Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:39:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it still worth mining bitcoin in 2018 ?  (Read 2461 times)
Hiroyuki879

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 05:39:48 AM

The answer to this question is it depends on where you live and what level of investment you’re willing to make. You may find that you live close to a renewable energy source and therefore, can run the most powerful mining rigs possible without killing your profits on electricity.
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
4rzun4

Activity: 620
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 06:30:17 AM

By looking at the falling prices of bitcoin, accompanied by high electricity rates, and mining equipment that is difficult to obtain and also very expensive, I think it is best to forget about this bitcoin mining in 2018, because the risk is too large and we might lose a lot if forced yourself to mine bitcoin this year.
PalindromemordnilaP

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2018, 07:25:58 AM

I think it's not really worthy to spend time, money, and effort in mining this year because of the status of bitcoin. Here in our country, my miner friends had recently shut down their mining rig because of bitcoin crash and very expensive electric bill.

panukurap

Activity: 486
Merit: 100

DAEFROM.com

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 07:32:42 AM

in my opinion it is still feasible, because bitcoin is still quite a lot left over that is still not mined, but if the problem of profit or loss depends on the electricity tariff in your country, if the electricity tariff in your country is cheap enough to do mining is still quite profitable.

Dr.Osh
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1004

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 07:36:19 AM

in my opinion it is still feasible, because bitcoin is still quite a lot left over that is still not mined, but if the problem of profit or loss depends on the electricity tariff in your country, if the electricity tariff in your country is cheap enough to do mining is still quite profitable.
I think for bitcoin is very difficult, so people choose to do minning on other altcoins. well, even for altcoins, it takes hardware that is so super fast, and good for getting enough profit. What's more, risking from minning is quite large, I think people are now switching from bitcoin to altcoin.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
nisya

Activity: 318
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 08:02:40 AM

One of my friends was shut down his rigs because he cannot make a good profit and he decides to stop the mining process. Although he is not mining bitcoin and only mining altcoin, he saw that he doesn't have a chance to make any profit because he needs to pay the high electricity fee and usually, in the last year, we can pay with easy, and he still makes a profit. He said that maybe if bitcoin price increase in more than $7k, he can continue the mining process but right now, he prefers to stop the mining.
supermine

Activity: 826
Merit: 518

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 08:21:55 AM

One of my friends was shut down his rigs because he cannot make a good profit and he decides to stop the mining process. Although he is not mining bitcoin and only mining altcoin, he saw that he doesn't have a chance to make any profit because he needs to pay the high electricity fee and usually, in the last year, we can pay with easy, and he still makes a profit. He said that maybe if bitcoin price increase in more than $7k, he can continue the mining process but right now, he prefers to stop the mining.
Maybe all the miners will get chance to make profits because of the difficulty rate still it is possible to make profits by mining bitcoin that is why we still the transactions were confirmed maybe your friend need to be in a place where the electricity is too cheap.Even I too suggest altcoin mining now a days since we can make more profits from converting the mined altcoin to bitcoin than direct bitcoin mining.
baby1moretime

Activity: 41

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 08:27:39 AM

Beside BTC, Ethereum or Ripple is the biggest coin in the market and are being widely used. Thanks to these outstanding features and practical applications in practice such as fast online payment, low cost, no Have any organization or state managed, highly liquid and digitized. Maybe you do not know, apart from bitcoin out Ethereum is also the largest digital currency in the world.
florianuhlemann

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 09:10:38 AM

Mining is not as profitable as it used to be, but many people still earn on it. I think there is a possibility that in the future many coins will move away from POW towards POS and its variations
abarbaz

Activity: 28

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 09:19:25 AM

At this moment in the event that you mined a bitcoin obstruct, with two bitcoin of exchange charges you would get a mining payout of 14.5 BTC worth- - a reward at current rates of generally $92,000.
You can consider the mining reward as being 14.5BTC or $92,000 yet you can rest guaranteed that the vast majority care more about $92,000 than the BTC consider for a begin they should pay a gigantic power charge in fiat.
SIDDHI777

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 09:41:03 AM

There are major problems when mining bitcoin because many claim that bitcoin mining make there electricity bill increase and that is why many have left the mining business but if you can find a solution to reduce the cost of electricity by using any alternative power source like solar I hope it can be profitable but the initial cost will be much higher and will take some time to recover the cost

[ M O B U ] The Investment Bank of the Future
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
https://mobu.io/
Sponsoredby15

Activity: 644

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 07:13:21 PM

My question is if it's still worth buying Asic's and start mining BTC in 2018.

If not mine BTC what other coin is it worth to mine nowadays?
It is not advisable to mine BTC today because you will only get broke if you only have a few hardware compared to big companies that operates in a low cost electricity rate and cold environment.
pat4cryptoreal

Activity: 630
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 07:29:37 PM

Mining have come to stay and professional cryptocurrency miners are not ready to quite. With the right technical know-how and experience in mining, mining is still very lucrative.
MbakNarti

Activity: 679
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 07:34:37 PM

Bitcoin still controls the crypto currency market, and the price of bitcoin is still high until now, besides that, bitcoin still has hope to be able to rise again. For that, I think that until now there is a very open opportunity to make a profit through bitcoin mining, and indeed until now bitcoin is still very feasible and still reliable.
AztecGoldHero

Activity: 1260
Merit: 644

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2018, 07:36:20 PM

there is tons of birtoin miner outthere, and lots of companies invested to bitcoin mining millions of dolar, if its not worth it, why these companies invested and still investing,

they are investing because they see the big picture, most of people investing for short term but big players allways invest for long term
Bangete

Activity: 26

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 07:43:03 PM

I read in several forums and Facebook groups that mining bitcoin is not profitable now so they switch to altcoin mining.
Bitcoin mining actually provides the fastest return on investment compared to other investments in just a year you will get your ROI but it still depends on how much hashing power your mining hardware setup or how effective it is
brooklynian

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 09:19:37 PM

Bitcoin mining is no longer a profitable venture for me. I now see it as a mere waste of resources because it takes time to recover even your investment. I can't even try it with cryptocurrency mining firm. I prefer to simply buy my bitcoin and hold, then sell when the price has risen.
Abigail Asi

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 05:21:35 PM

Bitcoin mining isn't the best way to earn more money when you thinking about long term investment. Mining is no longer a profitable business for me again.
goodluck0319

Activity: 420

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 05:23:52 PM

Yes, of course, but the question is, perhaps you will become an investor for a long time, because cryptocurrency is not in a hurry to grow
dzhan

Activity: 743

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 05:30:01 PM

It depends on your initial budget for the equipments and for electricity. But I am sure that making money by mining Bitcoin is nowadays harder than a few years ago, because it requires actually to spend a lot of money and waiting a long time until you get back your ROI and start generating the profit.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: