not sure that even Jesus can save you and I never got to church

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 01:15:41 AM

Bitcoin doesn't pump on news. It only falls on it. Bad news is immediate. Good news is usually long term. The 'good news' pumps last year such as Segwit2x failing were bad news averted pumps.

It pumps because there are more buyers than sellers. That's about it.
gambitcoin53

Activity: 378
Merit: 25

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 01:16:12 AM

i think a massive campaign thru television and internet media like facebook and twitter will play a tremendous part of bitcoin to be on top of other crypto, if we can be observant, look at facebook ads regarding other cryptocurrencies that came popping up new coins, look where they are now, they become competitive alternative coins. let us encourage investors to hold on to their bitcoin, do not sell for maybe a couple of weeks, surely bitcoin price will soar up.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
darkfox12

Activity: 56
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 01:17:26 AM

All the FUD needs to die down and let BTC rise steadily again.
cryptokingdom

Activity: 236
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 01:22:15 AM

I think news of mass adoption of bitcoin will trigger the price of bitcoin.

TelegramTwitter ❰❰❰❰❰❰  TERRAGREEN  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ Reddit  ● Medium
●●● ▬▬ Facebook  ❰❰❰  Blockchain Based Renewable Energy Platform  ❱❱❱  LinkedIn ▬▬ ●●●
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●  GREENPAPER  ●  ICO Website  ●  ANN THREAD  ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Thecryptocurrency09

Activity: 346

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 01:25:44 AM

I do not think there is something or factor we need to rise bitcoin. We all know how stable it is and all that we can do is to wait. This could be a disciplone bitcoin could give to us. Well in fact this is a good thing. Bitcoin doesn't stop giving or lose somwthing we have but it keeps on giving as something. Though we almost stop believing, it still teach us to look for a hope that this would be okay in a right time.
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 01:30:12 AM

There are no Korean exchange bans. There are regulations, but no bans.

Back on topic, I think Bitcoin's value is ready to rise again. Whatever was causing the month-long transaction backlog has ended, and fees are starting to settle down. The network clogging debacle also raised awareness of Segwit, so we should be a little better off in the future. I don't expect any explosive growth in value anytime soon though, not until the Lightning Network is ready for mainstream use at least.

reck1ess

Activity: 350
Merit: 30

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 01:40:19 AM

News... Hmm... Facebook or google accepting bitcoin as their cryptocurrency or Lightning network, maybe? If the transaction fee goes back to normal i think it will be able to pump.

donte872

Activity: 129

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 01:49:04 AM

I think that bitcoin and the cryptocurrency market are waiting for good signals from the market to bring back value again, which is also the general psychology of investors after a period of too strong decline of the market. If some countries publicly accept bitcoin for exchange then I think bitcoin will surely grow again, then the entire crypto market will flourish.
Bonsaiav

Activity: 602
Merit: 118

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 02:12:57 AM

I propose that the steps listed below are useful.
1. Buy 'bitcoin' in bulk, or 'PANIC BUY',
2. Forcing 'big whales' to buy bitcoin as it did in Dec. 2017.
3. Fix 'high transaction fees' in order to get back low.

I think the three ways are very precise, and if is successfully realized, I`m sure investor interest in bitcoin will be higher again.

Anti-Cen

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 02:30:02 AM

I propose that the steps listed below are useful.
1. Buy 'bitcoin' in bulk, or 'PANIC BUY',
2. Forcing 'big whales' to buy bitcoin as it did in Dec. 2017.
3. Fix 'high transaction fees' in order to get back low.

I think the three ways are very precise, and if is successfully realized, I`m sure investor interest in bitcoin will be higher again.
No man you need to buy some of them ICO things your selling from Iceland because the polar bears are getting cold out in the
snow and need warming up via CPU-Wars but what, what is this I notice............wot you is begging for money on the site .........
..... wot and you don't mind Ripple ........ it, not do Minning ... rip of.... ri.. f

Please speak slowly, get the grammer rrrright be cus it's cold ear
you're breaking up............. yes I got your nnnmmbera .............bears are hungr...y ..............£$%^£& ..

GirlBitcoin

Dronair Best Operating For Cargo Robotics Industry

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 02:37:17 AM

Companies are looking for better ways to use Blockchain's capabilities, instead of relying on the business interests of cryptocurrency. At present, some companies have come up with solutions to improve some traditional business activities, which will create good confidence from investors and the possibility of the market rebound is enormous.
sidebyside

Activity: 245

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 02:43:18 AM

I think to increase the bitcoin value as before. We need the influence of the media. bitcoin costs will return to low levels. It will promote the transaction with bitcoin. Bitcoin users continue to buy large amounts of bitcoin. Some countries banning bitcoin will break the ban. The main measures to increase the value of bitcoin back

Spanopohlo

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

Aim High! Bow Low!

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 02:47:01 AM

I think the kind of news that will pump BItcoin to rise again is the kind of news that will motivate them to Invest in bitcoin and encourage other people to Learn cryptocurrency leading to more investors. There is also that kind of news that will instantly Sky rocket its value through reporting that BTC is constantly on the rise dominating all other coins. So, there are different news to help bitcoin run full speed, it just needs the right investors.

Meysa_richa

Activity: 458

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 03:25:54 AM

The bitcoin prices are currently receding at lower levels than when peaked first, it is currently when the news is good news to raise the price of bitcoin, I think the news about the bitcoin that can be recognized and official in a large and developed country will definitely affect rising bitcoin prices, especially China and other countries.
armansolis593

Activity: 182

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 06:06:58 AM

The news that bitcoin will have a really huge will be.

1. Bitcoins network has become stable again thus making the fees drop around $1-$2 per transaction and there will be no more longer waiting time for the transaction to be receive.

2. Various government finally accepted the concept of bitcoin thus making it as a commodity.

These type of news will trigger a huge pump in bitcoins price and will probably the big thing since internet came out.
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: