Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:15:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 [190] 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 ... 329 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit & new rank requirements  (Read 166606 times)
Nelly.G0211

Activity: 434
Merit: 103

Eloncity - power the world for free! /eloncity.io/

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 10:14:30 PM

All those Hero Member and Legendary Member including @Theymos and DTs should be ashamed of themselves implementing this merit system. The poor guy founder who invent this technology has a very low merit than yours. Ask your self if you deserve the merit than this poor developer. Without him, you are all nothing. If this guy still here right now I doubt if he will approve this because Satoshi  is known for solving problems and believes in equality not adding another problem and promotes hierarchy.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=3

Satoshi would ashamed if people just making money easily by spamming or shitposting or making FUD or making scam ICO. This is a forum not bitcoin itself, the owner of this forum has the right to make it centralized, and one thing is for sure, just because you joined this forum, Satoshi or this forum doesnt have the obligation to give you money, why would you mad because a forum can not give you money anymore because you can not get merit.

Lastly, what equality did you mention? Do you think people getting more money with all of his/her alt account with shitposting and cheating the signature or bounty are fair to people who only use 1 account and never cheat signature or bounty and contribute to forum while getting lesser? Please what equality do you mean? Id rather have a people with experience and proper manner on this forum in a hierarchy power rather than a lot of "equal" people you did mean.

agree. there are so many people just posting stupid things over and over again. of course, this forum helps us to earn some money, but it's also a source of information. the number of people spamming around is getting higher everyday, so to find some useful information is a challenging thing to do. so maybe this merit system will scare them off))

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10148

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 02:07:50 AM

All those Hero Member and Legendary Member including @Theymos and DTs should be ashamed of themselves implementing this merit system. The poor guy founder who invent this technology has a very low merit than yours. Ask your self if you deserve the merit than this poor developer. Without him, you are all nothing. If this guy still here right now I doubt if he will approve this because Satoshi  is known for solving problems and believes in equality not adding another problem and promotes hierarchy.

Satoshi would ashamed if people just making money easily by spamming or shitposting or making FUD or making scam ICO. This is a forum not bitcoin itself, the owner of this forum has the right to make it centralized, and one thing is for sure, just because you joined this forum, Satoshi or this forum doesnt have the obligation to give you money, why would you mad because a forum can not give you money anymore because you can not get merit.

Lastly, what equality did you mention? Do you think people getting more money with all of his/her alt account with shitposting and cheating the signature or bounty are fair to people who only use 1 account and never cheat signature or bounty and contribute to forum while getting lesser? Please what equality do you mean? Id rather have a people with experience and proper manner on this forum in a hierarchy power rather than a lot of "equal" people you did mean.
If that's the case then maybe @Theymos have to take out Sig Code for good if he wants to address the problem or find other way to address this mess. The question is can Theymos and his minions afford to take out Sig Code for a better and cleaner Forum? One more question can you afford to lose you Sig Campaign and find other source of income?  

I can afford to lose it, i treat this forum as a forum and not to make money on it, money is the only bonus for me. If people can make money with the right way then why not? Merit kicks in to make sure that high quality people can shine among the others who only do shitpost or even normal things. One thing for sure is, i never whine about merit and i embrace it, i think it is a great feature for the future of this forum. You should not question people who contribute even a little for the forum about making money, they earn the privilege to make money, it is a privilege for high quality and contributor people, not a right for everybody who join this forum.

My question for you is, do you deserved to earn money while you didnt do a thing or do it by cheating?

Well, come back later with your real account when you want to talk about eliminating all sig system in the forum, i bet you have a high rank account used for makimg money purposes.
If you can afford to lose it why not suggest it and say "@Theymos, maybe we have to take out the sigcode for good, anyway Sig Campaign for me is just a bonus, Im living in a third world country but I can manage my living". By the way your statement is also contradicting, you are here not to make money then suddenly your are talking the right way to make money. Make up your mind, the fish caught in the mouth.

In essence, you, karmicpanther, fail and refuse to recognize any kind of value in the merit system that has been created.  Furthermore, likely due to your failure and refusal to see value in this new merit system, you are starting from the wrong premise to expect that such new system is completely abandoned in order to implement a new system (which if you had your way seems to be that you merely want to return to the old system)...

In other words, you are coming off as both a self-absorbed nincompoop who tries to blame while deflecting issues, which causes you to  lack  credibility regarding anything that you are suggesting about this subject matter.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
selezneve

Activity: 132
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 05:55:04 AM

This is a common issue with people dependent on an external website for their earnings. Members who are replying only on the income they get from signature campaigns here for their living are in extreme danger. Just one red trust or ban and all their earnings come to an end in a moment. That is why I always believe in replying sources you have better control on like won websites. There are multiple ways to advertise a website and thus you are safer with that approach.
interna

Activity: 75

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 06:16:26 AM

Merit system should be modified because :

1) We will see a new system. Introducing changes will help to fight against members that got away with current loopholes. We should not allow members to get used to a particular system and they will eventually realize that it is not worth their time to spam.

2) I see very less number of junior members ranking up. This must be discouraging for the new members who had just joined after the merit system. We should increase merits in circulation.

MoonX      
───   http://www.moon.family/   ───
TRADE, EARN & OWN THE EXCHANGE
TheQuin

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2018, 06:23:06 AM

2) I see very less number of junior members ranking up. This must be discouraging for the new members who had just joined after the merit system. We should increase merits in circulation.

Less than what? You registered after the system was introduced so how could you know? Unless of course, this is one of many accounts you have.

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
krishnaverma

Activity: 1274
Merit: 106

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 06:47:33 AM

How about this case? I found this one by chance. 10 acitivities, newbie rank, 100 merits, and there is no merit history. What is this? Anyone can help to make a forensic analysis about the case (I am just kidding) because I am curious about this guy and would like to know what actually happened with the account.
Thanks all in advance.

It is probably because the member deleted his past posts. Some members do have weird stats and in addition to deletion of past posts, their might be some other reasons. One is that the member is exceptionally good at expressing his opinion here. They have often more merits than activity which might be hard to digest for normal members like me. Then there are those cheaters getting 50 merit points for a single post.
spadaccino

Activity: 183
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2018, 09:26:58 AM

Less than what? You registered after the system was introduced so how could you know? Unless of course, this is one of many accounts you have.

Finally I got that. I was searching this topic for hours !
Even If it'0s not clear how you give somebody a merit - and you have so few to give it away, members are not encouraged to give them away.
TheQuin

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2018, 09:36:10 AM

Even If it'0s not clear how you give somebody a merit - and you have so few to give it away, members are not encouraged to give them away.

We don't need to be encouraged as it is in our interest to reduce spam. So we award Merit to interesting and informative posts and not posts that had no reason to be made. That way only the people making a valuable contribution here will rank up. The fact that fewer Jr. Members are ranking up now is a measure of success. Maybe after you have been here for some time you will understand that.

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
fokinlipat

Activity: 187
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 10:22:13 AM

Members sending merits will not make much difference in the long run. In few months all the default merits will already dry up and then we will will have merits given by merit sources only. These merit sources had been assigned this task by the admin and thus I expect them to do their job with dedication. They are already high ranked members who have proved they loyalty to the forum.  I also expect merit sources not to award merits to members who are hoarding their merit points.
riffat

Activity: 150
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 10:54:04 AM

Qus 1: According to Attach link , 60 activity makes me Member on Forum.But my activity is 70 . Or i am wrong to understand .

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2818350.msg28856522#msg28856522

Qus 2: One thing i am not clear about merit. Senior can send or gift it upon your activity on forum . in my local tread, some times i am trying  to clearify my communitie newbies problem . and i know there has many senior and sir member. but they do not properly look after their newbies , .
What kind of Rules has for this kind of Sir member or Senior Member ?
NB: If i am do any wrong for asking  this kind of Question no: 2 ,then i am Sorry.But Please clarify me .

【BLACKBOX OS】 (https://blackboxfoundation.org/)
【The Future of Work. Decentralized.】[/b
selezneve

Activity: 132

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 10:57:28 AM

Who told you that the merits are few to give away. You need to read the responses in this thread carefully. New merits are being generated very month and they come from merit sources. As these merits are awarded to members, members also keeping getting some Smerits per month and we have the cycle getting repeated.

Now whether the merits being generated by merit sources is enough or not, we will see in coming months. Give this merit system some time and let all those abuse cases settle down.
BTCforJoe

Activity: 882
Merit: 976

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2018, 11:16:44 AM
Last edit: March 24, 2018, 06:51:55 PM by BTCforJoe

Qus 1: According to Attach link , 60 activity makes me Member on Forum.But my activity is 70 . Or i am wrong to understand .

Did you not read the first post in this thread? Roll Eyes

In addition to activity, everyone now has a merit score, and you need both a certain activity level and a certain merit score in order to reach higher member ranks. The required scores are:

RankRequired activityRequired merit
Brand new00
Newbie10
Jr Member300
Member6010
Full Member120100
Sr. Member240250
Hero Member480500
LegendaryRandom in the range 775-10301000

In addition to the required 60 Activity, you now need 10 Merits to rank up from Jr. Member to Member.

Qus 2: One thing i am not clear about merit. Senior can send or gift it upon your activity on forum . in my local tread, some times i am trying  to clearify my communitie newbies problem . and i know there has many senior and sir member. but they do not properly look after their newbies , .

Nobody is required to give you merits in order to rank up. You don't automatically get merits just because you post. Go back and read the first post here to learn what merits are and why the merit system was introduced. Based on your post, however, I don't think you're going to be a good fit for these forums, and I don't think you stand a snowball's chance in hell at earning enough merits to rank up, if I'm being honest.

riffat

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 11:44:35 AM

Did you not read the first post in this thread? Roll Eyes

In addition to activity, everyone now has a merit score, and you need both a certain activity level and a certain merit score in order to reach higher member ranks. The required scores are:

Brand new00
Newbie10
Jr Member300
Member6010
Full Member120100
Sr. Member240250
Hero Member480500

In addition to the required 60 Activity, you now need 10 Merits to rank up to Jr. Member.

Qus 2: One thing i am not clear about merit. Senior can send or gift it upon your activity on forum . in my local tread, some times i am trying  to clearify my communitie newbies problem . and i know there has many senior and sir member. but they do not properly look after their newbies , .

Nobody is required to give you merits in order to rank up. You don't automatically get merits just because you post. Go back and read the first post here to learn what merits are and why the merit system was introduced. Based on your post, however, I don't think you're going to be a good fit for these forums, and I don't think you stand a snowball's chance in hell at earning enough merits to rank up, if I'm being honest.

You may right about me ...

junior member 30
Member  60 &
Full Member 120 Right?

Sry ....also need 10 Merit ...Now i understand ....60+10  Smiley

Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 2449

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2018, 12:05:11 PM

Sry ....also need 10 Merit ...Now i understand ....60+10  Smiley

If you want to have any chance of getting merit, then you need to learn how to clip quotes. Your contant repeating of long post structures, especially the annoying formatted ones, will cause people to skip over your posts, even if they can find them.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
matthewio

Activity: 164

bitcoin is great

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2018, 12:28:34 PM

It is kind of very difficult these days to get some merits point.i have been posting and contributing for several months now,i have only be lucky to get just 1 merit point.My activities are high,quotes are not spamming,honest reviews and comments,still i have not been able to move past the basic stage of a junior member.I keep wondering if i am doing it all the wrong way.Someone should please help out,i feel i am left behind.I really want ot grow and be meaningful on this platform.How do i get the merits please.Help out please.
riffat

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 12:38:57 PM

If you want to have any chance of getting merit, then you need to learn how to clip quotes.
If you want to understand this kind of QUOTE, then I can do this

Your contant repeating of long post structures, especially the annoying formatted ones, will cause people to skip over your posts, even if they can find them.
thank you for your important suggestion  Smiley

BTCforJoe

Activity: 882
Merit: 976

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2018, 12:39:15 PM

It is kind of very difficult these days to get some merits point.i have been posting and contributing for several months now,i have only be lucky to get just 1 merit point.My activities are high,quotes are not spamming,honest reviews and comments,still i have not been able to move past the basic stage of a junior member.I keep wondering if i am doing it all the wrong way.Someone should please help out,i feel i am left behind.I really want ot grow and be meaningful on this platform.How do i get the merits please.Help out please.

Take a look at these threads (there are plenty more if you look around):

TMAN'S guide to getting merit. • Common Q&A about Bitcoin: Non-Technical Edition (Earn Merits) • List of Threads Giving Away Merits - Updated 12 march 2018

karmicpanther

Activity: 17

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 04:45:14 PM

If that's the case then maybe @Theymos have to take out Sig Code for good if he wants to address the problem or find other way to address this mess. The question is can Theymos and his minions afford to take out Sig Code for a better and cleaner Forum? One more question can you afford to lose you Sig Campaign and find other source of income?  

I can afford to lose it, i treat this forum as a forum and not to make money on it, money is the only bonus for me. If people can make money with the right way then why not? Merit kicks in to make sure that high quality people can shine among the others who only do shitpost or even normal things. One thing for sure is, i never whine about merit and i embrace it, i think it is a great feature for the future of this forum. You should not question people who contribute even a little for the forum about making money, they earn the privilege to make money, it is a privilege for high quality and contributor people, not a right for everybody who join this forum.

My question for you is, do you deserved to earn money while you didnt do a thing or do it by cheating?

Well, come back later with your real account when you want to talk about eliminating all sig system in the forum, i bet you have a high rank account used for makimg money purposes.
If you can afford to lose it why not suggest it and say "@Theymos, maybe we have to take out the sigcode for good, anyway Sig Campaign for me is just a bonus, Im living in a third world country but I can manage my living". By the way your statement is also contradicting, you are here not to make money then suddenly your are talking the right way to make money. Make up your mind, the fish caught in the mouth.

In essence, you, karmicpanther, fail and refuse to recognize any kind of value in the merit system that has been created.  Furthermore, likely due to your failure and refusal to see value in this new merit system, you are starting from the wrong premise to expect that such new system is completely abandoned in order to implement a new system (which if you had your way seems to be that you merely want to return to the old system)...

In other words, you are coming off as both a self-absorbed nincompoop who tries to blame while deflecting issues, which causes you to  lack  credibility regarding anything that you are suggesting about this subject matter.
Cut the BULLSHIT, you agree because it is convenient for you because you are already a high Rank. You want to cut those shit poster, @Theymos take out the SIG for good. Let me guess you will not agree because it is not convenient for you anymore. DARE!?? Or you are afraid because your source of income will suddenly collapse. I dare @Theymos to take out SIG for 6 Months and your problem will be solve immediately. Let see if you will see more shit poster in this forum again.
InvoKing
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1065

✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2018, 06:43:38 PM

Cut the BULLSHIT, you agree because it is convenient for you because you are already a high Rank. You want to cut those shit poster, @Theymos take out the SIG for good. Let me guess you will not agree because it is not convenient for you anymore. DARE!?? Or you are afraid because your source of income will suddenly collapse. I dare @Theymos to take out SIG for 6 Months and your problem will be solve immediately. Let see if you will see more shit poster in this forum again.

No need to quote many posts...
Disabling signatures could be done to shut down shitposting but it will have also a huge impact on the forums future.
For the Merit, it could delay ranking for regular users but it will collapse farming accounts; they can cheat, trade merit but this will end soon once they run out of smerit.
For satoshi he created Bitcoin and he "disappeared", he doesn't even own his account. I respect the opinion of people sending smerit for the founder account but for me it is a waste of it since it could benefit others to rank up...

PSPD:law and order enforcement!
Press Section Police Department!
fxstrike

Activity: 238
Merit: 40

First Payment Gateway using GoldBacked cryptocurre

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 06:44:02 PM
Last edit: March 24, 2018, 11:59:33 PM by fxstrike

Brand new00
Newbie10
Jr Member300
Member6010
Full Member120100
Sr. Member240250
Hero Member480500

In addition to the required 60 Activity, you now need 10 Merits to rank up to Jr. Member.
There is some error to the above statement, the correct statement should be
In addition to the required 60 Activity, you now need 10 Merits to rank up to Member.

Pages: « 1 ... 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 [190] 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 ... 329 »
  Print  

Jump to: