Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 09:52:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 ... 329 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit & new rank requirements  (Read 166366 times)
olumyd

Activity: 658
Merit: 117

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 01:46:09 PM
Merited by TMAN (1)

What happens to those who already have higher ranks and still don't post quality post? IMO, I think some people will be content on that level if they can still participate in signature bounties. It would be nice to see bounty managers use a system on par with the merit system in order to achieve more efficient results.

For example, if a person does not meet up to a required amount of merit within a stipulated time, especially after joining the signature bounty, they could be removed from the bounty.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TMAN
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 01:49:35 PM

What happens to those who already have higher ranks and still don't post quality post? IMO, I think some people will be content on that level if they can still participate in signature bounties. It would be nice to see bounty managers use a system on par with the merit system in order to achieve more efficient results.

For example, if a person does not meet up to a required amount of merit within a stipulated time, especially after joining the signature bounty, they could be removed from the bounty.

you get a merit...

campaign managers "should" start using merit as the metrics for joining campaigns.. then the bar will over time be set higher and higher.

this will then improve all membership levels posts..

███████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
Makkara

Activity: 1064
Merit: 166

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 01:52:35 PM

so basically nobody would get paid in the end with the current system  Roll Eyes

Pi Network - mining app for phone: https://minepi.com/spippolino
Blockfolio trading: https://blockfolio.com/trading?r=MvFRE7EX98
B4RF

Activity: 813
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 01:54:05 PM

Sounds good at first but I think signature managers shouldnt rely on the participant collecting Merit.
You can have multiple high quality posts on a single day without getting a single Merit.
It's still up to other users if they reward you for your post or not.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████▄
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
▀██████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████
BTC  ◉PLAY  ◉XMR  ◉DOGE  ◉BCH  ◉STRAT  ◉ETH  ◉GAS  ◉LTC  ◉DASH  ◉PPC
     ▄▄██████████████▄▄
  ▄██████████████████████▄        █████
▄██████████████████████████▄      █████
████ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ████     ▄██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ▄██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ██
████ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ████ ▄██████▄
████████████████████████████ ████████
███████▀            ▀███████ ▀██████▀
█████▀                ▀█████
▀██████████████████████████▀
  ▀▀████████████████████▀▀ 
✔️DICE           
✔️BLACKJACK
✔️PLINKO
✔️VIDEO POKER
✔️ROULETTE     
✔️LOTTO
krishnaverma

Activity: 1232
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 02:01:14 PM

Another solution is to have the requirement of certain number of merits every year to maintain the rank level. We may expect that in future updates if the admin feels so.
crypto_dau

Activity: 30
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 02:09:05 PM

Another solution is to have the requirement of certain number of merits every year to maintain the rank level. We may expect that in future updates if the admin feels so.
The approach will lead to chaotic situation in the forum, I guess. Lots of members want to get as more merits as possible, then something strange, vague will happen behind the scenes. For example, black market, high price merits, cheating, and so on.
crypto_dau

Activity: 30
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 02:11:46 PM

If I send merit points to someone I will loose mine ? Or it's just a like in social networks ?
No, you never lose your merit points, it is yours, and it wont change when you send sMerits to someone in the forum. Please remember that what you send is sendable Merits (sMerits), not Merits. Instead, when you receive some Merits from others, your sMerits also increase. That's the way merit system work.

However, personally the current approach of merit system has several setbacks and it really need to be adjusted a little bit in order to both keep the forum clean and as fair as possible for all ranks of members in the forum. If it helps and useful, please consider give me merits if you want ^^
You get one merit from me. The forum should adjust the merit system somehow which can allow users increase their merits by themselves concurrently with help from others.
olumyd

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 02:11:53 PM

so basically nobody would get paid in the end with the current system  Roll Eyes

Not exactly, the bitcointalk.org system is maturing and needs to be more professional, dependable and factual. More than 80% of the crypto community out there depend on the data generated by this forum. So, if an investor or a regulatory headhunter stumbles upon the posts here and discovers more trolls than proficient crypto users, it would speak badly about the community.

So, 'basically', people get paid, maybe even more, because the system becomes a reliable source of critique-information and advertising.
olumyd

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 02:24:08 PM

Every year? Dude, isn't that a long time to wait to rank up? I think this current update is an 'alpha' approach to control posts and ranking.

However, as noted by: B4RF

Sounds good at first but I think signature managers shouldnt rely on the participant collecting Merit.
You can have multiple high quality posts on a single day without getting a single Merit.
It's still up to other users if they reward you for your post or not.

&  crypto_dau

If I send merit points to someone I will loose mine ? Or it's just a like in social networks ?
No, you never lose your merit points, it is yours, and it wont change when you send sMerits to someone in the forum. Please remember that what you send is sendable Merits (sMerits), not Merits. Instead, when you receive some Merits from others, your sMerits also increase. That's the way merit system work.

However, personally the current approach of merit system has several setbacks and it really need to be adjusted a little bit in order to both keep the forum clean and as fair as possible for all ranks of members in the forum. If it helps and useful, please consider give me merits if you want ^^
You get one merit from me. The forum should adjust the merit system somehow which can allow users increase their merits by themselves concurrently with help from others.

If they can adjust the system in such a way that it promotes community morale and achieve the forum's objectives, it would be a great development. But I don't think that would be possible until they have tested this approach for a while first.
AdolfinWolf
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1427

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 02:35:38 PM

I think it would be nice if we got a little bit of merit for activity. Just cap it off low to avoid spam. Like you can get 1 merit per day. Or if you want it to be harder, one smerit per day.

I could really use some merit and my posts are usually short like this one...
Excellent idea! The current approach looks like game of chance, of luck, of randomized gift from senior, hero, ledgendary members to Junior members like me.

No, the idea is extremely stupid and destroys the entire purpose of the merit system.

What would the use of merit be if it is concurrently earned in the same pace as activity, in the same way?

The current approach looks like game of chance, of luck, of randomized gift from senior, hero, ledgendary members to Junior members like me.

If you can't earn 10 merit over 60 posts, ( or 60 days ), there's probably something wrong with the quality of posts you're making, and where you are making them.

tomkat

Activity: 1022
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 02:40:13 PM

you get a merit...

campaign managers "should" start using merit as the metrics for joining campaigns.. then the bar will over time be set higher and higher.

this will then improve all membership levels posts..

Well, be careful what you wish for.
Are you absolutely sure you would like your payout to be dependent not on your work ONLY, but ALSO on the actions of other random guys from this forum?
I doubt I'd join a campaign in which the payouts depended on the merits awarded by others.
Black/grey merits market will emerge immediately after campaign managers start adding merit-based conditions.
Anco_Marzio

Activity: 186
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 02:44:34 PM
Last edit: January 26, 2018, 04:40:01 PM by Anco_Marzio

It's very comfortable to talk when some one is already high rank and doesn't need to fight to rank up.

Please note that with your number ( 10 merit over 60 posts, or 60 days) I need more that a year to become Full member.

More over, there is a programmed scarcity of merits: may be someone appreciate my post, but doesn't have merits to give.

I appreciate the idea, and understand its logic, but it needs some corrections. Btw, this is a pointless discussion: I'm pretty sure that in just some days the system will change.

I think it would be nice if we got a little bit of merit for activity. Just cap it off low to avoid spam. Like you can get 1 merit per day. Or if you want it to be harder, one smerit per day.

I could really use some merit and my posts are usually short like this one...
Excellent idea! The current approach looks like game of chance, of luck, of randomized gift from senior, hero, ledgendary members to Junior members like me.

No, the idea is extremely stupid and destroys the entire purpose of the merit system.

What would the use of merit be if it is concurrently earned in the same pace as activity, in the same way?

The current approach looks like game of chance, of luck, of randomized gift from senior, hero, ledgendary members to Junior members like me.

If you can't earn 10 merit over 60 posts, ( or 60 days ), there's probably something wrong with the quality of posts you're making, and where you are making them.

vlom
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1113

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 02:50:16 PM

what i don't get is why people want to rank up. or why the do want to rank up so desperate.

don't answer me with this: its easy for you, you are a legendary member.... blabla.....

do they just want a higher rank because the possibility the join a signature campaign is higher and the payout is higher too?
or do they think that their post are more important because of their rank?
or do they need the rank to feel better?
Deena

Activity: 238
Merit: 49

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 02:55:04 PM

actmyname is a busy bloke, he is DT and tags lots of people

Now there's a truth written...  Roll Eyes
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 02:57:09 PM

Here’s a way to get merit.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2827596.new#new

TMAN
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 02:58:05 PM

what i don't get is why people want to rank up. or why the do want to rank up so desperate.

don't answer me with this: its easy for you, you are a legendary member.... blabla.....

do they just want a higher rank because the possibility the join a signature campaign is higher and the payout is higher too?

because some members are able to make a living off signature campaigns when they multi account.. you know the general 3rd world shitposters who clog up this forum..

take a look into the altcoin Speculation forum.. reel back as your eyes bleed from the shitposts..

████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
Deena

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 02:59:20 PM
Merited by Godwans (1)

Most members probably want higher ranking for the better stakes in signature campaigns. And of course when you're a newbie you want to be able to post images and don't have to wait for 6 minutes in between posts.

The first is also a reason why present high ranking members don't want others to climb up. More competition means for them less pay in signature campaigns. That's one reason why the Legendaries and Heroes are so enthousiastic about the merit system. No more competition, ever. Heck, they don't even need trust system abuse anymore to eliminate competition.
Sexy_Sees

Activity: 128
Merit: 22

Life is like a box of chocolates :)

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 03:02:14 PM

I think you hit 3 nails on the head and you answered your own question. A nice retorical one? Nobody likes to be a ‘newbie’ although I learned the most in this period. It all is a learning experience as it is an earning experience too....
omorfi

Activity: 728
Merit: 264

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 03:03:03 PM
Merited by PoolMinor (3)

The distribution of Merits would have been fairer if it were based on the amount of activities. The distribution of merits thatmade according to the rank is not fair. A new Sr. member who have 241 activity point and the same rank who have 476 activity got the same amount of merit. Is it fair ?
This life is unfair bro,you should accept what should rewarded for you otherwise this forum is not going to miss you.

I'm not criticizing the Merit system. I criticize the way the Merits are distributed. I know life is not fair cause of unfair people. Forum can miss you if you have enough Merits maybe. Roll Eyes
Deena

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 03:03:10 PM

One other thing. I read that Theymos was so concerned about freedom of speech on this forum. Now only those speaking the words of the happy few will be rewarded. It's a perverse system trying to silence those with alternative opinions. For as far as that was not going on already with the trust system abuse...
Pages: « 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 ... 329 »
  Print  

Jump to: