Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:43:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 [203] 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 ... 329 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit & new rank requirements  (Read 166606 times)
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10148

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 06:14:23 AM

Are the merit sources on vacation?  It seems like there aren't many merits going around these days.  Maybe people are just lazy to give them out or don't really care for the system.  

Could you be a bit more specific in your analysis?  What is your basis and evidence for your assertions?

The analysis of some people like these are :
1. I have good posts/some people in my favorite board have good posts
2. I dont get merit/they dont get merit
3. = Merit sources on vacation or broken system or unfair system
4. Repeat every time

Surely Soke deserves merit, right?  

He has nearly 100 1-liner posts, and half of them have come into creation since the merit system was implemented.  

I don't regret giving Soke a merit in an attempt to encourage him, but surely, the encouragement does not seemed to have created substantive or quality posts or even a "go getter" attitude out of him, which could be helpful to anyone who really is interested in attempting to attract the interest of other members to give them a merit... and yeah, we all know that merits can come from anyone, they do not have to come from merit sources...   Maybe Soke will provide some evidence for his assertion?  

On the other hand, probably I would be waiting for a long time before some kind of meaningful and substantively backed perspective actually comes from him?

I might be looking like this if I were to wait?

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
caytienbct

Activity: 132
Merit: 12

My dream is to be a self-made billionaire

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 06:18:08 AM

The analysis of some people like these are :
1. I have good posts/some people in my favorite board have good posts
2. I dont get merit/they dont get merit
3. = Merit sources on vacation or broken system or unfair system
4. Repeat every time

Simple inference for those cases, they are merit beggars.
I don't deny the fact that they tried composing as good threads as possible (I don't want to fall into discussion on whether their threads are really good ones or not; but most cases, their threas fall further behind good threads).
After publishing each 'good' thread, they watch it again and again, every hours, every day to see whether the thread received merits or not. The approach makes them tired (and me too, if I do it), then they jumped directly to Meta board and started complaining, moaning, crying about merit system, merit sources, drawbacks of the system

Just for fun, and hope that my thread won't make readers feel annoying.
athanz88

Activity: 476
Merit: 359

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 06:45:57 AM

Surely Soke deserves merit, right?  

He has nearly 100 1-liner posts, and half of them have come into creation since the merit system was implemented.  

I don't regret giving Soke a merit in an attempt to encourage him, but surely, the encouragement does not seemed to have created substantive or quality posts or even a "go getter" attitude out of him, which could be helpful to anyone who really is interested in attempting to attract the interest of other members to give them a merit... and yeah, we all know that merits can come from anyone, they do not have to come from merit sources...   Maybe Soke will provide some evidence for his assertion?  

On the other hand, probably I would be waiting for a long time before some kind of meaningful and substantively backed perspective actually comes from him?

I might be looking like this if I were to wait?

I get what you said. Sometimes our action doesnt meet to the purpose, like your encouragement to this man to be better in the future, but that is life, no?, lets hope he realizes it sooner.

No man, if we want to be detailed, even your skull will be gone if you are waiting people like this to give some evidence for his assertion.
OriginTrain

Activity: 406
Merit: 174

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 07:06:44 AM

I think merit should be removed, and default red trusting restored to people like Lauda, ATH, ThePharmacist etc.

There are countless posts made everywhere, especially topics tens of pages long, that are good quality and are not merited. The system of meriting every good quality post is an impossible one.

Rather, once a shitposter is identified, they can have their account permanently flagged as was the case before. I found the former system to be much more effective. Putting EVERYTHING the way it was before will just generally be better for everyone, and still discourage shitposting due to the "one time red flag" nature of things.
tbct_mt2

Activity: 2310
Merit: 835

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2018, 08:18:09 AM

~
There are countless posts made everywhere, especially topics tens of pages long, that are good quality and are not merited. The system of meriting every good quality post is an impossible one.
~
Please give me links to amazing ten-paged threads. I am curious to check them.
In addition, longer threads don't means they have higher quality than shorter threads.
It doesn't make sense.

Merit system will be here, never gone.
God luck with your dream.

.airbet.
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██

▄████▄▄▄██████▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████▀▀▀▀████
██████████████
▀███▀███████▄██
██████████▄███
██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
██████████████
█████▐████████
██████▀███████▀
▄███████████████▄
████████████████
█░██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████░█░███████
████████████████
█████████████████
██████████████░█
████████████████
▀███████████████▀
██▄▄▄
████████▄▄
██████▀▀████▄
██████▄░░████▄
██████████████
████████░░▀███▌
░████████▄▄████
██████████████▌
███░░░█████████
█████████░░░██▀
░░░███████████▀
██████░░░██▀
░░▀▀███▀

6,000+
GAMES
|
WEEKLY
PROMOS
....100%....
1ST DEPOSIT
BONUS
....125%.....
2ND DEPOSIT
BONUS
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██
.PLAY NOW.
athanz88

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 08:40:26 AM

I think merit should be removed, and default red trusting restored to people like Lauda, ATH, ThePharmacist etc.

Rather, once a shitposter is identified, they can have their account permanently flagged as was the case before. I found the former system to be much more effective. Putting EVERYTHING the way it was before will just generally be better for everyone, and still discourage shitposting due to the "one time red flag" nature of things.

ThePharmacist already said that he will review his negative trust based on "shitposter" tag, even theymos stated that giving negative trust based on other's low capabilities on talking english is kinda wrong and you want to against the flow now? If the system is back to the past system, then it would be hard to tag the shitposter because of theymos' statement, but with merit, shitposter can not rank up and they tend to cheat the merit system thus if they are identified cheating, they will be tagged. In my opinion this system is better in discouraging shitposting.
OriginTrain

Activity: 406
Merit: 174

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 10:30:06 AM

ThePharmacist already said that he will review his negative trust based on "shitposter" tag, even theymos stated that giving negative trust based on other's low capabilities on talking english is kinda wrong and you want to against the flow now? If the system is back to the past system, then it would be hard to tag the shitposter because of theymos' statement, but with merit, shitposter can not rank up and they tend to cheat the merit system thus if they are identified cheating, they will be tagged. In my opinion this system is better in discouraging shitposting.

You see, with the old system a lot of the Hero/Legendary accounts now that are bought/sold and are owned by teams of shitposters in sweatshops will never be flagged. The old system flagged them. It's discouraging for a lot of people to put in the effort when you can see a lot of low quality high rank accounts that are obviously bought/sold that never would have gained the free grandfathered merit naturally. If ranking up is going to be this difficult, then let's make it so for everyone.
ogoowinner

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 11:11:18 AM
Last edit: April 11, 2018, 12:46:21 PM by ogoowinner

You see, with the old system a lot of the Hero/Legendary accounts now that are bought/sold and are owned by teams of shitposters in sweatshops will never be flagged. The old system flagged them. It's discouraging for a lot of people to put in the effort when you can see a lot of low quality high rank accounts that are obviously bought/sold that never would have gained the free grandfathered merit naturally. If ranking up is going to be this difficult, then let's make it so for everyone.

Sometimes, some new rules are made to favour some people. I prefer the old system though it has its own flaws. We all know early birds are the luckiest in everything. The newbies and those working their way up have to be more strict. What if this merits are given to people who don't merit it?
btcsmlcmnr

Activity: 546
Merit: 159

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 11:32:40 AM
Merited by TheFuzzStone (1)

~
Sometimes, some new rules are made to favour some people. I prefer the old system though it has its own flaws. We are know early birds are the luckiest in everything. The newbies and those working their way up have to be more strict. What if this merits are given to people and don't merit it?
Which reason make you like the old system? Is it due to the old system give you easier way to rank up? Doing simple stuffs like posting shits, one-lined threads from time to time, and automatically be ranked up when satisfy ranking requirements related to activity count.
I don't see any reason to support old ranking system.
athanz88

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 11:37:42 AM
Merited by TMAN (2)

Can you two guys understand that Theymos himself stated that giving negative trust based on people capabilities on talking/writing english is a bad move and he doesnt want it?? Do you know that even ThePharmacist excluded from DT members because of too many "shitposter tags" he had given to people?? I am grateful he is on DT again because he can tag people again, but this time he will make sure it is the cheaters and other abusers.

Last time i checked account buying and selling still can get you a negative trust in this system. Still, account buyer wont get much later if there is other change in the system, like minimal merit requirement in campaign (i have seen some with this requirement to join a campaign), and a lot of adjustment can happen in the future.

Just embrace the system, you can not change the system but you can change yourself, your choice, and usually people who whines a lot just want to get a lot of fortune without doing things.
ilcapitano

Activity: 462
Merit: 14

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 12:22:34 PM

~
minimal merit requirement in campaign (i have seen some with this requirement to join a campaign), and a lot of adjustment can happen in the future.
~
I love the idea because it will prevent scammers to join and get money. In fact, most high-paid campaigns, especially campaigns pay its rewards in bitcoin require minimum merit points to join.
I hope that in the future, more campaigns will do it.

Spammers, who fortunately ranked up and stayed at high-ranked levels in the forum will not have chances to join campaign and earn money as the original and ultimate objectives of merit system aim at.

★★★ BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer |BTC & BCH| FAST MIX | API | PGP PROOF | ESCROW ★★★
★ Tor and Clearnet mirrors | Payouts Every 60 seconds | Cheap 2% Service Fee | The Most Advanced Mixer | Discuss More
Duallimit

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 02:11:51 AM

It will change nothing, except price of merit at black market. And you will se more shit threads and "gimme gimme one, pleaaasee". And suffer from this will be not scammers, but newcomers. Newbies will simply leave the forum to such projects as bountyhive, etc. Or will buy merites for money, so nothing will change.
InvoKing
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1065

✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2018, 02:21:24 AM

It will change nothing, except price of merit at black market. And you will se more shit threads and "gimme gimme one, pleaaasee".

Don't worry, buying and trading merit will not be possible in the near future. Most users will run out completely from merit in the next few months and only sources will be able to send it.
People sending more than 10 smerit to their folks for posts containing "hohoho i am a stupid illiterate spammer" are not trustworthy and should receive a negative trust even that theymos isn't totally agree with it...

PSPD:law and order enforcement!
Press Section Police Department!
captain8

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 08:09:11 AM

I was literally a week away from becoming a Full Member before this ranking merit change!

Not too sure im keen on when pressing the +merit button it takes you away from the current page!

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Deena

Activity: 238
Merit: 49

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 08:29:42 AM
Last edit: April 12, 2018, 08:42:26 AM by Deena

It's stupid really. The merit system does not take away the need for newbies to create post quantity. It only adds a presumed post quality factor. So you now get newbies posting for quantity on the one side and posting for quality on the other. The same type of low quality posting is still going on. The merit system didn't solve anything. I only made a few Legendary members happy because they see stake competition obstructed.
Talk merit

Activity: 244
Merit: 17

Register for Fit to Talk through me

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2018, 08:31:36 AM

The new merit system has two important benefits for Bitcoin Talk. The obvious one is the barrier that it creates to reduce the ability of spammers and low value posters to move up the ranks. The other benefit is that it has started to highlight some of the cheaters and members with low standards of morality.  I believe it is a useful enhancement for the forum, and we should embrace it, and do our best to let it continue the good work.

The Talk Merit projects
 - Jet Cash has set up a number of projects for Bitcoin Talk members Click here to see the list.
codemanX

Activity: 658
Merit: 129

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 08:38:08 AM

I love that Merit prevents such people from rank up, just writing nearly the same senseless posts on many Topics: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1983310;sa=showPosts
athanz88

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 08:43:23 AM

It's stupid really. The merit system does not take away the need for newbies to create post quantity. It only adds a presumed post quality. So you now get newbies posting for quantity on the one side and posting for quality on the other. The same type of low quality posting is still going on. The merit system didn't solve anything. I only made a few Legendary members happy because they see stake competition obstructed.

Well not only legendary member, i am happy too because all the cheaters in sig or bounty (even though i did not join bounty) slowed down to reach higher rank. This system is suitable for people who only focus to one account now, unless they already have a lot of high rank account before, but even though they have a lot of it, i think there will be many adjustment in sig or bounty requirement in the future regarding merit, like, minimal merit required to join sig or bounty, not only ranks. They will be forced to up their game too, or if they cheat, it will be easily spotted.

Usually people who whines a lot are :
1. Dont believe in theirself they can get merit.
2. People who are new and want to farm account.
3. People who just want easy money from sig and bounty even though the job is already an easy one (come on, posting is not a hard task, please)
RivAngE

Activity: 728
Merit: 169

What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 09:54:59 AM

It's stupid really. The merit system does not take away the need for newbies to create post quantity. It only adds a presumed post quality. So you now get newbies posting for quantity on the one side and posting for quality on the other. The same type of low quality posting is still going on. The merit system didn't solve anything. I only made a few Legendary members happy because they see stake competition obstructed.

Well not only legendary member, i am happy too because all the cheaters in sig or bounty (even though i did not join bounty) slowed down to reach higher rank. This system is suitable for people who only focus to one account now, unless they already have a lot of high rank account before, but even though they have a lot of it, i think there will be many adjustment in sig or bounty requirement in the future regarding merit, like, minimal merit required to join sig or bounty, not only ranks. They will be forced to up their game too, or if they cheat, it will be easily spotted.

Usually people who whines a lot are :
1. Dont believe in theirself they can get merit.
2. People who are new and want to farm account.
3. People who just want easy money from sig and bounty even though the job is already an easy one (come on, posting is not a hard task, please)

4. People who feel the unfairness of having limitations because you were a reader with no account for 6 months and an active member for 5 months, yet spammers who made accounts earlier and people who buy merits seem to be above us and can freely farm signature campaigns.

PS: Was that too specific to my situation? Grin
TheQuin

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2018, 10:20:10 AM

4. People who feel the unfairness of having limitations because you were a reader with no account for 6 months and an active member for 5 months, yet spammers who made accounts earlier and people who buy merits seem to be above us and can freely farm signature campaigns.

PS: Was that too specific to my situation? Grin

So you feel unfairness because you arrived too late?

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Pages: « 1 ... 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 [203] 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 ... 329 »
  Print  

Jump to: