Bitcoin Forum
February 22, 2018, 08:19:58 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Token or coin?  (Read 791 times)
aleksandra_kickcity

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 02:37:03 PM

Do you prefer investing in tokens or coins? What is the difference for you? And why would you prefer one to another?

For example, KickCity event platform launches token sale the next week. The platform will let users get reward (in crypto, KCY token) for event promotion. The token will exist inside the platform. There will be no opportunity to use the token outside the platform. However, the token will be on exchange

So your ideas?  Smiley
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jrrsparkles

Activity: 154
Merit: 104

Why so serious?

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 02:40:37 PM

Do you prefer investing in tokens or coins? What is the difference for you? And why would you prefer one to another?

For example, KickCity event platform launches token sale the next week. The platform will let users get reward (in crypto, KCY token) for event promotion. The token will exist inside the platform. There will be no opportunity to use the token outside the platform. However, the token will be on exchange

So your ideas?  Smiley
First of all I really don't know the difference between token and coin,so if anyone please explain about that for me.

I will never invest on any cheapcoins or newly released coin because there is high risk with those coins that chance of losing its value in near future.
So I will pick only the recognized coin which is around here for some years.

aleksandra_kickcity

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 02:47:05 PM

So your ideas?  Smiley
First of all I really don't know the difference between token and coin,so if anyone please explain about that for me.

I will never invest on any cheapcoins or newly released coin because there is high risk with those coins that chance of losing its value in near future.
So I will pick only the recognized coin which is around here for some years.

That is pretty wise. However, you can earn more investing in new coins
skylar

Activity: 154
Merit: 103

"Medichain: The Medical Big-Data Platform"

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 02:49:42 PM

IMO its doesn't matter about token or coin, thing that I concerned is technology, marketing, community & development behind it. Btw Both of them has a same function as a currencies right, so no need to worry about token or coin while you wanna make an invesment.

aleksandra_kickcity

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 03:00:43 PM

IMO its doesn't matter about token or coin, thing that I concerned is technology, marketing, community & development behind it. Btw Both of them has a same function as a currencies right, so no need to worry about token or coin while you wanna make an invesment.

Yeah, I agree. I just wanted to know if its important for anybody
GinaCole

Activity: 6
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 03:05:24 PM
Merited by ace4549 (2)

So your ideas?  Smiley
It depends on the project,but tokens are most likely the same as the coin but how?tokens if the project isnt yet in exchanges or the project is still in ICO phase while after the project is already in the exchanges that tokes will be called as coins correct me if im wrong,i am new but im doing research in cryptocurrency basics.
Diwrecktor29

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 03:07:10 PM

In terms of the market value they don't have any difference. But here's a broad explanation to this Coin is considered as a form of which can be used as only for payment purposes more like a digital money. On the other hand, Token is considered as a form giving you more functionality. Tokens and Coins are on different technology. Coins uses blockchain while Tokens uses smart contract I guess.
dimonstration

Activity: 651
Merit: 500

INS Ecosystem

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 03:07:45 PM

as long as you may have to earn with this both are good , as one are taking you to benefited then you may go for that for me i believe also that they are both currencies that can earn profit what are the thing that are they not same for are on how they may look like in the market and how they made for.

██████████████████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
███████████████████████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
██████████████████████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
██████████████████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
██████████████████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
███████████████████████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▀██████████████████████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▀█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀""""""""""▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ████▓▓▓▓▀                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▀                           ╙▓▓▓
      ▀▀▀▀▀                               `▀▀▀▀▀
Experty.io
...Calls powered by cryptocurrencies...
❐ Experty in TOP ICOs to watch in 2018 by ➮ Inc.com

▄▄▄                  ▄▄▄
█████▄             ▄██████▄
█████████▄        ████████████▄
██████████▌▄     ██████████████
██████████▌▐█  ▄█████████████▀▄█
██████████▌▐██▄▀████████████ ███
██████████▌▐████▀██████████ ████
██████████▌▐█████ ███████▀▄█████
██████████▌ ▀█████▄▀████ ███████
██████████▌   ▀▀████ ██▄████████
▀█████████▌      ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████████
   ▀▀█████▌             ▀▀██████
        ▀█▌                  ▀▀█

medium
abanansah

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 03:09:17 PM

Tokens is the same as coins but unless they are enlisted on an exchange. Tokens are cheap to obtain and you can make good profit from it if it becomes a coin , but it requires patience and good judgement.

Stockus Trading Platform— Join the future of Financial Markets
▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰ 
  ◆ Twitter Facebook • • TelegramMedium  ◆
blo8i

Activity: 752
Merit: 502

Automatic Arbitrage Platform

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 03:11:18 PM

I did not notice the fundamental difference between these two names of the crypto currency, and that and that can be on the exchange

hdasd

Activity: 231

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 03:13:02 PM

I would like to invest the basic platform which can create the assets,it's value to earn more money if it's ecology system develop strong.
I think the basic system was important,like Achain .
hdasd

Activity: 231

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 03:15:00 PM

Tokens is the same as coins but unless they are enlisted on an exchange. Tokens are cheap to obtain and you can make good profit from it if it becomes a coin , but it requires patience and good judgement.
but coins also would not enlisted on exchange,tokens would be more easy to trade it in the Etherdelta.
tienigarazz

Activity: 210

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 03:18:15 PM

Token and coin are both good and a little bit the same.
You can earn them both, and you can get more money because of this. As long as you choose the right token or coin you will be able to get big profit.
It takes a lot of patience and hard work. You need to trust your coin or token.
And to avoid scammers, Try to search more about the coin or token you will gonna invest with.

mrlovely22

Activity: 20

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 03:21:50 PM

You can earn them both, and you can get more money because of this. As long as you choose the right token or coin you will be able to get big profit.  Wink Wink
Vit83

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 03:26:06 PM

IMHO there is no difference coin or token. U must see who is going to use them in the future, what real usage of this token or coin, why its better than others) Check their team, new, make TA for the different timeframe.

squesto

Activity: 56

VeriMe : Verification, Authentication, Protection

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 03:28:29 PM

Whatever the nomenclature, I feel that the more important issue is what gives it the value - what the underlying technology is, who it serves, what problem (if any) does it solve, how does it benefit us? If coin refers to technology and token has a service lean to it, then I very much rather prefer technology (i.e. coin)

VeriMe : Verification, Authentication, Protection
Pre-Sale Dec, 15th◄▬▬►Participate Now
Bitcionsky69

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 03:29:06 PM

I agree, Just like all tokens or coins, they are just the same for change because they are both cryptocurrencies especially when they are in the market. It's okay to invest in tokens or coins just do not to forget about its history if it's okay for them and to know that potential future growth or whether it will be a demand for investors.
IgorShumilo

Activity: 182

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 03:42:46 PM

Why do you decide between a token and a coin, what is the difference for your investment? You invest in the technology that stands behind them, in the fact that in the present or the near future will have demand from people. If what you read about the token or coin does not inspire confidence, then avoid it.

greenclub09

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 03:47:42 PM

So your ideas?  Smiley
to my opinion, coin is just a token after it was brought to exchanges, token is quite similar to coin but it is used to pay to investors, the big difference is token has no value on the exchanges if it is not accepted by exchanges, moreover, their are many token has only value when we use in its own platform internal exchange, so coin has much value on the exchanges and the proof of an ICO success, so the price of coin on the exchanges is always higher than token.

TheFiendishOne

Activity: 216

Blockchain Identity Verification

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 03:49:22 PM

Tokens are assets that are produced on another blockbuster platform and use another blockbuster. For example, Ethereum blocks all kinds of assets created on the block. Coin is the monetary value produced on its own blockbuster and again using its own blockbuster. I would prefer to buy token.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.