Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 04:18:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 [182] 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 ... 329 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit & new rank requirements  (Read 166603 times)
FacelessCrypto

Activity: 539
Merit: 105

IDENA.IO - Proof-Of-Person Blockchain

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 01:45:29 PM

I don't like the merit system of current implementation.. it's my private view on my experiences with real life corporate politics..

But let me admit that this present merit system is so much.. so much so much  humanely that it matches with corporate politics.. All depends on perceptions.. 😂

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lagabara

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 01:55:56 PM

since there is a merit program to raise the rank level valid. make it a bit hard to raise it, because it does not use the activity system anymore. but still always trying to get merit in order to rise to a higher rank again. hopefully can make a more quality post to get merit
Wise_man

Activity: 26

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 02:00:06 PM

hello admin,
My post activity is 126.But still in the member position can you please explain me.

Grin Grin Grin
How come that a member in rank like you didn't know how to read the information right in front your eyes. Are you realy serious of doing this? I am totally convinced that since from the beginning you don't have any care on this forum on how it will become more useful. Am I right?
coinsontheroad

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 02:11:12 PM

You can also look at it from a different perspective. I can see the merit system increasing shit posting.

So many new accounts will want to gain merit, they will be posting non-stop just to put "merit-bait" out there. The more posts you post, the more chance of getting merit.

If it works and the quality of the posts change, that's great, but it could have the opposite effect.

InvoKing
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1065

✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2018, 03:07:17 PM

You can also look at it from a different perspective. I can see the merit system increasing shit posting.

So many new accounts will want to gain merit, they will be posting non-stop just to put "merit-bait" out there. The more posts you post, the more chance of getting merit.

If it works and the quality of the posts change, that's great, but it could have the opposite effect.

Please show us examples of people shit-posting or making hundreds of low-quality posts and taking smerit for it. Thanks.

PSPD:law and order enforcement!
Press Section Police Department!
galio_ico

Activity: 190
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 05:19:46 PM

this merit thing or whatever manager think about to control the quality of posts, it just didnt work so well Sad((, just unfair for lately guys like me(like lost of people too) wanna up rank to promote some ICO to get the bounty.
I saw some one who reach high rank before "merit" got out and been merited (so they have sMerit), they're selling merit point to make money, and it's a lot, cause merit is a rare thing :')

InvoKing
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1065

✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2018, 05:39:50 PM

this merit thing or whatever manager think about to control the quality of posts, it just didnt work so well Sad((, just unfair for lately guys like me(like lost of people too) wanna up rank to promote some ICO to get the bounty.
I saw some one who reach high rank before "merit" got out and been merited (so they have sMerit), they're selling merit point to make money, and it's a lot, cause merit is a rare thing :')

Same, please point directly to those one selling merit. You can post their names here (with proof) or send a private message to moderators. Thanks.

PSPD:law and order enforcement!
Press Section Police Department!
athanz88

Activity: 476
Merit: 359

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 06:06:20 PM

I wonder if anybody was able to upgrade his rank from Member and higher ranks since the merit system was launched? Is there some kind of statistics about that? I suppose that they could be counted on the fingers of one hand. The merit system itself is great, but the merit limits for achieving a higher rank are too high. Is there some kind of review planned that could lower the limits down?  

I am wondering the same thing. I'm someone who designs interventions like these for large companies and I'm highly skeptical the merit system has done much of anything but reduce posts of anyone with less than a middle level account. The high level accounts, probably no change. The newbies got crushed and the middle accounts probably slowed dramatically. In effect, my guess (though I've been asking for the data for over a month) is that all this has done is essentially codified the older accounts as the true owners of this platform. It's a bit like building a virtual wall around a city. I'm not against some barriers, but man...they went from open land to the Great Wall of China in an afternoon. How about some middle ground?

I cannot give you a valid data, but i am one of many people that can rank up in this system. I am waiting for my activity points to reach 250 now. I can only suggest for you guys to keep sharp and engage to the talks and be on topic. I am not bragging, but trust me, it is hard to get it but it is not impossible if you keep giving your best and just dont focus too much on it. 1 merit per day is already a great score if you can make it.

Right now, there is no proposal on reducing the limit on merit needed for each rank, instead people are discussing to ncrease the merit needed. And i see a lot of upper rank member there, and i believe it has a chance to happen in the future because the number of merits will be increasing each month, and there will be more merits sources too in the future.
libert19

Activity: 2478
Merit: 941

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2018, 05:53:07 AM

I wonder if anybody was able to upgrade his rank from Member and higher ranks since the merit system was launched? Is there some kind of statistics about that? I suppose that they could be counted on the fingers of one hand. The merit system itself is great, but the merit limits for achieving a higher rank are too high. Is there some kind of review planned that could lower the limits down?  

I am wondering the same thing. I'm someone who designs interventions like these for large companies and I'm highly skeptical the merit system has done much of anything but reduce posts of anyone with less than a middle level account. The high level accounts, probably no change. The newbies got crushed and the middle accounts probably slowed dramatically. In effect, my guess (though I've been asking for the data for over a month) is that all this has done is essentially codified the older accounts as the true owners of this platform. It's a bit like building a virtual wall around a city. I'm not against some barriers, but man...they went from open land to the Great Wall of China in an afternoon. How about some middle ground?

I cannot give you a valid data, but i am one of many people that can rank up in this system. I am waiting for my activity points to reach 250 now. I can only suggest for you guys to keep sharp and engage to the talks and be on topic. I am not bragging, but trust me, it is hard to get it but it is not impossible if you keep giving your best and just dont focus too much on it. 1 merit per day is already a great score if you can make it.

Right now, there is no proposal on reducing the limit on merit needed for each rank, instead people are discussing to ncrease the merit needed. And i see a lot of upper rank member there, and i believe it has a chance to happen in the future because the number of merits will be increasing each month, and there will be more merits sources too in the future.

You sir are superhuman to me! The scenario for my profile vs your profile is completely vice-versa.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Goldenprog

Activity: 140

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 06:17:06 AM

not as easy as we think it is to find merit.kita must make a quality topic that can be understood by the community bitcoiner.dengan it we can wait for approval from agan agan senior, the tray to give us merit..
tuanytcc

Merit: 14

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 11:53:56 AM

I am not bragging, but trust me, it is hard to get it but it is not impossible if you keep giving your best and just dont focus too much on it. 1 merit per day is already a great score if you can make it.
That's it. Users in the forum, particularly newcomers (I mean both newbies and Junior Members) should change their minds, their attitude on whether they will accept new rules of ranking system which in turn related to merit system. I think they have to accept the fact and the system. Over the history of bitcointalk forum, when new rules lauched, there are lots of controversy, complaints, crying threads, etc. but over time everyone accepted such new, stricter rules. Personally, I think admin of the forum did those ones in order to improve the quality, experience of forum users.

Collinberg

Activity: 407

Collectrix-Bridgin the physical and Virtual worlds

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2018, 12:27:57 PM

In addition to activity, everyone now has a merit score, and you need both a certain activity level and a certain merit score in order to reach higher member ranks. The required scores are:

RankRequired activityRequired merit
Brand new00
Newbie10
Jr Member300
Member6010
Full Member120100
Sr. Member240250
Hero Member480500
LegendaryRandom in the range 775-10301000

You get merit points when someone sends you some for one of your posts. Additionally, when someone sends you merit points, half of those points can be sent by you to other people.

Certain users are designated as "merit sources". They can create new merit out of nothing, up to a limited number per month (which differs per source). I will not be posting a definitive list of merit sources (so that people don't bug them too much), though you'll soon figure out who they are if you pay attention.

There is currently no such thing as a "demerit". I'm hoping that the positive merits alone will be fine. I could add demerits pretty easily later on if necessary, though.

I'm hoping that this system will increase post quality by:
 - Forcing people to post high-quality stuff in order to rank up. If you just post garbage, you will never get even 1 merit point, and you will therefore never be able to put links in your signature, etc.
 - Highlighting good posts with the "Merited by" line.

While we will not be directly moderating this, I encourage people to give merit to posts that are objectively high-quality, not just posts that you agree with.

Do not beg for merit excessively.

Useful infographics

Forum users have helpfully created some infographics to explain the merit system:
paxmao's infographic
ibminer's infographic
8Habits's infographic
JetSet11's infographic
zentdex's infographic
alia_armelle's infographic

If you want to be a merit source:

1. Be a somewhat established member.
 2. Collect TEN posts written in the last couple of months by other people that have not received nearly enough merit for how good they are, and post quotes for them all in a new Meta thread. The point of this is to demonstrate your ability to give out merit usefully.
 3. We will take a look at your history and maybe make you a source.

I am especially eager to have merit sources in sub-communities such as the local sections.

Trivia:

For current members, your initial merit score is equal to the minimum required to your rank. Of that, a certain amount (less than the usual half) is spendable. The spendable amount was calculated based on your current rank and the number of activity points you earned in the last year. A Legendary member who hasn't posted in the last year would still be Legendary, but would not have any spendable merit.

If someone sends you 1 merit, the 0.5 sMerit is not wasted; it is just not shown until you get another merit point.

There are stats here, and you can find someone's merit summary by clicking the "merit" link on their profile.

I am a new member of this forum,I made my very first post today and I have had to literally search this whole forum to learn how the merit system works,thank you for this info,it is indeed of great help to newbies like me.

Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 2449

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2018, 12:37:55 PM

I am a new member of this forum,I made my very first post today and I have had to literally search this whole forum to learn how the merit system works,thank you for this info,it is indeed of great help to newbies like me.

Why did you quote that long post. We all know how it works, and if we don't, then we just need to look at the stickies.

I very nearly put you on ignore for clogging up the threads. In future, please just post the url if you think members need to refer to the post.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
austriam4444

Activity: 84

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 01:02:51 PM

Someone help me to become of "MEMBER" of bitcointalk. i post a well detailed and constructive meaningfulll post on other ICO REVIEWS and SUPPORTS.. NOTHINGS SEND ME. T.T  a merits.   i think no one give on me.... and im frustated that "im not a member of this FORUM"   did i do wrong Huh someone with a big heart.  who can donate me a merits.. i will supposedly continue to support and review ico's ...

THANKS!

Regards:
CRYPTO ENTHUSIAST REVIEWER.
TheQuin

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2018, 01:08:29 PM
Merited by Foxpup (1)

did i do wrong Huh

You did now, it is not allowed to beg for merits. Also, nearly all your posts are on altcoins bounties board so you are obviously here to take and not give. There is nothing worth merit in that.

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
athanz88

Merit: 359

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 01:19:36 PM

You sir are superhuman to me! The scenario for my profile vs your profile is completely vice-versa.

I am just a human the same as you, besides, there are many people who got more merits than me. You can do it too by engaging and making a quality post. Have dignity and increase your self quality.
thd26bct

Activity: 300
Merit: 93

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 01:42:02 PM

I am just a human the same as you, besides, there are many people who got more merits than me. You can do it too by engaging and making a quality post. Have dignity and increase your self quality.
Exactly right! Users should change their internal value first (in the case, internal value is their post quality) and keep doing this day by day. Contributing to the forum and help other users are the only way, easiest one to earn merit points.
phuongthao96

Activity: 176

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2018, 04:02:57 PM

I think this is fair, it will make people more active and meaningful than spam, and this is probably the way to make bitcointalk the leading forum for bitcoin and digital money. Great people and excellent
phuongthao96

Activity: 176

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2018, 04:05:38 PM

Exactly right! Users should change their internal value first (in the case, internal value is their post quality) and keep doing this day by day. Contributing to the forum and help other users are the only way, easiest one to earn merit points.

I think so. Change their person before, bring beautiful and meaningful for everyone. I will receive the results as desired
Collinberg

Activity: 407

Collectrix-Bridgin the physical and Virtual worlds

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2018, 05:04:27 PM

Why did you quote that long post. We all know how it works, and if we don't, then we just need to look at the stickies.

I very nearly put you on ignore for clogging up the threads. In future, please just post the url if you think members need to refer to the post.

I am really sorry for that,I am still a very new member and I am still learning how it works,it would never repeat itself.

Pages: « 1 ... 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 [182] 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 ... 329 »
  Print  

Jump to: