Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:25:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 [183] 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 ... 329 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit & new rank requirements  (Read 166599 times)
athanz88

Activity: 476
Merit: 359

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 05:14:16 PM

Why did you quote that long post. We all know how it works, and if we don't, then we just need to look at the stickies.

I very nearly put you on ignore for clogging up the threads. In future, please just post the url if you think members need to refer to the post.

I am really sorry for that,I am still a very new member and I am still learning how it works,it would never repeat itself.
If you re new, then beginners&help section can do good things for you, also sticky thread on meta may helpful for you, and do not forget to check your local board to get basic things as local boards also have informative thread plus your people can help you a lot without language barrier there. Also, welcome, please do not make another merit thread in the future.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shushanika

Activity: 102
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 05:23:29 PM

I am not bragging, but trust me, it is hard to get it but it is not impossible if you keep giving your best and just dont focus too much on it. 1 merit per day is already a great score if you can make it.
That's it. Users in the forum, particularly newcomers (I mean both newbies and Junior Members) should change their minds, their attitude on whether they will accept new rules of ranking system which in turn related to merit system. I think they have to accept the fact and the system. Over the history of bitcointalk forum, when new rules lauched, there are lots of controversy, complaints, crying threads, etc. but over time everyone accepted such new, stricter rules. Personally, I think admin of the forum did those ones in order to improve the quality, experience of forum users.

Most of the people who are against the merit system are seeing it from the point of their own benefits, they are not concerned about the forum. Members think that they will not be able to rank up easily now and thus will not be able to participate in signature campaigns. This is completely true, now it is hard to become eligible for those bounties now. But we should keep in mid that if spam on the forum is not controlled, those people running campaigns will stop their campaigns and look for better alternatives.
k1mera

Activity: 266
Merit: 140

k1mera

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2018, 05:53:12 PM

I think that the system could works but need to be a little bit rebalanced: there are not too much merit source in the local community forums also many high ranks do not give merits to people that really deserve them. Ok it is up to us to decide if a post deserve a merit or not but we should encourage people to do better also when they explain a thought that can be different from the one we have.

Also I think the difference between Activity and Merit (in terms of amount) should be leveled. It is very and very difficult to get merits instead of activity so I think the amount of merits people have to receive should be lowered a little bit compared, as said before, to activity.
shailkumari

Activity: 98
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 06:10:43 PM

not as easy as we think it is to find merit.kita must make a quality topic that can be understood by the community bitcoiner.dengan it we can wait for approval from agan agan senior, the tray to give us merit..

Just look at the post you made, it is even hard to get the complete meaning. You do not care about spelling mistakes or even where to start and end the campaigns. With this quality, it is not hard but impossible to get merits. Better improve your content, make some posts and then pass a judgement regarding merit system.

I think this is fair, it will make people more active and meaningful than spam, and this is probably the way to make bitcointalk the leading forum for bitcoin and digital money. Great people and excellent

Yes, that is what the admin wanted to achieve with the merit system. Most of the new members are trying to point out negative aspects instead of working on their posting quality. Also, we are seeign some members abusing the system and once they are recognized and then punished, we would be able to see a more clear picture.
fonship

Activity: 893
Merit: 135

Bitcoin is not a currency or asset. Its a MOVEMENT

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2018, 07:35:08 PM

I may not agree with this Merit system as I do see many people know how to use this power wisely. That is basic human flaw.
But I see benefit of stopping spamming and shit posting. For that I am ready to take a hit, because despite of good posting and legit participation, its very very hard to get Merits.
I know team and people behind it must be evaluating and refining to get things in order.

I can see spam are in control, where most have seen a pause in term of their membership growth but each good thing comes with a price. I will wait and see how things go.

selling sushistake.com, send offers
Bardman

Activity: 952
Merit: 516

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 09:17:03 PM

I think that the system could works but need to be a little bit rebalanced: there are not too much merit source in the local community forums also many high ranks do not give merits to people that really deserve them. Ok it is up to us to decide if a post deserve a merit or not but we should encourage people to do better also when they explain a thought that can be different from the one we have.

Also I think the difference between Activity and Merit (in terms of amount) should be leveled. It is very and very difficult to get merits instead of activity so I think the amount of merits people have to receive should be lowered a little bit compared, as said before, to activity.

Maybe but in the end it takes more than a year to become a hero member if i'm not mistaken, 16 months to be precise, so even though it's hard to get merits, it's just as hard to ever reach the activity needed. I personally think that people who receive a lot of merits should get extra smerits to send. For example if you receive 30 merits this month, you should get 30 smerits instead of 15.

█
 ▐ █  
  █
 ▐ █  

▄████████████████████▄
██████▀░░░░░░░░███████
████▀░░░▄████▄░░░░████
███░░▄█▀▀░░░░▀▀██░░███
██░░░█▌░██████░░██░░██
██░░█▌░████████░▐█░░██
██░░█▌░████████░▐█░░██
██░░█▌░███████████░░██
██░░░█▌░░█████▌░▐█░▐██
███░░▀█▌░░█▀░░▄██▀░▐██
████▄░░▀██████████████
██████▄░░░░███████████
▀████████████████████

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████░░██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
████████░░░░░░████████
███████░░░▐▌░░░███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
█████░░░░████░░░░█████
████░░░░██████░░░░████
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████

.a.

░░██████████████████████████████████████░░
██████████████████████████████████████████
████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████
██████████░█████████████████████░█████████
█████████░████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░████████
████████░███░█████████████████░████░██████
██████░███░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░████░███░░████
█████░███░████░█████████████░████░████░███
███░░███░████░░██████████████░████░████░██
████░░███░░████░███████████░░████░████░███
██████░░███░░███░░████████░████░████░█████
████████░████░░███░░████░████░████░███████
█████████░░████░████░███████░████░████████
███████████░░███░░███░░████████░██████████
█████████████░████░████░█████░████████████
███████████████░████░░███░░███████████████
█████████████████░████░███████████████████
██████████████████░░███░░█████████████████
████████████████████░░████████████████████
█████████████████████░████████████████████
░░██████████████████████████████████████

▄████████████████████▄
█████████████████▀░░██
██████████▀░███▀░░░░██
█████████▀░░██░░░░░░██
███████▀░░░░█░░░░░░░██
██████▀░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
█████▀░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
████▀░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
████░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
███▀░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
██▀░░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
▀████████████████████

▄████████████▀███████▄
████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
████░░██░░░░█░░░████░█
███░░█░░░░██░░░░░░░░░█
██░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░██
█████████░░░██░░░█████
████████░░░█░░░░██████
███████░░░░░░░░░██████
██████░░░░░░█░░███████
█████░░░░░███░░███████
████░░░░░███░░░███████
██████░░░░░░░░░███████
▀████████████████████
InvoKing
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1065

✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2018, 09:24:30 PM

Why most of merit haters are coming from altcoinstalk?
Someone said to me cuz they can't rank up anymore to get moar moneh from bountieh cuz gettin' merit is difficult with posts containin' 10 twitter, 20 fb, 50 telegram links. Is that true? Thanks.

Edit : https://i.imgflip.com/26jnpu.jpg

PSPD:law and order enforcement!
Press Section Police Department!
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2018, 10:28:34 PM

How long does it take to update this list------> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=merit;stats=topusers?
I thought the update was monthly but "February 15" calculated

The list is real-time. The time period is last 30 days AFAIK.
queenbe

Activity: 80
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 10:47:12 PM

I still dont get it. What is merit used for? How can I get merit?
MagicSmoker

Activity: 420
Merit: 182

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 11:14:53 PM

How about reading the first post, ya blithering idiot.  Roll Eyes

k1mera

Activity: 266
Merit: 140

k1mera

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2018, 12:17:35 AM

Maybe but in the end it takes more than a year to become a hero member if i'm not mistaken, 16 months to be precise, so even though it's hard to get merits, it's just as hard to ever reach the activity needed. I personally think that people who receive a lot of merits should get extra smerits to send. For example if you receive 30 merits this month, you should get 30 smerits instead of 15.

Well it is very difficult to earn merit. I got 27 merit in more than 2 months: this probably because in the local forums many people do not have an higher rank (I talk in particular about the Italian community) and therefore there are not a lot of merit source. Many people cannot provide merits at all because they are Junior Member or Member, so they just have few.
You need to post in the international section to get merits but it appears it does not help anyway, considering good post are being provided but merits are not received.

Let's hope someone will consider them in the next days Smiley
athanz88

Activity: 476
Merit: 359

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 02:01:41 AM
Last edit: March 17, 2018, 02:17:54 AM by athanz88

Well it is very difficult to earn merit. I got 27 merit in more than 2 months: this probably because in the local forums many people do not have an higher rank (I talk in particular about the Italian community) and therefore there are not a lot of merit source. Many people cannot provide merits at all because they are Junior Member or Member, so they just have few.
You need to post in the international section to get merits but it appears it does not help anyway, considering good post are being provided but merits are not received.

Let's hope someone will consider them in the next days Smiley

Indeed it is difficult but it is not impossible. you are doing very great compared to other members in the forum.

That is the problem with local people, maybe they are here only for money or they dont want to improve their english so they cant talk in international board, so the chance of they are getting merit is lower than people who are roaming to all board of the forum. It is considered already by admin and other established member to add more merit sources, but the thing is, does your local board has established members who has the ability to distinguish good and bad post? If your local board has it, they can apply themself to be a merit sources by finding 10 great posts and post it as a thread in meta section.
gamerferfect

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 03:36:53 AM

In addition to activity, everyone now has a merit score, and you need both a certain activity level and a certain merit score in order to reach higher member ranks. The required scores are:

RankRequired activityRequired merit
Brand new00
Newbie10
Jr Member300
Member6010
Full Member120100
Sr. Member240250
Hero Member480500
LegendaryRandom in the range 775-10301000

You get merit points when someone sends you some for one of your posts. Additionally, when someone sends you merit points, half of those points can be sent by you to other people.

Certain users are designated as "merit sources". They can create new merit out of nothing, up to a limited number per month (which differs per source). I will not be posting a definitive list of merit sources (so that people don't bug them too much), though you'll soon figure out who they are if you pay attention.

There is currently no such thing as a "demerit". I'm hoping that the positive merits alone will be fine. I could add demerits pretty easily later on if necessary, though.

I'm hoping that this system will increase post quality by:
 - Forcing people to post high-quality stuff in order to rank up. If you just post garbage, you will never get even 1 merit point, and you will therefore never be able to put links in your signature, etc.
 - Highlighting good posts with the "Merited by" line.

While we will not be directly moderating this, I encourage people to give merit to posts that are objectively high-quality, not just posts that you agree with.

Do not beg for merit excessively.

Useful infographics

Forum users have helpfully created some infographics to explain the merit system:
paxmao's infographic
ibminer's infographic
8Habits's infographic
JetSet11's infographic
zentdex's infographic
alia_armelle's infographic

If you want to be a merit source:

1. Be a somewhat established member.
 2. Collect TEN posts written in the last couple of months by other people that have not received nearly enough merit for how good they are, and post quotes for them all in a new Meta thread. The point of this is to demonstrate your ability to give out merit usefully.
 3. We will take a look at your history and maybe make you a source.

I am especially eager to have merit sources in sub-communities such as the local sections.

Trivia:

For current members, your initial merit score is equal to the minimum required to your rank. Of that, a certain amount (less than the usual half) is spendable. The spendable amount was calculated based on your current rank and the number of activity points you earned in the last year. A Legendary member who hasn't posted in the last year would still be Legendary, but would not have any spendable merit.

If someone sends you 1 merit, the 0.5 sMerit is not wasted; it is just not shown until you get another merit point.

There are stats here, and you can find someone's merit summary by clicking the "merit" link on their profile.
The information you provide is useful for newcomers to bitcointalk. I can translate this article into my native language. I will bring interesting to those who do not know this information.
kazoubg1

Activity: 252
Merit: 117

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 03:39:43 AM

How about reading the first post, ya blithering idiot.  Roll Eyes

If you want to achieve merit then you have to contribute to some project. if good they will bring merit to you.
If you have sympathy with anyone, you also have to give them some merit.
kazoubg1

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 03:46:56 AM

The activity point will be calculated monthly. Recently my activity score is very long updated.
libert19

Activity: 2478
Merit: 941

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2018, 03:58:40 AM

You sir are superhuman to me! The scenario for my profile vs your profile is completely vice-versa.

I am just a human the same as you, besides, there are many people who got more merits than me. You can do it too by engaging and making a quality post. Have dignity and increase your self quality.

Actually I do (you can check my posts, good? Bad? Feedback is highly appreciated), but only in few projects that I am involved in.

Can you tell some child forums where you have got your merit points the most? Thanks.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2018, 04:00:12 AM

This thread has become exhibit A on how to not earn merit.

The information you provide is useful for newcomers to bitcointalk. I can translate this article into my native language. I will bring interesting to those who do not know this information.

Why full-quote for this?

The activity point will be calculated monthly. Recently my activity score is very long updated.

Serial posting, incomprehensible garbage...

Not like this.

kazoubg1

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 04:22:27 AM

This thread has become exhibit A on how to not earn merit.

Why full-quote for this?

Serial posting, incomprehensible garbage...

Not like this.

thank you. I learned about it. I have seen forum hackers.
hidayatgp12

Activity: 126
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 04:31:37 AM

Hi sir. I am new in bitcointalk and need your help. I want to ask about first presence of merit system. I mean, as bitcointalk user i have 0 merit for the beginning, and i think other user have 0 merit too. So, How could user get merit for the first? Is merit bought from someone or from system? Or merit is given from the beginning of merit system. For example, before merit system's appearance i already Member rank. Since there are new system and i know there are minimum number of merit needed based on rank. I am given merit as much 10 (because my rank is member)?
Thank you
gamerferfect

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 04:37:45 AM

Hi sir. I am new in bitcointalk and need your help. I want to ask about first presence of merit system. I mean, as bitcointalk user i have 0 merit for the beginning, and i think other user have 0 merit too. So, How could user get merit for the first? Is merit bought from someone or from system? Or merit is given from the beginning of merit system. For example, before merit system's appearance i already Member rank. Since there are new system and i know there are minimum number of merit needed based on rank. I am given merit as much 10 (because my rank is member)?
Thank you
when they give merit. Members will earn bonus points corresponding to their rank. And that point we can not bring merit. You need to have merits for you to reach the next level.
Pages: « 1 ... 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 [183] 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 ... 329 »
  Print  

Jump to: