Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 01:33:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lightning network, reduction in commision costs?  (Read 197 times)
2drive (OP)

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

The world is flat...

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:46:03 PM

Hello all,
We have a large project on which there are a lot of transactions in eth, and accordingly we lose the gas commission on each transaction.
The bottom line is that the customer wants to use our service, and for every smart contract reaction we pay a commission.
Now we are thinking about the possibility of using the Lightning Network in our industry.
What do you think? This technology can help us reduce commission costs?

---- Where is my money ppl!? ----
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Anti-Cen

Activity: 210
Merit: 26

High fees = low BTC price

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 12:21:32 AM

Lightning has it's own version of "gas" and I am sure the Tx fees and interest charge will start off small but they will soon rise because the miners that think
it was OK to ramp transactions fees up to $55 are running the major lightning hubs.

ETH was faced with a similar problem due to Crypto-Kittles but they didn't solve it by being silly with the price of gas

would having all your customers send you bit coins really fit in with your plan because to be paying gas you must be
doing more than just taking payments

Mining is CPU-wars and Intel, AMD like it nearly as much as big oil likes miners wasting electricity. Is this what mankind has come too.
cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4032
Merit: 1301

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 12:54:05 AM

Hello all,
We have a large project on which there are a lot of transactions in eth, and accordingly we lose the gas commission on each transaction.
The bottom line is that the customer wants to use our service, and for every smart contract reaction we pay a commission.
Now we are thinking about the possibility of using the Lightning Network in our industry.
What do you think? This technology can help us reduce commission costs?

Yes.  Lightning costs are low and likely to remain so given how it operates.
Heisenberg_Hunter
Legendary

Activity: 1583
Merit: 1276

Heisenberg Design Services

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 08:50:49 AM

If you have a large number of customers then you can definitely go for Raiden Network or Plasma as you only spend a small amount for fees rather than spending for each and every transaction. Moreover RN/Plasma allows you for fast, scalable, off chain and very low fee transactions which is too good for people like you as you do lots of transactions.
Raiden/Plasma is more superior to Lightning as it supports all the ERC tokens and smart contracts whereas Lightning supports only btc. These are great solutions for ethereum which has been facing a backlash due to sudden increase in miner fees and this could help the currency reach great heights.
I think you should have posted this topic in altcoin discussion as you have been discussing about eth and it's fees here. (correct me if I am wrong)  Tongue
2drive (OP)

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

The world is flat...

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 01:03:39 PM

If you have a large number of customers then you can definitely go for Raiden Network or Plasma as you only spend a small amount for fees rather than spending for each and every transaction. Moreover RN/Plasma allows you for fast, scalable, off chain and very low fee transactions which is too good for people like you as you do lots of transactions.
Raiden/Plasma is more superior to Lightning as it supports all the ERC tokens and smart contracts whereas Lightning supports only btc. These are great solutions for ethereum which has been facing a backlash due to sudden increase in miner fees and this could help the currency reach great heights.
I think you should have posted this topic in altcoin discussion as you have been discussing about eth and it's fees here. (correct me if I am wrong)  Tongue

We speaks about Lightning Network that work on BTC))))) Because is it here) Thanks for the advice, we will try to analyze this solutions.

---- Where is my money ppl!? ----
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: