Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 08:31:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 [100] 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 ... 329 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit & new rank requirements  (Read 166425 times)
SpyX

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 09:30:31 PM

Wow, I wasn't on the forum last week, and this is a really big change. I like the idea, it will increase post quality, but in other aspect I think it may be very difficult for new member to become Legendary and other stuff.

Don't get me wrong, legendaries members made usefull post, but all this merits needed to gain that rank? Please, they're just older member, that's all. The gap was already big, and now it's bigger than ever. I'm pretty sure we'll find member which will sell their merits in the future.

@cryptocommoner ---> It sounds hyprocrite haha, but yeah, I think it will decrease bot and fakes members who're only here to participate signature campaign.

PS: Sorry for my english, it's not my primary language but I tried to give my opinion here.
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Thirdspace

Activity: 1232
Merit: 738

Mixing reinvented for your privacy | chipmixer.com

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 09:56:34 PM

One question please....
Do you need ten sMerit to rank up from Jr. Member to Member or you need that ten sMerit from Member to next rank?

Thank you.... Just gat confused...
You get merit points when someone sends you some for one of your posts. Additionally, when someone sends you merit points, half of those points can be sent by you to other people.

you don't need sMerit to rank up. you need Merit!
you need to receive 10 Merit to rank up, at the same time you will gain 5 sMerit you can send out
for every 1 merit received you also get 0.5 sMerit that you can spend

100+ pages of discussion  Shocked

suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 8906

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 09:57:14 PM

One question please....
Do you need ten sMerit to rank up from Jr. Member to Member or you need that ten sMerit from Member to next rank?

You need 10 merits (not sMerits) to become Member.
YuTü.Co.in

Activity: 728
Merit: 350

Re-monetizing YouTubers via Crypto-commodities

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 10:44:45 PM

One question please....

It's Merit not sMerit (sM). If you like this reply, please send me ... Oops! sorry, bud. You don't have any.  Tongue

Here's +1 sM for your thought-provocative post.  Kiss

Now, I'm confused as to how your username - Jr. - was still available.

Speakin' of confusion ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGXp34c_o48

and this ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-J1NHzQ1sgc

Toughit

Activity: 378
Merit: 197

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 11:11:38 PM
Merited by InvoKing (1), Gleb Gamow (1)

Two questions:

1) I passed on two merits, I think that is all the sMerits I have, How can I tell?
               - One to a company that took my complaint/suggestions and ran with it
               - One to a long dead account where a user spent $180 million (future value) in bitcoin to buy a pizza

2) The threads I haunt seem to not have heard about Merit, so, any problems with my signature?
Erelas

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 11:13:38 PM
Merited by suchmoon (1)

Though I am appreciating a lot of the etymological discussion that has gone on before this comment, it is missing something...oh yes, the "Hot for Words" person from YouTube.  I'm going to pretend one of you are her in what I hope, is a disturbing image for that person to be thought of as.

There seems to be a lot of prejudicial thinking against those who lack an absolute or near absolute mastery of the English language.  I hope that impression is not accurate, but seeing the last few pages really harping on "let's get rid of those non-English speaking newbs trying to make a buck, we don't care if they have to start somewhere" indicates to me that it is.

Oh no, a run-on sentence, I am doomed to be judged harshly.

The day I let some pretentious moral moron shame me over my own language mastery is a day which shall never happen.  Moreover, it is an ill omen when anybody accepts your transvalued inversion, whereby illiteracy is a mark of virtue and high standards a brand of vice.

And no, persons who lack adequate English skills do not belong in an English-language forum.  Full stop.  Their economic status is irrelevant; and your mention of that only makes it worse:  People with mediocre but passable English who have something worthwhile to say have never been rejected anywhere in such situations; but those who have nothing contribute are spammers and scum, whether they be dirty dirt-poor or otherwise.  Nobody has a right to “start somewhere” and make money by befouling the communications of other people.

To be excruciatingly clear:  Your dear “non-English speaking newbs trying to make a buck” are unwelcome, and I wish to make them feel that as intensely as I can.

That attitude, though I am loving seeing you stretch your usage of English so well, kudos, is precisely what is wrong.  I sincerely hope that you are not a merit source.  To be bigoted against someone because of a language barrier that they are endeavoring to overcome and broaden their horizons is possibly the most non-meritocratically aligned agenda.  Personally, I am a huge proponent of meritocracy, but the very idea of "merit" is subjective and now, destined to be defined by a very limited number of people who are sources in this forum.  This concentration of sMerit power is creating more of an oligarchy than the Default Trust system.

A drip type of system, where every active user generates sMerit over time would be preferable to concentrating sMerit in such a small group.

Of course, we're having a conversation, and in a purely Platonic system, merely the fact that a conversation is taking place is "meritorious" and sMerit sources should, according to the systems design, seek out our posts in this conversation and award them merit equally.  Not because the sMerit source agrees or disagrees with one position or another, but because we add "merit" to the forum by discussing the system.  

(As a funny aside and a jab at myself, I accidentally put Plutonic in place of Platonic, wouldn't Freud have fun with that slip, corrected now though.)

To address a couple of your points, because I find them, confusing.  I certainly did not attempt to shame your mastery of English, on the contrary, I applaud it.  I really thought I was clear on that.  Illiteracy is certainly not a measure of "virtue", and I think I hammered that point home with mention of  Plato in response to your use of the word virtue.  I do not doubt that Platos defining of virtue and my mention of your use of the word is understood.  If you take that as insult, and I can't really see why you would, unless your values are inverted as you state mine seem to be.

I am beginning to get the feeling that if I diagrammed out the double negatives in your response, I'd be more certain I was being "trolled", but as long as my point is not deliberately convoluted and my stance clear that I think the sMerit concentration is ill-advised, then I can handle a little trolling.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Jr.

Activity: 98
Merit: 1

Blockchain with a Purpose

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 11:16:15 PM

One question please....

It's Merit not sMerit (sM). If you like this reply, please send me ... Oops! sorry, bud. You don't have any.  Tongue

Here's +1 sM for your thought-provocative post.  Kiss

and this ...

Thank you for funny video it made my day.... And thank you for the merit, and thank you for the information about sMerit and Merit.

Anyway this rule helps, since I don't have to read anymore 'newbie' thing in the beginner's and help, I read around ten pages and most of the newbies are stating their newbie, how crazy is that? Our rank is already placed just below our names..... I think only blind person is unaware of that???

tge.HORYOUToken.io    ■))   BLOCKCHAIN WITH A PURPOSE
▐ ███████████████   JOIN THE TGE   《《《 ▀ ▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
InvoKing
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1065

✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 11:29:22 PM

Two questions:

1) I passed on two merits, I think that is all the sMerits I have, How can I tell?
               - One to a long dead account where a user spent $180 million (future value) in bitcoin to buy a pizza

2) The threads I haunt seem to not have heard about Merit, so, any problems with my signature?

1) you can find how many sMerit (sM) you have by checking here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=merit
You have received a total of X merit. This is what determines your forum rank. You typically cannot lose this merit. You have sM sendable merit (sMerit) which you can send to other people. There is no point in hoarding sMerit; keeping it yourself does not benefit you, and we reserve the right to decay unused sMerit in the future.

2) since you are not begging for Merit points then it is fine tho.
+1 to encourage you

PSPD:law and order enforcement!
Press Section Police Department!
Mr.Spider703

Activity: 392
Merit: 27

http://radio.r41.ru

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 11:38:48 PM

I do not speak English well, but reading this thread I understand that the theymos did it right and whoever does not say it is the owner of the resource and dictates the rules if someone does not like the rules of the site, nobody keeps it there. those who remain on the site accept new rules and try to match them, but maybe newcomers (or those who are forced to develop their own account on a new basis) will not be able to rank higher, and what prevents you from striving for this, make quality records.
I honestly do not care about the merit system, I do not participate in ICO, I read the branches about the software for mining, because I myself have a bullet on the pool, and I keep my hand on the pulse. you can always learn something new, and then after some time later tell the newcomer about it.
when I came here as a novice, I knew nothing but nicehash, and now I work in the powershell and ruler as I need, I myself do executable files, and let me not be young already, but while I'm interested in this topic, I will study reading and mastering new items. Thanks to everyone who gives the right information
Rinso

Activity: 254
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 11:56:52 PM

I want to ask some questions about Merit

1. until when the merit system is done in this forum ?

2. is there any other way in determining up rank besides merit ??
  if not it will most likely be very difficult for them to go up the rankings if need some merit in need even though their account is more than 1 year and they are active in this forum is there any solution?

3. is there any guarantee in terms of giving merit to another account without any of its cooperation or buying and selling of merit such as symbiotic mutualism?

4. I see some accounts give merit to other accounts without any contribution in terms of useful post (is not it a violation of how to punish it)

www.bitcoinisle.com
ivka83

Activity: 39
Merit: 4

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 12:03:52 AM

maybe if we watch movie "Somethig about MerIT", we will get more merit? Or maybe Santa will tell us xo xo xo MerIT Chtistmas and gave us some merit- presents?

Grin Cheesy Im just kidding a little, everyone is crazy about merits, including me  Grin Wink

DeepOnion ⚡ Anonymous & Untraceable Cryptocurrency
⚡ Join DeepOnion Airdrop NOW! ⚡ (https://deeponion.org/apply.php?ref=1701539)
minldem

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 12:11:19 AM

Please reapply the merit engagement for the users who are ranked as member with 126 activity. This seems pretty unfair giving the same merits with those who have low activity as member. Please reconsider it.

This kills motivation to produce quality content also. Even if you write very qualified posts, there is no chance to gather +90merits, you need "friends" for this. Hope you find a solution.
Wheelige

Activity: 238
Merit: 68

Do good things

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 12:22:45 AM

I want to ask some questions about Merit

1. until when the merit system is done in this forum ?

2. is there any other way in determining up rank besides merit ??
  if not it will most likely be very difficult for them to go up the rankings if need some merit in need even though their account is more than 1 year and they are active in this forum is there any solution?

3. is there any guarantee in terms of giving merit to another account without any of its cooperation or buying and selling of merit such as symbiotic mutualism?

4. I see some accounts give merit to other accounts without any contribution in terms of useful post (is not it a violation of how to punish it)

I dont think there will be any concerns of symbiotic merit giving by 2 members due to the decreasing amount of Smerit between them. Every time they merit each other they would lose .5 from their pool. If they were not already reasonably high ranked they would not have a lot of merit in the first place. The system encourages wider community activity due to the decaying nature of SMerit.

║║║║║║║║█║███║███║███║█║█║█║║███║█║█║║██    POPULOUS WORLD'S [GOLD POKEN]
║║║║║║║║█║███║█║█║███║█║█║█║║█║█║█║█║║█      GOLD BACKED ERC1155 TOKEN | RECEIVE 9% DISCOUNT | BUY NOW
║║║║║║║║█║█║║║███║█║║║███║██║███║███║██      HOMEPAGE | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | LINKEDIN | SLACK | GITHUB | YOUTUBE
PoolMinor
Legendary

Activity: 1843
Merit: 1338

XXXVII Fnord is toast without bread

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 12:26:58 AM

Please reapply the merit engagement for the users who are ranked as member with 126 activity. This seems pretty unfair giving the same merits with those who have low activity as member. Please reconsider it.

This kills motivation to produce quality content also. Even if you write very qualified posts, there is no chance to gather +90merits, you need "friends" for this. Hope you find a solution.

Btc=C2MF       Free BTC Poker
Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent. -Marilyn vos Savant
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 12:31:11 AM

The large number of complaints regarding the Merit system from lower ranked accounts is an indication of how effective it is in potential. People are just too dumb to realize that the Merit system isn't an obstacle.

If you think logically, 14 activity points per two weeks means that all you need to do, is to reach 1 Merit per day to rank up normally, and thus end up with 14 activity and 14 Merit points after each 14 day activity update.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 12:33:10 AM
Last edit: February 02, 2018, 09:20:35 PM by Gleb Gamow

Two questions:

+1 sM

I, for one, see no prob with your sig. Genius!

One question please....

It's Merit not sMerit (sM). If you like this reply, please send me ... Oops! sorry, bud. You don't have any.  Tongue

Here's +1 sM for your thought-provocative post.  Kiss

and this ...

Thank you for funny video it made my day.... And thank you for the merit, and thank you for the information about sMerit and Merit.

Anyway this rule helps, since I don't have to read anymore 'newbie' thing in the beginner's and help, I read around ten pages and most of the newbies are stating their newbie, how crazy is that? Our rank is already placed just below our names..... I think only blind person is unaware of that???

<replying with my other account>

This is getting too fuckin easy. I'm being rewarded sM in spite of quasi-gaming the system in the official Merit thread of all places. My reply to you echoed two other replies which I was well aware existed but pretended to not see, adding my distinct masala to the reply in hopes of making the community happy, happy, joy, joy.

Serious question in re M and sM: Isn't this Merit thingy creating more shit posts than it supposedly solves, viz. posts of the likes, "Thanks for the sM"?

Tag 1: Past posting performances deserving sM is not indicative of future postings meriting sM or not. Please do your due diligence prior to gifting sM, preferably while sipping a Mountain Dew.

Tag 2: Friends don't let their friends gift sM while drunk.

Limerick: There once was a man from Nantucket ...
junoreactor

Activity: 196
Merit: 109

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 12:58:20 AM

I was a bit skeptical at the beginning, but then I saw the replies on this thread... > https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2844403.0;topicseen

My eyes are still bleeding  Smiley

The simple thought that some of those posters will disappear soon is quite pleasing I must confess.

The Merit system is not perfect, but the old system was not perfect either and some change was urgent.
ruthbabe

Activity: 966
Merit: 275

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 01:33:51 AM

I already don't like the way clicking on +merit takes you away from the thread.  Can you please have it open in a new window?
Agree 100% with this.  A new window, or maybe just code in a little box next to the post where you can type the Merit you want to give and then hit Give or something.
Instead of posting you 100% agree, you should have given me 100 merit.  Smiley
Press your middle mouse button when trying to open a link to open it in a new window. Problem solved. Now you should have given me 200 merit. Tongue

Watching.

Wow, it's great! I'm searching Google how to solve this problem because bbcode is far different from html. You're really great for helping people. Thank you.

diepytcc

Activity: 67
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 04:16:34 AM

One question please....

You get merit points when someone sends you some for one of your posts. Additionally, when someone sends you merit points, half of those points can be sent by you to other people.

you don't need sMerit to rank up. you need Merit!
you need to receive 10 Merit to rank up, at the same time you will gain 5 sMerit you can send out
for every 1 merit received you also get 0.5 sMerit that you can spend

100+ pages of discussion  Shocked
The fact is receivers only get both sMerits and Merits from others. Senders only can send sMerits, not Merits. For each sMerits received, they will get 1 Merit and 0.5 sMerit.
Wildwest

Activity: 1702
Merit: 308

Binance #Smart World Global Token

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 05:18:08 AM

I see there are some hero accounts that get merit compensation because of close to next legend rank. And what about the rank below sr member to hero member, does that not apply?
It's unlucky for me only need a few posts to get into hero rank.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

Pages: « 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 [100] 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 ... 329 »
  Print  

Jump to: