Bitcoin Forum
October 17, 2019, 02:14:01 PM *
News: If you like a topic and you see an orange "bump" link, click it. More info.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 ... 306 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit & new rank requirements  (Read 139366 times)
AshCoins

Activity: 336
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 06:03:01 PM

150 additional merits to go from full member to senior member seems excessive and unfair frankly to those of us that were almost there.  It will take years to reach that. 
WEEKLY BONUS Unlimited Faucet&Fastest Dice PLINKO DICE CRASH ROULETTE PLAY NOW
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1064

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 06:07:36 PM

I wonder if we will see more copy and pasting so farmers can appear to have better quality posts.

Computing power is often bundled together or "pooled" to reduce variance in miner income. Individual mining rigs often have to wait fir long period to confirm a block of transactions and receive payment. In a pool, all participating miners get paid every time a participating server solves a block. This payment depends on the amount of work an individual miner contribute to help find that block.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitcoin_network

This looks like a typical shit poster.  Is he now using someone else's material as his own in order to get merit for a quality post?

I've reported this idiot and this one was super easy to catch as his reply was completely off topic and vaguely familiar...  What about someone who's a little more sophisticated about it?  I hope the community will continue to aggressively monitor this as stealing someone else's work is LOW really really LOW.

Simply give this guy a warning about plagirism. That's enough, if he/ she did it again, he/she will put the account under high risk of permanent ban from admin and moderators of the forum.

No.
You don't need a warning to learn that copy-pasting is against the rules.
You get a permanent ban if it is brought to the moderators' notice.
B4RF

Activity: 813
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 06:30:42 PM
Merited by TMAN (1)

150 additional merits to go from full member to senior member seems excessive and unfair frankly to those of us that were almost there.  It will take years to reach that. 

How cute...I am a potential Legendary member (only missing the post count) and I got only 500 Merit instead of 1000.

So be happy that you only got screwed by less then 150  Cheesy

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
▀██████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████
BTC  ◉PLAY  ◉XMR  ◉DOGE  ◉BCH  ◉STRAT  ◉ETH  ◉GAS  ◉LTC  ◉DASH  ◉PPC
     ▄▄██████████████▄▄
  ▄██████████████████████▄        █████
▄██████████████████████████▄      █████
████ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ████     ▄██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ▄██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ██
████ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ████ ▄██████▄
████████████████████████████ ████████
███████▀            ▀███████ ▀██████▀
█████▀                ▀█████
▀██████████████████████████▀
  ▀▀████████████████████▀▀ 
✔️DICE           
✔️BLACKJACK
✔️PLINKO
✔️VIDEO POKER
✔️ROULETTE     
✔️LOTTO
TMAN
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1554

www.gunbot.uk/tman/ - LEGENDARY SELF MADE BITCHES

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 06:37:45 PM

How cute...I am a potential Legendary member (only missing the post count) and I got only 500 Merit instead of 1000.

BURN.. these newbies have no idea

.FORTUNE.JACK.
      ▄▄███████▄▄
   ▄████▀▀ ▄ ██████▄
  ████ ▄▄███ ████████
 █████▌▐███▌ ▀▄ ▀█████
███████▄██▀▀▀▀▄████████
█████▀▄▄▄▄█████████████
████▄▄▄▄ █████████████
 ██████▌ ███▀████████
  ███████▄▀▄████████
   ▀█████▀▀███████▀
      ▀▀██████▀▀

█
...FortuneJack.com                                             
...THE BIGGEST BITCOIN GAMBLING SITE
       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄█████████████████████▄
 ▄██
█████████▀███████████▄
██████████▀   ▀██████████
█████████▀       ▀█████████
████████           ████████
████████▄   ▄ ▄   ▄████████
 ▀██
█████████████████████▀
  ▀██
███████████████████▀
    ▀█████████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
#JACKMATE
WIN 1 BTC
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀░░▀░░░░░▀░░▀███████
██████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐██████
██████░░░░██░░░██░░░░██████
█████▌░░░░▀▀░░░▀▀░░░░▐█████
██████▄░░▄▄▄░░░▄▄▄░░▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████

▀█████████████████████████▀

The Avatar:
AshCoins

Activity: 336
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 06:55:45 PM

It takes years to go from hero to legendary anyway.  I’m less than 3 weeks away from hitting the senior post count.  If you can’t see how that’s unfair then I don’t know what to tell you.

What would make it fair is perhaps a one time sitewide donation option to those that were within a certain percentage of making the next rank at the time the merit system was implemented.  For example if you make the thread count by the end of February, you can donate .03 btc or something to the site as a one time offering to all members. 
B4RF

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 07:00:45 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Maybe it would have been best not to create a new value for the merit but simply use the activity the same as it is used for time and activity right now.

So instead of this

The activity number is determined in this way:
time = number of two-week periods in which you've posted since your registration
activity = min(time * 14, posts)

We would have used:
activity = min(time * 14, posts, merit)

and everyone would have gotten the same initial merit as his activity at the time of the change.

This way nobody would have been affected in his current rank by a positiv or negative direction and we would still only use activity instead of an additional counter on all accounts.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████▄
▀██████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████
     ▄▄██████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████▀▀ 
✔️DICE           
✔️BLACKJACK
✔️PLINKO
✔️VIDEO POKER
✔️ROULETTE     
✔️LOTTO
kiddo

Activity: 546
Merit: 137

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 07:01:29 PM

It takes years to go from hero to legendary anyway.  I’m less than 3 weeks away from hitting the senior post count.  If you can’t see how that’s unfair then I don’t know what to tell you.

What would make it fair is perhaps a one time sitewide donation option to those that were within a certain percentage of making the next rank at the time the merit system was implemented.  For example if you make the thread count by the end of February, you can donate .03 btc or something to the site as a one time offering to all members. 

I was few days away from becoming a Sr.member in here, now I'm few years. But, it is what it is.
TMAN
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 07:01:31 PM

What would be fair is if people stopped moaning and being selfish and put as much effort into constructing decent quality posts that help people

.FORTUNE.JACK.
      ▄▄███████▄▄
   ▄████▀▀ ▄ ██████▄
  ████ ▄▄███ ████████
 █████▌▐███▌ ▀▄ ▀█████
███████▄██▀▀▀▀▄████████
█████▀▄▄▄▄█████████████
████▄▄▄▄ █████████████
 ██████▌ ███▀████████
  ███████▄▀▄████████
   ▀█████▀▀███████▀
      ▀▀██████▀▀

█
...FortuneJack.com                                             
       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄█████████████████████▄
 ▄██
█████████▀███████████▄
 ▀██
█████████████████████▀
  ▀██
███████████████████▀
    ▀█████████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
#JACKMATE
WIN 1 BTC

The Avatar:
btcton
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1007

Professional SysAdmin / Hobbyist Developer

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 07:03:37 PM

150 additional merits to go from full member to senior member seems excessive and unfair frankly to those of us that were almost there.  It will take years to reach that.  

So be happy that you only got screwed by less then 150  Cheesy

It takes years to go from hero to legendary anyway.  I’m less than 3 weeks away from hitting the senior post count.  If you can’t see how that’s unfair then I don’t know what to tell you.

What would make it fair is perhaps a one time sitewide donation option to those that were within a certain percentage of making the next rank at the time the merit system was implemented.  For example if you make the thread count by the end of February, you can donate .03 btc or something to the site as a one time offering to all members.  

I am really not a fan of this approach. Anything that relates donations of BTC to the merit system could potentially be seen as buying your merit. Even if it is just in very specific cases like the one you just mentioned where a person has to be able to reach a target rank within a certain amount of time would be too much, in my opinion, as it would benefit those who are actually willing to pay up with no regard to the points that the merit system stands for. I do understand that it can feel unfair, and I do agree you make a good point as Vod mentioned a few pages back, but there are better ways of resolving this issue. It should either be free or not happen at all. The course of action is for theymos to decide himself.

EDIT: 3 new replies in the time I wrote this post. This thread is getting out of hand.

Nothing to say.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 2065

How much alt coin diversification is needed? 0%?

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 07:23:55 PM

Hi guys, maybe i sing a same song and you tired about those texts, i agreed that system is good and needed, but little glitch is about quality of posts, for example i make quite quality posts and help people as i can, but nobody is not sent even 1 merit, and i don't know when i will be reach next rank by merit count, cause you can't force somebody to say thanks by merit, even when you truly help someone  Smiley

I shre your sentiment. I hv posted a question here but noone seems to bother reading it nor reply it. Is it because i'm a newbie so not worth to reply? Or many r being selective reader?

I also saw someone posted a comment with similar meaning as mine but that person got merit point. Maybe i am in everyone's ignore list hahahaaa...

Sometimes it takes a while to get known or noticed, especially difficult in a thread like this that has so many pages of posts in such a short period of time.  Sometimes your posts or questions do not get answered, and sometimes you can reiterate them, or go to another thread, and don't be so sensitive about it... sooner or later good things happen, as long as you continue to put forth positive energy, rather than getting drawn down into negative and pity me thinking.

Hi guys, maybe i sing a same song and you tired about those texts, i agreed that system is good and needed, but little glitch is about quality of posts, for example i make quite quality posts and help people as i can, but nobody is not sent even 1 merit, and i don't know when i will be reach next rank by merit count, cause you can't force somebody to say thanks by merit, even when you truly help someone  Smiley

I shre your sentiment. I hv posted a question here but noone seems to bother reading it nor reply it. Is it because i'm a newbie so not worth to reply? Or many r being selective reader?

I also saw someone posted a comment with similar meaning as mine but that person got merit point. Maybe i am in everyone's ignore list hahahaaa...

I've mentioned this before, but i will again: i think a lot of people just skip over or ignore posts from newbies as they assume their spam/worthless posts. I think it is going to take a very long time for a lot of people to rank up any. Of course some will, but i think the majority will remain low ranked regardless of quality of posts.

Exhibit A, above.

Negative and pity me thinking.

Put BTC here: 35EVP8EePt8dyvKHaB7bXaRmKLm22YgRCA

How much alt coin diversification is necessary? if you are investing in Bitcoin, then perhaps 0%?
ibinsad

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 07:29:23 PM

Maybe it would have been best not to create a new value for the merit but simply use the activity the same as it is used for time and activity right now.

So instead of this

The activity number is determined in this way:
time = number of two-week periods in which you've posted since your registration
activity = min(time * 14, posts)

We would have used:
activity = min(time * 14, posts, merit)

and everyone would have gotten the same initial merit as his activity at the time of the change.

This way nobody would have been affected in his current rank by a positiv or negative direction and we would still only use activity instead of an additional counter on all accounts.

But this approach may not stop the daily spam.

Also merit rating system can't stop really so much.

The spammer have a workaround for that solution just creating a couple of accounts and deliver the merit from them to few of their accounts increasing the rank of them.

I think only great content posts win.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 07:37:08 PM
Merited by TMAN (2)

Well B4RF, you have been a forum member almost as long as me, so you are correct that your post count has caused you to not move up in ranks, and if you had been at least minimally active in ever two week activity period, you would have earned enough activity points to have become legendary a year ago (something like that). 

So, yeah, none of us knew this change was coming, but those of us who remained active benefited by this unexpected change based on activity level (which includes posting regularly).

How much alt coin diversification is necessary? if you are investing in Bitcoin, then perhaps 0%?
BCTBF

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 07:40:51 PM

This system is good enough in my opinion that this forum is maintained well quality. But what if giving merit to friends and friends will give a merit back on us? Is it permissible or is it an offense? and does give the merit on a thread of signature campaign it's right?
TMAN
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 07:42:44 PM

Well B4RF, you have been a forum member almost as long as me, so you are correct that your post count has caused you to not move up in ranks, and if you had been at least minimally active in ever two week activity period, you would have earned enough activity points to have become legendary a year ago (something like that). 

So, yeah, none of us knew this change was coming, but those of us who remained active benefited by this unexpected change based on activity level (which includes posting regularly).

i've been a member nearly a year longer than you, but I did take a hiatus from posting for 18 months after some losses to scams, (ASICMINER & LABCOIN) I am not moaning about it though, just see it as a challenge to earn the merits needed.

Some of these newbies haven't been through the rise and fall of bitcoin like some of us.. $250-$80 in a matter of hours, MTGOX going pop! SR going down... all these things don't matter to the newbies moaning as they feel entitled, like spoiled little children.

if you can type a coherent post, and be positive and helpful in the community then senior guys and sources will splash Merits.. its not rocket science..

.FORTUNE.JACK.
      ▄▄███████▄▄
   ▄████▀▀ ▄ ██████▄
  ████ ▄▄███ ████████
 █████▌▐███▌ ▀▄ ▀█████
███████▄██▀▀▀▀▄████████
█████▀▄▄▄▄█████████████
████▄▄▄▄ █████████████
 ██████▌ ███▀████████
  ███████▄▀▄████████
   ▀█████▀▀███████▀
      ▀▀██████▀▀

█
...FortuneJack.com                                             
       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄█████████████████████▄
 ▄██
█████████▀███████████▄
 ▀██
█████████████████████▀
  ▀██
███████████████████▀
    ▀█████████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
#JACKMATE
WIN 1 BTC

The Avatar:
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 07:43:16 PM

I think that pro-rata distribution based on activity rather than minimum distribution based on rank would have been a more fair distribution.  I don't think that Theymos was trying to be unfair, but I don't know how easy it would be to implement a pro-rata distribution to even out some of the seeming merit distribution imbalances.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 07:59:59 PM

i've been a member nearly a year longer than you, but I did take a hiatus from posting for 18 months after some losses to scams, (ASICMINER & LABCOIN) I am not moaning about it though, just see it as a challenge to earn the merits needed.

Some of these newbies haven't been through the rise and fall of bitcoin like some of us.. $250-$80 in a matter of hours, MTGOX going pop! SR going down... all these things don't matter to the newbies moaning as they feel entitled, like spoiled little children.

if you can type a coherent post, and be positive and helpful in the community then senior guys and sources will splash Merits.. its not rocket science..

Hahahahaha...

I had not noticed that you were a member of the forum a year long than me, but your explanation makes sense, and yes, I see the date in your forum profile. 

So, yeah, there is nothing wrong with having disagreements with a system, yet you are correct that a whining approach is likely to get you no where quickly.  There are also ways to be innovative, such as the level up approach that you took.  Of course, not everyone is going to agree with it, and some people will even dislike you for it, but it still seems to be a vehicle to attempt for you to make some of your points to encourage positive posts, and those points/goals are not contrary to those of the forum (in fact they line up).

Also, the point has been made several times, that if you merely want to read posts, you don't necessarily need to rank up, but sometimes if you want to be "taken more seriously" in your posts, then rank does seem to have its benefits- especially in a place like this that has a decent number of disingenuous posters (otherwise known as trolls).

Darthswan

Activity: 820
Merit: 508

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 08:04:46 PM

I think that pro-rata distribution based on activity rather than minimum distribution based on rank would have been a more fair distribution.  I don't think that Theymos was trying to be unfair, but I don't know how easy it would be to implement a pro-rata distribution to even out some of the seeming merit distribution imbalances.

There are many ways to have a proportional division.
for example on the site there is total time logged in:
or Date Registered:
can be included here Activity:
and combine different options ...

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
TMAN
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 08:06:22 PM

snip

Hahahahaha...

I had not noticed that you were a member of the forum a year long than me, but your explanation makes sense, and yes, I see the date in your forum profile. 

So, yeah, there is nothing wrong with having disagreements with a system, yet you are correct that a whining approach is likely to get you no where quickly.  There are also ways to be innovative, such as the level up approach that you took.  Of course, not everyone is going to agree with it, and some people will even dislike you for it, but it still seems to be a vehicle to attempt for you to make some of your points to encourage positive posts, and those points/goals are not contrary to those of the forum (in fact they line up).

Also, the point has been made several times, that if you merely want to read posts, you don't necessarily need to rank up, but sometimes if you want to be "taken more seriously" in your posts, then rank does seem to have its benefits- especially in a place like this that has a decent number of disingenuous posters (otherwise known as trolls).
[/quote]

bud I am hated by many and loved by many.. sod sitting on the fence, I just wanted to pay it forward, it just happened that plenty of other people liked what I was suggesting, so I have kept on making it rain on newbies and legendary's alike.

if I dont level up... no biggy, I mean this is the 1st sig campaign I have ever been in.. no odds if its my last.

.FORTUNE.JACK.
      ▄▄███████▄▄
   ▄████▀▀ ▄ ██████▄
  ████ ▄▄███ ████████
 █████▌▐███▌ ▀▄ ▀█████
███████▄██▀▀▀▀▄████████
█████▀▄▄▄▄█████████████
████▄▄▄▄ █████████████
 ██████▌ ███▀████████
  ███████▄▀▄████████
   ▀█████▀▀███████▀
      ▀▀██████▀▀

█
...FortuneJack.com                                             
       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄█████████████████████▄
 ▄██
█████████▀███████████▄
 ▀██
█████████████████████▀
  ▀██
███████████████████▀
    ▀█████████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
#JACKMATE
WIN 1 BTC

The Avatar:
anushkasachith888

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

https://eloncity.io/

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 08:47:56 PM

I think I made useful threads before merit system to be introduced. Now I have to make useful threads again in order to gain merits. But I don't know whether I will be eligible for gaining merits. It pushed me away from getting up ranking to member from Jr. member.  Cry  And I don't know how to offer merits and who gives us merits
But I like the concept. now people will use this forum for useful threads instead bullshits.
I learn many things from  this forum. So I am thankful to it.

B4RF

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 08:54:09 PM

I was actually active for many more periods then my activity is shown I think but I simply didnt do a ratio of 1 post per day.

And I dont really understand why a higher post ratio makes you more likely to be able to spread merit to others but yeah nobody knew this would come around so I guess everyone missing a rank by some posts needs to go along with it.

Btw I am not moaning since I dont really need the Legendary status right now since I didnt even used a signature campaign for quite some time.
I was just curious about the initial thought why this merit system has been implemented like this.

Nobody will do such a big change without spending much time about the consequences and benefits therefore I think there has to be a reason for this decision.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████▄
▀██████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████
     ▄▄██████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████▀▀ 
✔️DICE           
✔️BLACKJACK
✔️PLINKO
✔️VIDEO POKER
✔️ROULETTE     
✔️LOTTO
Pages: « 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 ... 306 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.