Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 02:18:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will BTC end like .com bubble?  (Read 381 times)
penig

Activity: 266
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 07:00:58 AM
Merited by Pearls Before Swine (1)

Sorry to break it to the altcoiners and blockchain tech purists, but if a cryptocurrency cannot or is not designed to hold purchasing value that incrementally increases over time, then people just won't buy and hold it. Period. There would be no incentive to hold it long term.

They won't even buy it as needed for e-commerce purposes, because most people will just use their existing fiat-based payment systems that work, because no hassle and no overhead.

And what cryptocurrency is best designed and architected to hold value over time? Bitcoin.

If all cryptocurrencies got wiped out one day (btw not gonna happen), then what would they start over with? Again, Bitcoin.
How about holding because a coin has utility, addresses real problems?  Long term the coins, the blockchains that solve problems other than simply having value will be the most successful.  

Bitcoin certainly is not the best design, its very good for a store of value but flawed in meeting the original objectives and if you started over today with what we know, you'd have one of its children.

The killer app for Google was first the clean simple UI, second a better search engine.  Simplicity and superior function.  Which coin has these key attributes I'm not quite sure, I have an idea, or its possibly one as yet unseen.  
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
realr0ach

Activity: 924
Merit: 311

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 07:55:20 AM

The Google of crypto is about to debut

It will scale to do billions of small transactions a day, it will be instant in speed and it will cost nothing for merchants to use.

Merchant acceptance will drive it and consumers join it to get merchant deals only available for the coin.

I've seen a couple of projects proposing it, it's being done with VC dough.

100 Billion budgets

It doesn't use blockchain nor public ledgers

It will bypass the crap coin exchanges

It's value is 1 to 1 to the USD

It will strike like lightning and destroy all existing crypto

Nobody wants your garbage, debt based, Jewish paper notes.  The only real daily driver money is silver, and then gold for settlement.  You can take your cuckchain and Jew scams and go to hell.
andrei56

Activity: 840
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 02:04:41 AM

Im not staying in a market thats going to lost 90% of its value and then bounce back in 10 years. Im going to use that money on other investments and then get back in at the bottom.
Well, this is the beauty of it if you can time it right then you will make a fortune, but I'm not confident on my skills to do that, that is why I'm picking only the coins that are the best, that is why most of my money is in bitcoin, even if the market crashes I know bitcoin will still be strong bad coins will disappear but the ones that are any good will keep most of the market and eventually will become part of our everyday lives.
djpitagora

Activity: 252
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 11:46:27 AM

I am personally a believer in the blockchain technology however will the currency aspect of the tech hold value and become the new way of transacting into the future or will it eventually bust like the .com bubble did? Any educated opinions welcomed.

I'm definitely a believer in blockchain technology. I think the entire system and layout of it brings organization and optimization to many tasks of today. I also, however, do like to compare the crypto markets to the .com boom often. I see it like this:

In the 1990's and 2000's people were throwing money at companies and telling them to become as big as Microsoft or Apple. Of course, not every company can perform to this level, so they would end up failing and a burst started. Similarly, people have been throwing their investments into coins that they may not even know enough about. I wouldn't be surprised if some of these coins end up as busts, just as the .com boom ended up. History does repeat itself to an extent.

I definitely believe that there are certain coins that have what it takes to survive and that the originality that they bring to the markets is key. We'll see where the technology goes; I doubt EVERY coin is going to survive.

yes, some if not most coins will die. However just like in the .com bubble, the surviving ones will take 1 90% haircut before starting to grow again. We might not see these valuations for 10-20 years again (in the case of the stockmarket it was 10 years)
faatipoke

Activity: 321
Merit: 100

Token That Will Transform The Venture Capital Mark

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 02:39:27 PM

Dotcom buble did not end. A correction came out and prices started increasing again. Look at amazon or apple charts. They decreased when dotcom bubble exploded, but they are now far more valuable than that day.
We should all agree that 20 thousand US dollars was really high and was a real bubble for bitcoin, none of the experienced users would buy bitcoin at that price. This correction was inevitable and necessary. I think we have more way to increase

gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 03:38:02 PM

Im not staying in a market thats going to lost 90% of its value and then bounce back in 10 years. Im going to use that money on other investments and then get back in at the bottom.
Well, this is the beauty of it if you can time it right then you will make a fortune, but I'm not confident on my skills to do that, that is why I'm picking only the coins that are the best, that is why most of my money is in bitcoin, even if the market crashes I know bitcoin will still be strong bad coins will disappear but the ones that are any good will keep most of the market and eventually will become part of our everyday lives.

If only its that simple dude. Get out when you seem to be on top, try other investments, then get back at the bottom. Everyone would be rich then. But movement in crypto isn't really that predictable to begin with so even experienced traders often get stuck and are left with holding as the best option.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
Carlsen

Activity: 910
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 04:00:48 PM

Dotcom buble did not end. A correction came out and prices started increasing again. Look at amazon or apple charts. They decreased when dotcom bubble exploded, but they are now far more valuable than that day.
We should all agree that 20 thousand US dollars was really high and was a real bubble for bitcoin, none of the experienced users would buy bitcoin at that price. This correction was inevitable and necessary. I think we have more way to increase
I think that exactly here we will see paralles between the .com bubble and crypto currencies.
The world does not need a few hundred different crypto currencies. Maybe ten will survive, but that will be strong ones!
And I am very optimistic that bitcoin will be one of them.

It's me!!!
imapessimist

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 04:08:46 PM

I think it will crash very low then it might creep up again.  I don't know what is holding it up now.  I sometimes wonder if these figures for exchange  we are given are always a true picture.  How hard would it be just to make them up?
campica

Activity: 645
Merit: 145

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 04:16:01 PM

I don't think that bitcoin will end like .com bubble , because many people using it for getting profit from him . Some government try to stop that but the market are too big for stop it. I expect that bitcoin will stay with us in the future because it's pretty good "thing" for change today paper money into virtual money.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 06:41:37 PM

If you check the valuation of the tech stocks in 2000 and compare them with today's prices, then it can be seen that a large number of them survived the bubble and increased their value. For example, the market capitalization of Apple is 40 times higher now than it was in 2000.
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 07:37:05 PM

I think it will crash very low then it might creep up again.  I don't know what is holding it up now.  I sometimes wonder if these figures for exchange  we are given are always a true picture.  How hard would it be just to make them up?
Exchanges could manipulate the price if they so wish, but the main thing is that as long as the market is willing to pay that/'their' price, things go as they go. If no one is willing to pay for it, people just sell or don't buy.

It's a market based on supply and demand. If at some point we reach a price that people don't think is worth buying at, the market will either stagnate for a while, or more likely go down till people start buying again.

In current situation it is clear that people are comfortable buying any price under the $10,000 mark, and if the market remains holding its position, we might see an attempted $11,000 visit somewhere next week.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
ngavanngo22

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 09:37:52 PM

I assert once again that Bitcoin is not a bubble. Bitcoin exchange rates have fallen sharply recently as sources have said that cryptocurrencies will be banned in all countries and USDT is at risk of disappearing altogether. But now the news has gone and the market now is recovering fast!

aardvark15

Activity: 994
Merit: 510

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 10:01:16 PM

I am personally a believer in the blockchain technology however will the currency aspect of the tech hold value and become the new way of transacting into the future or will it eventually bust like the .com bubble did? Any educated opinions welcomed.

Prices of Bitcoin and altcoins were overvalued because of all the money that has poured into the market over the past year. This combined with a bunch of bad news reports over the past few weeks caused the crash. But crashes, corrections, and consolidations are all part of open markets like the stock market as well. They will happen from time to time and it doesn’t mean that these new technologies will fail.
sjefdeklerk

Activity: 154
Merit: 8

SODL

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 10:49:58 PM

This will be worse. The dotcom bubble didn't end that bad, quite a few companies survived. I don't expect any blockchain coin to survive, the technology doesn't scale so it's just worthless as payment system. Off chain solutions like LN are severely flawed too so this won't help.
andrei56

Activity: 840
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 02:39:21 AM

If only its that simple dude. Get out when you seem to be on top, try other investments, then get back at the bottom. Everyone would be rich then. But movement in crypto isn't really that predictable to begin with so even experienced traders often get stuck and are left with holding as the best option.
That was my point actually, I'm not confident I will be able to to be able to predict the market accurately and so I'm just a holder and as a holder I cannot invest in useless coins, I try to invest in only the best projects, if you follow that formula and hold for a long time you can make a significant amount of money, but it is not something all the people want to do since it takes time and they want profits now but that attitude most of the time leads to losses instead of profits.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: