Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:54:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 [192] 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 ... 329 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit & new rank requirements  (Read 166571 times)
karmicpanther

Activity: 17
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 12:14:59 AM

...Let me remind you that the guy  we are talking about is the guy  that change you life up to 360 degrees.

Well, that would put you right back where you started...

...oh, and while I don't think the merit system is working quite as intended (just yet), I also don't see why there is so damn much butthurt about it here in meta. You'd think that Theymos dun terk err jerbs!

Maybe in your case he did. Sucks to be you, then.

Common just confess to us that you don't want to get rid of Sig Campaign because it is in favor to you, and you can't afford to lose it right? Let me guess it is your bread and butter. It is a butthurt if you can't afford to pay your bills in time right?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dungp3132

Activity: 274
Merit: 26

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 04:44:57 AM

Quoting is discretionary.
You are missing a point!
Quoting is definitely discretionary, but users or quoters should do it smart and in more-skilled quoting method to keep their threads comfortable, avoid to make their threads really annoying. I hate to say this, but when I found (by chance) threads which were quoted times to times, I did not want to read it. Those annoying threads make me feel really hard to follow the flow of ideas.
Just my opinion, so take it easy, JayJuanGee.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10130

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 05:13:42 AM

~
You are the one full of bullshit and fairly apparent fantasy, karmicpanther.  

I imagine that you are living in grandma's basement too with all your "tough talk" and your ongoing (double down) pie in the sky proposals.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
~
Agree with your stance about that guy. However, I think it might be better if you use snip un-used, un-necessary contents in your thread to save more space and make your thread become more comfortable for readers. To be honest, I have to scroll my computer mouse down for a while due to your over-quoted thread. It actually hurts my fingers.
Best regards,

Quoting is di c tionary.

am i doing it right?

When you misquote, you are being disingenuous, so even you are trying to be funny, you are misrepresenting, which might also be judged as trolling.   Roll Eyes

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 05:38:26 AM

You are the one full of bullshit and fairly apparent fantasy, karmicpanther. 

I imagine that you are living in grandma's basement too with all your "tough talk" and your ongoing (double down) pie in the sky proposals.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Is this a kind of quality posting you are taking about.

You can write in any thread that interests you, and hopefully your ideas inspire others to want to merit you.  Of course, your complaining might work, too, but I doubt it.

Why not prove to us that I'm wrong and you are right.

I have nothing to prove to you, and you really sound easily distracted with irrelevance, nonsense and perhaps taking some interwebs
 posting matters too personally.

Is this  the kind of Legendary Rank that deserve a merit.

Yes... you sound butt hurt distracted, and you want to focus on me for some reason. Next thing, you are going to want to talk about my avatar and attribute some kind of meaning to that, too?

If you are a newbie today I doubt if you can even reach a Sr. Member.

But I am not, and I am not trying to run any experiment.. so what is your point?  Oh I am advantaged because I already achieved the rank, but for some reason, from your insightful perspective, I don't deserve such rank.  o.k.  That's like your opinion, man.

You can't even defend yourself and prove to me that I'm wrong.

I don't need to defend myself.  If you have some point that you are making then you need to explain your point, and then demonstrate that you are correct with facts and logic.  I don't have any thing to prove, but I can assert that you seem to be distracted with a bunch of irrelevant nonsense talk...

You see, it is because of the money right?  More money in Sig Campaign more greedy people like you.

You are on a tangent.  I don't currently participate in any signature campaign.

Is it not enough that you have more  reward than the newbies and now you don't want the newbies to reach your rank?

I did not create this new system or even know about it before it came.

Or is it because If the newbies get the high rank your income will decrease?

Sounds like newbies such as yourself are more focusing on the money aspects of this matter rather than upper ranked members.

Good luck with your whiney nonsense earning you merits.  Seems that you are going to need a lot of luck and perhaps inspiration (and turning over a new leaf) in the event that you really do want to rank up.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 05:51:58 AM

Quoting is discretionary.
You are missing a point!
Quoting is definitely discretionary, but users or quoters should do it smart and in more-skilled quoting method to keep their threads comfortable, avoid to make their threads really annoying. I hate to say this, but when I found (by chance) threads which were quoted times to times, I did not want to read it. Those annoying threads make me feel really hard to follow the flow of ideas.
Just my opinion, so take it easy, JayJuanGee.

I am not missing the point.  I already understand the various points that you are making, about reader point of view.

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 07:37:18 AM

50 sM being giving away in the following thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3199334.0.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 11:12:42 AM

50 sM being giving away in the following thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3199334.0.

~4 hours later ...

Images of celebs listed in the OP:

codemanX

Activity: 658
Merit: 129

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 11:47:28 AM

Thank you very much for this opportunity Gleb Gamow!
karmicpanther

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 12:05:20 PM

Sounds like newbies such as yourself are more focusing on the money aspects of this matter rather than upper ranked members.

Good luck with your whiney nonsense earning you merits.  Seems that you are going to need a lot of luck and perhaps inspiration (and turning over a new leaf) in the event that you really do want to rank up.
Oh common don't play innocent here. Then if money is not an issue maybe @Theymos can take out the Sig and your butt won't get hurt and you will agree on me right? Don't change the topic dude, you can play the words in here but I smell your greediness even at far.
MagicSmoker

Activity: 420
Merit: 182

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 12:38:11 PM

Oh common don't play innocent here. Then if money is not an issue maybe @Theymos can take out the Sig and your butt won't get hurt and you will agree on me right? Don't change the topic dude, you can play the words in here but I smell your greediness even at far.

You seem to be really confused... neither me nor JayJuanGee are being paid to wear a specific sig yet you keep acting as if we were. To paraphrase Shakespeare, "methinks the newbie doth protest too much."

That said, I can't really tell what point you are trying to make, probably because most of what you write is nonsensical word salad. It's pretty clear you are mad about not getting merits and correctly foresee yourself not getting enough to join sig campaigns and such, but beyond that it only appears you are projecting your goals for joining this forum onto others, and doing so rather haphazardly.

Renegade1979

Activity: 280
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 01:15:20 PM

You need to escape from the crappy bounty prgrammes, and look at the real vista of the emerging crypto world.
there's no vistas anymore, maybe except Gobyte that pays me 4.275 coins a week. It's either MN pre-sale of the coin with 80% to MN / 20% to miners reward that ends up at the exchange listed at the cost of the pre-sale and then the price gets dumped by the MN owners in the day 1 and ofc miners get nothing and the investors mostly get pwned cuz they used to buy 5 times higher and the ROI becomes 2 yrs. Or the dev runs away right after the MN pre-sale and miners get nothing and ofc the investors get pwned as well. Nicehash order guys are considered investors as well. Add to that the twitter bounty is now 2 coins instead of 20 coins like it was in December... and everybody else except whales loses any interest in the sinking crypto world Grin and right after that those whales are pwned by the Physeter macrocephalus guys and they sink as well.
hd49728
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2018, 04:42:33 AM

Yeah. I highly appreciate your generosity and your thread to announce about sMerits give away event for bitcointalk forum users. However, I don't really think that sort of campaign will help to build up better community, better users for the forum, generally. Why? In my point of view, it might be better if we can have events/ contests to motivate users to be more constructive in the forum through their threads and topics. That is also suitable with the original objectives of merit system.
Thanks and take it easy, it is simply  my thoughts.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 04:46:07 AM

Oh common don't play innocent here.

There is no need for me to play innocent, because there is nothing wrong with folks who participate in signature campaigns or want to participate in signature campaigns.  It is part of this forum's culture and dynamics.

Then if money is not an issue maybe @Theymos can take out the Sig and your butt won't get hurt

I could give a ratt's ass if theymos removes signatures or keeps them.  In fact, he can do whichever he wants because it is his forum.

And, by the way, if you had not already noticed, theymos has already decided to keep signature campaigns and to implement this merit system that you are so wrapped up in emotions about. 

and you will agree on me right?

I doubt that I will agree with you because you seem to live in a fantasy land about what is happening and what you wished to happen.  You are in the practice of whining, and not even really good at that either, so it seems.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Don't change the topic dude, you can play the words in here but I smell your greediness even at far.

Yeah, you can smell it because you just make things up, and then you attempt to act as if what you made up is true.  That is called living in a fantasyland.

karmicpanther

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 06:25:35 AM

Don't change the topic dude, you can play the words in here but I smell your greediness even at far.

Yeah, you can smell it because you just make things up, and then you attempt to act as if what you made up is true.  That is called living in a fantasyland.

https://lumiere-a.akamaihd.net/v1/images/image_c1664264.png

I already expect that you won't agree because without Sig Campaign your rank is useless right? and you won't waste your time posting here. Don't use the tradition as if you care about the tradition of this forum. You like the tradition because there are more money pouring in your pocket right? And in Sig Campaign, your fantasy become reality. And the good news is you don't care about Merit because it doesn't affect your fantasy.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 07:00:29 AM

Yeah, you can smell it because you just make things up, and then you attempt to act as if what you made up is true.  That is called living in a fantasyland.

[https://lumiere-a.akamaihd.net/v1/images/image_c1664264.png[/img]

I already expect that you won't agree because without Sig Campaign your rank is useless right?

In your mind rank ONLY has ONE purpose.

Rank is used on a lot of forums besides this one.

and you won't waste your time posting here.

"Here"?  You mean in this thread?  I post in this thread because I have responses to posts regarding the subject matter posted, even other peeps beside your whining lil selfie.

Don't use the tradition as if you care about the tradition of this forum.

O.k.  I won't.  

You like the tradition because there are more money pouring in your pocket right?

I already have a lot of money, and it does not have anything to do with the forum, but it has to do with my choosing to invest in bitcoin, and I had money before bitcoin too.  I just happen to have more money after I took a portion of my other pre-bitcoin money and invested it in bitcoin.  

I am interested in the topic of bitcoin, and therefore, I have been participating in this forum for a bit more than 4 years (soon after I started investing in bitcoin).

And in Sig Campaign, your fantasy become reality.

What the fuck you talking about, you goofball?  Didn't I already tell you that I am not currently part of a signature campaign, and actually I don't plan on re-joining one any time soon.

You really wished that you could join a signature campaign because probably you believe that signature campaigns cause a lot of income... hahahahahaha... NONSENSE...   They don't tend to cause a lot of income unless you are abusing them with multiple accounts or you have no other money and you believe that $100 a month or whatever is a lot of money.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

And the good news is you don't care about Merit because it doesn't affect your fantasy.

Are you attempting to put words in my mouth, nutjob?  

Again, I repeat that if you have some kind point that you would like to make about merit, then attempt to make your overall point with facts and logics rather than getting distracted by thoughts of supposed undeserving higher ranks folks, such as yours truly, when my rank should not matter to the subject matter that we are discussing because I did not create this new merit system, you ill-focused loon.

athanz88

Activity: 476
Merit: 359

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 07:26:06 AM

And i guess you are spending a lot of quality time by replying all this karmicpanther's blab and whine, right JayJuanGee??  Grin Never seen an intense yet funny talks about 1 idiot who wants to prove so much about rank is only needed and used for getting money in signature campaign which he cant get many merits vs merit supporter.

Hello karmicpanther, i guess if you put a lot of your hate energy into making a contribution to this forum, you will have merits and get the rank that you really need for you to grab all that money from signature campaign.
fxstrike

Activity: 238
Merit: 40

First Payment Gateway using GoldBacked cryptocurre

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 08:23:45 AM

-BTC-
And i guess you are spending a lot of quality time by replying all this karmicpanther's blab and whine, right JayJuanGee??  Grin Never seen an intense yet funny talks about 1 idiot who wants to prove so much about rank is only needed and used for getting money in signature campaign which he cant get many merits vs merit supporter.

Hello karmicpanther, i guess if you put a lot of your hate energy into making a contribution to this forum, you will have merits and get the rank that you really need for you to grab all that money from signature campaign.

Not all people who are against the the Merit system are looking for money in signature campaign.

Its just simply unfair system which left lots and lots of people who do really try to produce quality post getting no merit while others who don't contribute anything getting merit for posting nothing more than spammy gossip message about merit.

I said try to produce quality post because not all of us is proficient in english and not all of us is good writer, given that most of those stuck is Newbie they certainly can't write anything about technicalities of BTC

Why would being critical about certain system which clearly failed to be fair should be considered not supporting it, its just false logic

Whatever the rules is people will judge it by how its be fair to everyone, when its leave some group of people will unfairly left behind people will bound to complaint no necessarily because it jeopardize their chance of making money

TheQuin

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2018, 08:28:34 AM

Its just simply unfair system which left lots and lots of people who do really try to produce quality post getting no merit while others who don't contribute anything getting merit for posting nothing more than spammy gossip message about merit.

It isn't just about 'quality'. That's a completely arbitrary measure anyway as everyone has their own opinion as to what constitutes quality. Personally, I think that making a valuable contribution to the forum deserves Merit and that can be achieved in many ways.

The system isn't unfair just because you don't share the same judgement about what deserves Merit as someone else.

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
athanz88

Activity: 476
Merit: 359

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 11:21:59 AM

-BTC-

Not all people who are against the the Merit system are looking for money in signature campaign.

I said try to produce quality post because not all of us is proficient in english and not all of us is good writer, given that most of those stuck is Newbie they certainly can't write anything about technicalities of BTC

Why would being critical about certain system which clearly failed to be fair should be considered not supporting it, its just false logic

Whatever the rules is people will judge it by how its be fair to everyone, when its leave some group of people will unfairly left behind people will bound to complaint no necessarily because it jeopardize their chance of making money

But mostly who whines about merit system are those people who are low ranked and care about merit so they can join signature campaign because they always said " you are legendary/hero rank and you already have a decent amount of money if you join sig campaign that is why you said merit is perfect bla bla bla", and i am pretty sure all the whining newbie is alt-accounts because why the hell they know about some old system and some old member in here.

At least if you produce a quality post, it increases your chance to get merit, and why would you so mad about that? If you really contribute with an intention to contribute, then merit shouldnt the first thing that comes to your mind.

Then why would a system is called "failed system" just because you and others say so? More logic fallacy in that.

World can only try to be a fair place for everyone, it will not be fair for everyone or up to your expectation, so try to accept it and find the best solutions for it, not to take down of it. Even with decentralization platform like bitcoin, all the whales can make a big fortune in a short time by selling a lot of coins when the prices is high enough for them, resulting to mass panic sell and people losing their investment, and you talk about fairness in a forum that is owned by a person?
MagicSmoker

Activity: 420
Merit: 182

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 12:56:51 PM

And in Sig Campaign, your fantasy become reality.

What the fuck you talking about, you goofball?  Didn't I already tell you that I am not currently part of a signature campaign, and actually I don't plan on re-joining one any time soon.

Holy mother of Crisco, this dude is still prattling on as if you were raking in the dough from sig campaigns? Either he suffers from Alien Hand Syndrome or he's a blithering idiot... no bets on which is more likely.

Pages: « 1 ... 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 [192] 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 ... 329 »
  Print  

Jump to: