Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:08:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Long term HODL'ers... What price would you sell  (Read 191 times)
jakelyson
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 09:04:53 PM

I am not a believer of 100K bitcoin price so I will not wait that long. I am holding a few bitcoins and I am just waiting for the price to get to 20K before I sell and buy back again when it drops. I am also holding some altcoins that have low price. I may hold them for a year or two, if it gets profitable like x40, then I would sell them. If not, then there is no problem with me holding them longer.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
JesusCryptos

Activity: 714
Merit: 117

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 10:36:22 PM

The point is not the price, but what you would get contextualized in the needs of your life. If cashing out would solve ALL economic problems I may face is future, I may do it at that point. More likely, I will cash out 10% of what I have at every rise of magnitude of the price - so with Bitcoin at 10,000 I would sell 10% of assets, when it reaches 50,000 I would have to get another 10% slice or so, and so on.

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .  
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
BTCeminjas

Activity: 322
Merit: 23

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 11:15:55 PM

Just out of interest...

I am a long term HODL got in in Oct to BTC/LTC (orignally 2bitcoins in 2015 but sold due to expensive kids haha). I always said i'd hold long term, but tbh i dont really have a point in my mind where i'd sell.

I'd suppose, i'd stay in to the point where i'd be able to pay my mortgage off, which would mean LTC would need to be £6000 a coin and BTC increase accordingly.

What price do you have in mind which would be a sell point?
Actually i'm not sold out all of mine bitcoin even though if i saw already my profit was already there, as long as i don't need a money i wont sell.
My point is i hold bitcoin for urgent purposes only in the future, i planned to hold this as long as i can not just spending in nonsense way.
The reason why you just sell your bitcoin because you a need money and that's a point here, at least it is really helpful to you or for us that we have quick support when it comes financial problem. For me i hold bitcoin for emergency purposes i do not mind what the price would be a sell point.
patt0
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1005

Betting Championship betking.io/sports-leaderboard

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 11:23:26 PM

You shouldn't really see bitcoin this way. Right now we are at $11.000 and struggling, and a lot of people say that they would sell it at $100k if it ever gets there. But from my point of view, if bitcoin does well in this crypto experiment, and gets the levels of adoption we all want, then we should see it rise to $500k or even $1M. So why would we sell it at $100k? I sold some already because I had to, but I will continue to hold my coins until I can actually use them. That's the hole point of bitcoin. To use them as a form of payment, and not to exchange them for fiat.

ufalo3

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 08:28:41 AM

Just out of interest...

I am a long term HODL got in in Oct to BTC/LTC (orignally 2bitcoins in 2015 but sold due to expensive kids haha). I always said i'd hold long term, but tbh i dont really have a point in my mind where i'd sell.

I'd suppose, i'd stay in to the point where i'd be able to pay my mortgage off, which would mean LTC would need to be £6000 a coin and BTC increase accordingly.

as for me I am going to hold it as long as I can. I work, and my wages are pretty good, so I can be patient to see whn BTC is 40 K at least.
SouthernDiscomfort

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 08:53:48 AM

I'll hodl as long as it doesn't cause a severe burn on my psyche. No seriously though, I got in early enough, caught the altcoin boom and influx of new investors. It would be silly of me at my age not to have fun with this new technology, currency, economy. I see no number that would make me feel one way or the other except 100. Which has crossed my mind a few times.
MasterMoney

Activity: 76
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 11:58:10 AM

You just set a big goal and forget about it, a long time later you will get a miracle Grin Grin
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 12:12:59 PM

It all depends on when I had my entry point for a coin, what is the road map for the coin I am holding and also if it gives dividends or revenues, how much of it do I hold for long term revenue generation and when do I sell off a portion of it? Well I am not sure to be honest as every coin and every situation is very different from the next. I will assess each coin and situation, then make up a plan of entry/exit accordingly.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
jojowar

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 12:34:54 PM

For me I would sell it when it becomes 50x of its cost. I would not sell all of them but maybe half of it only. In this case I already get the principal and much profit/gain.

AleksandrKosov

Activity: 140
Merit: 12

PITCH – THE FUTURE OF OPPORTUNITY

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:55:25 PM

Just out of interest...

If I keep a coin in the long run, I sell it no less than + 100% to bitcoin. The optimal profit for me is + 200..250% to bitcoin.

BroganBloodstone

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 05:55:12 PM

You shouldn't really see bitcoin this way. Right now we are at $11.000 and struggling, and a lot of people say that they would sell it at $100k if it ever gets there. But from my point of view, if bitcoin does well in this crypto experiment, and gets the levels of adoption we all want, then we should see it rise to $500k or even $1M. So why would we sell it at $100k? I sold some already because I had to, but I will continue to hold my coins until I can actually use them. That's the hole point of bitcoin. To use them as a form of payment, and not to exchange them for fiat.

Depending on how much one has at the time, 100k each might be enough to achieve financial freedom on. Would be hard to pass up on that by getting greedy and hoping you would end up rich.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: