Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:40:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to evaluate potential ICO projects?  (Read 1498 times)
abderrazak belkhir

Activity: 1096
Merit: 167

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 09:46:15 PM

Personally i dont trust rating site like ico bench and ico trackr...there is many ico's rated very well but in the end the ico is just a scam

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Wolfwar

Activity: 630
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 09:56:06 PM

Personally i dont trust rating site like ico bench and ico trackr...there is many ico's rated very well but in the end the ico is just a scam
but the fact is that even those resources that deal with ratings can also abuse their capabilities. so do not trust 100% of someone, because you need to make the most effort for analysis.
Visteryy

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 11:06:01 PM

Identifying a potential ICO project is not easy:
- Read the white paper of the project
- Check all project developers on LinkedIn
- Read reviews from other users
I also assessed the potential of the project a lot through the way the project publicized the information about its ICO project. Team DEV with clear information with experienced members in the cryptocurrency market will be of interest to me.
Arlette Foxsparkle

Activity: 196
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 11:21:57 PM

Evaluating is very important when you are wanting to invest in some ICO,  understanding their platform very well is a key point to choose a good ICO. Spending a lot of times to read their whitepapers and studying their roadmaps are also the good ways to evaluate an ideal projects. The persons behind those projects are important to determine whether an ICO are legit or scam.
haidil

Activity: 784
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 12:34:39 AM

for that before investing ICO is suggested to further research the project where we need to know the purpose and plan project by reading white paper, not all types of ICO at risk

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
!
CryptoPowerL

Activity: 358
Merit: 29

ASO Service

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 02:52:04 AM

Investing in ICO is a highly risky direction, but also very profitable. Carefully study the project, read white paper, you can write to the developers in the telegram chat and communicate with them. Just a very important fact - is to find out whether the site has published real developers or is a fake
denyfirmasyahputra

Activity: 156
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 05:40:23 AM

First of course we can see his website whether it has quality or not, Second you can read the whitepaper and see the vision of the project whether the potential for the future or not,
@prashant

Activity: 896
Merit: 505

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 07:08:22 AM

First of all ,potential project are rare and other who look like potential project can end up as fail project.unique idea ,renown advisor and pre product deliverance is a must criteria that project will succeed in future rather than just delaying timeline.
TraiKH

Activity: 207

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 07:17:35 AM

Spend time observing and tracking information about devs and what happens when they try to find partners or expand the community( twitter, blog, facebook, medium). A potential project is always a consistent and uniform team. One more time. Watch them for longer periods of time to get to know the community on the telegram. Of course, the first step should be to consider the idea, wp, roadmap ...
jacmaniac

Activity: 157

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 07:43:09 AM

Pay careful attention to the team and their LinkedIn. Do some research, examine their connections and claimed past projects, make sure it is all legitimate and not fabricated
SomeJasonGuy

Activity: 322
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 07:52:06 AM

A great way would be to take a look at the team behind it and to gauge their efforts on social media. Ive been tracking a project called spotcoin and apart from great fundamentals the team posts regular updates and is very responsive. Do check it out, looks quite promising and is based in the neo platform.
Killrbit

Activity: 224
Merit: 31

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 09:50:14 AM

A great way would be to take a look at the team behind it and to gauge their efforts on social media. Ive been tracking a project called spotcoin and apart from great fundamentals the team posts regular updates and is very responsive. Do check it out, looks quite promising and is based in the neo platform.

Yes you are absolutely correct on this. Spotcoin does seem very promising to be honest and the ico is set to take place this month. They are generally very active in social media, and are very quick in answering any questions as well, interesting times ahead.

░░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓************** DFINANCE is New Age of DEFI **************▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
░░▒▒▓▓▓▓* Bitcointalk ▐  TwitterReddit ▐  Telegram ▐  Github ▐  Discord *▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
░░▒▒▓▓▓** A Non-Code Platform for Decentralized Trading Instruments **▓▓▓▒▒░░
GunsLair

Activity: 644
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 11:04:56 AM

First of all, I look at the team and project advisors. Then I search for reviews among experts, as well as on various sites that publish information about ICO projects and in the Telegram groups. Most often this information is enough for me.
dmitrvlas86

Activity: 27

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 11:37:03 AM

100% is impossible to assess good ico or not, we can rely only on intuition and experience, and always remember that you can lose your money
Rhamon

Activity: 98
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 12:26:33 PM

First is don't get caught at the hype of their ICO because they probably paid crypto youtubers to shill it that is part of their marketing strategy. Check the team and their past experiences that stand out.
Ryanpogi

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 01:05:24 PM

The investment community needs to standardized a basic verification checklist for new ICO’s to present along with their white papers and slick pitches.
IVC: ICO Verification Checklist
Or MDC: Minimum Diligence Checklist.
This is some information to evaluate an ico. Thank you.
infuser0416

Activity: 161

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 03:21:50 PM

You are correct. ICO has a high risk to investor but there are some certain rules that i follow when choosing an ICO I Hope this will help Smiley
1. "Timing" does the current market need this project ?
2. "Project" what problem do they solve ? Does the people need this project ?
3. "Team"  can it be executed by the team ? are they composed of a team who can build the project they have proposed
4. "Token Metrics" Are they to Greedy ? or those the token metrics respects the community or just the investors within ?
5. "Instincts and Experience" you may encounter many ICO projects ICO are simply like choosing a friend if you have a bad feeling about the ICO you better stay out Smiley

I Hope This Helps a lot Smiley
IriskaLate

Activity: 364
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 07:06:22 PM

Choose a good project that will bring a solid profit-a great science and it takes a lot of effort .I come to the selection very carefully-I follow the project as it develops-I go in the middle if all my criteria pass. Now I'm cooperating with several projects, one of them is the Eon - I think there will be good results here, Wink
muddy waters

Activity: 294

JOIN THE NEXT MEGATREND IN CRYPTO!

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 10:19:15 PM

As I known, ICO is a kind of risky investment. Similar to the IPO which is the form of invite for capital investment, but when buying IPO, investors can research the information about the company they invested, find out about official finance reports and be protected by law when joining. In contrast, ICO projects are often rather ambiguous and unprotected by government so the risk is so high for investors.
So how to evaluate a potential ICO project, look forward to receiving comments from you  Smiley
To my mind, the main aspect of finding a good ICO is doing a research on the developers and their portfolio.

You should find answers to the following questions:
- What companies do they cooperate with?
- Do they have any successful previous experience in the subject matter of the project?
- Is there a working (beta) version of the product?
- Are the people presented as the project team REAL?

By analyzing all these aspects you can at least sort out the projects that look like an obvious scam.

Lontongmie

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 11:55:51 AM

I rarely invest in ICO projects because there is a lot of scam. And even experienced investors sometimes make mistakes. I try to evaluate by the state of documentation in project.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: