Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:26:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Suggestions regrading the new merit system  (Read 134 times)
gopaljiverma (OP)

Activity: 93
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 12:43:29 PM

First of all I want to say that overall I like the concept and it will help to recognize people making valuable contributions here. However, there are ways to exploit and I would like to discuss here so that the moderators can make necessary tweaking.

1) Suppose there is a member here with 4 accounts having full member accounts. He will have 400 merits in total and thus at most 200 Smerits. Those 200 Smerits can be used to create 20 member accounts with 10 merits each. Now those 20 accounts will have 5 merits each and thus 100 Smerits in total. It can be further used to create 10 member accounts with 10 Smerits each and so on. This can be done on higher scale if a member has higher level accounts or higher number of accounts.

2) I read the official thread and it mentioned that there are merit sources. What if the merit source itself starts selling merits or creating multiple accounts and sending them merits.

3) Actions can be taken against people involved in buying and selling. For instance, if a member with spammy post receives a merit for it, it is doubtful and action can be taken against him. But what is someone abuses this to get accounts banned or negative trust. More like negative SEO which is very common in IM.

I hope moderators have the necessary preparation for combating against these. If you have some limitation of the current merit system to add post below and I will add it here.

No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lutpin
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1874

Goodbye, Z.

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 12:55:31 PM

2) I read the official thread and it mentioned that there are merit sources. What if the merit source itself starts selling merits or creating multiple accounts and sending them merits.
Theymos would have made a bad selection when picking the sources, and would have to remove them upon discovering that.
It isn't allowed for sources to sell their merit, a punishment could go from being booted as source all the way up to getting your account banned, depending on how far you stepped out of line.

Why do we always need 10 threads instead of one? Why do we always have to address the same concerns in 3 different threads?

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀████▄
████▀██████▀█▀██████▀████
██████████████████████████
▐█████▄███████████████▄█████▌
▐███████▄▄█████████▄▄███████▌
▐██████▀█████████████▀██████▌
▐███████████████████████████▌
▀██████████████████████▀
▀████▄████▄▀▀▄████▄████▀
▀███████▀███▀███████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████

▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
            ██                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄                           ██
           ██  ██████                ▄██████████▄     ████████████████████▀
          ██  ████████             ▄████▀   ▀████▄    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
         ██  ████  ████           ████▀       ▀██▀    ████
        ██  ████    ████        ▄███▀                 ████

██  ████      ████       ███▀                  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ██  ████        ████      ███                   ██████████████
     ██  ████          ████     ███▄                  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██  ████████████████████    ▀████                 ████
   ██  ██████████████████████    ▀████▄        ▄██▄   ████

██  ████                ████     ▀████▄   ▄████▀    ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██  ████                  ████      ▀██████████▀     ████████████████████▄
  ██                                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██
   ▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
petuhov

Activity: 122
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:09:23 PM

Theymos would have made a bad selection when picking the sources, and would have to remove them upon discovering that.
It isn't allowed for sources to sell their merit, a punishment could go from being booted as source all the way up to getting your account banned, depending on how far you stepped out of line.

Why do we always need 10 threads instead of one? Why do we always have to address the same concerns in 3 different threads?

Does that selection involves evaluating their knowledge based on posts made ? This has nothing to do with their intentions or ethics.
solovev

Activity: 52
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:26:54 PM

I would like to add one more demerit. I think this will discourage new members to join or post continuously. The concept is tilted towards existing members on higher levels.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: