Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 04:43:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How did you get started in trading?  (Read 340 times)
diwataluna (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 103

0x864E3764278C5EB211bF463034e703affEa15e4F

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:01:29 AM

Some people I know who are into crypto trading had previous experience in stock exchange and FOREX markets. Though I have mutual funds and select stocks, I never got around to trading. With crypto exchanges, I've only bought or sold. I'm curious how newbies and the "uninitiated" got started in trading and playing the dips, lows, and swings. Which were the most helpful resources you found? It can be a BTT thread or blog. Where did you first trade? Thanks for sharing!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CryptoBry

Activity: 1008
Merit: 355

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:29:15 AM

Some people I know who are into crypto trading had previous experience in stock exchange and FOREX markets. Though I have mutual funds and select stocks, I never got around to trading. With crypto exchanges, I've only bought or sold. I'm curious how newbies and the "uninitiated" got started in trading and playing the dips, lows, and swings. Which were the most helpful resources you found? It can be a BTT thread or blog. Where did you first trade? Thanks for sharing!

I think we have the same experience. I have never been exposed to forex or stocks trading though. When i got into cryptocurrency me and my friends opened our accounts in Bittrex and that is where we did some buying and selling of coins and tokens until the market tanked and I got some coins trapped in value (planning to cut loss soon). I saw many traders here in this forum who are really doing well but I understand that this is not for everybody and what one accomplished can never be copied by another.
lemipawa
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:35:15 AM

Some people I know who are into crypto trading had previous experience in stock exchange and FOREX markets.
I have no real life trading experience but what pushed me to jump into trading is curiosity and since I don't like to join signature campaigns but I want to earn Bitcoins, I thought trading would be a good alternative in earning Bitcoins which is kinda true, but its very risky because one negative news about Bitcoin can have a huge impact to the price.

Which were the most helpful resources you found? It can be a BTT thread or blog.
Youtube and Investopedia. Anything I don't know about trading I search, I search in Youtube and check the description in Investopedia.

Where did you first trade?
Poloniex!
MasterMoney

Activity: 76
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:39:15 AM

I myself am a newbie, and above all, I think I need to control the emotions and learn from the previous ones.  Wink Wink
Dimonhamon

Activity: 630
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 08:04:21 AM

In order to trade you need a source of information.There are a lot of them on facebook and Twitter, Bitcointalk, Telegram, different sites about cryptocurrency.Choose something for yourself and use it.And various analyzes do not come true for me.
madwica

Activity: 714
Merit: 531

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 08:16:46 AM

Being new in trading, i can say that this is not too complicated because you only do is buying and selling coin but you need to do more research for the coins you wanted to purchase to make sure you will choose the good coin and has possibility to increase its value.
My advantage is i am enrolling in one premium signal group in telegram to guide me in trading and they gives coins to buy and time frame of selling those coins. I think this is the good thing to do if you are newbie by joining some signal group.
MinerHQ
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:17:34 AM

In order to trade you need a source of information.There are a lot of them on facebook and Twitter, Bitcointalk, Telegram, different sites about cryptocurrency.Choose something for yourself and use it.And various analyzes do not come true for me.

That is the problem. There are so much information over the internet but difficult to digest and take a right decision and on right time because in trading if you miss the time then you will miss the chance to make money from your trade.

I'm most of the time investor but only sometimes if I know that some coins going to announce news and If I see coin prices still reasonable then I will buy those coins to sell on the news day means a short-term trade but not a day trading.

After entering the crypto world first one year I didn't do any trading but only buy and keep good coins. Only after that, I started slowly sometimes trading for quick profits.
SrEasts

Activity: 112
Merit: 12

Aida Service

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 10:22:09 AM

Some people I know who are into crypto trading had previous experience in stock exchange and FOREX markets.

I had no experience whatsoever, i learn't about bitcoin on my cybersecurity lessons in college. Started to be interested in crypto in general and after searching for some weeks, i opened my first account on bittrex. I was trading a bit at random since it was my first time at it, i think that it's obvious that i lost almost all the first trades haha

Which were the most helpful resources you found? It can be a BTT thread or blog.

Usually i go with youtube videos, and i watch as many as i can on the same subject, for example, watching 5+ videos explaining and showing the use of RSI

Where did you first trade?

As i stated above, Bittrex ^^

enawati

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

https://adonx.one

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 10:32:20 AM

Before jump in to cryptocurrency trading i was learn about some technical analysis and fundamental analysis of forex trading and binary option trading. I was learn it from google and some video in youtube , and i just learn it by self and continue read some article related trading strategy. Now will be more easy for me to understanding how to trade in cryptocurrency market.

HappyLocust41

Activity: 67

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 10:34:39 AM

I learned the basics in stock trading and stayed for over 2 years.. When I found out that forex and crypto trading is very much similar, I decided to give them a try and found that cryptos trading is very much similar, although with higher potential gains.
TorbiK

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

Diagon

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 10:51:40 AM

I got acquainted with trading 3 years ago. I saw how a colleague trades on Forex. Began to be interested and ask him about everything. And so I became involved. First Forex. Now stocks and crypto.

DIAGON  e S p o r t s       Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAP CN SPN RU   WHITEPAPER  ]   ICO ❱ ❱  Nov. 12 th
facebook    TWITTER    reddit     ────   (   B U Y   )   ────
btcformula

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 11:22:23 AM

Newbie Trade & when newbie got experienced they realise the power of holding Good coin. It's life cycle of all crypto world. Trading is profitable but always stick to pc.
I have no experience of stock exchange and FOREX markets. I learn from own experience by spending 1 year in Crypto world.
The most helpful resource is bitcoin talk & crypto twitter profile. Technical analysis - I can't understand, though it's good but for a long-term investor not important it. Volume is enough to understand the market.
Local Bitcoin is first place where I trade BTC for Amazon EGV
Borisb52

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 11:29:36 AM

I did not have the experience of trading on Forex. Therefore I started from zero. I read a lot here on the forum. I could read telegram chats. I started trading after learning from a familiar trader.
HostiletermitE

Activity: 33

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 11:31:21 AM

I learned the basics in stock trading and stayed for over 2 years.. When I found out that forex and crypto trading is very much similar, I decided to give them a try and found that cryptos trading is very much similar, although with higher potential gains.

Stock trading was my starting point as well.. Now that I have tried trading crypto, I find stock movements really200x slow...
Jackblack90909

Activity: 552
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 11:57:02 AM

Firstly I started by learning the basical principals and requirements for trading crypto currencies. I consumed long time reading in this forum and elswhere (mainly in related crypto trading blogs) about this field, then I started trading with small amounts. With time I got good experience and I learn how to avoid many mistakes.
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 12:09:42 PM

After making 230 dollars selling the free sexcoins I got raining the sexcoin faucet on cryptsy exchange, that is what kinda got me into crypto in a more serious way and that is what made me do my very first trade. I will never forget that, I thought wow I made 220 bucks out of thin air lol and I felt so proud of myself at that time. I have gone on to do a little better, but I could have done ten times better if I had held, sold or bought certain coins at the right time.  Grin

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
LSt56

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:09:05 PM

before I never do forex trading because many of my friends advise me not to get involved in it. if you are a beginner you just do your initial research in some coin that you think is good, you should use funds that are not too big to avoid big losses .when you have joined the trade slowly you will understand how good and profitable trades or you can find some information in some articles and videos about trading.

herurist

Activity: 1680
Merit: 259

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:18:16 PM

You have simple strategy and as long still get profit you should continue with big money. Never too sure and always follow ( copy cat ) others way, you have to find your own way. Actually, helpful resources is anything ( forum, group, web, blog, etc ) that give you knowledge about crypto trade but for real experience you need practice on the real market with real money. My first trade in bittrex and hitbtc and I think those are still the best, even sometimes they get delay and difficult new rules.

███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
mersal

Activity: 1204
Merit: 38

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:42:30 PM

I entered into bitcoin trading for my side income but now it is one of the major income for me trading is one of the toughest business in bitcoin while you are learning the tips and tricks of trading when you learn those things you will definitely make an good earnings in this bitcoin trading .
ayamboy

Activity: 308

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:24:48 PM

my elder brothers told me about trading.he say trading best way to earn in low time earn good money.but if you have not good experience so it,s risky.then i start trading and i learn about trading.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: