Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 05:00:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 ... 119 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ALAX - The Blockchain Game Platform for Emerging Markets  (Read 75302 times)
Makkara

Activity: 1064
Merit: 166

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 05:13:08 AM

I think it’s important to aim both android and iOS, there is user and market on both. Emerging markets has more users with android I think. It will b intéressant to see how the alax store will work and how it will connect devs and customers.

Alax is concentrating on unbanked countries and iOS users probably do have credit/debit cards. So I'd say it's better to make Android their priority, especially in the beginning, when financial resources are limited.

How you going to adversite your store? The important part in succes - marketing. And there are will be very hard compete with such store like Googleplay.

they are actually in partnership with Dragonfly and this means they will be immediately reachable by 100 Million users already using their platform, so i think that part is quite well covered

Pi Network - mining app for phone: https://minepi.com/spippolino
Blockfolio trading: https://blockfolio.com/trading?r=MvFRE7EX98

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
loup

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 07:16:06 AM

I think it’s important to aim both android and iOS, there is user and market on both. Emerging markets has more users with android I think. It will b intéressant to see how the alax store will work and how it will connect devs and customers.

Alax is concentrating on unbanked countries and iOS users probably do have credit/debit cards. So I'd say it's better to make Android their priority, especially in the beginning, when financial resources are limited.

How you going to adversite your store? The important part in succes - marketing. And there are will be very hard compete with such store like Googleplay.

they are actually in partnership with Dragonfly and this means they will be immediately reachable by 100 Million users already using their platform, so i think that part is quite well covered
I agree Android should be their priority taking into account what market they are targeting.
jonnytracker

Activity: 672
Merit: 261

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 07:17:32 AM

I agree Android should be their priority taking into account what market they are targeting.

Dragonfly is not android, I see only IOS and mac apps
ALAX_io (OP)

Activity: 583
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 07:34:23 AM

Google play does not have very strong position on China's market and as we are going to focus on unbanked people - Google play is not much of a competition for us since you need a credit/debit card if you want to buy app/game there. There is a lot of other competitors but none of them is using the blockchain - they are using mobile network operators to process the payments and they have really high fees (30 - 70% from the price of the app). Therefore we think we have a really good chance to succeed since we will have better price and we are focusing on the unbanked segment of customers.

Makkara

Activity: 1064
Merit: 166

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 07:38:22 AM

i agree with the strategy of marketing the un-banked, the number of people wanting to buy services with token/coins is going to grow even more in the the next years

Pi Network - mining app for phone: https://minepi.com/spippolino
Blockfolio trading: https://blockfolio.com/trading?r=MvFRE7EX98
loup

Activity: 462

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 08:00:18 AM

i agree with the strategy of marketing the un-banked, the number of people wanting to buy services with token/coins is going to grow even more in the the next years
That would be good for the project but I don't know how big the market of unbanked people with mobile phones is.
ALAX_io (OP)

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 08:22:53 AM

I'm hyped about the Decent Chain. Are there any specs out for the planned swap from erc-20 to decent? Will there be a bonus during the swap or will it be 1:1 thing?

When will this swap take place?

It should take place in September when we launch the main net.

Frickeladm

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 08:26:55 AM

Google play does not have very strong position on China's market and as we are going to focus on unbanked people - Google play is not much of a competition for us since you need a credit/debit card if you want to buy app/game there. There is a lot of other competitors but none of them is using the blockchain - they are using mobile network operators to process the payments and they have really high fees (30 - 70% from the price of the app). Therefore we think we have a really good chance to succeed since we will have better price and we are focusing on the unbanked segment of customers.

So you are saying that your store will advertise itself? Is this correct? Cause you didnt cleary answer the question about your marketing strategy
the_donald

Activity: 588

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 08:27:43 AM

I'm hyped about the Decent Chain. Are there any specs out for the planned swap from erc-20 to decent? Will there be a bonus during the swap or will it be 1:1 thing?

cool, good to know. we will be able to trade by then correct? these act just like normal tokens.

batako

Activity: 1022
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 08:31:31 AM

Android is wellknown OS used by a lot people all around the world. Therefore targeting such devices will be very promising.
matjas

Activity: 798
Merit: 115

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 08:45:49 AM

So you are saying that your store will advertise itself? Is this correct? Cause you didnt cleary answer the question about your marketing strategy

True, you can't really do without marketing these days. I don't really know which marketing channel is the most efficient in unbanked countries. Adds on tvs or in print?

ALAX_io (OP)

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 08:51:33 AM

We need these kinds of projects to start using the new technologies of all these newer blockchains. It is good because it will really put them to the test. DECENT boasts 5 second blocks I think. That's awesome. But what happens when you have 20 million people logging their TETRIS scores on it while 30 million people are downloading The Angry Birds Blockchain Edition? We will see soon I hope.

Blockchain should be used only for transactions not for the content.

ALAX_io (OP)

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 08:53:22 AM

cool, good to know. we will be able to trade by then correct? these act just like normal tokens.

Yes ALX will be tradable on the exchanges as the normal tokens.

ALAX_io (OP)

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 08:56:45 AM

We are preparing several marketing activities which should help to get our Store even to the phones where it is not pre-installed. It should be in a form of a contest but I cannot say any more at the moment. We are now focusing on TGE and contracts with mobile phone manufacturers. Then there will be a development and only then will come marketing activities towards customers.

ALAX_io (OP)

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 09:02:55 AM

That would be good for the project but I don't know how big the market of unbanked people with mobile phones is.

As you can read at the begining of our Whitepaper, there are around 2 billion unbank adults with access to 3G/LTE network.

ALAX_io (OP)

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 09:13:24 AM

I just received an email informing me that using Decent will have a 10% bonus on the sale? Then one of the forms of payment will be Decent?

This brings up the question... Due the volatility of decent, to what currency is the price of decent is going to be pegged? I mean does it have a fixed price at the time of the sale?
For example what amount of tokens would i get for 1000 dct and will that change during the ICO depending on the price of dct?

There is a fixed price of ALX to ETH. All other coins and tokens will be fixed to ETH based on the 24 hr average from several exchanges (3 or 4 i think). 

ALAX_io (OP)

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 09:16:15 AM

I just received an email informing me that using Decent will have a 10% bonus on the sale? Then one of the forms of payment will be Decent?

Yes. You can participate in BTC, ETH, LTC, BCH, DCT, and SPHTX.

ALAX_io (OP)

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 11:12:27 AM

ALAX is solidifying its commitment to Asia, having opened Asian headquarters in Cyberport. To the ease of doing business here made our decision a no-brainer. Find out more about ALAX new headquarters in the article by Nasdaq

aveon

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 11:47:44 AM

ALAX is solidifying its commitment to Asia, having opened Asian headquarters in Cyberport. To the ease of doing business here made our decision a no-brainer. Find out more about ALAX new headquarters in the article by Nasdaq

Nice to see that the project does not stand still but is developing and improving. Thanks for the update guys!
king_of_alts

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 11:48:57 AM

Alax is arguably the most active project I'm following. Active community managers, regular news, airdrop. I think it will pay off in the end.
Pages: « 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 ... 119 »
  Print  

Jump to: