Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:21:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: You reap what you sow  (Read 2857 times)
mizerydearia (OP)

Activity: 574
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 16, 2011, 03:02:24 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cu9HUBs5mp0 is brilliant

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
grondilu
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1076

View Profile
January 16, 2011, 05:08:35 AM

Impressive.

em3rgentOrdr

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

youtube.com/ericfontainejazz now accepts bitcoin

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2011, 10:30:07 PM

I liked that one.

"We will not find a solution to political problems in cryptography, but we can win a major battle in the arms race and gain a new territory of freedom for several years.

Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks, but pure P2P networks are holding their own."
Cryptoman

Activity: 726
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 25, 2011, 06:34:28 PM

I've grown tired of listening to Molyneux.  It's not that I don't agree with his point of view, but he always seems so negative.  It's time to quit complaining and start taking an active role in smashing the state: black markets, Wikileaks, exploiting inherent weaknesses in bureaucracies, etc.

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history." --Gandhi
ribuck
Donator

Activity: 826
Merit: 1039

View Profile
January 25, 2011, 08:21:34 PM

Molyneux ... he always seems so negative.

...And as a result he attracts a band of largely-unhappy followers. It's a real pity, because he's highly intelligent and articulate. If Molyneux could take a cue from Harry Browne's optimistic writing in "How I found freedom in an unfree world", his slice of the voluntarist movement would be much more fun.
grondilu
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2011, 09:30:51 PM

If Molyneux could take a cue from Harry Browne's optimistic writing in "How I found freedom in an unfree world", his slice of the voluntarist movement would be much more fun.

Thanks for that.  Just read the introduction chapter and I like it.  I like when he says, for instance :

There must be a way to be free without having to wish for a miracle. It must be a way by which an individual can change things without having to rally the rest of the world to his side.

mizerydearia (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2011, 08:07:49 PM

If Molyneux could take a cue from Harry Browne's optimistic writing in "How I found freedom in an unfree world", his slice of the voluntarist movement would be much more fun.

You should email that to him.  He is human and reads his emails.  He's replied to mine a couple of times.

host@freedomainradio.com
grondilu
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2011, 08:17:48 PM

You should email that to him.  He is human and reads his emails.  He's replied to mine a couple of times.

host@freedomainradio.com

You can also email him a link to this thread, in case he doesn't know about bitcoin yet Smiley

mizerydearia (OP)

View Profile
January 28, 2011, 02:20:40 AM

Stefen Molyneux expressed a lack of interest in accepting Bitcoin donations in favor of PayPal donations.  If you consider it, it's quite conflicting considering his agenda.
Nefario

Activity: 602
Merit: 512

GLBSE Support support@glbse.com

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2011, 04:24:04 AM

Stefen Molyneux expressed a lack of interest in accepting Bitcoin donations in favor of PayPal donations.  If you consider it, it's quite conflicting considering his agenda.

It could also be that he doesn't understand bitcoin.

PGP key id at pgp.mit.edu 0xA68F4B7C

To get help and support for GLBSE please email support@glbse.com
lumos

Activity: 157
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 28, 2011, 10:35:11 AM

You should email that to him.  He is human and reads his emails.  He's replied to mine a couple of times.
> harry browne is dead :C ?
ribuck
Donator

View Profile
January 28, 2011, 10:52:33 AM

It could also be that he doesn't understand bitcoin.

It's that. One person can't be expected to know everything. He knows the stuff he specializes in. He's not even an open source guy. It's Windows for him.

But I don't criticize someone for a lack of knowledge. If he understood open source, and if he understood bitcoin, I'm sure he'd approve of them.
ribuck
Donator

View Profile
January 28, 2011, 10:54:30 AM
Last edit: January 28, 2011, 11:10:52 AM by ribuck

> harry browne is dead :C ?

Harry Browne died in 2006. He published "How I found freedom in an unfree world" in 1973.
mizerydearia (OP)

View Profile
January 28, 2011, 01:38:39 PM

I emailed him link and summary of few comments from this thread to Stefan for him to consider.  However, since he is not bitcoin-inclined, I think it may be useful for someone bitcoin-inclined to assist him with using bitcoins since he may be too busy to establish acceptance of bitcoin on his own efforts.  However, it may be necessary for someone that is friend or family of his to introduce it to him before he shows such acceptance or willingness.
grondilu
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2011, 02:07:10 PM

I emailed him link and summary of few comments from this thread to Stefan for him to consider.  However, since he is not bitcoin-inclined, I think it may be useful for someone bitcoin-inclined to assist him with using bitcoins since he may be too busy to establish acceptance of bitcoin on his own efforts.  However, it may be necessary for someone that is friend or family of his to introduce it to him before he shows such acceptance or willingness.

One email should be enough.  Why should we make so much efforts in order to give money to someone ?

This guy is far from stupid.   He's perfectly capable of understanding what bitcoin is and how it works.  If he's not, then he's not so smart and I don't care about this guy, nor am I willing to give him anything.

ribuck
Donator

View Profile
January 28, 2011, 02:32:13 PM

This guy is far from stupid ... If he's not, then he's not so smart and I don't care about this guy, nor am I willing to give him anything.

It's not about smart or stupid, it's about getting heard above the 10,000 other things that are clamouring for his attention.

He has a huge following, many of whom would be very interested in Bitcoin. I'll post something in their forum.
mizerydearia (OP)

View Profile
January 28, 2011, 02:36:09 PM

One email should be enough.  Why should we make so much efforts in order to give money to someone ?

See http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=804.0 where there was quite a bit of effort
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 28, 2011, 02:39:22 PM

We have not even saturated the whole libertarian movement with bitcoin. Surely, we can do better than this.

ribuck
Donator

View Profile
January 28, 2011, 03:59:09 PM

"What are Bitcoins?" at the FreeDomainRadio forum:
http://freedomainradio.com/BOARD/forums/t/29271.aspx

We have not even saturated the whole libertarian movement with bitcoin.

I doubt whether even 1% of libertarians have heard of Bitcoin.
JohnDoe

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 28, 2011, 08:27:45 PM

We have not even saturated the whole libertarian movement with bitcoin. Surely, we can do better than this.

It may be counterintuitive but I've found that a lot of libertarians are pretty closed-minded. They worship gold and silver like a regular person worships government and when you challenge their beliefs they immediately go on the defensive. I guess it's part of human physiology, we prefer trading one god for another rather than destroying him completely from our minds.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: