Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:05:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 [177] 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 ... 329 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit & new rank requirements  (Read 166607 times)
SHBlizzard

Activity: 196
Merit: 124

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 04:14:41 AM

in a lot of other forums (cars, electronics, sports) they sometimes call this +rep(utation), almost everyone (except brand new accounts) can +rep/"merit" any post, but it is not like a Unit where i have 4 sMerits to give and that is it until some one merits you. You have unlimited +reps but you can only give them 1 at a time (someone has a good post, you can give 1 +rep, s/he posts again you can give again 1+rep). Whereas here i can give all my sMerits to one person and then not have any for ages until someone decides to merit me.

IMO we should have something more similar to that (or a combination of some sort), having given out all of my 4 sMerits early on when they first launched, I have not been able to merit posts that perhaps deserved a merit since then. IMO the sMerit barrier is too high for newer of forum members. just my 2 cents  Roll Eyes

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .   
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CodyAlfaridzi

Activity: 1708
Merit: 541

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 04:53:42 AM

in a lot of other forums (cars, electronics, sports) they sometimes call this +rep(utation), almost everyone (except brand new accounts) can +rep/"merit" any post, but it is not like a Unit where i have 4 sMerits to give and that is it until some one merits you. You have unlimited +reps but you can only give them 1 at a time (someone has a good post, you can give 1 +rep, s/he posts again you can give again 1+rep). Whereas here i can give all my sMerits to one person and then not have any for ages until someone decides to merit me.

That system will be easily abused especially by account farmers who had hundreds of account. The reason why theymos choose to limit sMerit and carefully selecting some members as merit sources are to prevent such abuse. It successfully halts the account farmers but also creates a new problem: other genuine members having a hard time to rank up. I agree with your opinion, the merit in circulation right now is simply not enough in my opinion.
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2018, 04:57:25 AM

That system will be easily abused especially by account farmers who had hundreds of account. The reason why theymos choose to limit sMerit and carefully selecting some members as merit sources are to prevent such abuse. It successfully halts the account farmers but also creates a new problem: other genuine members having a hard time to rank up. I agree with your opinion, the merit in circulation right now is simply not enough in my opinion.

sMerit availability has been increased by ~50% to 17650 per month. Was ~12k previously.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=merit;stats=sources
usamamalik555

Activity: 615
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 05:44:27 AM

I can not find the answer to the most probably common question. Are smerits regenerated? I was very generous and distributed more than half of the merits, but how can I resume the number of smerits? for what merit are they renewed?
FlightyPouch

Activity: 1638
Merit: 300

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 06:26:17 AM

I can not find the answer to the most probably common question. Are smerits regenerated? I was very generous and distributed more than half of the merits, but how can I resume the number of smerits? for what merit are they renewed?

sMerits are not replenished unless you are a merit source.

If you will be wondering how will you get another sMerit to give then you must make posts that is worthy of merit, for every 2 merits you receive you will be getting 1 smerit. For members that is the only way you can get merit but if you want more, you can always apply for becoming a merit source.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████     
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████   
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
!
tsoyens01

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 06:32:05 AM

I do not speak English well, but reading this thread I understand that the theymos did it right and whoever does not say it is the owner of the resource and dictates the rules if someone does not like the rules of the site, nobody keeps it there. those who remain on the site accept new rules and try to match them, but maybe newcomers (or those who are forced to develop their own account on a new basis) will not be able to rank higher, and what prevents you from striving for this, make quality records.
I honestly do not care about the merit system, I do not participate in ICO, I read the branches about the software for mining, because I myself have a bullet on the pool, and I keep my hand on the pulse. you can always learn something new, and then after some time later tell the newcomer about it.
when I came here as a novice, I knew nothing but nicehash, and now I work in the powershell and ruler as I need, I myself do executable files, and let me not be young already, but while I'm interested in this topic, I will study reading and mastering new items. Thanks to everyone who gives the right information
athanz88

Activity: 476
Merit: 359

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 01:22:12 PM

Every people who only cares about rank probably joined the forum just to make money, because all they care the most is ranking up, that is the main and basic reason why they didnt get the merit normally, because they feel this system is too heavy thus render them too lazy to study and increase their quality.

Guess what? If you are newbie, you only need to score 1 merit daily to rank up normally. It is hard but not an impossible task in my opinion.

You must be in the running for petty president eh as you so eloquently hypo-preached huh? But like assholes, everyone has one. I'll take your "Petty" neg and smile "Hippocrite"

And for the numbers below your name, all that does is show how much free time you have. #getajob or #Graduate

Don't know you to know which. But I'm sure you'll say whichever you feel like makes you matter in this world.

Then why dont you follow his step and give more time to get those merits?

All you do is whining, only gives a little of your time and you want to get a lot of merits? Dont be a hypocrite. If you do the hard work you will get the results. It applies in every world, real world or internet world.
SergiuDemerji

Activity: 98
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 05:40:34 PM

I`m looking at this post it`s really amazing but i`m confused regarding the merit given for comments . It`s unfair what someone is writng a interesting post and is not receiving at least 1 merit and someone is writing a comment and receives 100 merit . This system is not working properly at all . Who is in charge regarding merit Huh I just what to share one of my post where i think i deserve at least 1 merit point .

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3103449.msg32045858#msg32045858

Very nice post i will repeat one more time but the system is not working properly Sad
xBoxLive

Activity: 266
Merit: 25

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 05:46:42 PM

Every people who only cares about rank probably joined the forum just to make money, because all they care the most is ranking up, that is the main and basic reason why they didnt get the merit normally, because they feel this system is too heavy thus render them too lazy to study and increase their quality.

Guess what? If you are newbie, you only need to score 1 merit daily to rank up normally. It is hard but not an impossible task in my opinion.

You must be in the running for petty president eh as you so eloquently hypo-preached huh? But like assholes, everyone has one. I'll take your "Petty" neg and smile "Hippocrite"

And for the numbers below your name, all that does is show how much free time you have. #getajob or #Graduate

Don't know you to know which. But I'm sure you'll say whichever you feel like makes you matter in this world.

All you do is whining, only gives a little of your time and you want to get a lot of merits? Dont be a hypocrite. If you do the hard work you will get the results. It applies in every world, real world or internet world.

I personally don't have the time to live on Bitcointalk.org. I work 50+ hours a week and login to bitcointalk.org about twice a day to sale misc goods. Now is this fair to me, or others like me, that we can't rank up because of this? Again, opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. And I'm fairly sure you know mine. Point is, if Theymos can sell whitelist to be able to post more on Bitcointalk, then selling Merit Rank-ups should be no different.
tekusa

Activity: 56
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 06:24:18 PM

I personally don't have the time to live on Bitcointalk.org. I work 50+ hours a week and login to bitcointalk.org about twice a day to sale misc goods. Now is this fair to me, or others like me, that we can't rank up because of this? Again, opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. And I'm fairly sure you know mine. Point is, if Theymos can sell whitelist to be able to post more on Bitcointalk, then selling Merit Rank-ups should be no different.

Most of the people who are not here for signature campaigns need not bother about merits at all. The members who are not able to get merits and are thus not able to participate in bounties are the ones who are calling merit system a failure. Since, you primary purpose is to sell accounts here, why do you want a higher rank. You have already got sufficient relaxation in PMs and posting frequency as per your current rank. If you are providing good services or products and clients are happy, they will give positive trust to you and it will make your profile look more credible even without merits.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10148

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 06:27:10 PM

You do not receive merit just because you happen to (hypothetically) be a good person (or a hard worker) outside of  the forum.  You get merit for your forum contributions and the perception of others regarding your posts, and you get negative perceptions, as you already experienced, when you attempt some nonsensical contrary principles to the merit system, and selling of merits is contrary to the whole concept of merit... and if you were a bit more insightful, you might have explored such topic in a more exploratory way, rather than attempting to impose and advocate for something that you either purposefully or conceptually don't seem to want to attempt to understand (except through attempting to apply your faulty analogies, which have already been pointed out to you through negative trust - thanks to nullius willing to spend some time in assessing the substance of your previous posts).

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
athanz88

Activity: 476
Merit: 359

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 06:28:21 PM

Snip

I dont want to talk about the old system, it can not be talked anyomer since the systam has changed, and it will be irrelevant if we talk about past system with now system. But i want to ask you questions, one about past system,
1. do you think it is fair for people who did a good post and contribute a lot and focusing to 1 account (many users are like this and even if they have alt, they announced their alt) to rank up the at the same rate with the spammer?
2. Do you really think it is fair for people who does a good post and contributing a lot to rank up at the same rate as a litlle time spender like you?

The rank is there but it doesnt mean you can and should achieve it like it is your right. It is just like an education. It is your right as a human and must be given by your country, but it doesnt mean you can get into a high school or college or even class promotion in a school if you dont have the requirement for it, it is a privilege you should achieve.
Imagine if i dont have a good score and requirement to enter harvard and then i talk loudly that it is an unfair things, does it sound genius?

You should check on pinned thread on meta, as far as i know rank doesnt decide on how much you can post or how much time needed before you can post again, it is only decided by activity number.
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2018, 06:47:23 PM

If you only use the forum to sell stuff - why do you care about merit and rank?
xBoxLive

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 06:48:21 PM

Thats really simple and a dump question both. Who will get more sales? Legendary vs Member
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2018, 07:05:41 PM

Thats really simple and a dump question both. Who will get more sales? Legendary vs Member

Member with green trust would probably get more sales than Legendary with red.
xBoxLive

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 07:14:57 PM

Member with green trust would probably get more sales than Legendary with red.

Maybe. Thats hard to say without reliable testing and results. But we both know that straight up, +0/0 Legendary vs +0/0 Member, the Legendary is going to get more sales.
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2018, 07:54:02 PM
Merited by YuTü.Co.in (1)

Maybe. Thats hard to say without reliable testing and results. But we both know that straight up, +0/0 Legendary vs +0/0 Member, the Legendary is going to get more sales.

I don't know that so not sure how you can claim that we both do.

I think that someone who treats rank as an indication of trustworthiness is begging to get scammed. Ranks in the "old" system meant just that the user was active for a certain length of time, and in the "new" system it may eventually mean that the user was active and wasn't an utter shitposter. None of this has anything to do with trustworthiness in a trade. I guess you're implying that your customers are stupid and don't know that. Fair enough. Still it seems that your effort would be better spent towards building trust than building rank.
Inn0vative1
Copper Member

Activity: 68
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2018, 04:34:10 AM

I am fairly new to Bitcoin Talk. I learned that the merit system used to be more "liberal" before, but was changed recently. Before, users would earn merit based on the number of posts they made. Later, the stipulation that they earn merit from other users was added. While I see the logic in doing this (to ensure higher quality posts), this gives an unfair advantage to people who were here before. These people earned merit almost automatically by contributing to this community, now, doing the same would not earn users merit automatically.

An alternative would be a system such as used by Reddit or Stackoverflow, any user can easily vote a story or post up or down, granting merit (or reputation) on those other platforms. By making a few select people the "custodians" of merit, this creates a biased, undemocratic, unlevel playing field that unfairly rewards older members and punishes new ones. If a user makes a post that benefits 1000 members of this community, but those 1000 members are mostly new members so are not able to give merit, their efforts go unrewarded. However, if an older member makes a post that is seen by 10 of his other older member friends, that member gets more merit for that. This is an unfair and biased system. I get the reasoning and idea behind it, but practically, it's not the best way to allocate merit (IMHO)... Especially on a platform that is known as one of the most important sites for decentralized technologies like Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency in general.
belyaevi

Activity: 70
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 04:50:31 AM

I am fairly new to Bitcoin Talk. I learned that the merit system used to be more "liberal" before, but was changed recently. Before, users would earn merit based on the number of posts they made. Later, the stipulation that they earn merit from other users was added. While I see the logic in doing this (to ensure higher quality posts), this gives an unfair advantage to people who were here before. These people earned merit almost automatically by contributing to this community, now, doing the same would not earn users merit automatically.

An alternative would be a system such as used by Reddit or Stackoverflow, any user can easily vote a story or post up or down, granting merit (or reputation) on those other platforms. By making a few select people the "custodians" of merit, this creates a biased, undemocratic, unlevel playing field that unfairly rewards older members and punishes new ones. If a user makes a post that benefits 1000 members of this community, but those 1000 members are mostly new members so are not able to give merit, their efforts go unrewarded. However, if an older member makes a post that is seen by 10 of his other older member friends, that member gets more merit for that. This is an unfair and biased system. I get the reasoning and idea behind it, but practically, it's not the best way to allocate merit (IMHO)... Especially on a platform that is known as one of the most important sites for decentralized technologies like Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency in general.

Those selected few members are not the custodians of the merit system. They got more default merits than lower rank members but those merits will get spend in few months. Thing of the merit system in long term. Once all the default merit points are spent, the merits will come from merit sources. These merit sources are picked by the admin and they will not be biased. If any merit source tries to give preference to senior members while giving merits that will be spotted by the admin as all merit data is publicly available. Some of the times senior members are in better position to answer queries and thus get merited.
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 06:18:09 AM

How much is a reasonable price for you to pay to have something like copper membership allowing you to rank up without having merits? if the forum could sell enough of this new membership, we could have a monthly prize for top merited members by using the money.
There would be no extra merits, just your account with no merit requirement for ranking up.

I get the reasoning and idea behind it

You are lying. you don't get it.

unfairly rewards older members and punishes new ones.

Because old members have much more to lose.

If a user makes a post that benefits 1000 members of this community, but those 1000 members are mostly new members so are not able to give merit

They should learn from that one user. not to post garbage and feel cheerful about earning money.

By making a few select people the "custodians" of merit, this creates a biased, undemocratic, unlevel playing field

More democratic than this? all the merit related data is on the table, if you could find significant abuse of the system, report them and receive merits. if you don't have any useful inputs, help however you can. like I do. I consider the current situation a crisis, I am not honoring the deal with the signature campaign I'm currently enrolled. I have posted mostly in meta and in beginners & help where I'm not getting paid to post. if the manager was a bastard like her enemies, I shouldn't have get paid at all. I have earned enough in this forum than I could've earned in real life. I owe them my life.
There is no thread worth reading and posting, they all are airdrop and garbage token related. off chain payment projects should be the topic of discussions, they are not. I would beg anybody to direct me to a few useful topics on them and receive some merits for doing so.

🖤😏
Pages: « 1 ... 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 [177] 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 ... 329 »
  Print  

Jump to: