Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:40:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Help] Stolen LTC, ETH  (Read 86 times)
harper86 (OP)

Activity: 87
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 04:57:20 AM

My LTC and ETH were stolen, I am pretty much to blame due to lax security on both of these wallets. I am not entirely sure how the attacker gained access to my funds, although he or she managed to compromise my email account and dropbox. I have since then taken necessary measures to fix those breaches. I understand pretty much that the funds are not recoverable, however I would be grateful if anybody can help me find where the attacker is from or if any of the addresses look familiar. Best case scenario recover some of my funds.

Summary:
LTC Stolen: 8.5
Address stolen from: Lg6LuzWYb76ELFLDUA17MEtfF6gQ4r1Eou
Address txed to: LRNpXp63TcKJEMVvbbXqG9UCwm6hNpf8H4
The LTC has been spent since

ETH Stolen: 2.78
Address stolen from: 0xacB24150E65526F465DcE2189ab7fAB915F2B7be
Address txed to: 0xE6bA5554741B23199B54Cfc06b1AbC871b6A127D
The ETH has been txed to Binance since

The ETH account txed to receives active payments from nanopool.

Bounty: 50% of all funds recovered.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nhoknhopluu

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 05:27:46 AM

Don's use private key to access your wallet because it maybe a phishing site.
SuckSeed

Activity: 343
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2018, 05:50:45 AM

I think the OP email get hacked, btw i always have a different password on my bounty/airdrop with my email so your GMAIL account will be save.
Never use same password for that both i'm so sorry to hear that.

nhoknhopluu

Activity: 12

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 06:06:50 AM

I think the OP email get hacked, btw i always have a different password on my bounty/airdrop with my email so your GMAIL account will be save.
It needs your key to access your wallet right ? Btw, you're using metamask or MEW ?
harper86 (OP)

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 06:07:45 AM

Yes I reused password for one of the wallets and my email account. An expensive lesson, but what Id want to know is if there is any way to pull at least geographic region from the ETH address mining to nanopool in some way.
harper86 (OP)

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 06:08:32 AM

It needs your key to access your wallet right ? Btw, you're using metamask or MEW ?
MEW, key was saved and kept in dropbox.
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 06:32:31 AM

Did you have a private key saved on a text file or word file or something similar?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
cryptosec.info

Activity: 138
Merit: 74

NotYourKeys.Org

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2018, 06:42:42 AM

My LTC and ETH were stolen, I am pretty much to blame due to lax security on both of these wallets. I am not entirely sure how the attacker gained access to my funds, although he or she managed to compromise my email account and dropbox. I have since then taken necessary measures to fix those breaches. I understand pretty much that the funds are not recoverable, however I would be grateful if anybody can help me find where the attacker is from or if any of the addresses look familiar. Best case scenario recover some of my funds.

Unfortunately for you there's nothing you could to to really get those funds back. The only thing you can do is to make sure that this doesn't happen again in the future. Best of luck.

NotYourKeys.org - Not Your Keys, Not Your Bitcoin.
-----
Join the Bitcointalk movement: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5292109
harper86 (OP)

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 06:50:05 AM

Did you have a private key saved on a text file or word file or something similar?

Yes pretty much.
harper86 (OP)

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 06:52:12 AM

Unfortunately for you there's nothing you could to to really get those funds back. The only thing you can do is to make sure that this doesn't happen again in the future. Best of luck.

Yes not expecting such miracles, but if there is some way to find out any info on wallet 0xE6bA5554741B23199B54Cfc06b1AbC871b6A127D would be great. The wallet receives payments from nanopool on a regular basis and the funds are almost always sent to binance.
cryptosec.info

Activity: 138
Merit: 74

NotYourKeys.Org

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2018, 08:41:16 AM

Yes pretty much.

Dude..

Read:

NotYourKeys.org - Not Your Keys, Not Your Bitcoin.
-----
Join the Bitcointalk movement: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5292109
Lazyriver

Activity: 34

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 08:44:17 AM

Even if you find the owner of this wallet, you can't make him to send coins back. Anyone who has private keys is legal owner of the funds locked by these keys, that's how it works.
harper86 (OP)

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 08:55:53 AM

I dont need the owner to send me the money back nor do I expect it to miraculously be sent back to me. I just want to know which country the attack originated from. That is all.
hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 3647

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2018, 02:18:39 PM

- Sorry for your loss, I hope it will be a valuable lesson for you.
 - Improve the protection of your wallet from selecting a good wallet to a strong and unique password for each account.
 - Move this topic to Scam Accusations section and report this address "0xE6bA5554741B23199B54Cfc06b1AbC871b6A127D"

I do not want to be optimistic, but as long as that money transferred to Binance wallet. That means this platform controls private keys and may be able to help you to restore your money or at least lock/ban that account.
Move quickly and do not lose hope. Cheesy

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
12tribes

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 02:39:06 PM

- Improve the protection of your wallet from selecting a good wallet to a strong and unique password for each account.
 - Move this topic to Scam Accusations section and report this address "0xE6bA5554741B23199B54Cfc06b1AbC871b6A127D"

I do not want to be optimistic, but as long as that money transferred to Binance wallet. That means this platform controls private keys and may be able to help you to restore your money or at least lock/ban that account.

This is some more encouraging words here. You should take this seriously. If you can't get your money at least you make sure he also can't spend it.

rat03gopoh

Activity: 2086
Merit: 639

Your keys your responsibility

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2018, 02:39:26 PM

I am sorry to hear this. Embarrassed
You can track all activity from 0xE6bA5554741B23199B54Cfc06b1AbC871b6A127D every time. At least until you find some information the real owner of this wallet address, it may lead to one member in this forum or other related social accounts. Then report it to the scam Accusations board with strong evidence.

▓██   ██▓ ▒█████   █    ██  ██▀███      ██ ▄█▀▓█████▓██   ██▓  ██████   
 ▒██  ██▒▒██▒  ██▒ ██  ▓██▒▓██ ▒ ██▒    ██▄█▒ ▓█   ▀ ▒██  ██▒▒██    ▒   
  ▒██ ██░▒██░  ██▒▓██  ▒██░▓██ ░▄█ ▒   ▓███▄░ ▒███    ▒██ ██░░ ▓██▄     
  ░ ▐██▓░▒██   ██░▓▓█  ░██░▒██▀▀█▄     ▓██ █▄ ▒▓█  ▄  ░ ▐██▓░  ▒   ██▒ 
  ░ ██▒▓░░ ████▓▒░▒▒█████▓ ░██▓ ▒██▒   ▒██▒ █▄░▒████▒ ░ ██▒▓░▒██████▒▒ 
   ██▒▒▒ ░ ▒░▒░▒░ ░▒▓▒ ▒ ▒ ░ ▒▓ ░▒▓░   ▒ ▒▒ ▓▒░░ ▒░ ░  ██▒▒▒ ▒ ▒▓▒ ▒ ░ 
 ▓██ ░▒░   ░ ▒ ▒░ ░░▒░ ░ ░   ░▒ ░ ▒░   ░ ░▒ ▒░ ░ ░  ░▓██ ░▒░ ░ ░▒  ░ ░ 
 ▒ ▒ ░░  ░ ░ ░ ▒   ░░░ ░ ░   ░░   ░    ░ ░░ ░    ░   ▒ ▒ ░░  ░  ░  ░   
 ░ ░         ░ ░     ░        ░        ░  ░      ░  ░░ ░           ░   
 ░ ░                                                 ░ ░                 
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▄▄██▀▀⠀▄▄▄⠀⠀▀▀█▄▄▄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▄█▀▀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀███⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▐▀█▄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▐████████████⠀⠀█⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀▄▄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀██████████████▄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▄⠀▄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀██▀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▄▄▄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▀█████████████⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▐██████▄▄⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀▐⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀█▄██▄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▀███████████⠀▄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀██⠀⠀⠀██▌⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▄⠀⠀⠀⠀███▄▄▌⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▀█▀⠀⠀█▌⠀⠀⠀⠀██▀▀██▀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀█▌⠀⠀⠀▐▀███▀▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▀█▌⠀⠀⠀⠀▄██▌⠀⠀▄██⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀█▌⠀⠀⠀⠀███⠀⠀██▀██▀██▀██▀████▄⠀⠀██⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀█▀▀█▀▀▀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀▐██⠀⠀⠀⠀█▀⠀⠀⠀⠀▀⠀▀▀⠀▀▀⠀▀█⠀█▀█▀██⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀█▌⠀⠀⠀⠀`⠀⠀▄⠀▐██████▄▄⠀⠀▀▐▀██▀██⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▄██▀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▀█⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀██⠀█⠀⠀▀██████▄▄⠀⠀█▀⠀▀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀███▀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀▄⠀⠀██⠀▄⠀⠀⠀`▀███⠀█⠀▀▀██████▄⠀⠀⠀██⠀⠀⠀▄███⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀█⠀⠀⠀▀⠀⠀▀▀▄▄⠀⠀▀████▀▄⠀▀██████▄▄▄█▄█████⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀▀▌⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▀▌⠀⠀⠀▐███▄█⠀▄⠀▀▀█████████▀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀█⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀█⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀██████▄▀⠀⠀▀▀▀▀▀⠀⠀▄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▌▀▀⠀⠀▄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▀█⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▀▀███▀▀⠀⠀▐█⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
▓██   ██▓ ▒█████   █    ██  ██▀███      ██▀███  ▓█████   ██████  ██▓███   ▒█████   ███▄    █   ██████  ██▓ ▄▄▄▄    ██▓ ██▓     ██▓▄▄▄█████▓▓██   ██▓
 ▒██  ██▒▒██▒  ██▒ ██  ▓██▒▓██ ▒ ██▒   ▓██ ▒ ██▒▓█   ▀ ▒██    ▒ ▓██░  ██▒▒██▒  ██▒ ██ ▀█   █ ▒██    ▒ ▓██▒▓█████▄ ▓██▒▓██▒    ▓██▒▓  ██▒ ▓▒ ▒██  ██▒
  ▒██ ██░▒██░  ██▒▓██  ▒██░▓██ ░▄█ ▒   ▓██ ░▄█ ▒▒███   ░ ▓██▄   ▓██░ ██▓▒▒██░  ██▒▓██  ▀█ ██▒░ ▓██▄   ▒██▒▒██▒ ▄██▒██▒▒██░    ▒██▒▒ ▓██░ ▒░  ▒██ ██░
  ░ ▐██▓░▒██   ██░▓▓█  ░██░▒██▀▀█▄     ▒██▀▀█▄  ▒▓█  ▄   ▒   ██▒▒██▄█▓▒ ▒▒██   ██░▓██▒  ▐▌██▒  ▒   ██▒░██░▒██░█▀  ░██░▒██░    ░██░░ ▓██▓ ░   ░ ▐██▓░
  ░ ██▒▓░░ ████▓▒░▒▒█████▓ ░██▓ ▒██▒   ░██▓ ▒██▒░▒████▒▒██████▒▒▒██▒ ░  ░░ ████▓▒░▒██░   ▓██░▒██████▒▒░██░░▓█  ▀█▓░██░░██████▒░██░  ▒██▒ ░   ░ ██▒▓░
   ██▒▒▒ ░ ▒░▒░▒░ ░▒▓▒ ▒ ▒ ░ ▒▓ ░▒▓░   ░ ▒▓ ░▒▓░░░ ▒░ ░▒ ▒▓▒ ▒ ░▒▓▒░ ░  ░░ ▒░▒░▒░ ░ ▒░   ▒ ▒ ▒ ▒▓▒ ▒ ░░▓  ░▒▓███▀▒░▓  ░ ▒░▓  ░░▓    ▒ ░░      ██▒▒▒
 ▓██ ░▒░   ░ ▒ ▒░ ░░▒░ ░ ░   ░▒ ░ ▒░     ░▒ ░ ▒░ ░ ░  ░░ ░▒  ░ ░░▒ ░       ░ ▒ ▒░ ░ ░░   ░ ▒░░ ░▒  ░ ░ ▒ ░▒░▒   ░  ▒ ░░ ░ ▒  ░ ▒ ░    ░     ▓██ ░▒░
 ▒ ▒ ░░  ░ ░ ░ ▒   ░░░ ░ ░   ░░   ░      ░░   ░    ░   ░  ░  ░  ░░       ░ ░ ░ ▒     ░   ░ ░ ░  ░  ░   ▒ ░ ░    ░  ▒ ░  ░ ░    ▒ ░  ░       ▒ ▒ ░░
 ░ ░         ░ ░     ░        ░           ░        ░  ░      ░               ░ ░           ░       ░   ░   ░       ░      ░  ░ ░            ░ ░   
 ░ ░                                                                                                            ░                           ░ ░     
harper86 (OP)

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 04:33:48 AM

This is some more encouraging words here. You should take this seriously. If you can't get your money at least you make sure he also can't spend it.

Thank you. Although it is a long shot, I am going to try with binance and see what they have to say.
Also moving this topic to Scam Accusations.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: