Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:22:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 [105] 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 ... 329 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit & new rank requirements  (Read 166611 times)
nullius
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 2610

If you don’t do PGP, you don’t do crypto!

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 07:32:54 AM

it would be really hard to rank up nowadays

That’s a feature, not a bug.

because most of the forum users are just saving their Smerit,
Some of don't even give some Smerit even if the post or the answer to the topic is a quality post or a helpful answer .
We often ignore it and just continue to do what we are doing.

What is with this “we”?  Speak for yourself.  You admitted that you’re careless, socially irresponsible, and unappreciative of good posts.  Leech.  Don’t project your own ill characteristics onto others.

I think a video should be made and put up on YouTube fr this so as to easily help btt members grasp this information more easily. Cos right now it seems quite complicated

Your saying this demonstrates ipso facto that you lack sufficient intelligence to earn merit.  The OP in this thread provides a clear explanation.  Several infographics have been published.  How could you fail to grasp the concept, let alone declare it to be “quite complicated”?

If you really need to see a TV version, then you are just not meritorious—and you should stay away from forums based on written words.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
galkina

Activity: 84
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 07:36:37 AM
Merited by Kingxy (1)

Admin please I have a friend who's e account got banned don't know why but he was asked to send a mail to moderator that his account will be reopened but it was not any suggestions as to what can be done please?

This is not the correct place to post this. You should follow this procedure https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=497545.0. If this does not help, create a new thread in meta.

D E C E N T . C H
        Blockchain Content Distribution Platform       
( ( (   Join Our Telegram @decentch   ) ) )
nullius
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 07:44:33 AM
Last edit: February 02, 2018, 08:04:13 AM by nullius

<offtopic text redacted by nullius>

This is not the correct place to post this. You should follow this procedure https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=497545.0. If this does not help, create a new thread in meta.

Protip:  Don’t reply to offtopic posts, spam, or anything else which really should not have been posted.  Instead, hit the “Report to moderator” link—as I just did as you were replying to that post.

Don’t feel bad about it.  We all make similar mistakes when newbies.

Edit:  See, the post was deleted—as was a subsequent offtopic post, apparently related.  Thanks, mods!

Now, galkina, if you choose to delete your own post replying to the offtopic post, then I will delete this one, too (unless anybody replied to it).  That’s up to you.

Edit again:  I should mention, you do not lose merit for deleted posts.  (I can see that Kingxy #1079021 really wants for that quoted post to stay visible, for some reason.)

Code:
#endif /* _OFFTOPIC_ */

Taki

Activity: 1078
Merit: 514

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 07:49:32 AM

This merit is the new requirement to rank up right,
This would mean that it would be really hard to rank up nowadays because most of the forum users are just saving their Smerit,
Some of don't even give some Smerit even if the post or the answer to the topic is a quality post or a helpful answer .
I did not understood merit fulfill yet. I was reading past few comments in this thread, but didn't find any concrete information. So, by your words if you do not give or get Merit your rank's raise is kinda going to be frozen, is it really so? Prove or unprove this to me somebody, please Smiley
nullius
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 08:01:19 AM

I did not understood merit fulfill yet. I was reading past few comments in this thread, but didn't find any concrete information. So, by your words if you do not give or get Merit your rank's raise is kinda going to be frozen, is it really so? Prove or unprove this to me somebody, please :)

If you do not receive merit, then yes, “your rank’s raise is kinda going to be frozen”.  That is the whole point of the merit system.  It is also a rule clearly explained in OP on this thread—a simple rule, which could be readily comprehended by the average five-year-old.

(P.S., how the heck did you reach “Hero” rank?  I am increasingly grateful for this new merit system.)

romanovst

Activity: 98
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 08:06:01 AM
Merited by galkina (1)

I did not understood merit fulfill yet. I was reading past few comments in this thread, but didn't find any concrete information. So, by your words if you do not give or get Merit your rank's raise is kinda going to be frozen, is it really so? Prove or unprove this to me somebody, please Smiley

If you continue with this attitude you will be a live proof with frozen rank yourself. Regarding your question, you need to get merits to rank up. Giving merits has nothing to do with ranks.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 08:21:12 AM

All things considered, this system is pretty cool. It is a hassle to have to go to a separate page to give points to a post - is it possible to implement this within the thread itself?

For damn near 20 years i have been pushing on the mouse wheel to open a new tab in my browser.
Try it.. Wink

I tested it by clicking the merit link on your comment then ..closed the window.
I have no interest participating in this crap.

Far more things have been known issues for years and years.
And just like in 2013 mod's vanished as BTC went from $400 to $20,000.
The forum ..the whole scene is a joke.
I couldn't care less about ranks, abused trust ratings by lying piece of shit like VOD or other idiotic bullshit.

When i signed up here and BTC was around $30 if i recall correctly i was told theymos received around a million worth of BTC in donations........................for a new forum.

5 fucking years later we have shit storm of retarded spamming moron noobs and this shittty ass forum and now..

..a merit system  Roll Eyes

puuuuu fucking leeeeese gimme a break.  Cheesy

This would mean that it would be really hard to rank up nowadays because most of the forum users are just saving their Smerit,

Because you are a mush mouth foreigner who doesn't understand English like 99% of the other noob idiots here.

Understand ?

If you did not read the first post ..and you didn't get it then you SHOULDN'T even be in the fucking English section ya profiteer pajeet investard.

I am done with this place because of you retards.. i can't suffer through deceiving anymore of your horrendous idiotic fucked up butchered English comments and titles.
You are insufferable greedy little useless morons.

Seriously read what the idiot i just quoted said and then tell me if that is unusual here *now.

And yeah duh.. of course these guys are going to abuse the living shit out of it.  Roll Eyes
That is why the pajeets came here.. to abuse anything and everything they can.

Crypto is dead people.. walk up.

FUD first & ask questions later™
junoreactor

Activity: 196
Merit: 109

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 08:23:05 AM

For guys looking to get Merits, a good starting point is to avoid to post (as much as possible) in "Bitcoin Discussion". You could very well post constructive and helpful posts there but they will hardly get noticed due to the very high number of messages posted everyday. If you wish to stick to this section, it is better to start a quality topic.

Sections with a better chance to get Merits are "Serious Discussion", "Ivory Tower", "Services" too if you can come up with something creative and useful for people. Same thing for the "Meta" section as long as you can suggest improvements in a thoughtful and constructive way.

Mr.Spider703

Activity: 392
Merit: 27

http://radio.r41.ru

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 08:26:10 AM

Because you are a mush mouth foreigner who doesn't understand English like 99% of the other noob idiots here.

Understand ?

If you did not read the first post ..and you didn't get it then you SHOULDN'T even be in the fucking English section ya profiteer pajeet investard.

I am done with this place because of you retards.. i can't suffer through deceiving anymore of your horrendous idiotic fucked up butchered English comments and titles.

Seriously read what the idiot i just quoted said and then tell me if that is unusual here *now.

And yeah duh.. of course these guys are going to abuse the living shit out of it.  Roll Eyes

for easier on corners - a forum multilingual, and the fact that many know only the basics of your language, does not give you the right to be rude to other participants
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10148

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 08:35:46 AM

If you continue with this attitude you will be a live proof with frozen rank yourself. Regarding your question, you need to get merits to rank up. Giving merits has nothing to do with ranks.
and what if I do not care about the merit system, I'm not here for this, but I need to send at least 10 personal messages a day?

It is up to you.

You can use your account to merely read posts.  You do not have to post in order to continue with your privilege to read threads.

Also, you do not get merits by sending personal messages.  I have been a member of this forum for nearly 4 years, and I have averaged the sending of less than 10 personal messages per month.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Mr.Spider703

Activity: 392
Merit: 27

http://radio.r41.ru

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 08:39:59 AM

and what if I do not care about the merit system, I'm not here for this, but I need to send at least 10 personal messages a day?

It is up to you.

You can use your account to merely read posts.  You do not have to post in order to continue with your privilege to read threads.

Also, you do not get merits by sending personal messages.  I have been a member of this forum for nearly 4 years, and I have averaged the sending of less than 10 personal messages per month.
offensively, annoyingly, but okay, let's use what's there, thanks, and on this
TheQuin

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 08:43:02 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

It is up to you.

You can use your account to merely read posts.  You do not have to post in order to continue with your privilege to read threads.

Also, you do not get merits by sending personal messages.  I have been a member of this forum for nearly 4 years, and I have averaged the sending of less than 10 personal messages per month.

PM limits are based on activity, not rank.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2536728.msg25872334#msg25872334

Also, you can buy a Copper Membership to get whitelisted if don't want to wait.

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
sitnikov

Merit: 4

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 08:45:02 AM

If you want to take the privileges associated with higher ranks, you have to rank up. This is possible now only if you get merits which you can get only for quality posts.

⚫  ContractNet.com  ⚫
At the intersection of Blockchain, IOT & SMART CONTRACTS
████████████ [ JOIN ICO ● 10th MARCH ] ████████████
TheQuin

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 08:45:59 AM

If you want to take the privileges associated with higher ranks, you have to rank up. This is possible now only if you get merits which you can get only for quality posts.

Wrong, please read the post directly above yours.

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10148

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 09:51:24 AM

It is up to you.

PM limits are based on activity, not rank.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2536728.msg25872334#msg25872334

Also, you can buy a Copper Membership to get whitelisted if don't want to wait.

I am learning so many new things, my head is going to explode... thanks for that, TQ.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Dydot

Merit: 10

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 11:12:51 AM

I had to google "how to earn merit on bitcointalk" before i landed on this thread. It will be nice if this thread can be made obvious on the home page or any appropriate section. Imo, i think is too hard to earn merit, cos by nature of bitcointalk before i should have been promoted to 'Full member' by now.

Godwans

Activity: 140
Merit: 11

Heya Homies

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 11:26:05 AM

All things considered, this system is pretty cool. It is a hassle to have to go to a separate page to give points to a post - is it possible to implement this within the thread itself?

For damn near 20 years i have been pushing on the mouse wheel to open a new tab in my browser.
Try it.. Wink

I tested it by clicking the merit link on your comment then ..closed the window.
I have no interest participating in this crap.

Far more things have been known issues for years and years.
And just like in 2013 mod's vanished as BTC went from $400 to $20,000.
The forum ..the whole scene is a joke.
I couldn't care less about ranks, abused trust ratings by lying piece of shit like VOD or other idiotic bullshit.

When i signed up here and BTC was around $30 if i recall correctly i was told theymos received around a million worth of BTC in donations........................for a new forum.

5 fucking years later we have shit storm of retarded spamming moron noobs and this shittty ass forum and now..

..a merit system  Roll Eyes

puuuuu fucking leeeeese gimme a break.  Cheesy

Understand ?

Prejudiced much?
What a person....

This is my siggy
cryptocommoner

Activity: 112
Merit: 5

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 12:16:59 PM

I had to google "how to earn merit on bitcointalk" before i landed on this thread. It will be nice if this thread can be made obvious on the home page or any appropriate section. Imo, i think is too hard to earn merit, cos by nature of bitcointalk before i should have been promoted to 'Full member' by now.

Full Member:   Activity: 120, gets 3 gold coins under his name.

This is from the original forum post regarding rankings. 

You are quite a bit away from Full Member status regardless of the new merit system just by looking at your Activity in the 80s.
krishnaverma

Activity: 1274
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 12:54:02 PM

Are you aware of the old rules even. Even without merit you need 120 activity to reach Full member. As per your profile: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=452587 it is currently showing 84.
adotrulez

Activity: 168
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 01:03:45 PM

Your supposed "objective" post misses one of the problematic points about bitcoin.com and related sources of "bitcoin" information, and that is that it has been serving as an attack vector against bitcoin and part of a hostile fork through bcash and other efforts and various misleading attempts to cause regular folks to believe that they are the real bitcoin without disclosing that they are a minority hostile sabotage and attempt at a take over venture.  Take your allegedly objective propaganda bullshit somewhere else.

I just had a quick look at that dumb Bcash forum and the first thing I found is that for the recent Electrum vulnerability they just copied theymos' post from here.  Roll Eyes

all this shows is prove you're nothing but a cheap loyalist to a defunct and currently dysfunctional system that may end up dwelling in past glory (like your rank will soon become)  if it continues to be blinded with this false sense of power and pride in achievements in cryptospace.

Don't let your legendaey rank in cryptoville make you feel like a king in the real world...

Get the fuck out of here with your seemingly bitter and butt-hurt "loyalty" proclamations.  This is not about rank, either, so you seem to be getting a couple of things mixed up with your apparently foggy thinking and perhaps also your seeming inability to understand what various characteristics, including decentralization, that is secured by proof of work, that distinguishes bitcoin from other coins, including the shitty-ass attack vector that is also known as bcash.

I don't have a second to waste on people who make it a duty to first of all remove their brains from their skulls and then proceed to hit their keyboards spewing filth from empty heads.

Have a nice day scum bag.
Pages: « 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 [105] 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 ... 329 »
  Print  

Jump to: