Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:30:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 ... 329 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit & new rank requirements  (Read 166611 times)
TMAN
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 09:35:20 AM

For what I can read here, the only members happy about the new rules are Legendaries.

For what I can read here, the only members unhappy about the new rules are account-farming spammers.

See how that works?

ha ha I would give you merit but saving it for those who need it right now bud..

███████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
aleksej996

Activity: 490
Merit: 389

Do not trust the government

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 09:51:34 AM

This system will promote conservative opinion on this forum and create a kind of a social bubble.

We can see that there were boards created recently that only allow for people with certain rank to participate and now it seems like the ranking system is being centralized by hand picking the sources.

Merit system is a good idea, but the sources seem like a problem here. You need to implement a system to create sources automatically, randomly if nothing else. Otherwise you can easily get into trouble by like-minded individuals being promoted and ones that have new, maybe radical, ideas never getting higher ranks.

We either need to create merit as something that has no effect on anything practical on this forum (similar to the trust system) or generate quite random sources. I am afraid that this forum will become very conservative as the time goes on if we keep adding these centralized features.
hashcoinusa

Activity: 342
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 09:57:59 AM

Infographic

freedoge.co

Activity: 909
Merit: 506

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 10:17:12 AM

Let's give all merit for this post, the OP is gonna be huge  Grin

Grayy

Activity: 322
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 10:30:55 AM

It's quite a visionary landmark to institute measures to check post quality,spamming and consequently churn the best out of all members in this forum. I hope that the pros of this new Merits system continually outweigh the cons. Let's hope creativity isn't stifled in attempt to forming "quality" posts.  I hope this doesn't intimidate genuine newbies in asking relevant questions. May this system last!
Juranimo

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

Sidera - Decentralized Wearable Devices

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 10:31:52 AM

Guys, any chance that current period will be counted as previously (without merits yet)?
2 activity till Senior member  Embarrassed

Sidera | Blockchain Technologies
Decentralized Wearable Devices WEARING THE FUTURE
➜ TELEGRAM ➜ FACEBOOK ➜ TWITTER ➜ REDDIT ➜ LINKEDIN
StelioKontos

Activity: 839
Merit: 267

Chad Hodler since 2013

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 10:46:29 AM

It is a problem indeed.
In the same way (1) you found those three useless posts from that guy which rightly didn't receive any merits, (2) you can find, if you're willing, three or more excellent posts made by some other guy which didn't receive any merits either even if he deserved.
Find them, point me to them, I'll merit them (or you can merit them yourself, you know?).
There already are several threads by people that are looking to be pointed towards good posts so they can give merit as rewards.

Are you even serious? Why all good valid points against this system get funny replies like this?

freebitcoin
BTC faucet & more
Lutpin
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1874

Goodbye, Z.

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 10:50:29 AM

It is a problem indeed.
In the same way (1) you found those three useless posts from that guy which rightly didn't receive any merits, (2) you can find, if you're willing, three or more excellent posts made by some other guy which didn't receive any merits either even if he deserved.
Find them, point me to them, I'll merit them (or you can merit them yourself, you know?).
There already are several threads by people that are looking to be pointed towards good posts so they can give merit as rewards.
Are you even serious? Why all good valid points against this system get funny replies like this?
I am. If you want to recommend quality posts that deserve merit, collect them, write me a PM and I will review them. Should I agree with your recommendations, I have enough sMerit to reward those posts.
(This is only valid for you, StelioKontos, I will ignore recommendation lists sent to me from any other account.)

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀████▄
████▀██████▀█▀██████▀████
▐█████▄███████████████▄█████▌
▐███████▄▄█████████▄▄███████▌
▐██████▀█████████████▀██████▌
▐███████████████████████████▌
▀██████████████████████▀
▀████▄████▄▀▀▄████▄████▀
▀███████▀███▀███████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████

▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
            ██                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄                           ██
           ██  ██████                ▄██████████▄     ████████████████████▀
          ██  ████████             ▄████▀   ▀████▄    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
         ██  ████  ████           ████▀       ▀██▀    ████
        ██  ████    ████        ▄███▀                 ████

██  ████      ████       ███▀                  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ██  ████        ████      ███                   ██████████████
     ██  ████          ████     ███▄                  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██  ████████████████████    ▀████                 ████
   ██  ██████████████████████    ▀████▄        ▄██▄   ████

██  ████                ████     ▀████▄   ▄████▀    ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██  ████                  ████      ▀██████████▀     ████████████████████▄
  ██                                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██
   ▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
bobq

Activity: 1148
Merit: 307

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 11:05:40 AM

I decided that the previous allocation was too unfair in this area, so everyone with activity >= 775 got 500 more merit if they didn't already have 1000 merit (and also Lutpin). No extra sMerit, though.

That's a wise decision. To make it even wiser something similar should be applied also for some or all of the lower ranks who are close to the next rank. Perhaps those who already have 75% of the necessary activity for the next rank or perhaps 90% or 99% or whatever. My view is that 75% would be optimal. The point is to implement more fairness in the process of switching to the new rules. Such a decision would cut down a lot of polemics and frustration across the forum. Especially Full Members who had to turn Senior or Seniors who had to turn Heros in days with the actual rules have been too much penalized, suddenly missing 150 or 250 merits for the next rank which they were about to achieve. To receive so many merits could now take them years, as they are so scarce.

StelioKontos

Activity: 839
Merit: 267

Chad Hodler since 2013

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 11:09:01 AM

It is a problem indeed.
I am. If you want to recommend quality posts that deserve merit, collect them, write me a PM and I will review them. Should I agree with your recommendations, I have enough sMerit to reward those posts.
(This is only valid for you, StelioKontos, I will ignore recommendation lists sent to me from any other account.)

I'm not interesed in that kind of activity, thank you, but if you're willing to pay you can easily find someone to do the work.

And you're missing the point of my original post that you quoted. The fact that there are quality posts not merited is already a flow to the system. The fact that they need to be constantly spotted and recommended, is a flaw. What if they won't get ever recommended? That person will try hard every day and maybe 90% of his efforts will go to waste. There are some very bad people like me, very evil people out there, who maybe prefers not to make rank up possibile competitors in future bounties or because they prefer to give precious merit points to his friends rather than to some excellent post of some unknow guy?

freebitcoin
BTC faucet & more
freedoge.co

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 11:11:39 AM

I decided that the previous allocation was too unfair in this area, so everyone with activity >= 775 got 500 more merit if they didn't already have 1000 merit (and also Lutpin). No extra sMerit, though.

That's a wise decision. To make it even wiser something similar should be applied also for some or all of the lower ranks who are close to the next rank. Perhaps those who already have 75% of the necessary activity for the next rank or perhaps 90% or 99% or whatever. My view is that 75% would be optimal. The point is to implement more fairness in the process of switching to the new rules. Such a decision would cut down a lot of polemics and frustration across the forum. Especially Full Members who had to turn Senior or Seniors who had to turn Heros in days with the actual rules have been too much penalized, suddenly missing 150 or 250 merits for the next rank which they were about to achieve. To receive so many merits could now take them years, as they are so scarce.
can I get some extra Merits too? 770 activity Tongue - edit: few minutes after writing this I got updated to 784 activity lol

edit: What about getting some more proportional merit to the activity? People are going to spam to get the merit. By spam I mean un-organic posts.

Zackgeno96

Activity: 1778
Merit: 520

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 11:16:17 AM

can I get some extra Merits too? 770 activity Tongue

You can not ask for sMerit, you have to earn it by making quality post. Don't repeat this or else you might get negative trust for begging.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
freedoge.co

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 11:19:26 AM

I don't beg, I don't care much about it but it should be more fair to prevent spam.

Lutpin
Copper Member
Legendary

Goodbye, Z.

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 11:20:04 AM

I'm not interesed in that kind of activity, thank you, but if you're willing to pay you can easily find someone to do the work.
You were (maybe just indirectly) complaining about the new system, I've addressed those complaints. Obviously, I'm not going to pay you, or anyone, for suggesting posts to receive merit. Get real.

And you're missing the point of my original post that you quoted. The fact that there are quality posts not merited is already a flow to the system.
Flaw, not flow. And after two/three days, that is to be expected.

The fact that they need to be constantly spotted and recommended, is a flaw. What if they won't get ever recommended?
Or does it further increase interaction by people sharing good posts, recommending them, and thus adds more value, instead of taking anything away?

There are some very bad people like me, very evil people out there, who maybe prefers not to make rank up possibile competitors in future bounties or because they prefer to give precious merit points to his friends rather than to some excellent post of some unknow guy?
Then you dont merit them and someone else does. You can't merit everyone, you arent expected to.

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀████▄
▀██████████████████████▀
▀████▄████▄▀▀▄████▄████▀
▀███████▀███▀███████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████

redsn0w
Legendary

Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 11:22:10 AM

theymos

I don't know if someone already asked this, but is there any possibility to remove a certain merit point or not?
codemanX

Activity: 658
Merit: 129

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 11:22:49 AM

Agreed, that would be awesome and much fairer for lower ranks too!

Further, shouldn‘t it be rewarded with Merit from the Mods when we report something like that?:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2096780.msg29023610#msg29023610
Jeremycoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 11:27:50 AM

theymos

I don't know if someone already asked this, but is there any possibility to remove a certain merit point or not?

Yup, there is.

There is currently no such thing as a "demerit". I'm hoping that the positive merits alone will be fine. I could add demerits pretty easily later on if necessary, though.

faucet used to be profitable
redsn0w
Legendary

Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 11:33:10 AM

theymos

Yup, there is.

There is currently no such thing as a "demerit". I'm hoping that the positive merits alone will be fine. I could add demerits pretty easily later on if necessary, though.

I mean, if I give you a merit point and tomorrow I want to remove it (for a certain reason) I can't do it because the actual system doesn't allow you.

Lutpin
Copper Member
Legendary

Goodbye, Z.

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 11:39:34 AM

I mean, if I give you a merit point and tomorrow I want to remove it (for a certain reason) I can't do it because the actual system doesn't allow you.
I suspect this is by design, it gives merits a bit more impact than a simple "like" (to which they are often compared).
Also likely (at least part of) the reason why you have to visit a new page, and once again confirm a merit rating you send, so you cannot do this by accident.

Further, it could become quite the mess with sMerit being awarded to the person you rate, and how these are reversed.
Say you have 10 sMerit and reward 10 Merit to someone who previously had none (thus spend all yours), then that person gets 5 sMerit, which also is their total.
Now they go and reward those 5 to someone else (taking their sMerit to 0 too).
Now you want to reverse your merit rating, would this give you your initial 10 sMerit back? Would this also mean the 5 sMerit spent on another person get reversed as their initiator was reversed?
It could get very complicated very quickly with something like that.

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀████▄
▀██████████████████████▀
▀████▄████▄▀▀▄████▄████▀
▀███████▀███▀███████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████

Jeremycoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 11:53:22 AM

Well, I don't know. Wouldn't that be a bit complicated? What if I have spent the sMerit right before you tried to remove that Merit that you've just given to me? Would the Merit that I've spent also get revoked by the system?

faucet used to be profitable
Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 ... 329 »
  Print  

Jump to: