Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 11:28:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 329 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit & new rank requirements  (Read 166609 times)
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 2197

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 09:36:20 AM

Decent system, will it be standard to get neg trust by mods when people try to sell merit?
I am not sure about other Staff/DefaultTrust members, but I will.

ok weird now its 100  Cheesy problem fixed  Smiley
It was probably cached or something.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Andrej Peiboski

Activity: 350
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:37:08 AM

Let me know if I understand:

I've at present 10 merit received by the system, as member rank. In just a month I should become Full Member.
Does this means that if I don't receive 100 merits I won't uprank?

I don't know how easy it will be to receive merit, but if this is true, the system it made just to award who is already uprank, and to make impossible to low rank to grow, as I'm very skeptic that someone will give merit to a newbie/jr.

I mean, it seems to me that now there are a lot of full/hero members with...uh... not so high quality posts, but they have hundreds of merits just by their rank, not by quality.

In the meanwhile I appreciate the "merit idea", this aspect seems to me very unfair.

(of course, there is the possibility I didn't understand well; in this case, let me know)

digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:37:46 AM

I see this is way morally done than just painting guys red with "bad image" labeling.
Bad image labeling is still in place, if you are a scammer, no matter how many merit points you have. some body like Quickseller fluent and with a good post quality deserves to receive merits for his post quality, but you should avoid trading with him.

I only had 88 smerits a.k.a a lowlife beggar.
Sent 5 to Lauda because I learned something from her post.
Sent 3 to Lutpin because a very good point was made in his post.
Sent 10 to a random member because I couldn't say what he said any better.

🖤😏
Tramirostronix

Activity: 1078
Merit: 340

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:38:25 AM

the only thing i dont love is most of the members who are asking questions on the sub forums arent a high rank so they cant even send you Merit for helping them..... Most of the Full Members + are pretty knowledgeable in the crypto space.... so it could be tough

that's true. maybe every new user should have at least 1 sMerit ?

I love XRP. XRP>BTC + DEDICACE A JULIEN le CROISE
TheQuin

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 09:43:31 AM

I only had 88 smerits a.k.a a lowlife beggar.

I only had 22 so what does that make me?

I like the system much more than when it was first suggested. My only reservation is that for it to work well the merit sources will have to put a lot of effort into rewarding posts that deserve it. We'll have to wait and see how it works out, but there is a danger the whole thing could stagnate when the novelty wears off.

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
athanz88

Activity: 476
Merit: 359

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:44:36 AM

I've at present 10 merit received by the system, as member rank. In just a month I should become Full Member.

I don't know how easy it will be to receive merit, but if this is true, the system it made just to award who is already uprank, and to make impossible to low rank to grow, as I'm very skeptic that someone will give merit to a newbie/jr.

I mean, it seems to me that now there are a lot of full/hero members with...uh... not so high quality posts, but they have hundreds of merits just by their rank, not by quality.

In the meanwhile I appreciate the "merit idea", this aspect seems to me very unfair.

(of course, there is the possibility I didn't understand well; in this case, let me know)

1. Yes, you wont uprank before you receive 100 merit points.

2. It will be hard, but it is not impossible to grow your rank up.

3. It is a new system, and there are rooms for new things for it to be better, but In my opinion it is a fair solution to fight spammer and account farmer problems right now.
asapjoshyy

Activity: 728
Merit: 115

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:45:12 AM

im in the same boat about to rank up to Senior.... so yes it sucks for us in the short term .. but it will make the community better
now i need to make 140 merit haha lets do this thing... and you need to make 90 merit for Full Member even if you have enough activity
TheBeardedBaby
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134

₿uy / $ell

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:45:17 AM
Last edit: January 31, 2018, 12:21:20 PM by iasenko

I Have updated my Rank and Activity Calculator according to the new rules. Now you can learn more about Merit and sMerit.
If you find it useful that would be great. It's made most for the new users Smiley
Cheers Smiley
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2534500.msg25841174#msg25841174

magpie_lover

Activity: 182
Merit: 8

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 09:45:25 AM

"For current members, your initial merit score is equal to the minimum required to your rank"

Unfortunately, have to admit it is another one of those steps heavily skewed in favor of early adopters.
gnipnuhz

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:45:32 AM

applause for the change.  the merit system, especially the "send half merit received to other people" part, reminds me why not create a token for merit
asapjoshyy

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:46:59 AM

the only thing i dont love is most of the members who are asking questions on the sub forums arent a high rank so they cant even send you Merit for helping them..... Most of the Full Members + are pretty knowledgeable in the crypto space.... so it could be tough

that's true. maybe every new user should have at least 1 sMerit ?

yes because a great way to help the community is helping new members... but those new members have no Merit to pay your efforts for helping them out.. Which kind of defeats the purpose ?? But it works just for quality posts in general , but i think helping newer members should reward something in this system imo...
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 2197

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 09:47:58 AM

I like the system much more than when it was first suggested. My only reservation is that for it to work well the merit sources will have to put a lot of effort into rewarding posts that deserve it. We'll have to wait and see how it works out, but there is a danger the whole thing could stagnate when the novelty wears off.
> Inb4 I get spammed with a million requests

I won't mind giving some merit to people that are new on the forum and make good quality posts (as in really helpful, not just lengthy and repeating what has been said before). I just need to figure out how to do such a thing, maybe I should just keep taps on the Patrol page.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
Lutpin
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1874

Goodbye, Z.

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 09:49:11 AM

Honestly, this is so much better than reporting. And everyone has instant visual feedback.
(I'll keep reporting, but something like this was needed)

Unfortunately, have to admit it is another one of those steps heavily skewed in favor of early adopters.
Early adpoters == those users, that assumably have been writing good posts for years already and get some merit as reward for those now?

yes because a great way to help the community is helping new members... but those new members have no Merit to pay your efforts for helping them out.. Which kind of defeats the purpose ?? But it works just for quality posts in general , but i think helping newer members should reward something in this system imo...
Sources monitor eg the Beginners&Help section and reward those helping out newcommers. Problem solved.

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀████▄
████▀██████▀█▀██████▀████
██████████████████████████
▐█████▄███████████████▄█████▌
▐███████▄▄█████████▄▄███████▌
▐██████▀█████████████▀██████▌
▐███████████████████████████▌
▀██████████████████████▀
▀████▄████▄▀▀▄████▄████▀
▀███████▀███▀███████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████

▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
            ██                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄                           ██
           ██  ██████                ▄██████████▄     ████████████████████▀
          ██  ████████             ▄████▀   ▀████▄    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
         ██  ████  ████           ████▀       ▀██▀    ████
        ██  ████    ████        ▄███▀                 ████

██  ████      ████       ███▀                  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ██  ████        ████      ███                   ██████████████
     ██  ████          ████     ███▄                  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██  ████████████████████    ▀████                 ████
   ██  ██████████████████████    ▀████▄        ▄██▄   ████

██  ████                ████     ▀████▄   ▄████▀    ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██  ████                  ████      ▀██████████▀     ████████████████████▄
  ██                                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██
   ▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
Benezim

Activity: 420
Merit: 142

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 09:49:38 AM

Yeah, I corrected the typos, still getting used to merits/sMerits.

But back on topic: there is no resent in my objection, I am just trying to understand the new system and make it work.

As of today, sMerits are scarce and have two functions:
(a) appreciation for good quality content and
(b) a resource to rank up

They are being granted by a few and will be hot merchandise for those who do not have them. Appreciation can be expressed in different ways and that's where I see that sending sMerits to Legendaries is pointless.

How do you measure it as useless? If the legendary members got point because they deserved it coz they post something great, it wont be useless for them. As you may see, they are given the default amount of merit points, and if they cant increase it, we can conclude that the members is not active or isn't making any great post. So it doesn't matter if they have 1000 now because it was their previous work before this updates, that point is a default point, it is just the same as zero in my opinion.

Yeah, I see that appreciation part. I just think it's unfortunate to mix up (a) and (b).

Another thing is information advantage over time. The crypto sphere constantly needs new people. If you are new to crypto, you are not be in a position to create high quality content. sMerits will more likely concentrate in accounts that have been around for long, which prevents ranking up and emphasizes the divide, driving out new people over time.
zenrol28
Copper Member

Activity: 854
Merit: 110

Give Hope For Everyone!

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 09:51:11 AM

The merit system got implemented like 10 hours ago. So expect different kinds of reactions. Either negative or positive, those reactions will add to the improvements of this system.

We will see how it goes for the coming days.

How about giving incentives to an active member who is always giving his / her sMerits to quality posts. Like +1 Merit for every 50 sMerits given. So a member will not only make quality posts, he / she will also read and give sMerits to those who deserve it.

asapjoshyy

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:52:49 AM

Quote from: asapjoshyy on Today at 05:46:59 AM
Sources monitor eg the Beginners&Help section and reward those helping out newcommers. Problem solved.

if that is being done then i agree that would work... if there is a few "merit monitors"
but man giving like 1 merit for a few good quality posts when somebody needs hundred or more is really tough....
basically anybody close to ranking up is screwed over currently which sucks and anybody who is Senior Member + can just kick back
Long term this could be a positive thing for the forum but man it sucks big time for anybody close to ranking up in the next couple weeks
Wondervhel

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:53:21 AM

Well how much you get depends on the mood of the forum members too. In some forums you can get easier as it is faster to use.
Bitcointalk is a little bit slower forum for use so I don't expect many merit points, but it definitely brings out the quality.
I hope that need for quality will not bring out unnatural quality when someone tries to force the quality when there's none.
krishnaverma

Activity: 1274
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:53:47 AM

The merit system got implemented like 10 hours ago. So expect different kinds of reactions. Either negative or positive, those reactions will add to the improvements of this system.

We will see how it goes for the coming days.

How about giving incentives to an active member who is always giving his / her sMerits to quality posts. Like +1 Merit for every 50 sMerits given. So a member will not only make quality posts, he / she will also read and give sMerits to those who deserve it.

That will be very difficult to track for moderators. So far as giving Smerits is concerned, there is no point in storing the. It is mentioned that they may be nullified if not used for long term.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10148

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:57:48 AM
Merited by Benezim (1)

I see a lot of sMerits given to Legendaries in this thread - what's the point of this? I mean, other than boosting their egos, Legendaries don't have any actual use for sMerits.

Should we not disable sMerits for Legendaries? sMerits are a scarce resource, after all.

NOT

Seems like you have a groundless objection, and a proposal that comes off as resentful merely because legendaries have been awarded with Merit.. (or grandfathered in).

By the way, merits and smerits are not the same thing.   Roll Eyes

Yeah, I corrected the typos, still getting used to merits/sMerits.

But back on topic: there is no resent in my objection, I am just trying to understand the new system and make it work.

Fair enough that you are attempting to figure out the new system, and I understand how there could be a bit of frustration by the whole thing, and even seeming like starting over, in some regards, especially if you are half way through a rank, but then you only get awarded the minimum merit for that rank - as if you just got promoted to that level.

As of today, sMerits are scarce and have two functions:
(a) appreciation for good quality content and
(b) a resource to rank up

o.k.  So you are acknowledging that there is more than one purpose for merit.  Yes, we can concede that Legendary members no longer need to rank up; however, they can be rewarded for good work, and they can also give away smerit after they receive merit, then they receive  .5 smerit that they can give to someone else.

They are being granted by a few and will be hot merchandise for those who do not have them. Appreciation can be expressed in different ways and that's where I see that sending sMerits to Legendaries is pointless.

I am sure that we are going to be seeing how this plays out, and I doubt that Theymos is locked into this situation if he concludes that it is not working out as planned - but in any event, you seem to only be focusing on the ranking up aspect.. which you already concede is only part of the new smerits system.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
TheWinnerBro

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:58:30 AM

So we now need to Gain Merits as well as activity to rank up.  Shocked  Seems Pretty Hard. But I will be more friendly to the Forum and will try to create amazing and intresting posts.  Cool

Love Bitcoin Love Bitcointalk forum  Grin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 329 »
  Print  

Jump to: