Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 09:47:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 ... 329 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit & new rank requirements  (Read 166564 times)
vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3505

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 01:57:18 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

I've mentioned this before, but i will again: i think a lot of people just skip over or ignore posts from newbies as they assume their spam/worthless posts. I think it is going to take a very long time for a lot of people to rank up any. Of course some will, but i think the majority will remain low ranked regardless of quality of posts.

lately i have gone out of my way to merit newer members with little to no existing merit with concise posts. even posts that are just questions about something. the criteria (for me anyway) is that the poster asks clear questions, gives examples of what they did , what they expected, and what the actual results were. at that point someone can address it point by point, again giving examples (i merit that post also).

its not hard to get merits. the problem at the moment is we (people with a lot of initial sMerits) are still in the process of spreading merits around. once people with little to no initial sMerits get some to spread around themselves the problem of good posts being unnoticed should correct itself as more people with sMerits to give will increase (more people with sMerits to give = more posts that are read with the readers ability to give merits).
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
thd26bct

Activity: 300
Merit: 93

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 01:59:09 PM

Hi guys, maybe i sing a same song and you tired about those texts, i agreed that system is good and needed, but little glitch is about quality of posts, for example i make quite quality posts and help people as i can, but nobody is not sent even 1 merit, and i don't know when i will be reach next rank by merit count, cause you can't force somebody to say thanks by merit, even when you truly help someone  Smiley

I shre your sentiment. I hv posted a question here but noone seems to bother reading it nor reply it. Is it because i'm a newbie so not worth to reply? Or many r being selective reader?

I also saw someone posted a comment with similar meaning as mine but that person got merit point. Maybe i am in everyone's ignore list hahahaaa...

I've mentioned this before, but i will again: i think a lot of people just skip over or ignore posts from newbies as they assume their spam/worthless posts. I think it is going to take a very long time for a lot of people to rank up any. Of course some will, but i think the majority will remain low ranked regardless of quality of posts.
They, heroes and Ledgendaries will do both skimming and scanning threads. They, most of them, are very professional, so you don't have to worry about that.
tbct_mt2

Activity: 2296
Merit: 835

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 02:28:56 PM

I wonder if we will see more copy and pasting so farmers can appear to have better quality posts.

Computing power is often bundled together or "pooled" to reduce variance in miner income. Individual mining rigs often have to wait fir long period to confirm a block of transactions and receive payment. In a pool, all participating miners get paid every time a participating server solves a block. This payment depends on the amount of work an individual miner contribute to help find that block.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitcoin_network

This looks like a typical shit poster.  Is he now using someone else's material as his own in order to get merit for a quality post?

I've reported this idiot and this one was super easy to catch as his reply was completely off topic and vaguely familiar...  What about someone who's a little more sophisticated about it?  I hope the community will continue to aggressively monitor this as stealing someone else's work is LOW really really LOW.

Simply give this guy a warning about plagirism. That's enough, if he/ she did it again, he/she will put the account under high risk of permanent ban from admin and moderators of the forum.

.airbet.
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██

▄████▄▄▄██████▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████▀▀▀▀████
██████████████
▀███▀███████▄██
██████████▄███
██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
██████████████
█████▐████████
██████▀███████▀
▄███████████████▄
████████████████
█░██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████░█░███████
████████████████
█████████████████
██████████████░█
████████████████
▀███████████████▀
██▄▄▄
████████▄▄
██████▀▀████▄
██████▄░░████▄
██████████████
████████░░▀███▌
░████████▄▄████
██████████████▌
███░░░█████████
█████████░░░██▀
░░░███████████▀
██████░░░██▀
░░▀▀███▀

6,000+
GAMES
|
WEEKLY
PROMOS
....100%....
1ST DEPOSIT
BONUS
....125%.....
2ND DEPOSIT
BONUS
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██
.PLAY NOW.
YuTü.Co.in

Activity: 728
Merit: 350

Re-monetizing YouTubers via Crypto-commodities

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 03:41:34 PM

I wonder if we will see more copy and pasting so farmers can appear to have better quality posts.

Computing power is often bundled together or "pooled" to reduce variance in miner income. Individual mining rigs often have to wait fir long period to confirm a block of transactions and receive payment. In a pool, all participating miners get paid every time a participating server solves a block. This payment depends on the amount of work an individual miner contribute to help find that block.

This looks like a typical shit poster.  Is he now using someone else's material as his own in order to get merit for a quality post?

I've reported this idiot and this one was super easy to catch as his reply was completely off topic and vaguely familiar...  What about someone who's a little more sophisticated about it?  I hope the community will continue to aggressively monitor this as stealing someone else's work is LOW really really LOW.

Simply give this guy a warning about plagirism. That's enough, if he/ she did it again, he/she will put the account under high risk of permanent ban from admin and moderators of the forum.

Dude, I just wasted over two minutes gleaning the Net for some content to plagiarize as a reply to your post above in the name of humor but no joy. I'd say performing said feat on a regular basis is time consuming unless one has master the Fine Art of Plagiarism.

The above content can be purchased for either seven bitcoin, 4 sM, or a Reuben sandwich with a spear of Aunt Bee's homemade pickles on the side.

YuTü.Co.in

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 03:51:36 PM

Apologies for double-posting, but wanted to offer something up beneficial as a standalone post which, by the way, some may consider is beneath my posting prowess.

I suggest that some user pick up the mantle and create a thread tentatively titled "Definitive Guidelines for Rewarding Merit" where its OP categorically lists the best practices. Ideally, this should be presented by a user low on Merit as a means to advance his worth to the community.

BaliScript

Activity: 140
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 04:07:27 PM

I am excited about the merit system since I believe it will result in more quality posts and overall more quality forum.

However, can I suggest for this Wednesdays rank update that everybody gets his/hers rank update regardless the merits? Since the merit system is new and not fully functioning yet.

Edit: not fully adopted by everyone yet.

diepiphmt

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 04:09:35 PM

Hi guys, maybe i sing a same song and you tired about those texts, i agreed that system is good and needed, but little glitch is about quality of posts, for example i make quite quality posts and help people as i can, but nobody is not sent even 1 merit, and i don't know when i will be reach next rank by merit count, cause you can't force somebody to say thanks by merit, even when you truly help someone  Smiley

I shre your sentiment. I hv posted a question here but noone seems to bother reading it nor reply it. Is it because i'm a newbie so not worth to reply? Or many r being selective reader?

I also saw someone posted a comment with similar meaning as mine but that person got merit point. Maybe i am in everyone's ignore list hahahaaa...

I dont think so. they wont ignore, they will skim an scan, then send their sMerits to deserved and high quality posts surely.
Kravious

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 04:17:42 PM

In my opinion, this merit system would be beneficial even for newbies like me. There have been numerous account farmers in the forum leaving us without any spot in some campaigns.
YuTü.Co.in

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 04:38:35 PM

I've always, and continue to read posts first, and if deemed warranted [on a case-by-case basis], glancing over to see who posted it, then, and only then, check their ranking et al., now having to assess the doling out of sM as part of my workload. Wait! Did I just realized that it's us non-paid users tricked into cleaning up the place on our dime?  Roll Eyes

Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1750

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 04:41:40 PM

Dude, I just wasted over two minutes gleaning the Net for some content to plagiarize as a reply to your post above in the name of humor but no joy. I'd say performing said feat on a regular basis is time consuming unless one has master the Fine Art of Plagiarism.

The above content can be purchased for either seven bitcoin, 4 sM, or a Reuben sandwich with a spear of Aunt Bee's homemade pickles on the side.

I think I've highlighted the problem in your case!!!   Wink Wink Grin Shocked Roll Eyes

You could have a point about finding an on topic reply, but I bet such a sophisticated fella like yourself could find something to start a topic with pretty easy?  Hint Hint! Maybe even a deep dark Necro from within??
ibinsad

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 05:10:54 PM

Great way to stop the daily spam in all threads.

So I was very near to become Hero member now it will take years..
blazingshockwave

Activity: 173
Merit: 10

Astorgame.com | ICO is LIVE | Get Your Bonus

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 05:36:22 PM

The most annoying thing about the merit system is not the system itself (even if - as it is conceived - in my opinion it is destined to die in a few weeks) but the arrogance of the Legendaries that - after having done hundreds of insignificant posts for the sole purpose of level up - now that they are protected, come to tell you "Make good posts and you will see that you will grow too"

And then they also ask you why you're ever interested in going up!!!

To me it would be enough that we could give a demerit for the past posts - and in this way the Legendaries could be send donw - and we would begin to understand each other.
This is not envy, it would create just a little balance

Anyway, I tell you what will happen: the various stars of the group - with a thousand points to spend -  will create a group of disciples to grow, totally under their control. Tribal way.

Magnificent post! Thank you for your contribution! The idea of demeriting high ranking members downward especially appealed to me, if we're going to use a merit system anyway.

It is a ridiculous idea.

Yeah, let's have a system in which all the new fucks can drag more senior members down.

I think that any meaningful demerit proposals would not spread such demerit powers so broadly, but demerits would end up going to scammers or people who abuse the merit system or the trust system and things like that.  Anyhow, I think that I already made my point that spreading out an ability to demerit among the masses would be disasterous, because you already see evidence, from the two above posts of bad motives for employing such demerit powers if they were to exist.

Demerit is a good idea to balance the merit system. It is like a Negative Trust and Positive Trust. Only those shitposter are afraid of demerit, Even if you are a Legendary  or a Hero you will not be afraid if you only post quality comments. Don't give an excuse that demerit will be abused because even merit can be or should we say being abused already.

Astorgame.com  | eSports & Online Gambling | ICO is LIVE
BONUS for early investors
▬▬▬ ◈◈  Website ◈◈  Whitepaper ◈◈  ANN thread ◈◈  Facebook ◈◈  Twitter ◈◈  Telegram ▬▬▬
superjeyy

Activity: 182
Merit: 147

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 05:50:08 PM

Also if someone has multiple accounts, he may somewhat increase his points by sending them back and forth.
I know this is limited, but still possible.
This guy tested it yesterday
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2818350.msg28867557#msg28867557

I know this might have been asked several times, but how can this be prevented? Knowing how important the merits would be when ranking up, people might be encouraged to abuse sending merits through their other accounts or even  make alt accounts just to get merits. It would be hard to keep track of this since you have to dig deep to prove that what they're doing is breaking forum rules.

At the moment it's simple to check the top-merited users of all-time, or the recent top-merited users using these tools theymos provided. There aren't many accounts sent high amounts of merit yet.

Thank you for this vanobe! I know that I should have done my part and studied the new system accordingly in order to grasp its idea fully but some of the aspects can still be confusing for me. Again, thank you for your help. Now it's easier to keep track of the circulation of merits.
AshCoins

Activity: 336
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 06:03:01 PM

150 additional merits to go from full member to senior member seems excessive and unfair frankly to those of us that were almost there.  It will take years to reach that. 
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 06:07:36 PM

No.
You don't need a warning to learn that copy-pasting is against the rules.
You get a permanent ban if it is brought to the moderators' notice.
B4RF

Activity: 813
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 06:30:42 PM
Merited by TMAN (1)

150 additional merits to go from full member to senior member seems excessive and unfair frankly to those of us that were almost there.  It will take years to reach that. 

How cute...I am a potential Legendary member (only missing the post count) and I got only 500 Merit instead of 1000.

So be happy that you only got screwed by less then 150  Cheesy

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
▀██████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████
BTC  ◉PLAY  ◉XMR  ◉DOGE  ◉BCH  ◉STRAT  ◉ETH  ◉GAS  ◉LTC  ◉DASH  ◉PPC
     ▄▄██████████████▄▄
  ▄██████████████████████▄        █████
▄██████████████████████████▄      █████
████ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ████     ▄██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ▄██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ██
████ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ████ ▄██████▄
████████████████████████████ ████████
███████▀            ▀███████ ▀██████▀
█████▀                ▀█████
▀██████████████████████████▀
  ▀▀████████████████████▀▀ 
✔️DICE           
✔️BLACKJACK
✔️PLINKO
✔️VIDEO POKER
✔️ROULETTE     
✔️LOTTO
TMAN
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 06:37:45 PM

How cute...I am a potential Legendary member (only missing the post count) and I got only 500 Merit instead of 1000.

BURN.. these newbies have no idea

███████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
AshCoins

Activity: 336
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 06:55:45 PM

It takes years to go from hero to legendary anyway.  I’m less than 3 weeks away from hitting the senior post count.  If you can’t see how that’s unfair then I don’t know what to tell you.

What would make it fair is perhaps a one time sitewide donation option to those that were within a certain percentage of making the next rank at the time the merit system was implemented.  For example if you make the thread count by the end of February, you can donate .03 btc or something to the site as a one time offering to all members. 
B4RF

Activity: 813
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 07:00:45 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Maybe it would have been best not to create a new value for the merit but simply use the activity the same as it is used for time and activity right now.

So instead of this

The activity number is determined in this way:
time = number of two-week periods in which you've posted since your registration
activity = min(time * 14, posts)

We would have used:
activity = min(time * 14, posts, merit)

and everyone would have gotten the same initial merit as his activity at the time of the change.

This way nobody would have been affected in his current rank by a positiv or negative direction and we would still only use activity instead of an additional counter on all accounts.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████▄
▀██████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████
BTC  ◉PLAY  ◉XMR  ◉DOGE  ◉BCH  ◉STRAT  ◉ETH  ◉GAS  ◉LTC  ◉DASH  ◉PPC
     ▄▄██████████████▄▄
  ▄██████████████████████▄        █████
▄██████████████████████████▄      █████
████ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ████     ▄██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ▄██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ██
████ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ████ ▄██████▄
████████████████████████████ ████████
███████▀            ▀███████ ▀██████▀
█████▀                ▀█████
▀██████████████████████████▀
  ▀▀████████████████████▀▀ 
✔️DICE           
✔️BLACKJACK
✔️PLINKO
✔️VIDEO POKER
✔️ROULETTE     
✔️LOTTO
kiddo

Activity: 546
Merit: 137

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 07:01:29 PM

It takes years to go from hero to legendary anyway.  I’m less than 3 weeks away from hitting the senior post count.  If you can’t see how that’s unfair then I don’t know what to tell you.

What would make it fair is perhaps a one time sitewide donation option to those that were within a certain percentage of making the next rank at the time the merit system was implemented.  For example if you make the thread count by the end of February, you can donate .03 btc or something to the site as a one time offering to all members. 

I was few days away from becoming a Sr.member in here, now I'm few years. But, it is what it is.
Pages: « 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 ... 329 »
  Print  

Jump to: