Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 11:51:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 329 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit & new rank requirements  (Read 166591 times)
goyal.dkg

Activity: 336
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:42:52 AM

conclusion of this rule -

1. all the hero / legendary members can relax with this rule - they already skipped from its boundary and gained their higher ranks with whatever post they did .

2. full or senior members will have litle bit sad face as theywere just near to their higher rank .

3. member and jr member - this rules specially will hit these members - so take a rest , do a course of crypto + communication skills , try hard and achieve this goal .

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MrLitex

Activity: 546
Merit: 110

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:43:58 AM

In general, a good idea and it really will help the forum, I think, although the understanding of users will not come soon (at least 2 - 3 months) and I believe that there will be some sort of mitigating changes for the generation / reception of Merit.

Although it would be much more interesting to make a Merit-token on the ERC-20, it is permissible and bind it to accounts and to the current system (It would also be like steem / golos.)

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:44:30 AM

May I ask what the point of the merit system is to give to legendary members?  Doesn't that just reduce the supply for everyone else making it even harder?
Not at all. Merit is not given out or transferred. Only sMerit is given out (giving sMerit means that someone will get both merit and sMerit, and you will lose sMerit). The supply that matters is the sMerit supply, not the merit supply. The reason legendary members get merit is so that they meet the requirement for their rank.

Your points are only valid if they are seen and "merited" by a select-few members of this community.
"select few" A few hundred thousand members of the community got sMerit, not just "a select few".

Doesn't anybody else see the mile-long list of potential issues that may arise from this?
Issues, yes. Mile long, no. Perhaps you could enlighten us and list your mile long list of issues.

Hi Andrew,

How do you tell how many sMerits you have to give? Do you click into that +merit link on the side of the post?

icalical

Activity: 1372
Merit: 268

Graphic & Motion Designer

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 03:44:40 AM

I want to ask, if later then someone or some people trade their merit, or even selling their sMerit would it be illegal?
And is there any limitation for sending sMerit daily, weekly, or monthly. Or maybe we can only sent certain number of sMerit to the same account.

e.g Can we give 10 or more sMerit to same account instantly,?

goyal.dkg

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:44:47 AM

1. those who are already hero or legendary members , why they should not reviewed again ?? they already got enough merits for any bounty or articles , now they have no tension of this rule . it will only affect to new users .
Older members have posted hundreds or thousands of posts. Personally I think that if this system would have existed when I created my account then, after more than 3k posts, I'd have hundreds or 1,000+ merit. So, while it's not perfect, granting 1,000 merit points to Legendary members is a good approach.

That said, I agree older members should be reviewed. If most of their posts are low quality then it would make sense to get some merit points removed.

2. smerits are limited , like me got only 1 , so i will have to think a lot before giving it to anyone .. it means more demand less supply , further it means high price of smerits in grey market .  AND few days back mods team exposed a prank played on some members , they were taking money for bumping threads , and they accepted it too . so what is the guarantee those type of people will not sell smerits ?
Black market of merit points will be an issue. I'm sure about this. I (and I'm sure most DT members) will try to spot sales, but it will be very difficult.

i am just asking to review old one , we know who are real hero or legendary member of this forum , but some so called hero are villain of this forum , still enjoying perks of this forum .
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 6531

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 03:46:14 AM

Hi Andrew,

How do you tell how many sMerits you have to give? Do you click into that +merit link on the side of the post?
Go to: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=merit

jtipt

Activity: 1064
Merit: 529

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:46:27 AM

Still not sure how the initial sMerit amount is decided, I had got 88 sMerit that is less that 1/5th of my merit and AFAIK I have not missed even one activity period in last year.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:48:33 AM

Hi Andrew,

Go to: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=merit

Ah, cool. Thanks

Erelas

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 03:52:45 AM

I wish there would have been some sort of option of giving dislike (-ve merit) to the spam/LQ posts and if any post receives certain -ve merits/dislikes,it should be automatically deleted /hidden

Obvious issue with that is it would almost immediately be abused, same as trust.  So, for the moment, I'm glad it is staying the way it is, but someone with too much time on their hands is probably going to do their best to game it, human nature, of course.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
99th

Activity: 196
Merit: 22

Las Vegas

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:53:37 AM

I think this new system would be great if it was implemented originally. Also, it is kind of sad that ranks just inherited certain amounts of merit. People with high ranking accounts pretty much just got the biggest hook up that could have been provided to them. I mean seriously, I think if the team here at bitcointalk reevaluates this after a month or two and realize what they did, they will end up reverting some things with this new "merit" system, or doing away with it all together.

About a decade ago, ATS (Above Top Secret), the greatest forum in the world back then, had a similar system with start ratings for each person and post. Their system was MUCH better in terms of design and functionality. Maybe take a look at that and redo this change which will only make it even more difficult for members to rank up. Some people, who contribute often and with quality, deserve a system that makes it easier for them to rank up.

If the merit system gave stars next to a user's name, with visible icons, and did NOT cost merit to be given merit, then this might work better.

Just my 2 cents.
Praesidium

Activity: 409
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:53:57 AM

I've been thinking, what if your quality post is good and on point but still nobody merit you because they dont give a sht for the merit system or they're lazy to do so. So the conclusion is they will be stuck at their current rank?
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 6531

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 03:55:41 AM

If the merit system gave stars next to a user's name, with visible icons,
It does, in the form of your rank.

and did NOT cost merit to be given merit, then this might work better.[/b]
It doesn't cost merit. It costs sMerit, whose only purpose is to be given out.

Lutpin
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1874

Goodbye, Z.

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 03:55:46 AM

I've been thinking, what if your quality post is good and on point but still nobody merit you because they dont give a sht for the merit system or they're lazy to do so. So the conclusion is they will be stuck at their current rank?
Then theymos has made a bad job at selecting merit sources. If you're a source and you dont participate, you do not deserve being one (you dont benefit from being one either).

If the merit system gave stars next to a user's name, with visible icons, and did NOT cost merit to be given merit, then this might work better.
It does not cost merit to give merit. It costs sMerit, which is something different. Read the OP again.
If you still dont understand read this:

You have Merits, those you cannot send.
You also have sMerits, those you can only send, they have no other purpose.

When someone gives Merit to you they lose sMerit of the amount transfered and you gain Merit as well as sMerit (which in case you can send again).

Example: Should I send 10 Merit to you for a post, my sMerit would decrease by 10.
Your Merit would increase by 10 and your sMerit would increase by 5.

Merits are exclusively earned, but the sMerit part you also get keeps the circulation flowing.

(Ignoring merit sources here, for the sake of making an easy example.)

A lot of confusion about Merit and sMerit, maybe that's not the best name for them?

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀████▄
████▀██████▀█▀██████▀████
██████████████████████████
▐█████▄███████████████▄█████▌
▐███████▄▄█████████▄▄███████▌
▐██████▀█████████████▀██████▌
▐███████████████████████████▌
▀██████████████████████▀
▀████▄████▄▀▀▄████▄████▀
▀███████▀███▀███████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████

▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
            ██                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄                           ██
           ██  ██████                ▄██████████▄     ████████████████████▀
          ██  ████████             ▄████▀   ▀████▄    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
         ██  ████  ████           ████▀       ▀██▀    ████
        ██  ████    ████        ▄███▀                 ████

██  ████      ████       ███▀                  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ██  ████        ████      ███                   ██████████████
     ██  ████          ████     ███▄                  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██  ████████████████████    ▀████                 ████
   ██  ██████████████████████    ▀████▄        ▄██▄   ████

██  ████                ████     ▀████▄   ▄████▀    ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██  ████                  ████      ▀██████████▀     ████████████████████▄
  ██                                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██
   ▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
ruletheworld
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1045

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 03:57:54 AM

That doesn't sound like a legitimate concern. If it is important for people, it will circulate. I'll be using the new system, for example, so if I come across a high quality post from you, then I'll give you Merit. I am sure the same can be said for many others in the forum. Over time, more people should start adopting it as well.
Lassie

Activity: 602
Merit: 134

bounty manager? contact me: https://bit.ly/2skHgzN

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:03:27 AM

IMHO only those users with high rank friends (and multi account) will benefit in this Merit thing. I don't think many users will waste their time clicking on +Merit and waste few seconds of their life just to give someone some merits. I guess too many users will stay Newbie - Member rank
goyal.dkg

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:03:41 AM
Last edit: January 25, 2018, 04:58:27 AM by goyal.dkg
Merited by husnanparebok (1)

ok all admins/mod please read this , if you find it helpful then implement it -

solution to make sure smerits get distributed on daily basis to most of eligible members without any fraud -

1. increase smerit supply first .

2. to check fraud implement these rules -

a. A person can give only smerits to max 5 members per day .

b. a member cant give smerit to same person again until he give it to 5 other different members .

c. any member who shared his smerit to less than 5 members in a month , reduce few merits from his account . bcoz he is like inactive member of forum .

d. a member can give only maximum 20 smerits to other member in a month . it will help in stopping grey market .
OR if a member have 100 smerits then he cant send more than 20% of his merits to same guy in a month .

e. all the existing members who are already at highest rank , they should receive at least 50 merits per month form other users to keep maintain their rank , those who fails get penalty of -20 merits . bcoz if they are high rank members then it means their post quality should of high level , and it will not be hard to get 50 merits in a month for them . if it is hard even for them , then think how much hard it will be for new members !!

f. show the dashboard where we can see how many smerits were shared between which members ..

g. if i see last post of a member from his profile then it dont show smerits received there , please show it there too , it will help to find if someone giving smerits for old posts or not (to skip from mod check) .

will think more and edit the same post .
warning_btc

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

Decentralized Digital Billboards

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:07:04 AM

Now very soon we seen new type of services.
Merit service in telegram groups, pay for merit(

Praesidium

Activity: 409
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:07:11 AM

That doesn't sound like a legitimate concern. If it is important for people, it will circulate. I'll be using the new system, for example, so if I come across a high quality post from you, then I'll give you Merit. I am sure the same can be said for many others in the forum. Over time, more people should start adopting it as well.
I get your point, maybe after some time members here in the forum will adopt to the change implemented by the admin. Even though it will take a longer time in order to rank up, i am with this update because i believe it is time to bring change in this forum, it is time to punish account farmers and shitsposters. Well kudos to the admin for making this possible.
athanz88

Activity: 476
Merit: 359

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:08:42 AM

This is a great system for this forum, and i guess it is needed now because there are lot of account farmer right now.

For all who thinks this system is a big hit to new member and not for the old member, it is not completely true. While old member is already at high rank, they are given the minimum merit points of their rank, from there, if they dont get merit points then we can assume his/her is not an active person or not posting some good quality post.

Things that must be taken seriously are :
1. Annual trading of merit points between friends or group without a high quality post in it.
2. Merit point seller or buyer.
But i guess this 2 things is already considered by theymos before introducing this merit point system.

This is a great thing for our forum, but with new thing, comes new responsibilty for all of us.
Lutpin
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1874

Goodbye, Z.

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 04:09:05 AM
Merited by TheQuin (2)

I don't think many users will waste their time clicking on +Merit and waste few seconds of their life just to give someone some merits.
I waste my time reporting spam and bullshit to the moderators, over and over again.
Now I can be constructive and reward good posts instead of punishing bad ones.
I would say that is an improvement.

a. A person can give only smerits to max 5 members per day .
This limits my ability as a source. I want to spread the sMerit I have (200ish right now), but with that, I couldn't right now.
I would be limited to give many sMerit to a few people, rather than giving a few sMerit to many people (eg 10 to 20 newbies to help them rank up).

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀████▄
████▀██████▀█▀██████▀████
██████████████████████████
▐█████▄███████████████▄█████▌
▐███████▄▄█████████▄▄███████▌
▐██████▀█████████████▀██████▌
▐███████████████████████████▌
▀██████████████████████▀
▀████▄████▄▀▀▄████▄████▀
▀███████▀███▀███████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████

▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
            ██                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄                           ██
           ██  ██████                ▄██████████▄     ████████████████████▀
          ██  ████████             ▄████▀   ▀████▄    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
         ██  ████  ████           ████▀       ▀██▀    ████
        ██  ████    ████        ▄███▀                 ████

██  ████      ████       ███▀                  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ██  ████        ████      ███                   ██████████████
     ██  ████          ████     ███▄                  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██  ████████████████████    ▀████                 ████
   ██  ██████████████████████    ▀████▄        ▄██▄   ████

██  ████                ████     ▀████▄   ▄████▀    ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██  ████                  ████      ▀██████████▀     ████████████████████▄
  ██                                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██
   ▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 329 »
  Print  

Jump to: