Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 11:43:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How the new rules "Merits" will affect on the promotion of altcoins?  (Read 887 times)
Benarand

Activity: 773
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:48:13 PM

What do you think about the new rules (merit) of the Bitcointalk forum? Do you think this is good or not?)
Because of this rule of participants in altcoin bounty campaigns will be less?
Is it possible to offer to exchange "merit" in the topics of posts-This will not be a violation of the rules?
Until I understand how this system works, but let's see what happens in the future. Perhaps people will be more responsible to write good posts, and not just spam.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sisira85

Activity: 394
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 06:00:39 PM

It's a great motivation to do good posts as well. The new rules is really helpful  for Bitcointalk forum. I agree that. there will be less spam and unscrupulous users. Roll Eyes

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
De_nis (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 109

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:24:32 PM

Friends! I started this topic this morning, now in a topic of 86 responses and about 300 views, the topic is serious and relevant, and during this time I was sent only 2 merits! Im asking all newbies and junior members who write that the new rule is very cool, how are you going to improve your rank?
adotrulez

Activity: 168
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 10:11:33 PM

Please where can one read the official announcement link of this very serious important announcement?? I need to read the official announcement from the admin
xiaohang07

Activity: 392
Merit: 253

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 10:36:28 PM

I think it is definitely a right move for this forum to grow. I find that multiple accounts is becoming a problem in this forum. A lot of newcomers are exploiting the system to get absurd rewards for their signature bounty campaigns. The incorporation of the merit system could definitely provide even more tools to measure members' behavior. Hopefully, this merit system will reduce the number of spam posts on this forum.

KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 10:38:29 PM

What do you think about the new rules (merit) of the Bitcointalk forum? Do you think this is good or not?)
Is it possible to offer to exchange "merit" in the topics of posts-This will not be a violation of the rules?

nice reset an opportunity to benefit from neutral posts

Pompa

Activity: 297

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 10:41:01 PM

The new rules of the bitcointalk forum i dont know now if good or not because i read many comment here so i think we need to accept  the new  rules of bitcointalk forum
darkfox12

Activity: 56
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 12:14:06 AM

I'm new so it's hard to tell how difficult this might make progression on this forum for newbies.  Time will tell.
inillo

Activity: 254
Merit: 18

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 12:53:46 AM

You would need to move this thread to the meta section. As it is written, does not belong in Alts.
Cryptophorus Columbus

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 12:54:38 AM

I agree that spammers and shitposters had to be stopped.
In some way, the merit system will achieve this goal, but in the same time it kills any chance for people like me to grow, and this is not good for the ecology of the system: we put some effort if we have a hope to have results, otherwise we'll lose interest.
(don't tell me the story that if I write good post people will give me some merits: they are a fixed number, low rank people don't have or have very few, so for sure they'll keep them for friends)
If all low rank people will stop posting, for sure there will be no more spam or shit post (not completely true: high rank have to respect campaign agreements, and don't need merit. I'm not so sure that they will make masterwork at any post) but very fast the whole forum will lose its value.
Btw, we can't judge so early, so this is just my first impression.
OriginTrain

Activity: 406
Merit: 174

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 12:57:44 AM

After observing the system for a few days and the continual amount of shitposts, I think it's good. At least a lot of these users won't be ranking up anymore. Even me I cannot any longer reach Senior Member unless I make good quality posts, and that's great.

However the one concern I've had and continue to have is this "grandfathering in". A lot of Hero/Legendary accounts have already been farmed and are the worst shitposters. I still believe that the "free" merit awarded to everyone should expire after 1 year, to give everyone an equal playing field in earning their merit fairly. Before the ICO boom this wouldn't have been necessary.. but there's just too many crap high ranks accounts now to give out free merit like that.
Opurum

Activity: 306
Merit: 102

Just another random pre satoshi crypto freak

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 06:27:48 AM

I have followed this thread to better understand the implications of the new Merit system on member profiling without grasping much. Alk I could make out is that it  has to do with the quality of posts on the forum. This will be effective for checking spanmers and shithole posters on the forum, but to those who are consistent with quality posts the Merit system will pose a kind of drawback because their ranking up will now depend on the subjective views of some members of the  community on such users' posts. It's like one stepping on the gas pedal and another wheeling the car.
real eyes realize

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 09:01:34 AM

I think the new merit rules will increase the quality of the forum. But also I think the first merit distribution was really injustice. In my opinion, the first merits should have distributed in proportion to activities.
Opurum

Activity: 306
Merit: 102

Just another random pre satoshi crypto freak

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 10:38:03 PM

Sorry, I can't still comprehend the new merit system. Who really gives the merit points – the admins or the forum members?
onionpealer

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 05:14:56 PM

This must be the worst idea ever. For starters why do Legendary members need to receive merit points, they are already at the top of the tree so to them merits are useless. Legendary members should be able to issue merits but not receive them.

The merit system is wide open to abuse, you can see it happening already, where the points are just being distributed among friends and not because the think a post deserves it, look at the stats for the Legendary members they are distributing the vast majority of there merit points among themselves.

One or the Legendary members said that if you post quality posts you will soon move up the ranks, what planet is he living on ? How many people are going to give me any merits no mater how good my posts are, they will just give them there friends and others they are familiar with.
To get up to Full Member I need 100 merit points, with the 1000's of people and 10,000's of posts how is that going to ever happen. (I'm baffled as to how I managed to get 1 merit point already, thanks to whoever gave it, it was appreciated).
Yanisumin

Activity: 648
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:15:25 PM

How the new rules "Merits" will affect on the promotion of altcoins?

It would take at least 4 years to reach the HERO MEMBER because of the merit system (theymos did this for the sake of the forum, because the soul in posting high quality post are dying). If someone is concerned about this because they can't rape a bounty campaign because of the new system then you are just here for the money and not considering the sake of the forum. As we all see the campaigns are one of the main reasons why there are so many off-topic posts, remember that every campaign need at least 10 posts per week, how about a hundred thousand members that has a 10 posts per week? That would be a million posts per week. Even a pretty good poster will run out of words and people will run out of topics here, because it is required to post they (we) have no choice but to post.
The merit system is good for the forum, and I don't think that the promotion of altcoins will change because Jr. Accounts can still participate in the social media campaigns and the forum has a very high credibility in the crypto world. Some of the best investors are not even participating in the campaigns here and they are just visiting this forum and see if there is a new ICO's.
If this is a battle of survival, then those who will stay here is worth it in promoting ICO's than all the newbies and members that are posting garbage just to have a new post.

Roboabhishek

Activity: 882
Merit: 528

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:24:04 PM

I don't think that it will affect the promotion of altcoins that much but instead it might increase the rate of campaigns. Coz not many people can join due to this merit system.
Yes indeed.but in every campaign is not of altcoins.
But I would say it will affect all the campaigns.
coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1102

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:35:59 PM

Sorry, I can't still comprehend the new merit system. Who really gives the merit points – the admins or the forum members?
Forum members can give you merit, the higher their rank is the more points they have to give out and they can give away half of the merit they are getting from others. There are also merit sources who get a number of points every month. That was a shortened version in, if you want to read more go here

This must be the worst idea ever. For starters why do Legendary members need to receive merit points, they are already at the top of the tree so to them merits are useless. Legendary members should be able to issue merits but not receive them.

They get merit because you can give away some of your received merit to others. If they couldn't receive merit they'd have a limited supply and would end up hoarding it.
If you rank up to maximum you still want to be able to help others rank up. Makes sense, right?

onionpealer

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:24:39 PM

If you rank up to maximum you still want to be able to help others rank up. Makes sense, right?

Yes this makes sense but if you look at the stats for the Legendary members they are giving out most of there merits to other legendary and Hero members, how is that helping the community, it's just the rich feeding the rich and leaving us poor souls to starve.
It's like politicians voting to give themselves a pay rise.
inillo

Activity: 254
Merit: 18

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:24:18 PM

It does not take a genius to figure out. Once again, supply and demand. The demand for ICO promotion is objectively growing, the amount of members in the forum is increasing and now high raking members have become a really scarce resource. Hence, a user is more "expensive" now.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: