Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 09:37:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 [184] 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 ... 329 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit & new rank requirements  (Read 166568 times)
Fhejhaey

Activity: 154
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 05:00:10 AM

Hloe how to get merit and how to participate thanks advanc

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
1020kingz

Activity: 350
Merit: 106

Telegram Moderator, Hire me

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 05:44:21 AM

Hloe how to get merit and how to participate thanks advanc
your question is qouted in the first page of this thread, however if youre not feeling it to read i’l answer you in summarized and not complicated explaination, you can obtain merit by making a good quality post in any thread, do not spam, and try to be constructive and informative in your post, in that way people in the forum will give you a merit, where is the easiest way to earn merit? its good to post or reply in your own native language in local boards in that way you can express and can contruct good quality post and helpful to others, but if youre already good at english you can do it in any sections in this forum. i hope that it will help you.  Wink
gamerferfect

Activity: 168
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 06:32:39 AM

information information about the rules of the forum: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3143420.msg32495029#msg32495029
Nelly.G0211

Activity: 434
Merit: 103

Eloncity - power the world for free! /eloncity.io/

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 07:43:27 AM

If i understand the rules correctly, we suppose to get the half of our merit to send to the forum memmbers. Am i right? The thing is that i got 6 merit points to spend.. instead of 50. So what do i do to get more receivable points? Is becoming a merit source the only way to get the points? Thanks in advance.

TheQuin

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2018, 07:48:49 AM

If i understand the rules correctly, we suppose to get the half of our merit to send to the forum memmbers. Am i right? The thing is that i got 6 merit points to spend.. instead of 50. So what do i do to get more receivable points? Is becoming a merit source the only way to get the points? Thanks in advance.

Go back and read the OP again. The initial distribution of Merit was based on rank, the initial distribution of sMerit was based on your activity in the last year. I got 250 Merit and only 22 sMerit. Then you get 0.5 sMerit for every 1 Merit you have been awarded since the system was introduced.

sMerit = spendable Merit.

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
dragonvslinux
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 2204

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 08:54:14 AM

sMerit = spendable Merit.

Finally I learnt something new by reading a few more pages here, I thought that was never going to happen.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Coinmaster87

Activity: 136
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 10:10:48 AM

i am in desperate need of merit.
84 activity but zero merit.
I want to rise in rank.and trying to write good post but im not a techie so not getting merit i guess.
athanz88

Activity: 476
Merit: 359

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 10:45:50 AM

I want to rise in rank.and trying to write good post but im not a techie so not getting merit i guess.

What is techie? Do you mean someone with a lot of tech knowledge? If it is yes, you are not required to be a techie to get a merit. You just need to be more engaged and connected to the forum. Being a techie is a plus side if you can, and you dont need to be a good techie, just in bitcoin and crypto things.

Learn, you still can. There are lot of things can be learned in the internet about bitcoin and crypto. You can use youtube,read news, or other platform. And you can come to this thread too to learn things https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2968050.0
krishnaverma

Activity: 1260
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 10:58:25 AM

Unfortunately, you will not be given any merit only because you need it. You should not take any shortcut also if you want to level up just like some scammers are trying to. This will result in your account getting negative trust or banned which will make the account completely useless.

I will suggest you to remain patient and keep making good posts. Also, try to act smarter and post things like infographics or other detailed tutorials to help members.
CryptoLex

Activity: 238
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 11:31:10 AM

And why is rising in rank so important to you? Because of the bounty program? If not, who cares what rank you have. Its not like you have any restrictions
Fleisher

Activity: 189
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 12:47:58 PM

And why is rising in rank so important to you? Because of the bounty program? If not, who cares what rank you have. Its not like you have any restrictions

well, most of the people with those rank "problems" are people which are participating in different bounty programs. and as we all know the bountys are related to your rank. and to get merit as a new user is harder than a user who is already Member or Full Member. i wrote about the reasons why a few posts back. and not to mention that older users got their merit automatically when the merit system was introduced. so basically they could have a spam account in the history but they got lets say 100 merit. and imo to get 100 merit is almost impossible to get these days. i mean you should get merit for good posts, but to get merit someone has to give his smerit to another. so basicly almost no one will give their merit for average good posts. and to write an extraordinary post is mostly impossible to this day. i mean think about it. about the most extraordinary topics has been written on this forum a thousand times. so automatically its harder to write good posts.

so to answer your post. you will hardly rank up because almost no new user has the knowledge to write good posts. all the techie crypto users are on this forum for years and to give something new and extraordinary to those old users is almost impossible. especially impossible because they have to give their smerit to you. and you can bet they will give smerit to an older higher ranking account with an average post, than to you, because they can expect to get smerit back from those older accounts because basically, you have no smerit to giveaway.

buy me a beer with Tezos tz1eUaNAVLTxCkQ2zDjbiYzPfFpVETfbZsrX
https://www.binance.com/?ref=10999682
Bumbr

Activity: 254
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 02:41:38 PM

For sure this stupid system and limitations created for small number of users who could advertise shits and scams here with their large signatures. There is no other point of being highly ranked. To reduce spam and flood on the forum, they should remove these bounty/airdrop advantages, instead of it, admins prefer to get something valuable, that they could manage and sell. They should issue merit coin and sell it, instead of this dumb pointless system.
Bardman

Activity: 952
Merit: 516

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 05:49:50 PM

Well it is very difficult to earn merit. I got 27 merit in more than 2 months: this probably because in the local forums many people do not have an higher rank (I talk in particular about the Italian community) and therefore there are not a lot of merit source. Many people cannot provide merits at all because they are Junior Member or Member, so they just have few.
You need to post in the international section to get merits but it appears it does not help anyway, considering good post are being provided but merits are not received.

Let's hope someone will consider them in the next days Smiley

Indeed it is difficult but it is not impossible. you are doing very great compared to other members in the forum.

That is the problem with local people, maybe they are here only for money or they dont want to improve their english so they cant talk in international board, so the chance of they are getting merit is lower than people who are roaming to all board of the forum. It is considered already by admin and other established member to add more merit sources, but the thing is, does your local board has established members who has the ability to distinguish good and bad post? If your local board has it, they can apply themself to be a merit sources by finding 10 great posts and post it as a thread in meta section.

Well if you check the stats: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3093768.msg31934877#msg31934877 local has 34% of the total merits sent. Obviously we don't which local language gives the most but it seems to me that you can gain plenty of merits in your local section.

█
 ▐ █  
  █
 ▐ █  

▄████████████████████▄
██████▀░░░░░░░░███████
████▀░░░▄████▄░░░░████
███░░▄█▀▀░░░░▀▀██░░███
██░░░█▌░██████░░██░░██
██░░█▌░████████░▐█░░██
██░░█▌░████████░▐█░░██
██░░█▌░███████████░░██
██░░░█▌░░█████▌░▐█░▐██
███░░▀█▌░░█▀░░▄██▀░▐██
████▄░░▀██████████████
██████▄░░░░███████████
▀████████████████████

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████░░██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
████████░░░░░░████████
███████░░░▐▌░░░███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
█████░░░░████░░░░█████
████░░░░██████░░░░████
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████

.a.

░░██████████████████████████████████████░░
██████████████████████████████████████████
████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████
██████████░█████████████████████░█████████
█████████░████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░████████
████████░███░█████████████████░████░██████
██████░███░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░████░███░░████
█████░███░████░█████████████░████░████░███
███░░███░████░░██████████████░████░████░██
████░░███░░████░███████████░░████░████░███
██████░░███░░███░░████████░████░████░█████
████████░████░░███░░████░████░████░███████
█████████░░████░████░███████░████░████████
███████████░░███░░███░░████████░██████████
█████████████░████░████░█████░████████████
███████████████░████░░███░░███████████████
█████████████████░████░███████████████████
██████████████████░░███░░█████████████████
████████████████████░░████████████████████
█████████████████████░████████████████████
░░██████████████████████████████████████

▄████████████████████▄
█████████████████▀░░██
██████████▀░███▀░░░░██
█████████▀░░██░░░░░░██
███████▀░░░░█░░░░░░░██
██████▀░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
█████▀░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
████▀░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
████░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
███▀░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
██▀░░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
▀████████████████████

▄████████████▀███████▄
████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
████░░██░░░░█░░░████░█
███░░█░░░░██░░░░░░░░░█
██░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░██
█████████░░░██░░░█████
████████░░░█░░░░██████
███████░░░░░░░░░██████
██████░░░░░░█░░███████
█████░░░░░███░░███████
████░░░░░███░░░███████
██████░░░░░░░░░███████
▀████████████████████
Sgrocks

Activity: 64

Crypto Boss

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 06:13:53 PM

Joined this forum today and checking out all the Interested Topics I can find, Redirected here from some other related topic about the rank.
Well all I can say is that Mods or Admins are doing pretty good job in keeping newbies to rise above the rank early this could help to reduce the spam as we know which is good for keeping the quality posts and such.

Glad to be a part of this Smiley

https://akropolis.io/
♦ AKROPOLIS ♦ Blockchain Pensions Infrastructure ♦
♦ Token Generation Event Q2 2018 ♦
lukyanli

Activity: 40
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 06:24:59 PM

Well if you check the stats: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3093768.msg31934877#msg31934877 local has 34% of the total merits sent. Obviously we don't which local language gives the most but it seems to me that you can gain plenty of merits in your local section.

I think these stats do not show the real picture. These stats also include cases where members have sent 50 merits points for single post (shit post as well) to their alt accounts or friends. Some member posted about this issue in a particular local section. However, if we have some stats collected after removing these merit abuse cases, we can get a better idea about merits awarded in local sections.
therhslv

Activity: 1022
Merit: 264

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 06:36:18 PM

Looks like the only way to get merit is create some really usefull topicks/threads with really good information for Member and up . Because if i create some tutorials for newbies , there will be nobody to give me merit , because newbies dont have it as know . Ok maybe some ranked up member will give me some , not sure . But so far i like the new system Smiley
zigfridkr

Activity: 44

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 06:48:26 PM

Looks like the only way to get merit is create some really usefull topicks/threads with really good information for Member and up . Because if i create some tutorials for newbies , there will be nobody to give me merit , because newbies dont have it as know . Ok maybe some ranked up member will give me some , not sure . But so far i like the new system Smiley

I do not agree to this completely. If a senior member or merit source sees as member making effort in putting useful information here, he will still give merits even if the content posted is not of much use to their rank. This has already happened in the past for a number of threads. For instance, some senior members were giving away merit points to new members by asking them to quote their posts in their thread. This was not open for senior members still they gave merits to OP for the concern he has showed for the forum.
CryptoRobert

Activity: 1015
Merit: 289

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 07:30:47 PM

Is it just my impression or shitposting seems to have slowed down a bit overall on the forum?
And is it just my impression or merit-related-shitposting on the other side has drammatically increased in the meta section and in this very thread in particular? I remember having been following this thread on Merit & new rank requirements in its early days and then, after a long absence, I've now come back and I've suddenly found it full of posts written in quite bad English and in most cases stating banalities.
But perhaps it's just my impression...
queenbe

Activity: 80
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 09:56:44 PM

I still dont get it. What is merit used for? How can I get merit?

How about reading the first post, ya blithering idiot.  Roll Eyes

If you want to achieve merit then you have to contribute to some project. if good they will bring merit to you.
If you have sympathy with anyone, you also have to give them some merit.

thanks for your reply. I still have concern like how to contribute to the project? what section to find those? Is it like joining bounty?
tbct_mt2

Activity: 2296
Merit: 835

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2018, 12:54:58 AM

Is it just my impression or shitposting seems to have slowed down a bit overall on the forum?
And is it just my impression or merit-related-shitposting on the other side has drammatically increased in the meta section and in this very thread in particular? I remember having been following this thread on Merit & new rank requirements in its early days and then, after a long absence, I've now come back and I've suddenly found it full of posts written in quite bad English and in most cases stating banalities.
But perhaps it's just my impression...
That's right! There is hot trend from merit beggars to move from Alt child boards to Meta; Beginners & Help boards in order to catch attention of higher ranked users, then beg them for their sMerits. I think this trend has two sides:
1) Newbies and/ or Junior members (lower ranked members generally) will have more opportunities to get more knowledge, skills, experiences, and valuable lessons from higher ranked members by joining these boards. It's good for themselves. Then overtime, they can grow more, and become more knowledgeable enough to help other users in the forum (particularly newcomers) to solve their problems. It's good for the forum and it's good effects of merit system and the trend to move to serious boards/ child boards in the forum.
2) The trend has negative effects, which result in hundreds/ thousands of shitty-posts in Meta; Beginner & Help, etc. which rarely happened before merit system launch. However, I think over time, this bad effects will dissaperar. Why? Simply because shit-posters will soon realize that higher ranked users and merit sources will become stricter over time when assess threads ' quality before sending their sMerits. That means shit-posters, spammers almost have no chance to get any merits by keeping shitty posts, then they will stop and leave these boards or the forum finally. The only way for them to earn sMerits is improving their posts quality, to be more constructive, more helpful.

Give merit system more time, then most of spammers, shit-posters will be controlled, and eliminated.

.airbet.
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██

▄████▄▄▄██████▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████▀▀▀▀████
██████████████
▀███▀███████▄██
██████████▄███
██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
██████████████
█████▐████████
██████▀███████▀
▄███████████████▄
████████████████
█░██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████░█░███████
████████████████
█████████████████
██████████████░█
████████████████
▀███████████████▀
██▄▄▄
████████▄▄
██████▀▀████▄
██████▄░░████▄
██████████████
████████░░▀███▌
░████████▄▄████
██████████████▌
███░░░█████████
█████████░░░██▀
░░░███████████▀
██████░░░██▀
░░▀▀███▀

6,000+
GAMES
|
WEEKLY
PROMOS
....100%....
1ST DEPOSIT
BONUS
....125%.....
2ND DEPOSIT
BONUS
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██
.PLAY NOW.
Pages: « 1 ... 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 [184] 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 ... 329 »
  Print  

Jump to: