Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 11:41:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 329 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit & new rank requirements  (Read 166568 times)
tambenile

Activity: 64
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 08:59:23 AM
Last edit: January 25, 2018, 09:20:04 AM by tambenile

I see a lot of merits given to Legendaries in this thread - what's the point of this? I mean, other than boosting their egos, Legendaries don't have any actual use for merits.
Should we not disable merits for Legendaries? sMerits are a scarce resource, after all.
Yes and no, right now, merit sent to legendaries is wasted. Likewise, sMerit not being used and sitting in an account is wasted.
If I have a lot of sMerit I wouldnt use, why not give them for an exceptional post, even by a legendary, to show some appreciation?
I'd still have enough left to reward posts from lower members after that.

Another aspect: If they make high quality posts and you send them merit, that is a good example for newbies.
They can check which kind of posts gain merit and learn how to increase their post quality that way.
Sorry sir but did you send any of your sMerits points to another ? And what rank is that one ? Can you picture it for me please ?
P/S: No offense to you but only to figure out how hard you guys can give some sMerits to other people ( the normal one not fabulous and famous like you). You can get them easy doesn't mean others can.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10129

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:00:49 AM

I see a lot of merits given to Legendaries in this thread - what's the point of this? I mean, other than boosting their egos, Legendaries don't have any actual use for merits.

Should we not disable merits for Legendaries? sMerits are a scarce resource, after all.

NOT

Seems like you have a groundless objection, and a proposal that comes off as resentful merely because legendaries have been awarded with Merit.. (or grandfathered in).

By the way, merits and smerits are not the same thing.   Roll Eyes

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
derago21

Activity: 350
Merit: 12

Crypto Enthusiast!

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:02:12 AM

Finally found this thread after a lot of digging through, Great Initiative, Hope I get some merit score in the future Smiley
onurgozupek

Activity: 1283
Merit: 591

In #Bitcoin me trust

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 09:02:35 AM

You think Merit system will increase post quality but you probably forgot how people are smart. They are selling and buying Merits at the moment. There will be Merit-rich users because they have money and they will sell Merits who needs higher ranks. Sorry guys, Merit system won't increase post quality...
Vladlenius

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:03:28 AM

Nice update, I've been waiting for something like this, just do not understand how to deal with the intentional cheating merit ??
uralcryptocoin

Activity: 1042
Merit: 328

SIGNATURE CREATION by uralcryptocoin

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:06:04 AM

Certain users are designated as "merit sources". They can create new merit out of nothing, up to a limited number per month (which differs per source). I will not be posting a definitive list of merit sources (so that people don't bug them too much), though you'll soon figure out who they are if you pay attention.

Did I get right? Is there a defined amount of merits created each month? If so how many merit points will be created each month?

BTC   Bitcoin: A Peer-to-Peer Electronic Cash System   BTC
A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution. Digital signatures provide part of the solution, but the main benefits are lost if a trusted third party is still required to prevent double-spending. We propose a solution to the double-spending problem using a peer-to-peer network. The network timestamps transactions by hashing them into an ongoing chain of hash-based proof-of-work, forming a record that cannot be changed without redoing the proof-of-work. The longest chain not only serves as proof of the sequence of events witnessed, but proof that it came from the largest pool of CPU power. As long as a majority of CPU power is controlled by nodes that are not cooperating to attack the network, they'll generate the longest chain and outpace attackers. The network itself requires minimal structure. Messages are broadcast on a best effort basis, and nodes can leave and rejoin the network at will, accepting the longest proof-of-work chain as proof of what happened while they were gone.
tambenile

Activity: 64
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:07:48 AM

I specifically used my time to read this thread right from the beginning. I must confuse this system is a good attempt to wipe away shit posting but it is also another way to drive this forum to some kind of politics play where by some higher ranked members will be giving out merits based on friendship, popularity and ass-licking (it has already start happening). Look at those whom are highly happy about this system are those whom have the power of merit allocation are been placed on their hands. Even if we know people whom are giving each other merits, they will still try to prove you wrong by saying that those they gave it to deserve it. I think the better way to have done this is, is for the admin to be the ones to allocated the merit and not fellow forum users. Even if it takes months to rank up through our merits; it is the best because you will know that you are thoroughly been judged or evaluated through what you contribute.  But with it been in the hands of fellow users; a user with excellent posts will take up to months if not years to rank up because some higher ranked members view the low ranks as nothing. If you think am wrong start up a new account and post high quality post to run this test.
Good luck to you buddy, seem like the way to be a full member for you is an impossible mission .
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3892
Merit: 2197

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 09:07:55 AM

Did I get right? Is there a defined amount of merits created each month? If so how many merit points will be created each month?

According to Theymos up to 8125 merit could be created per month as of right now:
Each source has a different limit per 30 days. The current average is 185, and in total up to 8125 merit could be created per month.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
asapjoshyy

Activity: 728
Merit: 115

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:08:07 AM
Merited by digaran (10)

so Merit is now needed to rank up.... what happens if im a Full Member about to be a Senior Member in a few weeks time??? Do i now have to accumulate 150 "merit" by posting quality posts??? I do enjoy this system because it will stop bad quality posts, but what if you are making good positive posts and helping members but people just decide not to "merit" you because they are selfish or dont care??? Of course most people here are good people and you give what you get , the system says half of the merit you receive you can give away as well??? So if somebody gives me for example 10 merit and im at 100 total, im now at 110, if i give 5 away in return to somebody will i be at 105 now?? Sorry just trying to understand this system Smiley
thanks , and glad to see positive movements to making the forum better for the community
Fafabol

Activity: 267
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:10:33 AM

Another aspect: If they make high quality posts and you send them merit, that is a good example for newbies.
They can check which kind of posts gain merit and learn how to increase their post quality that way.

And in this way newbies will and I hope get inspired to those who got merit and everybody should see this new rules a better way for all of us to make a good one. Moreover, it will also benefit to ourselves to improve the way we treat this forum, not of course a source of money but it's more than a learning ground and expanding our knowledge in crypto currency.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:12:19 AM

Certain users are designated as "merit sources". They can create new merit out of nothing, up to a limited number per month (which differs per source). I will not be posting a definitive list of merit sources (so that people don't bug them too much), though you'll soon figure out who they are if you pay attention.

Only if you are a merit source.  Otherwise the only way that you receive new s-merit is by receiving merit from others. 

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
undeadbitcoiner

Activity: 896
Merit: 272

Undeadbitcoiner Will not DIE until 1BTC=50K

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 09:13:46 AM
Merited by asapjoshyy (1)

so Merit is now needed to rank up.... what happens if im a Full Member about to be a Senior Member in a few weeks time??? Do i now have to accumulate 150 "merit" by posting quality posts??? I do enjoy this system because it will stop bad quality posts, but what if you are making good positive posts and helping members but people just decide not to "merit" you because they are selfish or dont care??? Of course most people here are good people and you give what you get , the system says half of the merit you receive you can give away as well??? So if somebody gives me for example 10 merit and im at 100 total, im now at 110, if i give 5 away in return to somebody will i be at 105 now?? Sorry just trying to understand this system Smiley
thanks , and glad to see positive movements to making the forum better for the community
In my understanding Merit and sMerit is different and you send sMerit to someone not your Merit so if you send 5 you will still be in same but when you get Merit your merit rank will go up and sMerit will be subtracted when you send. Than is my opinion which i just used sending merit which deducted my sMerit but not my Merit

Swopon
Copper Member

Activity: 700
Merit: 120

Gamdom

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 09:13:56 AM

I think that's a chance for negative trust user.They can earn some positive reputation with merit.
Is there a fixed amount of merit for each month?

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:15:07 AM
Merited by asapjoshyy (10)

If someone gives you 10 merits, then you are at 110, and you have 5 additional smerits that you can give away.  When you give away the smerits, that does not substract from your 110 merits, it only subtracts from your smerits, which is a separate pool.

AGD
Legendary

Activity: 2069
Merit: 1164

Keeper of the Private Key

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:16:15 AM

Thank you @Theymos for this interesting experiment.

Bitcoin is not a bubble, it's the pin!
+++ GPG Public key FFBD756C24B54962E6A772EA1C680D74DB714D40 +++ http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1C680D74DB714D40
zidane

Activity: 938
Merit: 517

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:17:54 AM
Merited by 3txx (1)

Will the Merit System be supported to an ERC20 Token? Would be nice to trade this on an Exchange
athanz88

Activity: 476
Merit: 359

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:18:12 AM

1. Yes indeed, you need 150 merit points to rank up to sr.member, just like me, although my activity isn't as high as you.

2. If you made a good post, i believe someone will gives you merit points. Because people must gives merit to others,the sMerit (sendable merit) will be diminished if you dont use it.

3. Your merit points will not reduced if you send merit to others. Only your sMerit will be reduced.
Benezim

Activity: 420
Merit: 142

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 09:18:53 AM

I see a lot of sMerits given to Legendaries in this thread - what's the point of this? I mean, other than boosting their egos, Legendaries don't have any actual use for sMerits.

Should we not disable sMerits for Legendaries? sMerits are a scarce resource, after all.

NOT

Seems like you have a groundless objection, and a proposal that comes off as resentful merely because legendaries have been awarded with Merit.. (or grandfathered in).

By the way, merits and smerits are not the same thing.   Roll Eyes

Yeah, I corrected the typos, still getting used to merits/sMerits.

But back on topic: there is no resent in my objection, I am just trying to understand the new system and make it work.

As of today, sMerits are scarce and have two functions:
(a) appreciation for good quality content and
(b) a resource to rank up

They are being granted by a few and will be hot merchandise for those who do not have them. Appreciation can be expressed in different ways and that's where I see that sending sMerits to Legendaries is pointless.
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3892
Merit: 2197

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 09:19:46 AM

Will the Merit System be supported to an ERC20 Token? Would be nice to trade this on an Exchange
No. Just no. Merit is not meant to be traded. It is not a commodity. In fact, I'll give anyone that buys or sells merit, a negative trust rating (just like I do with people buying/selling trust).

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
asapjoshyy

Activity: 728
Merit: 115

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:20:11 AM

If someone gives you 10 merits, then you are at 110, and you have 5 additional smerits that you can give away.  When you give away the smerits, that does not substract from your 110 merits, it only subtracts from your smerits, which is a separate pool.

thanks brotha, i appreciate the response ... So basically your "Merit" stays and cannot decrease
But you get HALF the "Smerit" of whatever "Merit" somebody sends to you for people who dont understand...
somebody sent me 10 "Merit" and now i have 5 extra "Smerit" i can now use to send to other accounts with positive comments i enjoy/ help the community.... seems pretty cool, now ill just need to see how much Smerit we can use if its a weekly/monthly limit and im assuming the higher the rank the more Smerit you can have to send out
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 329 »
  Print  

Jump to: