Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 07:57:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 ... 329 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit & new rank requirements  (Read 166604 times)
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 08:08:47 PM

Here is a handy reference for those confused by the Merit system.

• 1 Merit  =  Like (AKA Agree)
  • 2 Merit  =  Upvote
  • 4 Merit  =  Upvote twice (you know you've always wanted this feature)
  • 20 Merit  = Bitcointalk Gold

/Merit whoring

I gave you 3 mate just to mess with your head a little..

great idea though, but it not quite as clear cut as loads of people didn't get as many as us!

It just occurred to me that we can go back and Edit our posts to anything we want without changing their Merit score. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

EG, I could add a "3 Merit" tier to my list and make it say something really rude/hilarious (best left to the imagination).

Of course you may also edit/delete your post in response but it's still a funny hack IMO.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
djangocoin

Activity: 474
Merit: 285

Brave New World

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 08:09:38 PM

Merit is a new system where older users can withhold merit from younger users so they can't rank up and earn all the bounties!

I don't think so, just look at this thread, a lot of higher rank members are already giving merits to lower rank members. This new method is not about hoarding bounties, this is about preserving the quality of the forum. There are a lot of forums in the internet that are already using the merit system in terms of likes and upvotes and so far it's been helping improve the quality of their forums.

Not sure you can say that at this stage though.. just because a trickle of new users in this thread (maybe 10% or so) are getting merit doesn't mean it's working. A lot are getting merit just because they are complaining that they don't have any merit and that it's unfair lol.

Out there in the wild: it may turn out that new users seldom get any merit at all.

Check this young account out..

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2828014.0

right attitude, quality post.. lots of merit from lots of people.. it is working fella

Again, that is just one sample, one data point. It could even just be an anomaly.

For every one user that makes a hot post/thread and gets tons of merit. You could have 99 users who get next to nothing or anything substantial.

:]
TMAN
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 08:10:18 PM
Merited by iCEBREAKER (1)

• 2 Merit  =  Upvote
  • 3 Merit  =  loves to touch goats testicles

/Merit whoring

great idea though, but it not quite as clear cut as loads of people didn't get as many as us!

It just occurred to me that we can go back and Edit our posts to anything we want without changing their Merit score. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

EG, I could add a "3 Merit" tier to my list and make it say something really rude/hilarious (best left to the imagination).

Of course you may also edit/delete your post in response but it's still a funny hack IMO.

Like above?

████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
Deena

Activity: 238
Merit: 49

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 08:20:10 PM

• 2 Merit  =  Upvote

/Merit whoring

Like above?

Are you going to quote everything you merit? That would really spam the forum.  Cheesy
mithrim

Activity: 434
Merit: 436

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 08:28:18 PM
Last edit: January 26, 2018, 09:49:11 PM by mithrim
Merited by stingers (1), bitcoin revo (1)

Well, while I appreciate the effort of improving the quality, I wonder if those changes are based on research or the pious wish that this will work. It doesn't matter how you call it, every form of ranking systems that are based on user-rating incentivizes trading and any kind of cheating whether by paying people making it a requirement in an airdrop etc.
Making it a commodity is a joke, sorry. It reeks of greed, an elite making their accounts even more valuable.

Another question: Why is the initial merit score equal to the minimum required to your rank? Why not proportionally to the actual activity?
Hope this will work, but I doubt it. Newbies will be disregarded and won't get merit, while known members will give themselves merit back and forth...
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 08:30:02 PM

It looks like 14 more sources have been added:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=merit;stats=sources

There are 49 merit sources with a total merit generation of up to 9925 sMerit per 30 days
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 08:34:56 PM

I really, really, really dislike popularity-based metrics and voting, more so on a site like this where there are so many people with networks of anonymous accounts, and even more so when its grandfathered in. I remember when another forum I was a high contributor on added essentially the same thing, and I had 10,000s of posts and 0 of it. My guides combined have millions of page views, but I will receive nothing from them. Additionally, I would be penalized for not reposting the same guide every 120 days, which seems to go against the stated intentions.

Why do you think you wouldn't get merit for your guides or penalized for not reposting? Those types of threads seem to be perfect for this. Surely some of those millions will find them worthy.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 08:42:55 PM

• 2 Merit  =  Upvote

/Merit whoring

LOL you frigin crack me up iCEBREAKER. You know you’re only crazy because you don’t have BCX to keep you in line anymore.

BTW: put your old avatar back up dammit. It’s like I’m looking at you naked now.

Creeptolady

Activity: 70
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 09:24:16 PM
Merited by adotrulez (3)

I have a long list of reasons why i detest this new system:

1. It DOES NOT IN ANY WAY REDUCE SPAMMING, it only changes the game to hustling, begging and trading the so called shit merit
2. I already foresee these so called merits becoming some high value market commodity...i hear people are already buying and selling the damned thing! Well, I for one do not have a dime to give to anyone in the name of trying to rank up.
3. What happens to true lovers of the community like me who have been ranking up through honest and detailed as well as informative posts all this while? Suddenly that motivation has gone out the window.
4. It has officially killed the ability of anyone to genuinely rank up cos even if one deserves to be 'merited', no one is willing to give them out freely.

In summary, MERIT SUCKS AND THIS DECISION SHOULD BE REVERSED TO PRESERVE THIS COMMUNITY from going into half communism, half capitalism mode.

There!! I just posted a very long non spammy write up but thanks to the new system, it doesn't count for dust!  Sad

Quite honestly, it's painful! There should have been a community poll about this merit thing. I think already abiding by the rules and not posting spam is merit in itself. If that is the case, most everyone deserves at least 1000 of these merits! I don't even think it makes any meaning and will only end up devaluing this forum, giving other fora the chance to edge out over it.

___ dock.io _______Decentralized professional data exchange powered by Ethereum_______
WHITEPAPER     █ █ █ █     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     TELEGRAM     █ █ █ █     ANN THREAD
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ● ⚫ ●  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
CrazyCraig

Activity: 501
Merit: 340

Bye Felisha!

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 09:26:44 PM
Merited by Dogedigital (10)

This merit system is so flawed its ridiculous. While I do support it some of the goals are outlandish and unreachable by the average user. I highly doubt most people will engage with merit.
gopaljiverma

Activity: 93
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 09:26:50 PM

ok, here is my story

yesterday i met this merit system and i not studed it 100 % and made a mistake sent to my 2 friends 40 merits ( 20 per one just for test ) they also answered me sending 40 merit total, today i studed this and understud i made mistake and now I am accused farmind and my trust goes to neg and no one is interested my explanations

i not shitposter, not spammer and not farmer

and now thus i understand this merit system, i no more will use it because  i scare to use it
if i send merit and like someone post and actmyname and others will set red colour to my trust  and will call me farmer and shitposter ?
its dangerous to use

where's the justice?

You made the same mistake twice ? If you were testing the feature, why you did twice ? Also, you friends repeating this and that also for your account cannot be a coincidence. Please try to read meta section for information regarding latest changes.
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 09:27:27 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

ok, here is my story

yesterday i met this merit system and i not studed it 100 % and made a mistake sent to my 2 friends 40 merits ( 20 per one just for test ) they also answered me sending 40 merit total, today i studed this and understud i made mistake and now I am accused farmind and my trust goes to neg and no one is interested my explanations

i not shitposter, not spammer and not farmer

and now thus i understand this merit system, i no more will use it because  i scare to use it
if i send merit and like someone post and actmyname and others will set red colour to my trust  and will call me farmer and shitposter ?
its dangerous to use

where's the justice?

You forgot to mention that you also exchanged trust with your suspected alts way before merit was implemented. Was it also a "mistake"?

Please start a new thread in Reputation, this is not the right place.
Deena

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 09:28:35 PM

Quite honestly, it's painful! There should have been a community poll about this merit thing. I think already abiding by the rules and not posting spam is merit in itself. If that is the case, most everyone deserves at least 1000 of these merits! I don't even think it makes any meaning and will only end up devaluing this forum, giving other fora the chance to edge out over it.

Could you tell me which fora you are talking about? I'm interested! You can send me a PM to prevent negative tags from the clique in charge.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 09:29:04 PM
Merited by Deena (1)

• 2 Merit  =  Upvote

/Merit whoring

Like above?

Quality shitpost.  Take your Merit and get outta here!  Cheesy

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Deena

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 09:33:23 PM

• 2 Merit  =  Upvote

/Merit whoring

Like above?

Quality shitpost.  Take your Merit and get outta here!  Cheesy

Cheesy Where are actmyname, The Pharmacist and Lauda with their quick negative's when you need them? Quickly visiting other threads?  Roll Eyes
Maum

Activity: 250
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 09:43:07 PM

I couldn't find the info, how many smerits we have.
As full member I only had 5 sMerits to spend.
Is that for every full member that amount?
Lutpin
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1874

Goodbye, Z.

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 09:45:15 PM

I couldn't find the info, how many smerits we have. As full member I only had 5 sMerits to spend.
You couldnt even read the first post, could you?

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀████▄
████▀██████▀█▀██████▀████
▐█████▄███████████████▄█████▌
▐███████▄▄█████████▄▄███████▌
▐██████▀█████████████▀██████▌
▐███████████████████████████▌
▀██████████████████████▀
▀████▄████▄▀▀▄████▄████▀
▀███████▀███▀███████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████

▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
            ██                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄                           ██
           ██  ██████                ▄██████████▄     ████████████████████▀
          ██  ████████             ▄████▀   ▀████▄    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
         ██  ████  ████           ████▀       ▀██▀    ████
        ██  ████    ████        ▄███▀                 ████

██  ████      ████       ███▀                  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ██  ████        ████      ███                   ██████████████
     ██  ████          ████     ███▄                  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██  ████████████████████    ▀████                 ████
   ██  ██████████████████████    ▀████▄        ▄██▄   ████

██  ████                ████     ▀████▄   ▄████▀    ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██  ████                  ████      ▀██████████▀     ████████████████████▄
  ██                                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██
   ▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
Maum

Activity: 250
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 09:53:07 PM

I couldn't find the info, how many smerits we have. As full member I only had 5 sMerits to spend.
You couldnt even read the first post, could you?
I read the first post and only can see, that I get half sMerits amount of the Merits someone sent me. But I can't see the initial sMerits. Read over and over but didn't find the info, how many sMerits we have at beginning.
" The spendable amount was calculated based on your current rank and the number of activity points you earned in the last year"
But no formula. So we have at least one unknown indicator.
Example: N=Number of posts; A=Activity sM=sMeridits
N=100; A=100 sM=?
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 09:55:10 PM

you wrong (( i newer exchanged trust and they not alts they people that made deal with me
please stop trolling me Angry
you also have positive feeds in your trust, they are alts?

I said "suspected alts" and yes, you did, anybody can see that. Bullshit trust ratings with no references, "for being a good forum member". If you try to delete those I'll grant you a brand new red one. Now please move into your own thread.

https://i.snag.gy/fvg9wA.jpg
mithrim

Activity: 434
Merit: 436

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 09:59:42 PM

Another question: Why is the initial merit score equal to the minimum required to your rank? Why not proportionally to the actual activity?

Has someone an answer for this, please? Is there a good reason for this? OP only says that you get the minimum. Why? If a new commodity is created, why isn't it exchanged in a fair way?
Pages: « 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 ... 329 »
  Print  

Jump to: