Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:57:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 [107] 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 ... 329 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit & new rank requirements  (Read 166571 times)
asapjoshyy

Activity: 728
Merit: 115

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 10:40:50 PM

How can a system be so unfair to people who needed one week for the next rank? This is extremely disappointing, I haven't received a single merit for helping quality posts in a whole week.

The people who are supposed to be slowed by this system simply go to a merit brigading channel and merit each other.
Sad to say but, you aint gunna get those needed merits anytime soon.
We, of the lower ranks, have come to believe that this was implemented in order that the Legendary/Heros get all the bounties..That is what it looks like..

exactly...
im 2 weeks away from senior member now i need 150 merit points almost.....
how long will this take?? i was 2 weeks away , now it will probably take 6 months

the rich get richer, thats the concept of this... now all the people with "smerit" act like gods
and i see that even higher ranks that were close to rankings up got more merit which only makes sense... not sure how im basically at senior member but i have the merit of a person who just got full member ?? even though ive been very active since signing up.. just sucks , but nobody cares tbh this is the new system , adapt or get left behind
Wish i had some merit to give you..This is the worst idea ever...

thanks buddy... i appreciate the thought
i actually do like the concept behind the idea from stopping bad posters and trolls
but it really is negative for people who are in my position so close to ranking up... i seen they adjusted merit for higher ranks who had more activity
when im 12 activity away from being senior member im not sure why id have same merit as a person who became full member 10 days ago.....
imo anybody 20 activity away should be given much closer merit then somebody who just achieved the rank . so if i need 250 merit im starting at 100 merit is a joke imo, i should at least be given 175 range... then i get a negative trust for trying to get my merit up saying im farming lol......

so what i just post and try to help posters every single day and hope i get 1 merit a day max.... nice that 150 merit now will take 3-8 months if i try every single day on this forum..... when i was literally 2 weeks away lol

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
adetos

Activity: 317
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 11:13:14 PM

I believe its really fair if merits go to people as their activity level increases in the forum and i also think it can be used to help people to rank up as well. There are so many people who dont have merits but has a high activity level
adetos

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 11:24:51 PM

How can a system be so unfair to people who needed one week for the next rank? This is extremely disappointing, I haven't received a single merit for helping quality posts in a whole week.

The people who are supposed to be slowed by this system simply go to a merit brigading channel and merit each other.
Sad to say but, you aint gunna get those needed merits anytime soon.
We, of the lower ranks, have come to believe that this was implemented in order that the Legendary/Heros get all the bounties..That is what it looks like..

exactly...
im 2 weeks away from senior member now i need 150 merit points almost.....
how long will this take?? i was 2 weeks away , now it will probably take 6 months

the rich get richer, thats the concept of this... now all the people with "smerit" act like gods
and i see that even higher ranks that were close to rankings up got more merit which only makes sense... not sure how im basically at senior member but i have the merit of a person who just got full member ?? even though ive been very active since signing up.. just sucks , but nobody cares tbh this is the new system , adapt or get left behind
Wish i had some merit to give you..This is the worst idea ever...

just how can i get merit? or what must i do to get merits
asapjoshyy

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 11:28:30 PM

youll have to comment "useful" posts which is very subjective
roam around the forums, help others, have meaningful discussions about crypto currency or whatever sub thread youre in
then HOPE somebody will see this and send you "smerit"

for every 1 merit you receive from a sender you will get half of that "smerit" in return so you can send to other you see fit

so if i send you 10 merit youll have 5 "Smerit" that you can now send to people you feel had good posts... for example
adetos

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 11:41:25 PM

What type of post can earn merits?
asapjoshyy

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 11:54:25 PM

helpful posts, engaging posts about the crypto space, make a solid thread that gets activity, answer peoples questions, just be a good community member basically is what im seeing... but again its all subjective, sometimes you wont get merit for these, sometimes you will
pablito1989

Activity: 238
Merit: 18

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 11:55:44 PM

Why people always forget this is a forum and place to communicate with other participants, but not a rank-obsessed rpg. Just try to leave behind all these badges and enjoy your time here.

because this forum is filled by spammers/botters that live with bitcointalk incomes.
this is the huge problem.
but we can't beat them with Merit system.
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3892
Merit: 2197

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2018, 12:01:47 AM

because this forum is filled by spammers/botters that live with bitcointalk incomes.
So what solution do you propose?

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
asapjoshyy

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 12:04:32 AM

So what solution do you propose?

i like the KYC idea so youre bound to one account, no multiple accounts
and activity only raises if you do a certain number of characters typing per week

also if the merit is around it should be adjusted so people with more activity closer to ranks have more merit, having the same merit at the top of a rank opposed to somebody who just got the rank , makes 0 sense
adetos

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2018, 12:11:23 AM

helpful posts, engaging posts about the crypto space, make a solid thread that gets activity, answer peoples questions, just be a good community member basically is what im seeing... but again its all subjective, sometimes you wont get merit for these, sometimes you will

i have created a thread for project and i have answered numerous questions and i have helped people achieved certain things. Check this link https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2820918.new#new
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3892
Merit: 2197

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2018, 12:11:47 AM

i like the KYC idea so youre bound to one account, no multiple accounts
Anyway, a KYC could never be enforced (since people will just start selling accounts in other channels), plus it would require the forum to hire people to check their details (over 400 accounts are created each day).

and activity only raises if you do a certain number of characters typing per week

How would that help? Why would someone's activity have to relate to how much they type? A long post can be utter crap.

EDIT: I thought that I asked pablito1989 a question. Grin

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
asapjoshyy

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 12:21:26 AM

i have created a thread for project and i have answered numerous questions and i have helped people achieved certain things. Check this link https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2820918.new#new

like i said its subjective... the same people will get merit, its a system where the rich get richer
example im helping you now and expect nothing, but others who help will get merit for the same task .....
at this point merit will come when it comes, dont expect it for starting threads or doing good things, sometimes itll get noticed, most of the time it wont
hard reality/ truth
adetos

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2018, 12:26:24 AM

like i said its subjective... the same people will get merit, its a system where the rich get richer
example im helping you now and expect nothing, but others who help will get merit for the same task .....
at this point merit will come when it comes, dont expect it for starting threads or doing good things, sometimes itll get noticed, most of the time it wont
hard reality/ truth

Ok, it doesnt sound fare to some extent. I will just try and make more contributions thats all.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 01:04:27 AM

For the past one hour, I've been checking the merit points sent and received by various members. To sum it up, it's more on a popularity contest. The more famous you are, the more merits you'll have. But what about the notorious ones? I wonder if Trump has been a member here and would he ever get a merit.

+1 sM

There, dude, now you're popular.
Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4340
Merit: 3041

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 01:29:24 AM
Merited by TheQuin (1)

For the past one hour, I've been checking the merit points sent and received by various members. To sum it up, it's more on a popularity contest. The more famous you are, the more merits you'll have.
You're forgetting why certain members are more popular than others. Usually, it's because they have something worthwhile to say, so of course they'll get more merits. An unknown newbie with something worthwhile to say will also receive merits, and they may even become popular, given time.

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
ruletheworld
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1045

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2018, 01:34:31 AM

For the past one hour, I've been checking the merit points sent and received by various members. To sum it up, it's more on a popularity contest. The more famous you are, the more merits you'll have.
You're forgetting why certain members are more popular than others. Usually, it's because they have something worthwhile to say, so of course they'll get more merits. An unknown newbie with something worthwhile to say will also receive merits, and they may even become popular, given time.
Yeah exactly. OP, way to miss the correlation there. Also, many 'popular' members have made their merit giving criteria public, and follow that.
djangocoin

Activity: 474
Merit: 285

Brave New World

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 01:38:40 AM
Merited by asapjoshyy (1)

That would be some irony right there lol.. the scammers/spammers/trolls etc. who the Merit system is designed to punish find ways to cheat the system and level up. While the legit members who the Merit system is designed to aid get next to no Merit due to scarcity and lack of desire to Merit.

It may work out this way, but who knows.. is early days lol

:]
asapjoshyy

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 01:42:32 AM

That would be some irony right there lol.. the scammers/spammers/trolls etc. who the Merit system is designed to punish find ways to cheat the system and level up. While the legit members who the Merit system is designed to aid get next to no Merit due to scarcity and lack of desire to Merit.

It may work out this way, but who knows.. is early days lol

my thoughts exactly..
people will always scam, now accounts just cost more to buy and people will do the same thing

and the members who are legit get negative results, funny how it works
TMAN
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2018, 02:36:34 AM

Why people always forget this is a forum and place to communicate with other participants, but not a rank-obsessed rpg. Just try to leave behind all these badges and enjoy your time here.

PM me in 3 weeks please bud. Given you one for now as I think you have potential to level up and I am pretty sure you are not a pajeet farmer

███████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
EMS-007

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 02:59:19 AM

This new protocol of Merit system is really great in order to gain good quality post and to control spammers nor scammers or unwanted activities here in the forum!
But i guess, this can be simply be bypassed by trading such as buying or by any means of irresistible offers made in a private way in or outside the forum imo!
Roll Eyes
Pages: « 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 [107] 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 ... 329 »
  Print  

Jump to: