Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 10:40:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: On November 5th a TRULY FREE blockchain was released  (Read 89 times)
andrarchy (OP)

Activity: 20
Merit: 3

View Profile
November 22, 2022, 07:53:55 PM

While people were being distracted, once again, by the failure of a centralized solution, a totally new blockchain was successfully launched on the auspicious date of November the 5th; Koinos. This blockchain was built by us, Koinos Group, one of the most experienced teams in crypto.

Koinos is designed to spread blockchain to the masses by delivering a truly FREE-TO-USE and truly decentralized general purpose blockchain.

Closed, opaque, and centralized solutions leverage their secrecy and power to extract wealth from the people and then socialize their losses when they inevitably collapse. We built Koinos because we believe that the centralized socio-economic system is broken and that it needs to be more open, transparent, and decentralized. We know that the system won’t just change willingly. That it must be pushed into the future and in order to do that, to exert that level of pressure, what we need is a really big LEVER. As Archimedes said,

“Give me a lever long enough … and I shall move the world.”

Koinos is the longest lever we could imagine, built to move the world in a more open, transparent, and decentralized direction. While we have been inspired by Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Anonymous, we are not Satoshi Nakamoto and we are not Anonymous, we are Koinos Group.

Making Magic

The blockchain architects and co-founders of Koinos Group (Michael, Steve and Nathan) deserve immense credit for this incredible feat. These three people didn’t just build an entirely new general purpose main net, they first built an entirely new blockchain framework, from scratch, which is far easier to use and far more open than any other framework. That is nothing short of magic.

Thank You

In our journey to main net we had incredible help from Theoretical, Roamin, Julian, Engrave, Luke, Kui, too many people to list. Everyone building on Koinos is helping make it into the blockchain that will ultimately scale to the masses.

We also couldn’t have done this without the support of our amazing community, friends, family, and spouses. We thank everyone for their support.

Watch the launch:

https://youtu.be/erKB8K4orqY

To learn more about Koinos, go to koinos.io

henkcryptotank

Activity: 722
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 22, 2022, 08:00:41 PM

Been following this project closely for the past year. Its insane this is still "Under the radar."

Its going to create a whole new level of ecosystems, and i cant wait to see what its future will bring!

Greets Hank
Jaered

Activity: 840
Merit: 4

View Profile
November 22, 2022, 08:07:46 PM

I dont know about you but I don't think this network addresses the blockchain trilemma. How cheap and scalable is it? It didn't say anything about how much the transactions run on the platform
he man

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 22, 2022, 08:11:07 PM

Before main net, Koinos was first launched as a distribution only token on October 13, 2020, so its just a little bit over 2 years old! The community includes some of the most genuine crypto fanatics I've ever met.

While this is bitcoin talk, Koinos is not trying to be the next bitcoin. Nothing can be the next bitcoin.

Instead, Koinos is a blockchain that offers entrepreneurs a tool to create decentralized applications in way that was not previously possible.

While not everyone will own bitcoin, we still want everyone to be aware of the power of decentralized technology. Koinos makes that possible thanks to the way it offers truly zero fee smart contracts. That means no token, no problem. You can still experience decentralized applications!

This will allow more individuals to take control of their digital-selves. Whether that is a small business or a solo business, doesn't matter. These tools will one day allow access to fundamental resources that were previously only available to big corporations.

Technology like Koinos will change how everyday businesses operate in the same way how Bitcoin has fundamentally changed how people view money.

andrarchy (OP)

Activity: 20
Merit: 3

View Profile
November 22, 2022, 09:34:40 PM

I dont know about you but I don't think this network addresses the blockchain trilemma. How cheap and scalable is it? It didn't say anything about how much the transactions run on the platform

Thanks for the feedback! As far as cheap, Koinos is free-to-use, so it doesn't get much cheaper than that. As far as TPS, Koinos currently has a real max TPS of 150 but what sets Koinos apart is how easy it is to upgrade. The real killer feature of Koinos is its ability to EVOLVE which means that it will have a very high rate of improvement including along measures like throughput (TPS).

If you'd like to learn more about how Koinos evolves, you can read the whitepaper at koinos.io/unified-whitepaper. But the short version is that the entire system is implemented as in-band upgradeable smart contracts (i.e. they can be upgraded without a hard fork). Not only does this make Koinos the most composable blockchain ever, but it means that governance can make granular upgrades to the blockchain without having to coordinate hard forks. Main net features a decentralized governance contract which specifies a month long process for system upgrades, but once an upgrade goes through that process, it immediately gets uploaded to the system without any hard fork needed. The craziest part is that the governance contract can upgrade itself! Those upgrades have a higher bar; they must have 75% of burned KOIN voting on them during the vote period. But, of course, even that number can be changed by governance!  🤯
Koinos The Goat

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 22, 2022, 11:07:20 PM

It goes DEEPER than the blockchain trilemma.

It provides pure decentralized value, in the purest and most powerful sense possible.

By default it is fee-less. By incentive it is free.

Instead of distributing a koin as a monetary currency, Koinos distributes a "share" of the total networking power.

"Networking power" means throughput, storage and computation. This is done through something intuitively called "mana". Mana works the way you would typically think of it working in a video game. It is a resource unit that once spent recharges over time. Like a rechargeable battery.

Once a battery recharges, you are losing the utility of the battery charger. Therefore to obtain maximum value from your investment, you are incentivized to participate in the network by either spending your mana, delegating your mana for someone else to spend, or burning your KOIN to participate in consensus and obtain a return.

If you don't know what to spend your mana on, you should participate in consensus for the return. Either way, KOIN greatly incentivizes the holder to actually DO something with their investment and participate in the economy, one way or another. By simply sitting on your koin, like 99% of other blockchains encourage, you are obtaining the worst return on your investment.
This "return" is WITHIN the Koinos network. The speculative value of the Koin coin, is still intact as a monetary asset, just as any other currency.

Koinos has more potential for scalability than any other blockchain, because its main ability isn't simply one clever algorithm, but rather the ability to UPGRADE to ANY algorithm.

So when talking about Koinos, it's not a question of "did they make a better widget", but rather, it's a question of, a microservice architecture that lets you UPGRADE any widget on the fly.

Who is the "best" fighter in a video game? Any ONE fighter? Or the fighter who can morph into ANY fighter? It think the answer is obvious. 
thelittlecryptoboi

Activity: 6

View Profile
November 22, 2022, 11:35:11 PM

"Making Magic"

Wow, yes! I can only confirm. The project is very neat. The dev community is still small, but we all appreciate how nice it is to build on Koinos.

I like the Koin/Mana feature the most, personally. Never had a better experience as a user. I am really excited about what main net will bring in the future.
It just launched recently.

Go Koinos!  Grin
cryptopick

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 23, 2022, 02:01:31 AM

Its amazing to see something we all have wanted for so long come to light. Will look into setting up a node to support, and perhaps buy some when you begin trading ?
henkcryptotank

Activity: 722
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 23, 2022, 10:58:53 AM

It goes DEEPER than the blockchain trilemma.

It provides pure decentralized value, in the purest and most powerful sense possible.

By default it is fee-less. By incentive it is free.

Instead of distributing a koin as a monetary currency, Koinos distributes a "share" of the total networking power.

"Networking power" means throughput, storage and computation. This is done through something intuitively called "mana". Mana works the way you would typically think of it working in a video game. It is a resource unit that once spent recharges over time. Like a rechargeable battery.

Once a battery recharges, you are losing the utility of the battery charger. Therefore to obtain maximum value from your investment, you are incentivized to participate in the network by either spending your mana, delegating your mana for someone else to spend, or burning your KOIN to participate in consensus and obtain a return.

If you don't know what to spend your mana on, you should participate in consensus for the return. Either way, KOIN greatly incentivizes the holder to actually DO something with their investment and participate in the economy, one way or another. By simply sitting on your koin, like 99% of other blockchains encourage, you are obtaining the worst return on your investment.
This "return" is WITHIN the Koinos network. The speculative value of the Koin coin, is still intact as a monetary asset, just as any other currency.

Koinos has more potential for scalability than any other blockchain, because its main ability isn't simply one clever algorithm, but rather the ability to UPGRADE to ANY algorithm.

So when talking about Koinos, it's not a question of "did they make a better widget", but rather, it's a question of, a microservice architecture that lets you UPGRADE any widget on the fly.

Who is the "best" fighter in a video game? Any ONE fighter? Or the fighter who can morph into ANY fighter? It think the answer is obvious. 

Well spoken!

Greets Hank
jredbeard

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 23, 2022, 03:57:33 PM

I believe that Koinos's killer feature is that it enables the possibility of creating dApps that don't require the first step to be "purchase token". This seems pertinent for anything that aims to capture mainstream adoption. It will be much easier to onboard "normies" into blockchain apps if they don't need to buy anything to participate.

Aside from that, while everyone is battling over PoW vs PoS, this chain uses neither and has the best mix between these two. With proof of burn it won't be possible for large stakeholders to easily "take over" the chain because you have to burn your stake upfront. This means exchanges can't vote with user's assets and anyone who wants to effect governance has to be in it for the long run (because they'll need to earn their stake back over time by actually producing blocks). Another way to think of this consensus method is that it's PoW but instead of physical mining hardware and electricity it's virtual.

Bitcoin will always be bitcoin, but, we have a need to use blockchain technology in ways in which bitcoin can't currently be used. It's not a competition or trying to be a "second best" - it's just about doing different things in new innovative ways that weren't currently possible. I believe that if Satoshi created a general purpose smart contracts chain today it would be of similar design to Koinos.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: