Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 03:36:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... 329 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit & new rank requirements  (Read 166571 times)
TheQuin

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 09:19:11 AM

now i have 11 merit and needs 100 for that... so i will have to wait how many time? 1 year?

why merit give was not proportional to the progress in the rank?

if i'm at 90% of the next level why i have'nt 90 merit (next level is 100)  instead of only 10 ?

Because now it is a new system where you have to earn a rank up rather than just spam enough posts to get it automatically. The arbitrary timing might feel a bit unfair but the system has changed and moaning will achieve nothing, so adapt and move on.

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ragnartron

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 09:19:39 AM

Yes you can get many merits for just one comment, but is there enough merits in circulation we will see.
It will be hard to get them. Quality will be better I guess.
asapjoshyy

Activity: 728
Merit: 115

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 09:19:57 AM

I'm calling it a night, but I thought it'd be nice to share a merit joke with everyone before leaving, just to make some of you smile.  Grin.

A man appears before St. Peter at the pearly gates. 'Have you ever done anything of particular merit?' St. Peter asks.

Well, I can think of one thing, the man offers. Once, on a trip to the Black Hills, out in South Dakota, I came upon a gang of high-testosterone bikers who were threatening a young woman. I directed them to leave her alone, but they wouldn't listen. So I approached the largest and most heavily tattooed biker. I smacked him on the head, kicked his bike over, ripped out his nose ring and threw it on the ground, and told him, Leave her alone now or you'll answer to me.

St. Peter was impressed. When did this happen?

Just a couple of minutes ago.

congratulations, that was the worst joke ive heard in 2018  Grin
nafantc

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 09:23:36 AM
Last edit: January 26, 2018, 10:39:19 AM by nafantc

Members will not be able to collect 1 merit per post in average, and I didn't even consider merit decrease (right now every Member+ account has merit, and only merit sourses will get merit month to month).
This is not true. You can get multiple merits for a single post. Members here have got about 50 in total for a single thread from different members.

Yes, but how many of members got that much merit? Dozens? And hundreds (maybe thousands) even with useful posts got 0. If amount of merit could support every useful post with at least 1 merit, I'd agree with you.
asapjoshyy

Activity: 728
Merit: 115

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 09:24:37 AM
Merited by rattle99 (1)

now i have 11 merit and needs 100 for that... so i will have to wait how many time? 1 year?

if i'm at 90% of the next level why i have'nt 90 merit (next level is 100)  instead of only 10 ?

Because now it is a new system where you have to earn a rank up rather than just spam enough posts to get it automatically. The arbitrary timing might feel a bit unfair but the system has changed and moaning will achieve nothing, so adapt and move on.

senior members + wont care, they already have the rank
its just a fact, so many higher ranks did the exact thing this system is supposed to stop. So why punish newer users?
I still think being demoted to basically a new Full Member again when ive been working towards Senior Member for months , now i need to work 150 merit points which could literally take 6+ months is extremely unfair... It may sound like complaining but its a valid point regardless of being positive or negative. People who were about to rank up shouldnt be punished, and i hope something can be fixed where the activity you were at youll have a set amount of merit.. If im 10 activity away from a rank i shouldnt have the same Merit as the person who just began that rank? But most likely nothing will be fixed at this point , and people at the higher ranks who were close to ranking up will be screwed over , hope this fixes a ton of spam and trolls on this forum because it causes a ton of negative for some users like myself, every thread has terrible posters, its part of the fun sifting through the trash to see the treasure
curcumurus

Activity: 14
Merit: 7

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 09:31:11 AM
Merited by Mitchell (2)

I dig this new merit systems, cause it brings new dynamics to Bitcointalk. I don't like people who post low quality posts and rank up for that. A Newbie or Jr Member account with genuine merit is much more valuable than a hero shitposter to me
B4RF

Activity: 813
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 09:34:04 AM

Why isnt everyone simply starting at 0 Merit then?

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
▀██████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████
BTC  ◉PLAY  ◉XMR  ◉DOGE  ◉BCH  ◉STRAT  ◉ETH  ◉GAS  ◉LTC  ◉DASH  ◉PPC
     ▄▄██████████████▄▄
  ▄██████████████████████▄        █████
▄██████████████████████████▄      █████
████ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ████     ▄██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ▄██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ██
████ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ████ ▄██████▄
████████████████████████████ ████████
███████▀            ▀███████ ▀██████▀
█████▀                ▀█████
▀██████████████████████████▀
  ▀▀████████████████████▀▀ 
✔️DICE           
✔️BLACKJACK
✔️PLINKO
✔️VIDEO POKER
✔️ROULETTE     
✔️LOTTO
Zhen Zhibing

Activity: 121
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 09:34:28 AM

here what happen with Merit  Smiley
high rank member behaves as he's a hero giving merit. lol  Smiley

I don't get why we require a dedicated thread for this? And what exactly would people write in there? Anything as long as it's constructive? Sounds like it'd be an off topic mess to me. Why can't they just contribute to decent discussion in any of the other thousands of threads? This just seems like it'd turn into a merit begging thread. If you want merit then make decent well-thought out posts and you'll get it eventually.

I get your point. But that's also what people are scared of, like they are posting quality post but are still ignored. How many new people have been merited now for their good post?
Also if this section or dedicated thread cannot be implemented that's okay so I'll just ask a different question. So how about if I start a thread that says please tell me "Which is your favorite coin and why, I will give merit to whoever has the best answer/explanation"
is that allowed?

Ill throw you a bone as a newbie.. this is a one time offer to you only... (if anyone else PM's Me ill Neg them for begging)  

Post for a week, the posts need to be constructive, add to the community, provide value or make me laugh....

in a week PM me, ill check your threads and will give you upto 20 Merits..

if you have any "shitposts" (I will have a campaign manager judge the posts as well as myself) you will get nada.. I would also encourage any other Veteran Members to chuck the odd bone out like this to spread a bit of the merit love to the non shitposting 3rd world.. Everyone needs a chance

hashcoinusa

Activity: 342
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 09:34:33 AM

Is high quality post, a subjective perception or objective trait?  We have identify that and with a proper governance model, success is possible.    

TMAN
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 09:35:14 AM

I don't get why we require a dedicated thread for this? And what exactly would people write in there? Anything as long as it's constructive? Sounds like it'd be an off topic mess to me. Why can't they just contribute to decent discussion in any of the other thousands of threads? This just seems like it'd turn into a merit begging thread. If you want merit then make decent well-thought out posts and you'll get it eventually.

I get your point. But that's also what people are scared of, like they are posting quality post but are still ignored. How many new people have been merited now for their good post?
Also if this section or dedicated thread cannot be implemented that's okay so I'll just ask a different question. So how about if I start a thread that says please tell me "Which is your favorite coin and why, I will give merit to whoever has the best answer/explanation"
is that allowed?

Ill throw you a bone as a newbie.. this is a one time offer to you only... (if anyone else PM's Me ill Neg them for begging)  

Post for a week, the posts need to be constructive, add to the community, provide value or make me laugh....

if you have any "shitposts" (I will have a campaign manager judge the posts as well as myself) you will get nada.. I would also encourage any other Veteran Members to chuck the odd bone out like this to spread a bit of the merit love to the non shitposting 3rd world.. Everyone needs a chance

and here is another butthurt noob!!!

I gave the kid a chance to level up... what is wrong with that?

███████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
TheQuin

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 09:36:20 AM
Merited by Blazed (2)

senior members + wont care, they already have the rank
its just a fact, so many higher ranks did the exact thing this system is supposed to stop. So why punish newer users?
I still think being demoted to basically a new Full Member again when ive been working towards Senior Member for months , now i need to work 150 merit points which could literally take 6+ months is extremely unfair...

I was only a few weeks away from becoming a Hero, now it'll probably take months or years. I've got two choices, either sit here feeling sorry for myself and whine endlessly or just get on with it. The first of options doesn't seem to offer any benefit to anyone.

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
megget

Activity: 140
Merit: 12

Blockchain Identity Verification

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 09:39:02 AM

A lot of talk about the new system. We need to wait a month and see how it works in practice. But if everyone leaves without any changes, it will be very bad.
Now merits are given out much less than necessary to get a new rank to all users, so the merit value is high and everyone is trying to give it to their friends or sell. In the local branch in Russia, the cost of 1 merit is 4.5 dollars and this is not the limit. Will be even higher. I believe that the system work correctly, we need to take merits more than all users need. I will explain why:
If I have 100 merits and not 1 as now(rank member), then I will have more merit than necessary, but this does not mean that I will issue them all in a row. Filtering awards will be present in such a system, because I have no reason to reward for spam. Also, with an excess of merits, the forum will end their sales. And now we are getting a merit deficit, and even this small amount of merits is sold, but not issued.

TMAN
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 09:40:22 AM

A lot of talk about the new system. We need to wait a month and see how it works in practice. But if everyone leaves without any changes, it will be very bad.
Now merits are given out much less than necessary to get a new rank to all users, so the merit value is high and everyone is trying to give it to their friends or sell. In the local branch in Russia, the cost of 1 merit is 4.5 dollars and this is not the limit. Will be even higher. I believe that the system work correctly, we need to take merits more than all users need. I will explain why:
If I have 100 merits and not 1 as now(rank member), then I will have more merit than necessary, but this does not mean that I will issue them all in a row. Filtering awards will be present in such a system, because I have no reason to reward for spam. Also, with an excess of merits, the forum will end their sales. And now we are getting a merit deficit, and even this small amount of merits is sold, but not issued.

can you let us know the id's of who is trading merits please bud.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10130

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 09:41:09 AM

That's ridiculous.  Do you even believe your own bullshit? 

Go ahead.  If you really meant what you asked, then make the argument for why everyone should start at 0 merit without totally creating some new-ass fantastical system that makes no sense at all?

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Zhen Zhibing

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 09:44:57 AM

is that allowed?

yeah with a negative noble attitude
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10130

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 09:45:11 AM

Is high quality post, a subjective perception or objective trait?  We have identify that and with a proper governance model, success is possible.    

I think that it is whatever criteria that the giver of the merit decides, which would make it largely subjective; however, I would bet that there remains some pattern regarding the types of posts that receive merit are highly correlated with having actual objective merit.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
sergienkoe

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 09:48:33 AM

The problem is you dont have the ability to influence the level of your Merit.
Users will transfer their Merits to their "friends" only.
I've just checked your post history and all I can see are some short posts, Twitter bounty applications and posts in a trashed Russian thread (all Russian sections are on my ignore list). Not much there for me to give merit to (and I've been giving merit to a lot of random people: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=merit;u=113670).

I do agree with you that a lot of merit will be given to friends, which could be a problem in the future, we aren't sure yet, the system is brand new.

I understand that this system is brand new. What I write is constructive criticism. I dont ask Merit and do not protect the interests of people who write low-quality messages or spam. I express my point of view. Perhaps this will be useful feedback.

Unfortunately, there are language barriers in this world. I am fluent in ukrainian and russian, but not english.

The irony is that a trashed Russian thread is the most useful of all the local Russian branch. If there is an opportunity to answer briefly and in fact, I do not see the point of writing long messages.

With each new transfer the amount of Merit is reduced by half, In a few days, it simply will not remain.
How to grow account with the new rules?
Merit sources currently generate 9025 sMerit every 30 days, so there will always be a supply of merit.

It is said that the sMerit is charged once.
The whole next Merit is handed out by secret agents?
TMAN
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 09:49:00 AM

is that allowed?

if wanting this place to be better is negative to you then you are in the wrong place fella... you wont be getting any merits off me.

embrace change.

B4RF

Activity: 813
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 09:50:44 AM

That's ridiculous.  Do you even believe your own bullshit? 

Go ahead.  If you really meant what you asked, then make the argument for why everyone should start at 0 merit without totally creating some new-ass fantastical system that makes no sense at all?

Dude I just asked a question Cheesy keep calm.

As long as there are trusted accounts which generate Merit it should be easy for high level accounts to collect Merit faster then Newbies since they already get higher attention I would think.
Therefore eceryone starting at 0 Merit would be an option to create a system which benefits no one in particular and doesnt make it ridiculous hard for new accounts to lvl up.

I dont want the Merrit system to be that way but I simply showed the option since there was no proportional Merit progress within ranks what so ever. Starting at 0 wouldnt benefit some individuals Smiley

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████▄
▀██████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████
BTC  ◉PLAY  ◉XMR  ◉DOGE  ◉BCH  ◉STRAT  ◉ETH  ◉GAS  ◉LTC  ◉DASH  ◉PPC
     ▄▄██████████████▄▄
  ▄██████████████████████▄        █████
▄██████████████████████████▄      █████
████ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ████     ▄██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ▄██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ██
████ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ████ ▄██████▄
████████████████████████████ ████████
███████▀            ▀███████ ▀██████▀
█████▀                ▀█████
▀██████████████████████████▀
  ▀▀████████████████████▀▀ 
✔️DICE           
✔️BLACKJACK
✔️PLINKO
✔️VIDEO POKER
✔️ROULETTE     
✔️LOTTO
Zhen Zhibing

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 09:53:07 AM

is that allowed?

if wanting this place to be better is negative to you then you are in the wrong place fella... you wont be getting any merits off me.

embrace change.

never receive a merit from people like you.
also
[/quote]

embrace change.
[/quote]
this is a slander. and you do nothing to make BCT better
Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... 329 »
  Print  

Jump to: