Bitcoin Forum
October 18, 2018, 01:04:41 PM *
News: Make sure you are not using versions of Bitcoin Core other than 0.17.0 [Torrent], 0.16.3, 0.15.2, or 0.14.3. More info.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CEX.İO | Didn't receive my money more than 5 weeks!  (Read 111 times)
sshaqq32

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 10:28:55 AM

Hi guys,

I'd like to share my experience with Cex.io about my withdrawal request and their customer service quality to give an idea to the ones who's considering to use this site.

My user id ıs: up111871181

on 17 December 2017 I had 6.565$ on my cex.io account. I created a withdrawal request via bank transfer (which has 50$ fee). 3 days after my request (20 December 2017) I received an e-mail from Cex.io that says "Your withdrawal request has been successfully processed." And when I check my account on the site my request shown as completed on my transactions tab.

However I check my bank account every day after I got their confirmation mail there wasn't any transactions. Then I created a ticket to send their support team which includes all the details. On 27 December 2017  I also contacted to my bank to see if there's any pending deposit transactions on my account but there was nothing at all.

From 20 December 2017 until today (which is 24 January 2018) I've send maybe 10 tickets to their support team and the only decent answer I got was that "they escalated my issue to the concerned department" on 2 January 2018 (which didn't provide any solutions so far as well).

So, to sum up the situation I didn't receive my own money from this site more than 5 weeks now and didn't even receive a decent online support(mostly automatic answers). So, my suggestion to anyone who's thinking to use this site: Think twice or even more before you do it!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
olubams

Activity: 742
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 11:07:05 AM

Hi guys,

I'd like to share my experience with Cex.io about my withdrawal request and their customer service quality to give an idea to the ones who's considering to use this site.

on 17 December 2017 I had 6.565$ on my cex.io account. I created a withdrawal request via bank transfer (which has 50$ fee). 3 days after my request (20 December 2017) I received an e-mail from Cex.io that says "Your withdrawal request has been successfully processed." And when I check my account on the site my request shown as completed on my transactions tab.

However I check my bank account every day after I got their confirmation mail there wasn't any transactions. Then I created a ticket to send their support team which includes all the details. On 27 December 2017  I also contacted to my bank to see if there's any pending deposit transactions on my account but there was nothing at all.

From 20 December 2017 until today (which is 24 January 2018) I've send maybe 10 tickets to their support team and the only decent answer I got was that "they escalated my issue to the concerned department" on 2 January 2018 (which didn't provide any solutions so far as well).

So, to sum up the situation I didn't receive my own money from this site more than 5 weeks now and didn't even receive a decent online support(mostly automatic answers). So, my suggestion to anyone who's thinking to use this site: Think twice or even more before you do it!

If I am getting this right, you have a little above six dollars and you try to withdraw it but there is a fee of fifty dollars but there is no way your balance will take care of the fee based on what you have there because your account would have been in red that the system cannot transfer but because its a bot that is doing all of those processes especially small amount, that is why its saying it has been completed even though nothing has been sent. If that is not the case, then you will need to reach them on social media.

▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████
  ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
 ▄███████▀   ▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████▄▄▄████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████████
█████████   ▄▄▄▄   ▀███████
█████████   █████   ███████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   █████   ██████▀
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ███▀▀   █████▀
      ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▀
     █████████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
Bitcoin Air 

█      ███
█      ███
  ██
  ██  ███
  ██  ███
  ██  ███
      ███
█  ██
  ███
█  ██
  ███
   ██
  ███
█  ██  ███
█  ██  ███
█  ██
....MEDIUM....
.....GITHUB....
.....REDDIT....
     ██  █
███  ██  █
███  ██
███  ██  █
███  ██  █
███  ██  █
███      █
███  ██ 
███  ██ 
     ██ 
███
  ██ 
███
  ██ 
     ██

sshaqq32

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 11:20:05 AM

Hi guys,

If I am getting this right, you have a little above six dollars and you try to withdraw it but there is a fee of fifty dollars but there is no way your balance will take care of the fee based on what you have there because your account would have been in red that the system cannot transfer but because its a bot that is doing all of those processes especially small amount, that is why its saying it has been completed even though nothing has been sent. If that is not the case, then you will need to reach them on social media.

I'm afraid you didn't exactly get it right. I mentioned $6.5k ($6.565) which used to worth around 0.35 BTC when I turned my crypto to usd.
jhenfelipe

Activity: 952
Merit: 550

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 06:56:32 PM

The problem here is the transaction was recorded as Completed in the site yet you still haven't received it. That would be really frustrating in the part of the user. Have you tried contacting CEX account here? Tell him that few weeks have passed already and still no update after this "they escalated my issue to the concerned department". Sending them a tweet (@cex_io) might help too.

Several threads are popping out about CEX.IO these days, I wonder how many tickets are they receiving.
admissions

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 07:20:53 PM

The problem here is the transaction was recorded as Completed in the site yet you still haven't received it. That would be really frustrating in the part of the user. Have you tried contacting CEX account here? Tell him that few weeks have passed already and still no update after this "they escalated my issue to the concerned department". Sending them a tweet (@cex_io) might help too.

Several threads are popping out about CEX.IO these days, I wonder how many tickets are they receiving.

They are receiving a lot. But that is no excuse of this poor service they should be employing others to deal with these sort of problems. I've had a ticket in the support queue for around 3 weeks now and it looks like I'll be waiting at least another 2/3 weeks to even get a response.
pinkflower

Activity: 728
Merit: 259

Burst - Proof of Capacity

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:06:04 AM

Sshaqq32, keep sending support tickets and bug them, but your requests should always be as civil and be as polite as possible, or else they will ignore you.

Another way to get their attention is via social media. It would be embarrassing for them not to help you.
Potato Chips

Merit: 333

:thinking:

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:18:07 AM

Since you transacted with USD, The update below should apply to you (i think). Now, If you didn't get refunded you should shoot a PM on @Cex. That guy is usually active here so you'll get a reply within a day or so...

We understand your concerns and we kindly ask for an apology for the delays in payment processing. Nevertheless, it does not depends on us but rather on our payment partner. They are currently overloaded with requests and do not manage to process them properly.
As for now, the payments in USD and GBP are rejected and the funds are turned back to users' accounts. Furthermore, we would like to inform that wire USD and GBP transactions will be temporarily disabled on the platform.
We will do our best to ensure that the all the users receive their funds in full.

I also shooted a PM on him to reply on your thread just in case.

CEX
Legendary

Activity: 1123
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 10:13:45 AM

As we can see from your ticket, the Finance department has got in contact with our bank to investigate the issue with your withdrawal. There is nothing more we can do at the moment without having the information from the bank. As soon as we receive it, we will update you.

Buy/sell BTC and ETH using your Visa/Mastercard. Instant payments, low fees, worldwide coverage, 100% secure. Register
Join Bitcoin Affiliate program! Invite users and get 30% lifetime bonus. Join now
sshaqq32

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 12:26:42 PM

I appreciate the answers and the suggestions guys! if my issue wouldn't be solved soon (I believe I've already waited enough tho) I'll take your advice and I'll move this matter to social media and I'll do my best to make as many as possible people to hear about that.. Since their representative replied to this thread and inform me about the updates (which their support team didn't) I think I should wait a couple of days more.

Once again thanks for all the answers..
olubams

Activity: 742
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 10:22:52 PM

I'm afraid you didn't exactly get it right. I mentioned $6.5k ($6.565) which used to worth around 0.35 BTC when I turned my crypto to usd.

I am sorry that to have assumed such because if the absence of "k" in the earlier message. It surprising the cex.io guy can come here and give explanation despite that the ticket is being closed without even solving the issue at hand but its all good that they even responded and if they won't pay it, they should rather return the fund into the account then you decide what you want to do. I fully agree with the next step you are planning to take.

▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████
  ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
 ▄███████▀   ▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████▄▄▄████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████████
█████████   ▄▄▄▄   ▀███████
█████████   █████   ███████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   █████   ██████▀
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ███▀▀   █████▀
      ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▀
     █████████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
Bitcoin Air 

█      ███
█      ███
  ██
  ██  ███
  ██  ███
  ██  ███
      ███
█  ██
  ███
█  ██
  ███
   ██
  ███
█  ██  ███
█  ██  ███
█  ██
....MEDIUM....
.....GITHUB....
.....REDDIT....
     ██  █
███  ██  █
███  ██
███  ██  █
███  ██  █
███  ██  █
███      █
███  ██ 
███  ██ 
     ██ 
███
  ██ 
███
  ██ 
     ██

timerland

Activity: 924
Merit: 538

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 12:00:14 AM

It seems like the majority or even every single one of the fiat currency withdrawals being requested on cex.io is getting delays. So yours being pending for 5 weeks isn't really a surprise anymore. They've even made public announcements about this.

According to cex there is nothing else they can do, since it's a problem with their processing bank, and there's a bunch of other people that have been notified that their transactions have gone through but received 0 funds.

What you can do though, is write a ticket or pm cex.io on bitcointalk about how you can resolve this sooner. One of the solutions could be getting your balance back by cancelling the pending withdrawal. After that you can sell your USD on the open market and get BTC.

pinkflower

Merit: 259

Burst - Proof of Capacity

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:32:29 AM

As we can see from your ticket, the Finance department has got in contact with our bank to investigate the issue with your withdrawal. There is nothing more we can do at the moment without having the information from the bank. As soon as we receive it, we will update you.

Now this is something you dont want to hear from a bank. sshaqq32, it would have been better if you made your withdrawal in BTC and then made smaller withdrawals by using locabitcoins.com or some exchange that deposits your money over the counter.

The banks are becoming stricter in monitoring wire transfers lately.
Slow death

Activity: 980
Merit: 615

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 09:27:56 AM

I already had this same problem with paypal. I transferred my money to paypal and from paypal to my bank card, but the money never arrived and when I complained with paypal they told me that: ask for my bank. when I went to ask for information from my bank, my bank told me that they did not know anything... and I lost my money.

Payza and advcash also had the same problems and had to disable the withdrawal option for visa card

It seems like the majority or even every single one of the fiat currency withdrawals being requested on cex.io is getting delays. So yours being pending for 5 weeks isn't really a surprise anymore. They've even made public announcements about this.

According to cex there is nothing else they can do, since it's a problem with their processing bank, and there's a bunch of other people that have been notified that their transactions have gone through but received 0 funds.

there are other payment processors that have had the same problem, just like I said payza and advcash are one of those payment processors that had this problem and closed that option

sshaqq32

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 11:00:51 AM

Last Update: Hi guys! Finally They cancelled my withdraw request and put back my cash to my cex.io account as deposit.. Even tho that was not exactly what I asked for I'm happy that finally they fixed the situation after 5 stressful weeks!

Thanks for all the answers and suggestions! Have a nice day everybody.
carlfebz2

Activity: 910
Merit: 515

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 01:22:49 PM

Last Update: Hi guys! Finally They cancelled my withdraw request and put back my cash to my cex.io account as deposit.. Even tho that was not exactly what I asked for I'm happy that finally they fixed the situation after 5 stressful weeks!

Thanks for all the answers and suggestions! Have a nice day everybody.
Good to hear out that the issue been resolved and since your cash withdrawal been canceled better to lock this thread to avoid more replies regarding on this issue. I don't have any problems using Cex.io when it comes to withdrawal. There might be sometime that they do face some issues but they do able to resolve it but with this its about 1 month of waiting.  Shocked

███           ▄▄▄                          ███
███           ███    ▄█                    ███
███ ▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄██▄▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄     ███        ▄██▄    ▄▄▄         ▄▄▄
███████████▄  ███ ▐████████  ██▄███████▄   ███       ██████    ███       ███▀
███▀    ▀███▌ ███   ███      ███▀    ▀███  ███      ████████    ███     ███▀
███      ▐██▌ ███   ███      ███      ███  ███     ██▀    ▀██    ███   ███▀
███      ▐██▌ ███   ███      ███      ███  ███    ███      ███    ███ ███▀
███▄    ▄███▌ ███   ███▄     ███▄    ▄███  ███   ████▄    ▄████    █████▀
███████████▀  ███   ▀██████  ███████████▀  ███  ████████████████    ███▀
▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀  ███ ▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ███▀
                             ███       ▄▄▄ ▄   ▄  ▄ ▄▄▄          ▄███▀
                             ███      █    █   █  █ █▄▄▀      █████▀