Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 07:34:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is crypto mining profitable?  (Read 388 times)
drabe (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:55:18 AM

What would be the best setup to get started? I just wanted to know from anyone that has experience in this area.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Truna

Activity: 119

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:04:00 AM

No, bitcoin is not profitable in many countries like ( India )until you get some subsidies from government.
SteinsGate

Activity: 98
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:51:39 AM

Based on how I have read information regarding crypto currency mining, you need to invest for high end units to mine crypto. You have to risk investing to get high mining rate and then recover what capital you had used for your setup.

▮█    KRYLL    ▮█
AUTOMATED CRYPTO TRADING STRATEGIES MADE SIMPLE
Token sale start on Feb 7, 2018 (https://kryll.io/)
UAE Seasider

Activity: 700
Merit: 110

Helios Protocol https://discord.gg/cpzAEMB

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:56:47 AM

I think you will find the Bitcoin mining sector is already heavily saturated by some very large players, much better to start off trying to mine some of the altcoins where you will probably get a better cost per time and electricity consumed.

HELIOS PROTOCOL ★ ✅[DAG]✅[BLOCKCHAIN]✅[PoS]✅[Masternodes] ✈✈✈[weekly Airdrop][join our discord to qualify]✈✈✈
 ▬▬  Mainnet Launched  |  Parallel Blockchain  ▬▬ 
 ▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ Website  |  Github  |  Bitcointalk  |  Bounties  |Discord  |  telegram▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐
Dexion

Activity: 812
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:01:50 AM

if you can to manage it and you understand the mining strategy, then you will benefit greatly, especially if you have mining tools that support, the better the miner tool, the greater your income. even from some interviews with miners, his earnings reached $ 20,000 in a month. but if you are a beginner, then you better learn first about mining, then start with small mining.

tahmad

Activity: 252
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:02:13 AM

It's profitable if you have good calculation about your rigs and the coin you are mine.
But, if you want to mining bitcoin, I think it's not profitable, because it have big diff.
AleksNewman

Activity: 140

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:07:06 AM

What would be the best setup to get started? I just wanted to know from anyone that has experience in this area.
The short answer would be “It depends on how much you’re willing to spend”. Each person asking himself this will get a slightly different answer since Bitcoin Mining profitability depends on many different factors.
Eternu

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:20:58 AM

Mining bitcoin this days doesn't pay of unless you have really expensive rig, and all that is because difficulty is so high for mining bitcoin. But on the other hand mining altcoins could be profitable, if you chose good coin.
As far as rig is concerned, it all depends on how much money you have or are willing to spend. You can go and buy some ASIC miners (which i never used before), they are good from what i know but really expensive, at least from my point of view. On the other hand you can go for GPU mining, which could be cheaper and it could provide some earnings. To find out more about this topic, go to mining thread and you will find everything you need to know there. Hope this helped a bit.
Haunebu

Activity: 3038
Merit: 969

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:21:52 AM

I feel that this is a bad time to get into the mining aspect of crypto. Several years back, mining crypto was the primary way to earn coins and huge profits on a regular basis thanks to the low difficulty and less competition giving you more prospects of earning many coins, but the game has changed since then. The introduction of the ASIC miners has changed the game completely when it comes to bitcoin and several popular altcoin mining prospects. You need to do a lot of research(Electricity cost, initial setup cost etc) and decide which coin you wish to mine and see if it is profitable for you or not. Research is the key here.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
ljtronics1

Activity: 66

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:24:01 AM

No, buying Bitcoin is always cheaper if you understand what execution risk is. If not, google it.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:36:19 AM

try googling "mining calculator". tools such as this one: https://www.coinwarz.com/cryptocurrency are helpful with determining how much you are capable of earning through mining different cryptocurrencies.

the bottom line is, there is an initial investment for buying equipment (either ASIC or even simply GPUs and all the rest required such as motherboard, risers, power supply,...) and then there is the question of cost of the operation which is practically the electricity cost. and the cooling of it all which you may have trouble with if you are living in a hot area and it can cost more electricity.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
dimastegar

Activity: 798
Merit: 251

Small Trader

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:49:10 AM

For the short term, maybe the capital spent to buy mining tools still can not be covered. But for the long term, I believe the capital used to buy mining tools will be covered and we will benefit from mining.

██████████████████
            █████  █████  █████  █████
         ███████████████████████████████
       ████  ████████████████████████  ███
      ██████████████████████████████████████
     ██  ████████████████████████████████████
    ████████████████████████████     █████  ██
   █████████████████████████████ ▐█▌ ██████████
  ███  █████████████████▌     ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
  ██████████████████████▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████  ██
  ███████████████      █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████████
  ██  ███████████  ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████████
  ███████████████  ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████  ██
  █████████        ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
   ██  █████████████████▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
    ██████████████        ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████  █
     ███████████████████████████ ▐█▌ ████████
      ██  ███████████████        ▐█▌ ███  ██
       ███████████████████████████████████
         ████  ████████████████████  ███
            ██████  ████  ████  ██████
                ██████████████████

IDEX
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

Start Trading Instantly
  BOUNTY
  Telegram
Markzuckertion

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

BITDEPOSITARY - Make ICO's , More Secure

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:02:14 AM

But you need to know how to do it in the right way. Cryptocurrency mining is profitable but you should concern on hash power. You need high spec of mining tools to gain bigger coin.

armansolis593

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:05:44 AM

What would be the best setup to get started?

Depending on what kind of crypto currency are you going to mine. If you want to mine bitcoin then you will need to have a huge amount of capital for the ASIC equipment and also for the monthly electric bill which cost a lot.

If you were to mine altcoin then i would suggest to you that you mine monero, ethereum and most coins who in the top 10 of coinmarketcap. They are much more easy to mine compared to bitcoin and the cost for mining rig will also be lesser.

Profit varies on what coin you choose to mine and the amount of money you will release as a capital.
Haley craft

Activity: 196

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:08:36 AM

In my opinion, digging BTC and other altcoins now may not be a good choice.
Because there are some southeast Asian countries have begun to limit mining such as started digging BTC and altcoin,Begin to digging needs to pay a certain cost to purchase these robot, and when you gain profits could's already half a year later.
Take an example: one of my friends took part in last year's mining BTC, in two months before he issued a sigh with emotion, if last  buy altcoin or ICO investment mining machine, so now returns may be ten times or more.

Enkel

Activity: 122
Merit: 20

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:09:13 AM

I quess that's profitable but not with every crypto, I know that some dash miners are disappointed, the equipment's price was so high, but mining is not profitable for today. Perhaps with the time it will change but now the it is paid off very slowly
StochasticOrder

Activity: 63
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:14:22 AM

The rate of return will be significantly higher for most people if they flat out invest and purchase crypto instead of mining. A very select few can make it worth it due to their equipment, location, and expertise. However, the average person would need months to make their rigs profitable, and in those months of time BTC, ETH, etc will likely be up by at the very least double digits.
legenduim

Activity: 588

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 03:11:31 PM

For those who have mining equipment already it can be profitable. If you do not have it you will have great expences before you start to get profit.
zolfa

Activity: 518
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 03:16:09 PM

owh .very profitable, do you know that there miners capable of generating advantage $ 25000 in one month? but I see mining only suitable for income long term. and for income short-term may trading better.
mahboob123

Activity: 723

http://www.fintropy.io/

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2018, 02:38:05 PM

crypto mining is more profitable and earn more and and more bitcoins

gune68gune

Activity: 181

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 02:54:07 PM

I've heard it, that mine bitcoin or altcoin is beneficial. If you intend to mine it, you have to set up the hardware, and it costs a lot. Then you should be prepared also with high electricity bills.
bgator76

Activity: 26

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 03:03:05 PM

BTC mining isn't profitable for the average person.  Personally, I'm fascinated by the possibility of getting into speculative mining of new coins that have just been released.  It combines some elements of mining with some research and gambling aspects of alt coin investing.  Follow @notsofast on twitter and start digging in deeper from there.
juiceannabel

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 05:17:15 PM

Yes, it is profitable. Mining in cryptocurrency means you process the transaction and verify it, so you are get pay to do that job.
if you have an advance tool of mining, you can gain more profit, but the tool is expensive.
vitalife555

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2018, 05:17:45 PM

Bitcoin is a great achievement of the genius of people, its product of global community and peace, the agreement to do it together, to live as one single whole humanity on the planet Earth
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2954
Merit: 598

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 05:19:32 PM

I've heard it, that mine bitcoin or altcoin is beneficial.
For bitcoin? not anymore if you can't invest tons of money on it for buying antminers. But for altcoin its better to mine that than altcoin.
If you intend to mine it, you have to set up the hardware, and it costs a lot. Then you should be prepared also with high electricity bills.
Yep it costs a lot and that's what the miners are concerned of with the cost of electricity but I've seen miners who are also investing in solar panels which is a good long term investment too.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
vitalife555

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2018, 05:20:36 PM

Each of us is very happy that bitcoin has appeared in our life and with it a crypto world, a new world which from the vertex rapidly enters the real, the invisible becomes visible
vitalife555

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2018, 05:21:45 PM

bitcoin is able to solve hunger problems in African countries
vitalife555

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2018, 05:28:57 PM

With friends we are already waiting for the beginning of the cycle of growth bitcoin after 72 (80) days of bearish spring will come, in Japan sakura will spread and bitcoin will spread out.
 My multi language group about bitcoin and action coin where I'm helping by prediction.
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/actioncoin.ua/
YuriyBorisov

Activity: 14

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 05:34:25 PM

Cryptoproduction is favorable, however now indicators small if to consider ICQ of s9 which maynit Bitcoin Cash in day it turns out to earn about $10 from one device, so a payback period of nearly 2 years. Another matter if not to remove the got profit, and to invest in cryptocurrencies which will grow up then, will be good profit. For this purpose time and patience is necessary!
GeorgiyBilyk

Activity: 378

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 05:34:31 PM

I have a friend now, but I have not earned much money! It seems to me too late to begin to mine! It used to be interesting, but now there are big pools! Of course the question is: how much money? If there is a lot of money, then you can make your own pool!))) at my friend, at an investment of 20000 $ a month, earns about 1000 $! too long it all pays off!

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
bit-freedom

Activity: 658
Merit: 256

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 05:43:10 PM

Crypto mining can be profitable if you have access to cheap electricity. Check out mining profit calculator to determine whether it is profitable for you.

You can read more about equipment set up in the mining section of this forum.
sumangs

Activity: 644

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 05:49:01 PM

It is still profitable today in some countries that has a cheap electric bill. There are some countries that has expensive electricity bill and it is hard to get ROI. Better use some renewable electricity to mine bitcoin but still needs a great capital to have renewable power.
alekseidanilov0803

Activity: 84

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 06:05:42 AM

You can also accumulate crypto-currencies for the future. Given the rapid growth, there is a good chance that the couple will be arranged for the year. In this case, you can get the crypto currency without breaking away from the main activity. You can be anywhere in the world ..
Cryptoipad

Activity: 260

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 06:17:50 AM

This crypto currencies are growth in btc.the mining profitable including digital currency system.the mining process of crypto Each person asking himself this will get a slightly different answer since Bitcoin Mining profitability depends on many different factors. In order to find out Bitcoin mining profitability for different factors mining profitability calculators were invented.the investment should be crypto mining on share market profitable business from btc.Today Bitcoin miners those super powerful computers talked about in the system come with different rates in mining profit.

asus09

Activity: 1344
Merit: 270

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 06:43:28 AM

Until now bitcoin mining is still there, and I think it's very profitable. if not, maybe the current miners are few. I thought you could try it in the yarn mine. there are many things you can discuss.

Gamdom
15%.
CASHBACK
FOR THE FIRST
7 DAYS
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
█████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
▄██████████████████████████████▄
████████████████████████████████
█████▀▀████████▀▀████████▀▀█████    ▄▄▄▄
███ ▀▄▄▀ ████ ▀▄▄▀ ████ ▀▄▄▀ ███   ██████
████▀  ▀██████▀  ▀██████▀  ▀████   ▀████▀
████▄  ▄██████▄  ▄██████▄  ▄████     ██
████████████████████████████████     ██
████████████████████████████████     ██
██████████████████████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ██████████████████████
     ██████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
HIGH QUALITY CASINO
WITH MULTIPLE GAMES
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
PLAY
██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
AlexAtom

Activity: 560

YOUC - www.youengine.io

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 07:47:26 AM

You can search the 'mining' sections in the forum.
There are many informations about mining there.
but one sure thing is, mining cryptocurrency still have profits. i am currently mining some altcoins.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
bitcoinstress

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2018, 07:50:00 AM

For now i can said mining would be profitable later because in last a couple month the price keeping down so there is a big chance for us seeing first big bubble in this year.

BitcoinFotw

Activity: 103

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 02:12:22 PM

In some cases it is,a lot of early crypto owners earned it by mining but for now it's not so easy anymore as the hardware costs more but you can always try it.
bobrova

Activity: 84
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 02:21:13 PM

There are a lot of factors involved in determining whether bitcoin mining will be profitable or not. Most important factor is electricity. In my country, electricity is quite cheap and thus I was thinking to start mining myself. However, when I started reading about how to do the set up, I realized that maintenance can be a tricky job for a person like me. I do not even have much time left regular job to read detailed tutorials related to setup and maintenance. Seeing these problems, I finally dropped the idea for some time.
BelieveInBTC

Activity: 280
Merit: 15

BookiePro.Fun - The World's Betting Exchange

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 02:37:18 PM

Mining cryptocurrencies is still really profitable but you have to have free or cheap electricity. Otherwise it might take a few long months for you to get the money you investment in hardware back. Keep in mind that mining rigs generate a lot of heat. GPU ones are cheaper, cooler and more quiet but they are not as profitable as ASIC miners which are computers designed especially for mining with one specific algorithm. That's why they can't be used for anything else.

Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: