Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 12:09:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 [144] 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 ... 329 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit & new rank requirements  (Read 166567 times)
darklus123

Activity: 1246
Merit: 588

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 09:19:56 AM

It is really hard to do some backreading sorry. I just want to ask if how does the system goes. Is it doing good or not?, well obviously there are some abuse no doubt but is there any given statistics for it? Like the total number of merits given. Who is currently leading in giving or receiving merits. I am most likely can understand it xD
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
gopaljiverma

Activity: 93
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 09:25:50 AM

It is really hard to do some backreading sorry. I just want to ask if how does the system goes. Is it doing good or not?, well obviously there are some abuse no doubt but is there any given statistics for it? Like the total number of merits given. Who is currently leading in giving or receiving merits. I am most likely can understand it xD

The system is going well. If you see the posts being made by new members, you will definitely see that their posts make more sense now. Initially, they were complaining much but I guess everyone is getting used to this new system.
TheQuin

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 09:26:22 AM

It is really hard to do some backreading sorry.

It really isn't hard it just requires a little bit of effort.

I just want to ask if how does the system goes. Is it doing good or not?

There are 146 pages of opinion in this thread and about as many threads again in Meta. Unsurprisingly opinion is divided.

well obviously there are some abuse no doubt but is there any given statistics for it? Like the total number of merits given. Who is currently leading in giving or receiving merits. I am most likely can understand it xD

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=merit;stats

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
athanz88

Activity: 476
Merit: 359

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 09:29:53 AM

The system in my opinion is going well as there are many merits are given. You can check the stats here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=merit;stats

And you can check the statistic of top merit giver here, i break it up into some statistics
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2947171.msg30272338#msg30272338
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10128

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 09:30:05 AM

Ok, thank you for your wisdom, I apreciate that.

I tried to merit you, but forum rules does not allow me to do that, because my merit is to weak lol

And.. I don't want any special treatement, you turned that in the way, showing how adult and superior member you are. I just found that topic, and made a joke.
I'll leave that toy tool for you, and I go play somewhere else, ok jefe?

regards

O.k.  fair enough.  By the way, I don't need any additional merits (especially if you don't have many to spend), and if you receive one more merit, then you will have an smerit.  you can hodl that smerit and strategically wait for a decent opportunity to spend it or you can spend it like a drunken sailor.  That is completely your choice.

Even if you choose the drunken sailor route, that would be o.k. if you are able to create decent quality posts and interactions that will cause other members to merit your posts.  Good luck, and if you choose to stick around the forum in spite of this merit system and the already existing rankings, I look forward to seeing how your posts might end up reflecting status and or experiences of other possibly great things that might be going on in your real life.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
virendarnagpal

Activity: 672
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 11:11:34 AM

When everybody was bearish, I made this call.
https://www.tradingview.com/chart/BTCUSD/vL6glC1s-BTC-bullish-flag/

Can I get merit for it?  Grin

regards
Nope... for 2 good reasons,

1st reason: Your TL* ignores 3 daily closes. The general idea is correct but you drew it half-right! Try draw it on the Bitfinex's chart though, the trend seems to follow the TLs more accurately with their price chart. Check this one for example; I made it for fun though so don't give it much though! LINK
2nd reason: I can't merit you even if I wanted too! Roll Eyes

*TL = Trend Line

I have never sought rank here, ever. I had some fun with it when I achieved Hero Member, but it was just that: Fun. Then people started asking me how I got there.

Best answer I had was I spend too much time on this forum.

Then I was gone for a year, due to a great many personal issues. When I come back I'm Legendary Tongue

Honestly, if you're trying for it, I doubt you'll get it. Go out, learn, post, participate. Learn to be someone who is respected for their opinion, humour, or something that gets you noticed, but do it for the right reasons.

I came here to learn. And learn I have. I was, despite my age, an infant when I came to this forum. The main reason I got anywhere is that I pretty quickly learned the magic: Watch, and Ask.

When I totally had no clue, I'd search the forum and read. And read, and then read some more. Then when I thought I knew something, I'd open my mouth and prove I was wrong. But I caught the attention of some of the people here who did know, and were not averse to helping a new guy as long as I wasn't being a dick. Then I really started learning, and got to the point, organically, where I was the guy helping newbies.

No matter how good you are, or how good you get, at one point you were a rank newbie. In 2009, we all were. If you're just here for a quick buck, you won't be here long. If you're here to learn some really interesting things from a wide array of people in all walks of life throughout the world, the rank and merit will come and you won't notice, or care, because you'll be too busy interacting with a very eclectic and interesting group of people. And a large number of assholes. The signal to noise ratio can be very high here...

But that's true in life, isn't it

3rd reason... who gives a ratt's ass if you are correct or not, and you are bragging about your supposed ability to predict

4th reason... comes off as merit begging...

5th reason ... there are decent ways to actually earn merit without begging... for instance, go out there and have fun with your posts,  post on subjects that you like, genuinely interact with other posters in the thread, and provide meaningful information and merits will likely follow without any need for outright begging

Biomech Sir
Thanks for sharing with all of us the abstract of your long long experience here at bitcoin forum.  Many things are there to learn by the new people like me, your post has given a direction to me.  
Sir You came here to learn; but on the contrary I came here to earn only Grin this is true for me sir.  Promotion to next higher rank was taken for granted and I was very curiously waiting my up-ranking with the increase of number of activities which was automatic with the daily postings only.  But with the introduction of merit scoring system though I was sad that now I will not be promoted to next higher rank but God has filled much patience in me and only he enlightened me to search what the problem (named merit) really is?  Only then I searched for it I for the first time  posted in Meta section otherwise I was just posting in Bitcoin discuioin or Alt section of discussion in few cases.  Though the introduction of merit system has caused a big loss to new entrants but I got a golden chance to hear the learned people like you otherwise there was not a chance I would not have been so serious.  I believe God blessed me by blocking the promotional gate of earning money and opened another gate of knowledge and compassionate responses from learned seniors like you.
"Watch and ask"  the magic of your experience has motivated me.  I will try to gain more and more knowledge now and put the questions to knowledgeable people who are responsive and kind to new entrants.  
Sir though I will try all the best to post meaningful ; co operative; helpful; quality posts but still it may happen that the person who reads it has no sMerit because juniors have no such authority.  May be seniors who read it may not consider the post to be worth importance and ignore it or none of the seniors have a look at the post and so I do not get any merit.  Becoming (promoting) to the rank just a member is now difficult for me Grin. though not impossible.  I will at least become a member some day with the mercy of God almighty some kind person will be sending me merits.  But now instead of becoming member or senior member; but as per your guidance I will try to gain more and more knowledge and spread it to needy fellows; it will definitely give me internal satisfaction (social service) if not "money" following which I entered this forum Grin.
My lesson (true for others too); Be good have good.
Thanks sir
pircklr1

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 11:40:58 AM
Last edit: February 16, 2018, 02:03:34 PM by pircklr1

I've been reading this forum for a couple of years now but I usually prefer staying quietly in the background. However, now I decided to join to the active side since I have too many questions and ideas I want to discuss about. I just noticed this merit system and started to wonder if there are any quidelines or tips on how to succeed? Obviously the profile ranking has a very small effect on my life but would not hurt to have a higher rank some day in the future. So, any thoughts on why do you personally choose to give someone merit? Do you give it for some good tips, well presented opinion, creating a topic on an important matter or something else? I am just wondering what is the best possible way to contribute to this network.
jimmywh

Activity: 140
Merit: 22

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 11:49:18 AM

I've been reading this foorum for a couple of years now but as usual, I usually prefer staying quietly in the background. However, now I decided to join to the active side since I have too many questions and ideas I want to discuss about. I just noticed this merit system and started to wonder if there are any quidelines or tips on how to succeed? Obviously the profile ranking has a very small effect on my life but would not hurt to have a higher rank some day in the future. So, any thoughts on why do you personally choose to give someone merit? Do you give it for some good tips, well presented opinion, creating a topic on an important matter or something else? I am just wondering what is the best possible way to contribute to this network.

I give it to people answering the questions I have regarding different matters. If I stumble over a post I find thoughtful or funny, I try to reward them too.
I know that a lot of people require A+ english to merit a post. I find this less important, as I acknowledge and treasure the various nationalities represented on the forum.
conex

Activity: 318
Merit: 10

crypto enthusiast

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 12:37:02 PM

Ok, thank you for your wisdom, I apreciate that.

I tried to merit you, but forum rules does not allow me to do that, because my merit is to weak lol

And.. I don't want any special treatement, you turned that in the way, showing how adult and superior member you are. I just found that topic, and made a joke.
I'll leave that toy tool for you, and I go play somewhere else, ok jefe?

regards

O.k.  fair enough.  By the way, I don't need any additional merits (especially if you don't have many to spend), and if you receive one more merit, then you will have an smerit.  you can hodl that smerit and strategically wait for a decent opportunity to spend it or you can spend it like a drunken sailor.  That is completely your choice.

Even if you choose the drunken sailor route, that would be o.k. if you are able to create decent quality posts and interactions that will cause other members to merit your posts.  Good luck, and if you choose to stick around the forum in spite of this merit system and the already existing rankings, I look forward to seeing how your posts might end up reflecting status and or experiences of other possibly great things that might be going on in your real life.

Thank you for nice wishes, I wish to you the same.

best regards

“If you personalize losses, you can’t trade.” – BK
Bittoshi

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 12:57:20 PM

What's the point of this merit thing?
Is it fair to new members to require minimum merit to lvl up while older members are already up there?
Is it now a requirement to get minimum merit to level up for new members?

I agree with that! Since the new merit system is active, even active members have a hard time to rank up. I participate almost daily in discussions and try to share as constructive and useful opinion as possible but no one gives a damn to send me a merit and (to be honest) until now I just sent merit one time to a guy just to see how it works and if it costs me my own merit points.

This system has the advantage that scammers cannot rank up easily but the disadvantages are clear:

1. Active members without much friends will have a hard time to gather merit points. It seems to be almost impossible for them.
2. Members with a lot of friends will share their merit points with each other, no matter how good or bad their posts are. They rank up finally even when they only post trash while constructive lonesome wolfs stay at low ranks forever and finally give up.
3. People may lose motivation to be very active here because they know that the chances to ever rank up are very low. Many useful, constructive posts will stay unwritten.

This is just my personal opinion. Thank you!
I was also wondering about this part, does sending a merit costs you your own merit? Also, I don't think it's hard for a scammer to PM a member with many merit points and offer a trade... merit points for some BTC.

No, it doesn't costs you merit (I still have my 100 initial merit points. But it seems there is some kind of hidden merit points you can spend. I couldn't yet figure out how much points you can spend and how long it takes to re-load the points so that you can spend merit points again.
I was also wondering about this part, does sending a merit costs you your own merit? Also, I don't think it's hard for a scammer to PM a member with many merit points and offer a trade... merit points for some BTC.

Bitgesell (BGL):  A modern and truly scarce store of value. Burn rate is 90% of tx fee. Yearly block reward halving.

It's just the beginning!
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 8908

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 01:32:13 PM

No, it doesn't costs you merit (I still have my 100 initial merit points. But it seems there is some kind of hidden merit points you can spend. I couldn't yet figure out how much points you can spend and how long it takes to re-load the points so that you can spend merit points again.

Or you could read the OP and stop wondering.
topkhai

Activity: 351

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 02:08:31 PM
Last edit: February 17, 2018, 12:54:35 PM by topkhai

How do we get merits?
yep, you want to know the secret
please check https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2901152.msg29880354#msg29880354
you will not regret, I've proved it Wink

maeusi

Activity: 462
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 02:43:43 PM

There is an issue, when beeing downgraded from full member to member. The member is wearing an avatar from a company and now can't remove it. With the merit system , a quick upgrade is not expected. So it is not only a problem of the member, but also of the company, who's avatar the member is wearing. Maybe there could be found a solution for such exceptional cases.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2954878
alisaadat60

Activity: 87
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 02:53:11 PM
Last edit: February 16, 2018, 03:16:07 PM by alisaadat60

When I read a topic I just read the hero member and legendary's  posts, as you know in a large topic other's post only waste time.
Now I am a jr member ,who read my posts to merit me?
Even good and high quality  posts can't improve my position and people like me , and I am a jr member with 100 posts.
Merit system only disappointed me and people like me from being a hero member or even a member.
conex

Activity: 318

crypto enthusiast

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 04:06:28 PM

When I read a topic I just read the hero member and legendary's  posts, as you know in a large topic other's post only waste time.
Even good and high quality  posts can't improve my position and people like me , and I am a jr member with 100 posts.
Merit system only disappointed me and people like me from being a hero member or even a member.
Hero member is more than a member, and I'm also jr member, with 120 (by my opinion) quality posts.

“If you personalize losses, you can’t trade.” – BK
guschin

Activity: 84
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 04:12:28 PM

You need to analyze some things before posting with this frequency:

1) If you are not getting merits, what do you want to achieve with so many posts ?

2) You should focus more on quality aspect than quantity.

Finally, do not loose hope. Rome was not built in  a day.
maeusi

Activity: 462
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 04:22:10 PM

There is an issue, when beeing downgraded from full member to member. The member is wearing an avatar from a company and now can't remove it. With the merit system , a quick upgrade is not expected. So it is not only a problem of the member, but also of the company, who's avatar the member is wearing. Maybe there could be found a solution for such exceptional cases.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2954878
It seems, that more cases appeared.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=370157.new#new
sahash

Activity: 76
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 04:41:16 PM

Dear admins. The system of merit has been working for more than three weeks. How does it justify itself? Are there some intermediate results? Has the number of registrations of new users decreased per week? Is there less spam in messages now? Did you receive such statistics, give an example?
TMAN
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 04:46:36 PM

Dear admins. The system of merit has been working for more than three weeks. How does it justify itself? Are there some intermediate results? Has the number of registrations of new users decreased per week? Is there less spam in messages now? Did you receive such statistics, give an example?

Well you have no merits.. so it looks to be working to me

███████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
OgNasty
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 4718
Merit: 4216

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 04:48:12 PM

It hasn’t even been a month yet. Give it some time to have an effect and I’m sure there will be no shortage of statistics available.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Pages: « 1 ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 [144] 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 ... 329 »
  Print  

Jump to: