Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 03:19:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 ... 329 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit & new rank requirements  (Read 166571 times)
megget

Activity: 140
Merit: 12

Blockchain Identity Verification

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 09:58:02 AM

A lot of talk about the new system. We need to wait a month and see how it works in practice. But if everyone leaves without any changes, it will be very bad.
Now merits are given out much less than necessary to get a new rank to all users, so the merit value is high and everyone is trying to give it to their friends or sell. In the local branch in Russia, the cost of 1 merit is 4.5 dollars and this is not the limit. Will be even higher. I believe that the system work correctly, we need to take merits more than all users need. I will explain why:
If I have 100 merits and not 1 as now(rank member), then I will have more merit than necessary, but this does not mean that I will issue them all in a row. Filtering awards will be present in such a system, because I have no reason to reward for spam. Also, with an excess of merits, the forum will end their sales. And now we are getting a merit deficit, and even this small amount of merits is sold, but not issued.

can you let us know the id's of who is trading merits please bud.

I can only inform the moderator in PM, because I do not need a negative trust. What will change, If I inform about sellers merit? The problem is in the system. If you catch 1 Legendary and 3 Hero nothing will change.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ccsang

Activity: 910
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 09:59:07 AM

its 500 merit..Maby take years for me to get a Hero Member..or someone can sell their merit to me.
Please let me know when someone does, so that I can give them a negative rating. Grin
huh ... negative rating ? someone start trading smerit (Chinese board)
I've post it yesterday and include thread link , I thought it's already deleted by mod , but thread still there
Zhen Zhibing

Activity: 121
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 10:01:14 AM

Next days in other forums or facebook, twitter, there will be thousands topics  of selling Merit  Smiley
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3892
Merit: 2197

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 10:09:27 AM
Last edit: January 26, 2018, 10:26:30 AM by Mitchell

It is said that the sMerit is charged once.
The whole next Merit is handed out by secret agents?
Yes, some people received some sMerit based on their rank and that is being given away right now. There are also ~45 Merit Sources which get a certain amount of merit each month which they can give away, which then can be given away to others (since every received Merit will grant you 0.5 sMerit).

I've post it yesterday and include thread link , I thought it's already deleted by mod , but thread still there
Must have missed it, this thread is huge. Anyway, given them a negative trust rating and reported to theymos and Cyrus.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10130

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 10:11:29 AM

now i have 11 merit and needs 100 for that... so i will have to wait how many time? 1 year?

why merit give was not proportional to the progress in the rank?

if i'm at 90% of the next level why i have'nt 90 merit (next level is 100)  instead of only 10 ?

Because now it is a new system where you have to earn a rank up rather than just spam enough posts to get it automatically. The arbitrary timing might feel a bit unfair but the system has changed and moaning will achieve nothing, so adapt and move on.

Why isnt everyone simply starting at 0 Merit then?

That's ridiculous.  Do you even believe your own bullshit?  

Go ahead.  If you really meant what you asked, then make the argument for why everyone should start at 0 merit without totally creating some new-ass fantastical system that makes no sense at all?

Dude I just asked a question Cheesy keep calm.

As long as there are trusted accounts which generate Merit it should be easy for high level accounts to collect Merit faster then Newbies since they already get higher attention I would think.
Therefore eceryone starting at 0 Merit would be an option to create a system which benefits no one in particular and doesnt make it ridiculous hard for new accounts to lvl up.

I dont want the Merrit system to be that way but I simply showed the option since there was no proportional Merit progress within ranks what so ever. Starting at 0 wouldnt benefit some individuals Smiley

In other words, what you are saying makes no sense, unless you happen to have nothing invested.

It sounds like some of those arguments that say, let's just blow everything up and start over.  

And, such a blowing everything up approach only makes sense if you don't have anything invested, and frequently a very short-sighted approach.

And, by the way, there is nothing not "calm" about my previous post, except your perception that it might not be "calm enough" for me to assert that your idea to be ridiculous.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Zhen Zhibing

Activity: 121
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 10:13:03 AM

Yes, some people received some sMerit based on their rank and that is being given away right now. There are also ~30 Merit Sources which get a certain amount of merit each month which they can give away, which then can be given away to others (since every received Merit will grant you 0.5 sMerit).

Must have missed it, this thread is huge. Anyway, given them a negative trust rating and reported to theymos and Cyrus.
Who will receive Merit source? what happen if they never give other a merit
sergienkoe

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 10:22:13 AM

I dig this new merit systems, cause it brings new dynamics to Bitcointalk. I don't like people who post low quality posts and rank up for that. A Newbie or Jr Member account with genuine merit is much more valuable than a hero shitposter to me

The problem is that a hero shitposter already with a rank. So the rank is not a guarantee that the user does something useful for the forum. This is an indication that he may have started to do his shitposts a year earlier than the others.

In this case, why not to zero the rank of absolutely all forum participants. Leave activity and give the chance to earn a Merit on an equal footing with everyone?
If the changes for the quality of content on the forum, it would be fair and correct.

For now, this will make it difficult for new participants to grow on the one hand and
High ranks by manipulating the merit available to them, they will grow their friends disproportionately fast

Perhaps there should be an indicator of the quality of the participant's messages?
Like - Position:   Jr. Member etc
btcrocks

Activity: 546
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 10:23:44 AM

Yes, some people received some sMerit based on their rank and that is being given away right now. There are also ~30 Merit Sources which get a certain amount of merit each month which they can give away, which then can be given away to others (since every received Merit will grant you 0.5 sMerit).

Even negative trust will not stop them from distributing those free merits for money.They should be banned to stop this and those merits should go back to where they came from?
TheQuin

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 10:29:29 AM

Even negative trust will not stop them from distributing those free merits for money.They should be banned to stop this and those merits should go back to where they came from?

Looking at the user's merit page they didn't give any yet they just placed an advert. With neg trust nobody is likely to buy from them now.

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
TMAN
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 10:30:00 AM

I dig this new merit systems, cause it brings new dynamics to Bitcointalk. I don't like people who post low quality posts and rank up for that. A Newbie or Jr Member account with genuine merit is much more valuable than a hero shitposter to me

The problem is that a hero shitposter already with a rank. So the rank is not a guarantee that the user does something useful for the forum. This is an indication that he may have started to do his shitposts a year earlier than the others.

In this case, why not to zero the rank of absolutely all forum participants. Leave activity and give the chance to earn a Merit on an equal footing with everyone?
If the changes for the quality of content on the forum, it would be fair and correct.

For now, this will make it difficult for new participants to grow on the one hand and
High ranks by manipulating the merit available to them, they will grow their friends disproportionately fast

Perhaps there should be an indicator of the quality of the participant's messages?

so you are saying having 5 years plus experience in bitcoin isn't a head start on someone like you? making and losing fortunes on Alts and securities scams, going through multiple "bitcoin crashes" all of that is worth nothing as you cant level up quick enough ??

███████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
djangocoin

Activity: 474
Merit: 285

Brave New World

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 10:33:42 AM

Theymos, thank you for making the +Merit link open in a new window.

Hopefully it does not introduce any security issues, and I believe it will make people use the system more.

Smiley

Ah nice!

Didn't like that it took you away from the thread every time you wanted to +Merit. I thought i was going to have to middle click every time i wanted to +Merit someone lol  Cheesy

:]
Samarkand

Activity: 658
Merit: 282

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 10:37:51 AM

Posting this for reference:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2826434.msg28958033#msg28958033

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2826456.msg28957371#msg28957371

The abuse of the new merit system is off the charts in my opinion. Within
not even 30 minutes of research I have come across countless instances of abuse
of the merit system or at least questionable behavior where obviously related people
(multi-accounts or at least a business relationship) are rewarding each other with merit points.

Meanwhile people are praising the "evolution" of Bitcointalk (see the links above) while
giving merit points to a 1:1 plagiarism. I did like the general intent of the merit
system initially even though I was one of the few people, who were most affected by this
(I´m only 2 activity points away from becoming a Senior Member), but right now I don´t think
that it is the solution that will improve the Bitcointalk reading experience in a sustained manner.

I know that it is too early to condemn the merit system, but my initial optimism has quickly
faded.
TheQuin

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 10:40:44 AM

The abuse of the new merit system is off the charts in my opinion.

I know that it is too early to condemn the merit system, but my initial optimism has quickly
faded.

The thing is that they'll soon run out of the sMerit they got in the airdrop and then all Merit will have to be earned. So I don't think this period will last long.

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
codemanX

Activity: 658
Merit: 129

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 10:41:24 AM

I‘m a Full Member since 28. September 2017, 2 Activity Points away from being a Senior Member which should happen in 5 days, and I get the same Merit like a fresh upgraded Full Member. Simple unfair although I like the new system, but Merit should have been distributed fairly.
Lydian

Activity: 1638
Merit: 686

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 10:47:30 AM

Somehow I'm worried that merits will only be given to the post-op.
But there can also be good answers that are - not always, but unfortunately mostly - neglected and get no merits (although they would have earned it).

This can lead to more and more new posts and everyone wants to open a new post. So we would have several posts on a topic.
That would certainly not in the sense of the forum and not in the sense of the merits.
akbasemre1

Activity: 123
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 10:51:09 AM

I am an old member and today i saw i have only 10 merit because I am not active member of forum before I become active again i have 2-3 post per month in overall since 2015 anyway I will be happy if i rewarded for not being spammers of the community for rank I was written a guide years ago Cheesy but since I don't care the ranks no problem for me i hope it will effect forum in good way

sergienkoe

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 10:53:43 AM

so you are saying having 5 years plus experience in bitcoin isn't a head start on someone like you? making and losing fortunes on Alts and securities scams, going through multiple "bitcoin crashes" all of that is worth nothing as you cant level up quick enough ??

Where did I say that?

I just want to say that with such an incredible, rich experience as you have, it will not be a problem to get a required 500 merit in short term to become a Hero Member again. Much easier than to learn to respect other users of the forum, regardless of their rank and point of view.
StelioKontos

Activity: 839
Merit: 267

Chad Hodler since 2013

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 10:55:05 AM

To make this system fair as it should be its primary pourpose, we all should start from scratch, with no rank whatsoever.

At present time, it mixes old ranks farmed with old rules with new shiny merit rules.

It's a system that promotes fairness, born in the most unfair way, putting low ranks in an HUGE disadvantage.

freebitcoin
BTC faucet & more
gecelerinyargici

Activity: 168
Merit: 12

"Akche, Türkiye'nin Dijital Parası"

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 10:55:24 AM

what is the purpose of merit system ?  its very hard to get rank up in this system , to be rank up why i need someone's initiative ?

TMAN
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 10:56:26 AM

Where did I say that?

I just want to say that with such an incredible, rich experience as you have, it will not be a problem to get a required 500 merit in short term to become a Hero Member again. Much easier than to learn to respect other users of the forum, regardless of their rank and point of view.

Why should I have to? that is the question....

this isnt about respect for newbies as I have been making it rain on noobs who have the correct attitude about the system. I want the forum how it was back in 2013..

this forum would be great if it was all like the collectibles section, relevant - no shit posts and a good positive community !

████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 ... 329 »
  Print  

Jump to: