Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:29:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 329 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit & new rank requirements  (Read 166611 times)
Happiest

Activity: 206
Merit: 22

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:20:30 AM

Will the Merit System be supported to an ERC20 Token? Would be nice to trade this on an Exchange

No, it won't. It has nothing to do with token.

Edit; Sorry for double reply. It has already been answered above.
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bachelorrd

Activity: 80
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:22:26 AM

I see this is way morally done than just painting guys red with "bad image" labeling.

Fighting against Inequality!
asapjoshyy

Activity: 728
Merit: 115

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:24:14 AM

so Merit is now needed to rank up.... what happens if im a Full Member about to be a Senior Member in a few weeks time??? Do i now have to accumulate 150 "merit" by posting quality posts??? I do enjoy this system because it will stop bad quality posts, but what if you are making good positive posts and helping members but people just decide not to "merit" you because they are selfish or dont care??? Of course most people here are good people and you give what you get , the system says half of the merit you receive you can give away as well??? So if somebody gives me for example 10 merit and im at 100 total, im now at 110, if i give 5 away in return to somebody will i be at 105 now?? Sorry just trying to understand this system Smiley
thanks , and glad to see positive movements to making the forum better for the community

1. Yes indeed, you need 150 merit points to rank up to sr.member, just like me, although my activity isn't as high as you.

2. If you made a good post, i believe someone will gives you merit points. Because people must gives merit to others,the sMerit (sendable merit) will be diminished if you dont use it.

3. Your merit points will not reduced if you send merit to others. Only your sMerit will be reduced.

Ya it kinda sucks to see this implemented literally weeks away from me ranking up haha , but in the end it should be good for the community, its tough seeing bot accounts just drop the exact same 1 liner comments in threads everyday... for my own selfish reasons i wish this happened next month haha but its for the best Smiley Guess ill have to post some quality tips/ pointers to get my Merit up to get this Senior rank ive been looking forward to since joining.... goodluck on your journey to Senior as well buddy.. 2018 gonna be a good year for crypto and this bitcointalk community
Benezim

Activity: 420
Merit: 142

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 09:24:44 AM

Yes and no, right now, merit sent to legendaries is wasted. Likewise, sMerit not being used and sitting in an account is wasted.

Right, unused sMerit is another topic that needs to be addressed. Maybe start with more a broader distribution of sMerit sources and gradually weed out those who do not use their sMerits
BlockEye
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1097

Bounty Mngr & Article Writer https://goo.gl/p4Agsh

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:24:51 AM
Last edit: January 26, 2018, 02:53:22 AM by BlockEye
Merited by tyz (1), undeadbitcoiner (1)

so Merit is now needed to rank up.... what happens if im a Full Member about to be a Senior Member in a few weeks time??? Do i now have to accumulate 150 "merit" by posting quality posts???

The new ranking system is implemented already. And merit is required now so you must start now posting high-quality post to rank up.

So if somebody gives me for example 10 merit and im at 100 total, im now at 110, if i give 5 away in return to somebody will i be at 105 now?? Sorry just trying to understand this system Smiley
thanks , and glad to see positive movements to making the forum better for the community

As far as what I understand and observe when I send merits to someone. The merit that given to you will be permanent because there is separate merit that used to share with others and that's what they called sMerit. So if you have 100 merit and somebody gave 10 to you. You will still have 110 merits even if you share 5. AFAIK the 50% of the merit that given to you (10merits) will be added to the balance of your sMerit.

Further explanation in numerical figures.

Initial Merit = 100
Initial sMerit= 60

When someone shares merit to you
Share Merit = 10

Therefor

Final Merit = 100 + 10 = 110
Final sMerit = 60+5(50% of shared merit) = 65

When you give merit to others

Initial Merit = 110
Initial sMerit = 65
Merit give to somebody = 10

Therefor

Final Merit = 110
Final sMerit = 65-10 = 55

Please correct this statement if wrong. Thanks

tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1530

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:25:14 AM

I really like it. I have waited for a long time to see a gamification extension for BTCT. A merit-based system fits good to the community.
mstfprcn

Activity: 700
Merit: 553

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:27:20 AM

just curious;

exp. i am hero activity +600 , merit: 550 ,

some guys can easily give - merit (when -merit will be available ) and reduce my merit under 500, in this case; may rank will be level down Hero to Sr ?

asapjoshyy

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:27:27 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

so Merit is now needed to rank up.... what happens if im a Full Member about to be a Senior Member in a few weeks time??? Do i now have to accumulate 150 "merit" by posting quality posts???

The new ranking system is implemented already. And merit is required now so you must start now posting high-quality post to rank up.

So if somebody gives me for example 10 merit and im at 100 total, im now at 110, if i give 5 away in return to somebody will i be at 105 now?? Sorry just trying to understand this system Smiley

As far as what I understand and observe when I send merits to someone. The merit that given to you will be permanent because there is separate merit that used to share with others and that's what they called sMerit. So if you have 100 merit and somebody gave 10 to you. You will still have 110 merits even if you share 5. AFAIK the 50% of the merit that given to you (10merits) will be added to the balance of your sMerit.

Further explanation in numerical figures.

Initial Merit = 100
Initial sMerit= 60

When someone shares merit to you
Share Merit = 10

Therefor

Final Merit = 110
Final sMerit = 60+5(50% of shared merit)

When you give merit to others

Initial Merit = 110
Initial sMerit = 65
Merit give to somebody = 10

Therefor

Final Merit = 110
Final sMerit = 55

Please correct this statement if wrong. Thanks

well i started with 100 merit... was given 10 merit for 110 total

I personally just had 11 Smerit to send out after having 110 Merit TOTAL .... so im not sure how it works totally yet?? Im assuming ill get more "Smerit" when somebody sends me some Merit then i can send that out for good posts.... So basically get Merrited and earn Smerit to send out in return
Aoirayn

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:27:30 AM

Will the Merit System be supported to an ERC20 Token? Would be nice to trade this on an Exchange

No, it won't. It has nothing to do with token.

I am pretty sure that was a joke. And a pretty good one at that Tongue
I'd give merit, if I could!

I like the system, I just hope it works. I'm trying to add good posts in this community, but I'm not sure that I am in the right part of the forum to get merited (Altcoin discussion and announcements)
We'll see, we'll see.
xzone
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1481

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:28:19 AM

It will definitely be useful for forum. So that the quality of the message on the forum will increase, the useful content will be seen and the people assigned to the spam message will end.
Thank you Smiley

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
asapjoshyy

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:29:19 AM

just curious;

some guys can easily give - merit (when -merit will be available ) and reduce my merit under 500, in this case; may rank will be level down Hero to Sr ?

I dont think having  -merit would be a good system imo, because people could just do that to members they dont like with no basis... dropping down ranks over that wouldnt make logical sense... But if it were to happen i could see it downgrading to the bottom of the merit system of the certain rank , but it wouldnt actually make you rank down, it would just knock you down to the minimum merit for your current rank .. IMO
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 2197

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 09:30:26 AM

just curious;

No idea, since you are speculating about a system that hasn't even been created yet. However, I think someone's rank should not be decreases because of people giving negative merit, but that depends on who those people are.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
athanz88

Activity: 476
Merit: 359

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:32:24 AM

Yeah, I corrected the typos, still getting used to merits/sMerits.

But back on topic: there is no resent in my objection, I am just trying to understand the new system and make it work.

As of today, sMerits are scarce and have two functions:
(a) appreciation for good quality content and
(b) a resource to rank up

They are being granted by a few and will be hot merchandise for those who do not have them. Appreciation can be expressed in different ways and that's where I see that sending sMerits to Legendaries is pointless.

How do you measure it as useless? If the legendary members got point because they deserved it coz they post something great, it wont be useless for them. As you may see, they are given the default amount of merit points, and if they cant increase it, we can conclude that the members is not active or isn't making any great post. So it doesn't matter if they have 1000 now because it was their previous work before this updates, that point is a default point, it is just the same as zero in my opinion.
meanwords

Activity: 1624
Merit: 163

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:33:05 AM

So basically, merit is a way to determine those who are constructively doing sentences. If I myself got a merit, that means I am contributing quality post in this forum. Right?
Tramirostronix

Activity: 1078
Merit: 340

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:33:53 AM

Hi, a little bug:  in my profile i have Merit: 100 but when i post it's 95  Grin

I love XRP. XRP>BTC + DEDICACE A JULIEN le CROISE
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 2197

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 09:34:00 AM
Merited by minifrij (1)

So basically, merit is a way to determine those who are constructively doing sentences. If I myself got a merit, that means I am contributing quality post in this forum. Right?
Anyone can give you merit for crappy posts, so I wouldn't say that a post with merit is a quality post.

Hi, a little bug:  in my profile i have Merit: 100 but when i post it's 95  Grin
I see Merit: 100 on my side.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:34:46 AM

lol, go away for a year and now stuck at a Hero rank until I can accumulate another 500 merit.

Decent system, will it be standard to get neg trust by mods when people try to sell merit?

I think negative merit would be a bad decision if ever implemented, I could see SuchMoon's merit hitting 0 from farmed accounts, lol
Tramirostronix

Activity: 1078
Merit: 340

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:35:27 AM

Anyone can give you merit for crappy posts, so I wouldn't say that a post with merit is a quality post.

Hi, a little bug:  in my profile i have Merit: 100 but when i post it's 95  Grin
I see Merit: 100 on my side.

ok weird now its 100  Cheesy problem fixed  Smiley

I love XRP. XRP>BTC + DEDICACE A JULIEN le CROISE
sapta
aka BitRentX
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 1718
Merit: 1205

Yield.App

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 09:35:58 AM

Im assuming ill get more "Smerit" when somebody sends me some Merit then i can send that out for good posts.... So basically get Merrited and earn Smerit to send out in return

Yes, you will get 0.5 sMerit (sendable Merit) for every 1 Merit you receive.
asapjoshyy

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:36:07 AM

the only thing i dont love is most of the members who are asking questions on the sub forums arent a high rank so they cant even send you Merit for helping them..... Most of the Full Members + are pretty knowledgeable in the crypto space.... so it could be tough
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 329 »
  Print  

Jump to: