Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:37:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2013-08-26: Congrats! You are now part of the Start-Up Chile network  (Read 1021 times)
giszmo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2013, 01:38:53 AM

Coin4ce was accepted by the Chilean incubator Start-Up Chile:

Coin4ce: Chile – Coin4ce is a Bitcoin company building next-generation wallet solutions that overcome the biggest challenges faced by Bitcoin users globally — issues such as volatility management and convenient high-security storage. Using Coin4ce’s tools, Bitcoin users worldwide can manage price fluctuation, and conveniently access their Bitcoins without compromising security.

http://startupchile.org/congrats-you-are-now-part-of-the-start-up-chile-network/

Start-Up Chile is an English incubator designed to attract international start-ups run by CORFO, a governmental organization that was founded in 1939. The big goal is to build a one billion dollar company by 2015. To achieve this, every hundreds of start-ups are granted $40,000.

To my knowledge a 70 years old governmental organisation giving $40k to develop some cool bitcoin company is the farthest Bitcoin ever got in terms of governmental endorsement Wink

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Elions

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2013, 03:24:46 AM

It's certainely a good thing, I just hope that they keep the support up unlike the other hundreds of projects they help for a year and then drop because they didn't work the first run...

As someone from Chile though, I feel good knowing there's more interest in Bitcoin Tongue
giszmo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2013, 03:29:32 AM

It's certainely a good thing, I just hope that they keep the support up unlike the other hundreds of projects they help for a year and then drop because they didn't work the first run...

As someone from Chile though, I feel good knowing there's more interest in Bitcoin Tongue

Uh, what are you talking about? SUP is a program that gives you 40k over a span of 6 months little strings attached. They help you get known by VCs and you get to know tons of cool people from other startups. I won SUP before with a team myself and can't complain at all. I know many that are here since years now with support from other incubators. What do you expect? That they continue pumping money into startups until they succeed no matter what? I would say SUP already supports too many startups that have no chance in the world becoming a billion dollar company.

Edit: I know some Chileans see SUP as a waste of money and I hope SUP will succeed to proof undeniable return on investment with some gem they helped to become the billion dollar company but personally I doubt that the money is wasted even if there is no such company that pays taxes exceeding the volume put into SUP companies as many things just start happening that wouldn't happen if not for SUP entrepreneurs doing them in Chile instead of their countries of origin.

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
Elions

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2013, 03:34:16 AM

My bad, I just read quickly on the matter and thought this was a different kind of assistance program (tends to happen unfortunately when you're working on several things at once).

EDIT: I figured it was one of the "assistance" things that the government's been trying to push lately. Some of them aren't precisely very reliable. I'm not one of those that doubt SUP necesarily
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: