Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 05:18:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 ... 329 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit & new rank requirements  (Read 166364 times)
Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 11:43:55 AM

Do you happen to be on good terms with Lauda, actmyname, The Pharmacist, etc.? Kissing up to them? Then such things easily happen. And you don't even need to post quality content for it.
You sound like an idiot.

Crestington's merit is now 1,000 because theymos made a change to the system. Because Crestington's activity is within Legendary range, his merit has now been increased to 1,000 to not prevent him from achieving it.

Oh sweet, that's awesome.

I did mention about that being in range but suddenly being prevented based on merit.

Thumbs up from me.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vrap.pm

Activity: 490
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 11:47:43 AM

This merit system is in favor to those who are popular. This is just a popularity contest. The more you have friends the better. I pity those who have no friends here and i suggest to make friends. If you cannot do that better find another way to accumulate altcoins or bitcoin. Trading would be a good alternative one or you could also join bitcoingarden. I never had an account there but there are good feedback about this forum and planning to make an account there.

Thanks for the suggestion. I've been looking for alternatives.

Thanks for the info. I hope this merit thing does not start a "war" from least ranked ones with most ranked ones and therefore starts to end with this nice forum.

dncdog

Activity: 156
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 11:51:15 AM

Do you happen to be on good terms with Lauda, actmyname, The Pharmacist, etc.? Kissing up to them? Then such things easily happen. And you don't even need to post quality content for it.
You sound like an idiot.

Crestington's merit is now 1,000 because theymos made a change to the system. Because Crestington's activity is within Legendary range, his merit has now been increased to 1,000 to not prevent him from achieving it.

I did mention about that being in range but suddenly being prevented based on merit.

Thumbs up from me.
Your additional 500 merits come from Theymos. Here is his official statement:
I decided that the previous allocation was too unfair in this area, so everyone with activity >= 775 got 500 more merit if they didn't already have 1000 merit (and also Lutpin). No extra sMerit, though.

When you receive 10 merits from others, you also have more 5 sMerits to send to others, too. That's the way merit system works based on Merit and sMerit points.
coinsniperX

Activity: 404
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 11:53:48 AM

The most annoying thing about the merit system is not the system itself (even if - as it is conceived - in my opinion it is destined to die in a few weeks) but the arrogance of the Legendaries that - after having done hundreds of insignificant posts for the sole purpose of level up - now that they are protected, come to tell you "Make good posts and you will see that you will grow too"

And then they also ask you why you're ever interested in going up!!!

To me it would be enough that we could give a demerit for the past posts - and in this way the Legendaries could be send donw - and we would begin to understand each other.
This is not envy, it would create just a little balance

Anyway, I tell you what will happen: the various stars of the group - with a thousand points to spend -  will create a group of disciples to grow, totally under their control. Tribal way.

Magnificent post! Thank you for your contribution! The idea of demeriting high ranking members downward especially appealed to me, if we're going to use a merit system anyway.
Fully agree with Magister Magus. And if I'm a newbie on this forum, it doesn't mean that I'm a newbie in life and bitcoin ecosystem, like some hero's said before. I'm reading this forum much time and saw on what "quality posts" many hero's got their rank. If I have a power here, tomorrow all hero's would be a newbie's. And all other members would be a newbie's and then yes, merit system would be useful! BTW better you remove all signatures for all ranks, then you wouldn't need any merit or other system. IMO
ahsanif

Activity: 132
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 12:00:50 PM

Hello guys ! I have questions why you do this system ??  Angry People cant buy or sell and also scared take to any people because you can say that i buy/sell and take me red trust   Angry
simple, merit system is kind of way to appreciate and make more motivated for people in this forum
of course unfair if there is sell or buy merit, maybe will banned penalty to person who do that

███ TWITTER █████████████████ Udego Finance ████████████████████ WHITEPAPER ███
███ ANN ██████ Reinventing Decentralised Finance on BSC █████ FACEBOOK PAGE ███
███ TELEGRAM █████████████████ AMM ███████████████████ MEDIUM ███
dncdog

Activity: 156
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 12:02:52 PM

Hello guys ! I have questions why you do this system ??  Angry People cant buy or sell and also scared take to any people because you can say that i buy/sell and take me red trust   Angry
simple, merit system is kind of way to appreciate and make more motivated for people in this forum
of course unfair if there is sell or buy merit, maybe will banned penalty to person who do that

This one is my post for different topic, but it can be used to answer your question and give you some useful clue.
I dont want to mention or use the terms like legal or ilegal activities or behaviours. I would prefer the terms like possitive or negative ones. For the case of posting, you can post negatively or possitively, that depends largely on your original approach in the forum. In recent days, discussion about how to get merit in order to be ranked up as a result of new lauched merit system are so hot, and get attention of many users in the forum.

Of course, you can get merit points in both possitive and negative ways. Increasing your points by improving your post's quality or getting more merits from buying, exchanging, cheating, etc.

Does it make sense? Think possitive, make something different than usual things they have done daily till now. Something strange, amazing will come to you. Good luck.
Quartx

Activity: 1036
Merit: 504

Becoming legend, but I took merit to the knee :(

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 12:08:05 PM

You sound like an idiot.

Thumbs up from me.

Pretty sure I am in the legendary range too, oh well probably because I have not been very active recently and just sporadically respond to old threads I follow. Haha

EDIT: Oh damn just saw the >=775 range, welp, time to be more active and reap the merits

coinsniperX

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 12:14:14 PM

Actually the only fair step for introducing the merit system would have been to reset all ranks with it, even if higher level ranks probably will not agree here, because they think they deserver more then lower ranks because they are here longer then others. But this is just an excuse to give them more rights over lower ranks. It's like being in politics where governments are doing what they want just because they got elected before.

I've been on this forum 4 years longer than you. The only unfair thing is me having to read consistent drivel. I give away merits to those who are trying. I am in the top 10 for giving and receiving merits, so shut up and embrace it and I might send some your way
You is a common stupid person which got his rank on shit-posts. And if DeMerit system will be implemented we will see you a Jr.Member. And you has not any right to shut any mouth! You are NOBODY
Wei H
Legendary

Activity: 1192
Merit: 1001

Chinese translator

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 12:16:09 PM

The merit, looks like something like "👍"(like) on social media, it good to see it be here.....(I'm happy I have already 1000 merit so that I can keep on legend)
TMAN
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 12:18:48 PM

Actually the only fair step for introducing the merit system would have been to reset all ranks with it, even if higher level ranks probably will not agree here, because they think they deserver more then lower ranks because they are here longer then others. But this is just an excuse to give them more rights over lower ranks. It's like being in politics where governments are doing what they want just because they got elected before.

I've been on this forum 4 years longer than you. The only unfair thing is me having to read consistent drivel. I give away merits to those who are trying. I am in the top 10 for giving and receiving merits, so shut up and embrace it and I might send some your way
You is a common stupid person which got his rank on shit-posts. And if DeMerit system will be implemented we will see you a Jr.Member. And you has not any right to shut any mouth! You are NOBODY

You shut your mouth.. see said it I don't see anyone stopping me do you? Shall I also call you a dickhead?? Cod I can

███████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
sncc

Activity: 536
Merit: 513

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 12:21:54 PM

What if I want to send points to someone that really deserve it but I don't have enough "balance"!!
If you found good quality posts but you do not have sufficient sMerit, I recommend you to apply for merit source:

Certain users are designated as "merit sources". They can create new merit out of nothing, up to a limited number per month (which differs per source). I will not be posting a definitive list of merit sources (so that people don't bug them too much), though you'll soon figure out who they are if you pay attention.

[Abbreviated]

If you want to be a merit source:

1. Be a somewhat established member.
 2. Collect TEN posts written in the last couple of months that have not received nearly enough merit for how good they are, and post quotes for them all in a new Meta thread.
 3. We will take a look at your history and maybe make you a source.

I am especially eager to have merit sources in sub-communities such as the local sections.
adotrulez

Activity: 168
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 12:37:24 PM

This thread summarily reminds me of the following:

Industrial Revolution.

American Revolution (1775–1783)

French Revolution (1789–1799)

Haitian Revolution (1791–1804)

United Irishmen Rebellion (1798)

Serbian Revolution (1804–1835)

Latin American Wars of Independence (1808–1833)

Greek War of Independence (1821–1832)

I already sense a revolution revolving (if the overwhelming response from this thread just within a few days is anything to go by). This does not look good for the future of the forum to be honest.

Long live BitCoinTalk and all her members!
jimmywh

Activity: 140
Merit: 22

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 12:44:19 PM

I am here to fix my own error
By the help deeds of actmyname i found out that i already made a mistake without knowing it
Here is the story and i already Private message this to actmyname.

I recently had been penalized by actmyname:

Actmyname: Very likely connected alts: {albert11, CornHub}

CornHub sent trust to albert11 with no reference, Legendary Member albert11 sends 50 merits to CornHub's post which is really just a general recycled garbage post.

My message sent:
SORRY
Im being arrogant in putting in test the new system rules " merits" it should be 5 merits and not 50, i just realized that i made a typo graphical error within giving a merits in user cornhub,  just saw my fault because of the red trust.
About the post i just want to help him in ranking up a little bit, also that's a part of how i will glad to thank him for what i buy in real life" ledger nano" in our meetup.  

I hereby apologize for this thing
Looking forward for a chance.

If there any chance that i can made it right, please tell me.
I do want to continue at this forum, accepting punishment for my excitement.

No words can explain my fault
  No words can even exchange for my wrong action

Again, I deeply want to say I'm guilty for what happened.

*edited some words that might not clear*

I'm stunned to see that you plead guilty. Especially when that is not what you are doing at all.
Of course you wanted to send your friend 50 merits, and by doing that abuse the system. You also abused the system when you gave him merit for a real life trade. And you abused the system yet again when you admitted to helping a friend. The only thing you are truly sorry of is getting caught. Why don't you just admit to this instead of making up more lame excuses and lies? Move on and be happy that you didn't get banned as that is what you really deserve.

NB. At least your lazy-arse friend could have written a quality post, but I guess you guys are not the brightest minds amongst us.

rifiuti

Activity: 320
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 12:47:34 PM

Coming up; Merit Farms
coinsniperX

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 12:58:22 PM

You shut your mouth.. see said it I don't see anyone stopping me do you? Shall I also call you a dickhead?? Cod I can
This is what I'm thinking about you  Grin My 12 y.o. son has much more brain in his head. now you is in my ignore list, schoolboy  Grin
KiparisD

Activity: 323
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 01:06:26 PM

Hi guys, maybe i sing a same song and you tired about those texts, i agreed that system is good and needed, but little glitch is about quality of posts, for example i make quite quality posts and help people as i can, but nobody is not sent even 1 merit, and i don't know when i will be reach next rank by merit count, cause you can't force somebody to say thanks by merit, even when you truly help someone  Smiley
blackberry862

Activity: 91
Merit: 12

Solaris & ZeroCoin & txbit.io exchange ! Go !!!

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 01:10:50 PM

Hi guys, maybe i sing a same song and you tired about those texts, i agreed that system is good and needed, but little glitch is about quality of posts, for example i make quite quality posts and help people as i can, but nobody is not sent even 1 merit, and i don't know when i will be reach next rank by merit count, cause you can't force somebody to say thanks by merit, even when you truly help someone  Smiley
That is setback of current merit system. Hope that Theymos will adjust it a little bit. However I strongly believe that this one will entirely change the forum in possitive way.
GC2263

Activity: 64
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 01:17:46 PM

I shre your sentiment. I hv posted a question here but noone seems to bother reading it nor reply it. Is it because i'm a newbie so not worth to reply? Or many r being selective reader?

I also saw someone posted a comment with similar meaning as mine but that person got merit point. Maybe i am in everyone's ignore list hahahaaa...
djangocoin

Activity: 474
Merit: 285

Brave New World

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 01:31:25 PM

I shre your sentiment. I hv posted a question here but noone seems to bother reading it nor reply it. Is it because i'm a newbie so not worth to reply? Or many r being selective reader?

I also saw someone posted a comment with similar meaning as mine but that person got merit point. Maybe i am in everyone's ignore list hahahaaa...

I've mentioned this before, but i will again: i think a lot of people just skip over or ignore posts from newbies as they assume their spam/worthless posts. I think it is going to take a very long time for a lot of people to rank up any. Of course some will, but i think the majority will remain low ranked regardless of quality of posts.

:]
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1750

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 01:56:26 PM
Merited by Samarkand (1)

I wonder if we will see more copy and pasting so farmers can appear to have better quality posts.

Computing power is often bundled together or "pooled" to reduce variance in miner income. Individual mining rigs often have to wait fir long period to confirm a block of transactions and receive payment. In a pool, all participating miners get paid every time a participating server solves a block. This payment depends on the amount of work an individual miner contribute to help find that block.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitcoin_network

This looks like a typical shit poster.  Is he now using someone else's material as his own in order to get merit for a quality post?

I've reported this idiot and this one was super easy to catch as his reply was completely off topic and vaguely familiar...  What about someone who's a little more sophisticated about it?  I hope the community will continue to aggressively monitor this as stealing someone else's work is LOW really really LOW.
Pages: « 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 ... 329 »
  Print  

Jump to: